The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
I'm curious about this, as long they'll add Yohane in the game, because... it just feels right, you know?

I believe they will add all Aqours members in game (there is only 9 of them by the way). And yeah, Yohane will likely appear as some kind of "fallen angel" I guess. Her personality would also fitting in fantasy game like GBF in my opinion.

As I have my MP3 player going at this time, I just remembered something about Hyouka.

If not the show, the soundtrack is pleasant to listen to. It has some calming moods that, to me, create a sense of peace. It paints a picture of a place where I feel I can feel most relaxed, free of anxiety and fear.

And that's something I feel when watching Hyouka.

Agreed on Hyouka having a very relaxing soundtrack, although if I were to choose one that seemingly transports me to another world, it'd be the Girls Last Tour OST.

12 episodes into Hyouka. Seems to be maintaining my interest.

__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_omaru_gyuunyuu__0736baf2c39e2c2e7dc1be3b8c3bd067.jpg
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_ryuu__068240c6309538d711fe943bc63631c1.jpg
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_misumi_macaroni__ed8d8a72c6b14000fb84687ff4d95e9b.png
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_hometa__9f1847618b729896a71b8e405ab3a32c.png
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_yoga_doujou_misawajima__310b9b0d66a3b076cdbbc21daa516526.jpg
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_anza_tomo__51636d20396bb7e7a1062a55d4d8e9bf.jpg
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_ryuu__11c997eafbac1680c4956e2652d22c58.jpg
__miyamoto_frederica_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_drawn_by_hplay__fdb199d3d48f9e7069915f8875eccb48.jpg
MFNzi18.png

And another thing...

Talking of Mika, she's getting an SR in the next Starlight Stage event. She's the first girl in the game to get 9 cards. What a wonderful character. I'll show it to y'all when it actually starts. I can guarantee she'll look absolutely incredible.

So Steins;Gate 14 is finally out. Damn that was a pretty good ep. Worth the week delay.

And then I decided to give Darling in the FRANXX a try. I see why 02 is so popular now.

And then I decided to give Darling in the FRANXX a try. I see why 02 is so popular now.

Welcome to the club. Here is my short impressions by the way :

Overall, it was a show with high and lows in my opinion. The show got a lot of mixed reviews saying whether this is good or worse after the show ends. For me, this show had gain lots of hype from the beginning to the middle (including myself), but in the end it wasn't a smooth ride because of drastic and shocking plot changes that were revealed a bit too late near the end of the series then messed up the whole storyline that already build from the start. However, I feel it is still pretty enjoyable to the end mainly because of it's visuals and animation, so it was fine show, but it could have done better.

If there is merch I'd like to see (aside from Fire Emblem's Robin's cloak), it's 02's suit in the form of a hoodie.

Welcome to the club. Here is my short impressions by the way :

Overall, it was a show with high and lows in my opinion. The show got a lot of mixed reviews saying whether this is good or worse after the show ends. For me, this show had gain lots of hype from the beginning to the middle (including myself), but in the end it wasn't a smooth ride because of drastic and shocking plot changes that were revealed a bit too late near the end of the series then messed up the whole storyline that already build from the start. However, I feel it is still pretty enjoyable to the end mainly because of it's visuals and animation, so it was fine show, but it could have done better.

I want to add to short impressions with mine:

A-1 Pictures. I gave it a 2/10 on MAL.

I want to add to short impressions with mine:

A-1 Pictures. I gave it a 2/10 on MAL.

Wow, that is freaking low mate. Wonder why you gave the score that low? Mine is probably just around 6 or 7. Still, I appreciate your impressions too. It is such a mixed bag resulting various reviews and critics and I agree on that point.

If there is merch I'd like to see (aside from Fire Emblem's Robin's cloak), it's 02's suit in the form of a hoodie.

That would be cool though...

Wow, that is freaking low mate. Wonder why you gave the score that low? Mine is probably just around 6 or 7. Still, I appreciate your impressions too. It is such a mixed bag resulting various reviews and critics and I agree on that point.

That would be cool though...

Honestly, it's a low score because that whole final arc where suddenly aliens turned me off so hard. Also, because of the whole Kokoro thing as well :lol:

*edit* also, https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...film-teaser-reveals-2020-opening-date/.134484

It's happening in my lifetime!

