The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
Watched the first episode of FLCL Progressive and while it's a little different, it did not disappoint. I have a lot questions and I'm excited to see more of it.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO let down by the fact that you can only watch it dubbed. Waiting util september to even take a peek to it.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO let down by the fact that you can only watch it dubbed. Waiting util september to even take a peek to it.
The dubbed version (the original one, still waiting on the verdict for this season) was actually one of the best ones out there in my opinion.

mfw someone is tortured by waiting until September just for a subbed version:
tumblr_n5tjbrZakM1rmrkv9o2_250.gif

Guys I want to ask should I necessarily watch the first season of FLCL or not? Might waiting till September for the Progressive subs.

Oh, by the way today's pic is my new GTP avatar :

IMG_20180611_161635.jpg

Yup, that's new GR Supra at the back 👍

I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm not saying you should choose the dub over the Japanese version but I do believe it's worth checking out.

I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm not saying you should choose the dub over the Japanese version but I do believe it's worth checking out.

Since english is NOT my native language, I could care less about it. Will NEVER watch an animein english,as it sounds incredibly forced to me. Will wait until september.

Understandable. I honestly did not take that into consideration.

Don't take me wrong, as I know fully well that a dub can be great, México had an amazingly good dubbing company called Intertrack that did some of the best dubs I've heard, Card Captor Sakura being probably the best they did, so much so that every country in Latin America that aired it used it, and it sounded SO MUCH BETTER than the japanese audio which was basically unbearable.

But anime in english sounds impossibly artificial, almost comical to me, I don't really know why, but it does. I don't even want to imagine how my favorite anime of all time would sound in english, as I'm pretty sure it would just blow it to tiny pieces.

The voice of an old dude. When you get so used to one thing, you refuse to change.

But I do agree with some of the points Cano mentions (didn't read every word); English voiceovers don't feel natural.

Dorei-ku the animation. It's interesting, but kinda meh right meow.

You got people who have duels, with whatever challenge/game both parties agree on. Winner makes loser their "slave", obeys their every command.

What motives will people have? Well, that's yet to be discovered.

Steins;Gate 0; still entertaining overall.

The random nonsense cleaning and party bits were totally pointless, but yes I hear it's from the VN, but it's like they use it to fill in time just to advance the juicy bits ever so slowly.

Maho: I've got her notebook-

Bomb dropped with Okabe.
I hope this accelerates and escalates this tension further.

Last edited:
Watched Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

A fun cast with a somewhat incoherent story. It's not great, but I just couldn't give up on the characters and a story that, if it had been better told, could've been great. I feel like the last three episodes took the story in a different direction than it was originally going, and even then, the ending didn't really conclude anything. It's wide open for a 2nd season, but seeing as the 1st season released four years ago, I doubt that'll ever happen. So I guess I'll never get to know how the story ends...

Also, Tensai best girl. One of my new favorite characters.

Last edited:
Just remember about this :

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...inale-anime-film-opens-in-spring-2019/.132394

finale-kv.jpg

So excited for the upcoming sequel film for Hibike that was slated to release this year but then KyoAni decided to push the release until next year. Hopefully the movie is as good as the TV series. What do you think @AOS- ? Would you excited too or there is other thoughts?

By the way, is anyone here already watch Hibike spin off film Liz to Aotori/Liz and The Blue Bird? If so, how was it?

The animation in the show was already pretty damn good. I'm curious to see what they'll manage with a full movie budget. That poster is missing a certain best girl though :(

Perhaps I ought to watch the 2nd season of Hibike too.

The animation in the show was already pretty damn good. I'm curious to see what they'll manage with a full movie budget. That poster is missing a certain best girl though :(

Perhaps I ought to watch the 2nd season of Hibike too.

Yeah, I know what you feel... And in order to understand the movie I think it would be better for you to watch the second season because this movie is a true sequel, as the poster suggest with new characters being shown.

Anyone else watching Megalo-Box? It makes a change from all the gacha fodder.

...says he, hoping no-one notices Eva has a gacha game too.

Tensai of the day?

a8ebc787b8584fded71268d2484250e6b64d4188_hq.jpg

As Ryuugajou Nanana No Maizoukin didn't get the attention it deserved, there's really not a lot of quality fan art of the characters...

Can anyone advise me what the title songs are for the new season of Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory or provide links to them
as I would like to add them to my music collection.

Also is there any new art anyone has made featuring Kaname, trying to do searches on Google just seems to bring up older content
from the original series which I have seen before.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

By the way, LOL

Cingeki Season 3 is just round the corner. Doing an actual rewatch of the first two seasons with my friends on Friday to celebrate.

Also I notice MAL is absolutely screwed, was the security issue it has really that bad?

Yo check out this Sengoku Armored Batman:

f911596d5920d401d311c3c157eb4585.jpg

fa5e8349c3bed5f61fb54481ce39ab4f.jpg

7da005fd1724b0c16e9e9385fb4635fb.jpg

143d5d22db49d6299e8747149b6a8819.jpg

Only 1000 to be made, 1/6th scale, 700mm tall!

The catch: "¥92,407 (Before Tax)"

So I watched the last EP of Tadakoi and the ending surprised me.
I honestly didn't expect Doga Kobo to go for that option. Given Teresa's position as the next duchess (yes I'm calling it duchess instead of princess), I would expect that the anime would give me the bittersweet ending where Teresa and Tada will give their proper goodbyes to each other before they move on with their lives. But this one? I've completely forgotten how royal engagement/marriage breakups are common and with that Doga Kobo went for that option and because of that, we got the ending we wanted and now the Tada x Teresa ship can finally sail without any problems.

And also because of that, the Charles x Alec ship has started too. Poor Ijuuin though.

So overall, a good anime.

Just gonna leave it here since Teresa is just kawaii and the waifu of the Spring season for me.
DaxyBrsU8AEnQ9u.jpg

Back