The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
38178384_899457006928885_7434117411852255232_o.jpg

This is generating a ton of hype.

Just waiting on Tokyo Otaku Mode to put that on their site.

Went ahead and started JoJo, 2 episodes in right now. Not sure what to make of it yet, but I think I'm liking it. Caught the Cronenberg reference in the 2nd episode, which was neat. And I can definitely get used to Roundabout for the ED, though I'm not entirely sure how well it fits the show. :lol:

Went ahead and started JoJo, 2 episodes in right now. Not sure what to make of it yet, but I think I'm liking it. Caught the Cronenberg reference in the 2nd episode, which was neat. And I can definitely get used to Roundabout for the ED, though I'm not entirely sure how well it fits the show. :lol:

Roundabout + "To Be Continued" is a meme now.

But real talk, wait until you reach Last Train Home. Mmm!

Third figure in my collection, and it's Haruhi in 1/16 scale (by Kaiyodo). The price was a steal...
mWuArlWQkRU.jpg

The only vehicle of 1/16 scale in my collection is KV-1 tank. Huge thing. But she's not a Girls und Panzer character, so I put her with my 1/18 cars for now.
zIEm79op03w.jpg

BjZKMFht1Ho.jpg

nfiZ-mtja2I.jpg

So, here is something for older fans (or anyone who like vintage anime). Remember City Hunter? The cool yet hilarious bounty hunter Ryo is back on screen next year with new movie adaptation ( @SVX I know you might like this.... :D ) :

ch.jpg

Man... that look good... :drool: :bowdown: They also keep the original cast as well so Kamiya Akira still in place to voice Saeba Ryo himself. Can't wait for it! :embarrassed:

More info here :

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...eals-teaser-video-more-returning-cast/.134971

So, it is mid season already and here is few thoughts on this season anime (spoiler free) :

I feel this season we have such an entertaining yet constant quality show aired this season. For example Cells At Work/Hataraku Saibou wasn't that boring being an educational show about human biology. In fact, it was rather action packed and have good portions of slice of life moments too. I also like depiction of human organs as sophisticated working city where people (cells) having their daily routine and communicating inside our body, Pretty cool concept I think. Other show that gained my attention is Asobi Asobase. Such a hilarious shows with lots of strong gags and jokes. Recommended if you love high school comedy anime. And there is Overlord. This season had better start than last one but I have to catch up with it since I stopped at episode 4 at the moment, so let's see if things getting interesting later.

And now, we are back to idol stuff @SVX :

This video is surely high quality for such a fanmade... :bowdown: Even though it is just a short skits... :lol:

So, after finally having received Hyouka on Blu-Ray (First package was lost in transit, so had to order it again...), I've finally finished the show. Really happy that I gave this show a shot, because it's plain brilliant.

The ending is just excellent. It refrains from rushing their relationship, stays consistent with the characters, while at the same time providing a clear view of what will inevitably happen. Of course they're going to end up together, but having them suddenly confessing would've been out of character, and while I can't deny that I just want them to get together already, the ending we actually got is ultimately far more poignant and fitting to the show. The way their relationship develops and unfolds might just be the best romance I've seen thus far in anime. It's natural, sweet and earnest. They really make for a great couple. Their "game" in episode 20 is just adorable.

Most romance anime just end by the two characters dating. Hyouka ends by making it clear to the viewer that the love the two leads have for one another does not stop at dating, but extends to the idea of marriage. It doesn't need to do anything more than that.

But god dammit, just kiss already :lol:

I've figured out why the soundtrack is so good. It's composed by the brilliant guy who did the soundtrack to Gravity Rush 1 and 2, the latter being the best video game soundtrack of all time! I wish there was more diversity in the music of Hyouka though. I get that you want one specific track for when the mysteries are solved. It's the perfect que to the audience that this is the climax. This is what you've been waiting for. But for other scenes, the soundtrack, while very pleasing to listen to, does become a bit monotonous. The animation throughout the show is superb, as is to be expected from Kyoto Animation. These guys can take the most trivial setting, and make it look amazing.

Curious?

Then watch it!

Last edited:
Wait... weren't you trying to steal the time machine? Why are you blowing it up, Prof?

My nephew recently spent around $500 on figurines. I've raised him well.

I've spent over a thousand on these, and many more. Regrets to come indeed.

Wanted to kindly ask for people to supply draft feedback and sharing support for a cover that I am working to celebrate 20 years of Initial D anime that was originally released in 1998.

About myself, I have the learning impairment dyspraxia who is based in the UK. Recently I have started producing English cover songs primarily from anime and video games that have not been previously covered by other utaite artists or Producer.

You can listen to more of I have done here - http://www.youtube.com/mynameissport

What makes me different from other channels is that I am Producer for fun does it as a hobby and enjoyment and not too fussed about the Patreon, funds or fame. Would be nice to be popular but the aim is to produces content that people will enjoy and ones that have fallen under the radar.

Unsure as of this stage which song I will cover, but it will be something from Series 1 as they tend to be most popular and well known songs but not going to cover ones that have done already such as Running In the 90s and Gas Gas Gas.

What I kindly need from people is two fronts.

First is supplying feedback on the draft version and say what is good and what can be improved in terms of mix quality. Have got the team sorted so all good to go. If supply feedback I will kindly credit people in either the Youtube description or if save is permitting then on the video itself at the end credits. Of course will post the final project on this forum as I got permission to do so.

Second is once the project is complete I will need a band of people to help and support it via social media and word of mouth and any other ways. If shared then will mention social media post thanks as long as names are given.

Terms of releasing I am looking at around end of October time as doing a different idea compared to usual so need more time to get it done.

If anyone is interested to take part feel free to post your interested below, contact me via private message or follow me on my social media links and will aim to get back to you as soon as I can.

And any questions feel free to contact me.

I don’t know why she got so much flak for a tan. She’s just a healthy (and strong) ice fairy.

"the whiter the skin, the "cleaner", the purer; and therefore most beautiful." That can get into some racial discriminatory turf, but that's an Asian thing.

Japanese in particular value this, and you can see it in their lifestyle, and food culinary, etc..

Just noticed today is "someone"
birthday so...

IMG_20180828_015133.jpg
IMG_20180919_062319.jpg
IMG_20180919_091858.jpg

:D

So... we are close to the end of Summer season what do you guys think about this season shows? Myself quite enjoyed it so far, yet I have to catch up with Overlord S3 though because I put it on hold and might marathon it after this season ended. Currently doing Cells At Work/Hataraku Saibou and Asobi Asobase, both were pretty good show imo. Fairly constant and stable quality near the final week so far.

Back