Last edited:
Honestly, it's a low score because that whole final arc where suddenly aliens turned me off so hard. Also, because of the whole Kokoro thing as well :lol:

*edit* also, https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...film-teaser-reveals-2020-opening-date/.134484

It's happening in my lifetime!

Ah, I see... :lol: Thought something else but those were also the reason too I guess.

And wow finally Evangelion is back... Can they pull this thing off after many years of waiting? Two years more man... two years more...

Bloody hell, was it really that long ago all the Eva films were released? Doesn't seem like that long ago I was sitting down to watch them and relishing Eva 2 in particular.

Anyway. Yesterday was a properly important day in some properly important series.

Firstly, new Touhou game.

It's Touhou 16.5. It's called Violet Detector and it's a return to the photo games...only this time with Sumireko, not Aya. Terrific stuff, Sumi is a great character. As usual for Touhou, it's coming out at C94. (Incidentally, I'm still looking for circles per franchise numbers for that...Yes, I know everyone's doing Fate, but still.)

Second, big Starlight Stage update. All sorts of new features - those platinum medals would be wonderful if only we were all mad enough to roll 120 dupes - and a Unity upgrade, which has screwed 3D MVs up for many, myself included. Hopefully compatibility upgrades come sharpish. Oh yeah, and they introduced a new type of card to the gacha...second perms. A whole new terrifying dimension, and one that will keep me waiting on every gacha to come. Even if (most of) my best girls shouldn't have to worry about it.

Lastly,

Talking of Mika, she's getting an SR in the next Starlight Stage event. She's the first girl in the game to get 9 cards. What a wonderful character. I'll show it to y'all when it actually starts. I can guarantee she'll look absolutely incredible.
300537.png

Yeah, I was right.

I got her in one day. And now I wait for the upcoming lim gacha rerun. The one with the most beautiful model in the game.

Last edited:
2020? FFS, I'm almost going to forget what Asuka looks like without an eyepatch.

BTW, I started Megalo-Box. Now I'm wondering what the F1 equivalent would be.

Oh by the way the studio behind Franxx is not A1-Pictures main studio but instead their branch studio that recently had established new name called CloverWorks. It was still subsidiary of A1-Pictures but they working with project separated from the main studio. Similiar to Production I.G and WIT Studio I supposed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CloverWorks

A bit note that A1-Pictures were credited in Franxx at first then until last 12 episodes it was changed to CloverWorks. Just to clarify by the way 👍

Glad I didn't re-enlist in the Navy back in 2015 hoping to be able to stay in Japan long enough for Eva 4.0... I'd need to re-re-enlist for it, lol.

Also, just watched episode 7 of Bartender... that episode was weirdly traditional in its storytelling. :lol:

Okay. Darling in my FRANXX time.

Everything was a-okay for me until the Aliens bit. Direction of show took quite a sharp turn here suddenly introducing new antagonists in the last few episodes. I read your spoilers so I wasn't entirely shocked, but I just have to wonder if this was made up to fill in time because they paced the original premise (or what we interpreted as the original premise) too quickly, or if this was actually planned but they took too long to get over all the "Darling I Love You" drama.

But what's done is done, and for what it's worth, I think they did a okay save at the end given what a plot twist that became. Everyone in the show and the majority of watchers wanted to have Hiro and 02 come back.... and at one point they did, but then they threw in another problem. They saved the girl, yay bring her home and live happily ever after. But no! they bring up yet another problem at the very last moment. There is definitely no way you're coming back if you warp to another solar system....This part was really dumb... and how the hell did you both know all this about the warp gate anyway.

5-6/10, because they did a dandy job developing most characters overcoming their obstacles, but they flopped that ending pretty hard. I guess it's difficult to wrap up a series that does the "defeat-an-enemy-per-episode" formula.

Really hoped that the climax was the breakdown of the dictatorship system, that we would learn more about the adults and whateverelse children were never told instead of concluding it on the premise of learning a different truth about Klaxosaurs and those 2 purple masks.

Oh also. Back Street Girls. This show is freaking hilarious.

3 Yakuza men screw up on their mission. Boss delivers punishment. They either sell their organs... or they undergo sex-change surgery and become idols. Grown men who've only known how to hurt people now have to become cute pop stars.

Last edited:
Okay. Darling in my FRANXX time.

