The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
"the whiter the skin, the "cleaner", the purer; and therefore most beautiful." That can get into some racial discriminatory turf, but that's an Asian thing.

Japanese in particular value this, and you can see it in their lifestyle, and food culinary, etc..

Okay, then why is there art with tanned characters from Japan then? I don’t hear many people screaming bloody murder over those (ESPECIALLY those tan line fans...)

So my nephew is now referring to Flandre as Flan-chan.

I guess I should be happy he's got a waifu now. :lol:

A waifu that can literally destroy everything.

The new era... has begun... PDP is here! :D

I have to say all of the vocals are nice, think I just have my new favorite girl(s)... Really enjoyed it starting from 05 to 08, with 05, 06, and 08 being my top 3 on the list. The rest is nice too btw. What do you think @SVX ? Any vocals that catch your attention? :sly:

Anyway, it doesn't mean Aqours journey will end either, since they still have like 2-3 years of their lifespan I guess. Still waiting for the movie and hopefully more future release from them.

Okay, then why is there art with tanned characters from Japan then? I don’t hear many people screaming bloody murder over those (ESPECIALLY those tan line fans...).

I'm guessing tan line people are those who get off the thought of what bikini they wore previously, as clearly burned into their skin. But I would imagine not everybody who likes light skin tones is also into tanned skin tones.

Let us know if you find anything about this.

I'm guessing tan line people are those who get off the thought of what bikini they wore previously, as clearly burned into their skin. But I would imagine not everybody who likes light skin tones is also into tanned skin tones.

Let us know if you find anything about this.

I assume we're not including gyarus in this?

Still not the best Tokimeki in idolism Kappa

But seriously, that main song sounds alright. And I'm glad to see PDP is no longer a mere myth. I am actually interested in them and would like to think they're a good bunch (apart from that bloody board-face girl). Giving some N idols a voice is a particularly big plus point. I especially like the idea of Karin, as to all intents and purposes she behaves much like my best girl. And I cannot imagine any idol less suited to Love Live than my best girl. Even Karin's song is called Starlight. Tee-hee. Oh, and that sounds alright too. And is EDM. Just like my best girl's song. Think her voice sounds particularly interesting, too. In a very good way.

They put the first song in this trailer too.

Not sure about the CG. Really not sure about the framerate either. And this is in a trailer.
(Also I don't know whether this was before or after they killed their first engine to death.)

Oh yeah, I mentioned my best girl. She has an event running at the moment. And a new song. (Along with the idol messiah herself, Kaede Takagaki. It's Hayami and Hayami.)

Of course my life has chosen this exact period to get really very busy indeed. If I could just find some time to mass grind this event, I'd top tier it like a shot. But eh, I'm not that bothered. As long as my best girl collection remains complete.

I assume we're not including gyarus in this?

Still not the best Tokimeki in idolism Kappa

But seriously, that main song sounds alright. And I'm glad to see PDP is no longer a mere myth. I am actually interested in them and would like to think they're a good bunch (apart from that bloody board-face girl). Giving some N idols a voice is a particularly big plus point. I especially like the idea of Karin, as to all intents and purposes she behaves much like my best girl. And I cannot imagine any idol less suited to Love Live than my best girl. Even Karin's song is called Starlight. Tee-hee. Oh, and that sounds alright too. And is EDM. Just like my best girl's song. Think her voice sounds particularly interesting, too. In a very good way.

They put the first song in this trailer too.

Not sure about the CG. Really not sure about the framerate either. And this is in a trailer.
(Also I don't know whether this was before or after they killed their first engine to death.)

To be honest I did like Karin on the first place from this debut video alone. Finally a mature character (onee-san trait I think) is in LL lineup. Her voice is a match to my liking I guess. Setsuna is also good (we have Yohane successor here lol), though she turns out having same voice actress as LLENN from SAO Alternative. I also heard seiyuu of Karin was a main cast in PriPara as well. Basically, both seiyuus is indeed already gain some experience than others, hence why they are good. There is also Ai, the gyaru girl. She have similiar personality to You but I like Ai better. Her voice is similiar to You as well.

