The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
So I binge read 3D Kanojo because I wanted to get clear some of my doubts before watching the anime and I must say, I'm glad I read the manga first because it may not be your top manga but it's a good manga to read to pass your time.

Now as for the spring anime season, so far Wotakoi and Tada-kun have won me over and those are tied for my spring anime of the season. Persona 5 is doing alright for me.

So overall this anime season is gonna end up as my favorite.

The Cinderella Girls had an election just recently. The results of it are out.

The winner is the gimmick master Nana Abe. Not because she's the most popular, even if she is up there. No, it's because it's their 7th election and Nana is associated with the number seven. That's just what happens in a series as memey as this.

Also three girls got a voice. Not bad considering everyone was ringing the death bells when Starlight Stage was announced as part of the voting.

My best girl? 13th, the highest she's been. I'm proud of her, given I thought she wouldn't get nearly that high. She would have been top 5 of her type too if a different girl didn't get an important card halfway through.

Here is an report on it. Also featuring my latest sorter which is both up-to-date and out-of-date by not featuring the three new voiced girls.

T'oh! That ending... Having no background with the VN, I do not know what to expect for the next episode.

Even in the Beta line, Moeka still seems a bit suspicious. I only wonder how Okabe trusted her enough to disclose Kagari's whereabouts.

Like AOS pointed out...no one watches anime anymore..Just love live! :lol: Currently, it has been a bit busy but I am rummaging around a back log for shows like ( Food Wars...Stein;s Gate...Garden of Sinners....) but I have been reading alot of Manga lately

Gonna drop some pics for now :

IMG_20180514_215654.jpg
IMG_20180512_111009.jpg
IMG_20180517_050304.jpg

Oh, for Initial D fans there some cool stuff you might want to check out :

Nope, this isn't 2D drawing but instead a 3D art using plastic model kit cars and drawn paper as a background. Here how it looks like :

And how the cars were painted complete with drawn manga effects :

Also, bonus :

IMG_20180521_172314.jpg
IMG_20180521_172232.jpg

I retract my earlier recommendation of reLIFE. Show completely stalled after the first 2-3 episodes.

Also those model cars on the drawings are insane.

SVX
How so? I enjoyed it to the end.

The drama just didn't connect with me at all. I was sat thinking that the main character really wasn't facing any actual obstacles, and had a far too easy time connecting to people who were ten years younger than him. In general, he didn't really seem the type of have any problems to begin with. The fun interactions of the early episodes are left behind in favor of dialogue heavy character expositions, with no natural flow as far as I am concerned. I gave up after seven episodes.

The animation was also rather lackluster.

Didn't know Code Geass figurines are still a thing.

33836469_1781001318645276_846598733339557888_n.jpg

by Union Creative. Don't know well of their reputation, but this is kinda neat. A bit odd of a pose to capture, but who can deny that booty? @Apok?

Speaking of figures. I've pre-ordered the first, proper figure anyone has ever made of my best girl.

604548.jpg

I'm kinda surprised AmiAmi are offering a bonus when they're literally making a Kanade figure themselves, but I'll take what I can get.

And now I wait until January. God knows what'll have happened to me by then. But given how I have no time now and likely won't have any time either inbetween or by then, the chances of finding somebody better - or anything new at all that'll interest me, for that matter - is...remote.

Didn't know Code Geass figurines are still a thing.

33836469_1781001318645276_846598733339557888_n.jpg

by Union Creative. Don't know well of their reputation, but this is kinda neat. A bit odd of a pose to capture, but who can deny that booty? @Apok?

Oh my.

Ain't gonna happen though as figurines are uncharted territory. Kind of like this thread for me.

^ But all that merch in your room!

This is the one I'm currently keeping an eye out on preorder:

JG4RAH1l.jpg

Poster 66000 below.

I haven't bought a fig in awhile. Going to AX this year, so I'll look at changing that.

SVX
I haven't bought a fig in awhile. Going to AX this year, so I'll look at changing that.

Let me know if you want any help gauging prices, because convention sellers will more than likely mark it for it's real value + shipping money, because that's Level 1 reseller business strats.

And definitely work for your bargain. A vendor didn't pay for their booth to get nothing in return! Mind you the seller is also sharing similar mindset; the crowd didn't pay $100+ along with that century-long line-up to walk out empty-handed.

Watching 3 animes right now, which is more than the usual 0.

They are Lupin the 3rd, Big Windup and Bartender.

This arrived in Starlight Stage's gacha today.

200538.png

Beautiful. As good a Minami as you will see.

But there's a problem. I'm saving up for this.

200266.png

Same character... But she looks even better. She's back in late July.

So I've got a situation where I've got a card I want but I can't roll for it without spending money (and I'm not doing that for this). I used one 10-roll I had saved up and didn't get her. Hilariously, that could cost me the other one, as well. So I'm resorting to using dailies to try and get an SSR. Wish me luck.

Still...looks bloody beautiful.

You must be at least waist-deep into this Gacha's trap!

Are these just cards you're trying to get?
Well, apart from the fact I have pretty much everything else I want.

And yes, these are two of the three cards I want left. Barely spending a penny on any of them.

Last edited:
So I decided to watch Cowboy Bebop again for the first time since I watched it for the first time which was 15 or so years ago. Whenever it originally aired on Toonami late night. Remember Saturdays were anime and Sundays were comedy, and then it became Adult Swim?

Anyway, having gone through life being a musician and loving the music then, I greatly appreciate it even more now. An anime with big band jazz as the background music? I probably barely even noticed the music then.

The theme song is the best. Just wanted to say that. I found the full soundtrack by The Seatbelts and it's been playing nonstop whenever I'm in the car or need music

Watched the first episode of FLCL Progressive and while it's a little different, it did not disappoint. I have a lot questions and I'm excited to see more of it.

Also, I spotted some interesting individuals during the end credits.
m1.PNG
m2.PNG
n1.PNG
n2.PNG

Oh yeah, they brought back Little Busters as well.

Last edited:
Alright, been a long time since Aqours sub-unit took some rest. Now they are back! :D

I have to say all of them are doing well, especially Cyaron now seems doing better than previous songs. My favorite Guilty Kiss is as good as usual too. But I'm really surprised with Azalea here. I mean damn... they got Technoboys Pulcraft Green-Fund featured to do the musical arrangement in which I like those group cause they always drop some lit beats! Kinda jealous why they not duet with Guilty Kiss instead... But hey, at least all of the songs were nice :D

Almost forgot this :

Yes it is Aqours new single and will be out at the same time with the sub unit singles as well. If you noticed this song is actually based from one of the instrumental soundtrack in anime series with added lyrics.

Oh, here some drops :

IMG_20180321_130402.jpg
IMG_20180417_174401.jpg
IMG_20180508_113240.jpg

Back