Everything was a-okay for me until the Aliens bit. Direction of show took quite a sharp turn here suddenly introducing new antagonists in the last few episodes. I read your spoilers so I wasn't entirely shocked, but I just have to wonder if this was made up to fill in time because they paced the original premise (or what we interpreted as the original premise) too quickly, or if this was actually planned but they took too long to get over all the "Darling I Love You" drama.

But what's done is done, and for what it's worth, I think they did a okay save at the end given what a plot twist that became. Everyone in the show and the majority of watchers wanted to have Hiro and 02 come back.... and at one point they did, but then they threw in another problem. They saved the girl, yay bring her home and live happily ever after. But no! they bring up yet another problem at the very last moment. There is definitely no way you're coming back if you warp to another solar system....This part was really dumb... and how the hell did you both know all this about the warp gate anyway.

5-6/10, because they did a dandy job developing most characters overcoming their obstacles, but they flopped that ending pretty hard. I guess it's difficult to wrap up a series that does the "defeat-an-enemy-per-episode" formula.

Really hoped that the climax was the breakdown of the dictatorship system, that we would learn more about the adults and whateverelse children were never told instead of concluding it on the premise of learning a different truth about Klaxosaurs and those 2 purple masks.

Told ya :sly: So we can agree that...

Aliens part is indeed very confusing. I mean we have been teased enough with Klaxosaurs origins and behaviour but then BOOM! out of nowhere here is your TRUE enemy, the VIRM. Major good points from Franxx is that how all main characters overcome their obstacles and find happiness in the end.

However, this also a bit of problem since our main couple Zero Two and Hiro in their last moments wasn't really what you called "happy ending". Then twist having them reincarnate as another person in the future were rather cliche, yet it is also quite acceptable in my opinion for not ruining the whole mood and to prevent on what happened prior episode 14 (An episode when Ichigo trying to protect Hiro from Zero Two but ended up with catastrophic mess.) so that is good conclusion in my opinion. Speaking of which, due to fan rage against episode 14 plot, it makes me wonder if the whole story and plot was radically changed due to the incident or the plot is indeed look like that and probably there is no any changes? :confused:.

This show indeed gained lot of hype and attract many fans but it was deemed too much when it reaches the "death threats" incident (that is stupid), while there are some fans raging and ranting all over the place complaining their favorite character (erm... waifu) should deserved better. What happened afterwards is the plot seems trying to play safe with Zero Two and Hiro relationships and not messing it up again until the final episode. Anyway, glad they have done the finale quite well with choosing "happily ever after" route for whole characters so it wasn't dissapoint. Might as well damage control to the entire messed up plot too I think.

Last edited:
Decided to drop Big Windup and Lupin S1 for the time being. I may return to them eventually since they're good, but I was struggling to give them my undivided attention so I'm done with them for now.

Finished Bartender and started The Perfect Insider, which so far I'm mildly enjoying 4 episodes in... but as it's a mystery plot that's raising a lot of questions, it remains to be seen if it'll actually go anywhere that's satisfying. Fantastic OP and ED though, at least.

Due to putting Big Windup and Lupin S1 on hold, I'll also be starting Nadia and Lupin S2 in the near future.

CYYyEks.jpg
Iqd0m1T.jpg

This is a card I've been saving up for since...ooh, November last year? I got my reward at the end of it all.

7gnNHaB.jpg

See what I mean?

(No, I'm not spending on this Syuko. There's a Mika figure to come from this lot yet. And a Kanade figure I've already spent plenty on.)

I'm sure there's plenty more from this latest figure convention to swoon over but since I'm too busy relaxing on this holiday I haven't kept up with any of it, sadly. Except this lots' new PCS Kyoko prototype.

EDIT: OK, here are some new Wonfes figures. Many of these have my fandom in a tizzy.

Last edited:
Well, what do you know. It appears UK Anime Limited has solved their differences with Crunchyroll regarding Sound! Euphonium and is releasing the 1st season on Blu-ray with English subtitles. Why didn't this show up on my searches before I shelled out the cash for the seven Japanese volumes?

https://animeuknews.net/2018/05/mcm-london-may-2018-announcements-anime-limited-round-up-part-1/

Considering that I've spend nearly 3000DKK, the equivalent of nearly 470 dollars, on the first season from Amazon Japan, this is rather frustrating...

So, two years late, but I finally got around to watching RE Zero. Probably one of the most frustrating shows ever. I don't think it's a bad show so much as it fell short of its potential and ultimately is a thoroughly unrewarding show. In the end, none of the major plots lines are even remotely concluded by the time the season ended. Hell, none of them ever really got a chance to start, as they were constantly side tracked by other, less interesting events in the world.

It really bugs me that we receive no insight what so ever into why Subaru is transported to the world, or how the curse even works. Subaru himself doesn't even seem to give a damn about finding anything out about the what's and why's. The whole royal selection ordeal might've been interesting, but that too is sidetracked in favor of Subaru being an ass and suffering the consequences for it, followed by a painfully boring 4 episodes revolving around a big white whale. Emilia-Tan is hardly even in the show after episode 13...

The sheer amount of adversity facing Subaru really becomes too much around the halfway point, killing the fun and pacing of the show, and while his mental breakdown is understandable, I feel like he recovered from it way too well. The hardships were so great that I simply don't buy that a pep talk from a girl, however sweet and earnest she might be, would be enough to completely bring him back on track. Also, answering her heartfelt confession by asking her to help him get with Emilia is beyond cruel. Rem herself becomes rather one-note and uninteresting after that. Not sure why so many people are calling her best girl (that honor of course lies with Emilia :P ). The cult started out as super creepy, but after a few episodes, they just become laughable easy to deal with, and by the last episodes, I was just plain fed up with the main antagonist. It doesn't help that I think the combat scenes in general were rather poorly done, relying a lot on blowing up dirt to make it look like something was actually happening.

Perhaps my biggest gripe is Puck. Why is this spirit (Emilia's father?) so strong, yet also completely useless? Why, and with whom, does he have a contract stating that he has to kill the entire friggin world if Emilia dies? Where does he fit into all of this? What is his connection to the library girl, other than them being siblings apparently(?). And what the hell is the library girls place in all of this? She obviously knows more than she is letting on, as evident when she tells Subaru that she is sick of all the suffering just before teleporting him and Emilia's corpse away.

And god damnit that whale fight was awful!

Okay, it sounds like I hate the show. I don't. I think the premise is interesting. Subaru is a reasonably complex character, even if I ultimately don't think he changes that much. Some moments, like the ending to episode 15 (with the snow covered mansion and Puck rising up from it), were truly intense. The cast was interesting, but very under utilized. Overall, I enjoyed the first 12 episodes a lot more than what came after, because it at least had some semblance of focus.

On a final note, Emilia-Tan is probably the sweetest girl ever, and she was criminally underused throughout the show. Rem heretics, begone with ya! :D

Been a while off from this thread so first up I'm gonna drop this pic :

View attachment 755394

Next up, KyoAni announced new anime project (release date is unknown yet). The title is "20 Seiki Denki Mokuroku" based on novel which won honorable mentions from 8th KyoAni Awards :

20th-century-denki-mokuroku.jpg

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-07-27/kyoani-reveals-anime-adaptation-of-20-seiki-denki-mokuroku-novel/.134764

Already read the synopsis and myself pretty interested with this to be honest.

What! A setting that isn't high school? WHAT?! Sounds promising. Love the poster.

Last edited:
CYYyEks.jpg
Iqd0m1T.jpg

This is a card I've been saving up for since...ooh, November last year? I got my reward at the end of it all.

7gnNHaB.jpg

See what I mean?

(No, I'm not spending on this Syuko. There's a Mika figure to come from this lot yet. And a Kanade figure I've already spent plenty on.)

I'm sure there's plenty more from this latest figure convention to swoon over but since I'm too busy relaxing on this holiday I haven't kept up with any of it, sadly. Except this lots' new PCS Kyoko prototype.

EDIT: OK, here are some new Wonfes figures. Many of these have my fandom in a tizzy.

My fingers are already to hit that PO button for Avenger Jeanne by Alter.

Last edited:
What! A setting that isn't high school? WHAT?! Sounds promising. Love the poster.

Me too. Feels like Chuunibyou but instead more focused on slice of life drama and romance I think. Still waiting for more info regarding this project.

I might put my plans to start Lupin S2 and/or Nadia on ice for now and finally take the JoJo plunge instead... I'm starting to get into a decent routine of actually watching movies & shows, so I'm thinking I should take the opportunity to see what all the fuss is about.

Back