And yeah, Karin did reminds me to your waifu, Kaede a bit. She even have same shades of colour too! (short blue hair, blue eyes etc) Anyway, can't wait to see more PDP in action soon :D (Though I hoping for more Aqours and Guilty Kiss content in near future... :( :bowdown:)

About All Stars, guess it is wise decision to delay I think. Something still a bit jarring by looking at character movements and sometimes it is lagged. Myself isn't really looking forward for this game (my phone is already running out of storage lol), but hopefully the final product would be better. :cheers:

Which is better to watch Dragon Ball Super on PS4? Crunchyroll or Funimation? I looked into how many episodes of the dub are left and it will be another year and a little more before it's over. I can't wait that long because it's getting really good! I don't mind watching the subtitles so much as this is a very visual show, especially with the last arc being one big fighting tournament. I'm watching the expo episodes now.

Maintenance of rear compartments of IJN battleship Haruna at Kawasaki naval base.
1943, colorized.
8_gyFfk5tWY.jpg

Oh my, a lot has happened since. I've only seen Back Street Girls and Hanebado last season!

Which reminds me, any recommendations for the fall season, preferably slice of life?

Shameless plug: Anyone into seiyuus? I got the page for you!

Back Street Girls held up alright all the way through. The one who goes back to tell his dad about his sex-change operation who also had one too was still oneo f my most memorable moments.

Code Geass next Feb, boys and girl.

So just what is this SSSS.Gridman thing that is trending at the moment? So far as I can tell it's about mechas and a girl with nice thighs.

Fx9Dmqd5gLE.jpg

So just what is this SSSS.Gridman thing that is trending at the moment? So far as I can tell it's about mechas and a girl with nice thighs.
All I know about this show is a girl named Rikka Takarada, most pictures of which are focused on her thighs.

So I finally watched Chio's School Road...

Why did I miss it last season?!

Basically SSSS.Gridman is modern adaptation from old Tsuburaya's (the company who known produced Ultraman series for decades) tokusatsu show back in 90's. Also called Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad in US. Doing some research before tried the anime and I found it has pretty interesting fact behind it though.

Myself is not tokusatsu fan in the first place, just liking for the animation (it is Trigger btw) and the action sequences. That also include the characters which lead to the questions you asked. Guess Japanese fans found their new thigh fetishes this season while the Western fans complaining about first episode of Goblin Slayer lol

Oh, Akane Shinjou is also good btw... if you like being in a villain side...

So I finally watched Chio's School Road...

Why did I miss it last season?!

I suggest you to try Asobi Asobase. Flipping hilarious :D

Oh what Lightning watches that anime too? Big yes. :cheers:

I also watched that anime last season alongside Grand Blue and it was flipping hilarious indeed. Looking forward to the OVA and specials.

This is the tweet that I found from good ol' Cookie Monster.

Ah, I understand. That guy is my favorite side character though (LASER BEAM FTW! :lol:). Also, nice to know Lightning watch anime as well 👍

Oh, almost forget my usual pic drop. It's been a while since I'm off so here goes :

IMG_20180928_050945.jpg

IMG_20181024_062544.jpg

71312907_p0.jpg
IMG_20181019_193822.jpg

Bonus, which side would you choose?

IMG_20181027_164908.jpg

Yeah those two from SSSS.Gridman indeed. Though they are not wearing this in anime since it is just a fanart. Still, pretty good though

Wait a second.. There is a anime thread in gtplanet??? Why hasn't anyone told me about this before :(

Well anyways yeah i watch them too haha. (maybe one of the reasons why i am so lazy playing gt sport) xD
And nice to meet you guys xD

Wait a second.. There is a anime thread in gtplanet??? Why hasn't anyone told me about this before :(

Well anyways yeah i watch them too haha. (maybe one of the reasons why i am so lazy playing gt sport) xD
And nice to meet you guys xD

Nice to meet you Lightning! Yes, this thread has exist for a long time but don't worry now you found us! :D Happy to see you here :cheers:. Also congrats for your EU Final. That was fantastic race! :bowdown:

Got a question @TRL LIGHTNING what type of anime do you usually watch in your free time? Kinda curious given how I'm surprised that you watch Asobi Asobase. :)

My favourite anime of all time is and will be one piece (have been reading the manga for 2 years now haha)
But as for the genre's: shonen, comedy (and some really stupid comedys like asobi asobase, chio chan no tsuugakuro, nichijou or daily life of highschool boys), thriller, fantasy, horror just for fun and also romance (Yeah i like them)

Nice to meet you Lightning! Yes, this thread has exist for a long time but don't worry now you found us! :D Happy to see you here :cheers:. Also congrats for your EU Final. That was fantastic race! :bowdown:

Thank you! But man it's great to see an anime thread in gtplanet hahahaha

My favourite anime of all time is and will be one piece (have been reading the manga for 2 years now haha)
But as for the genre's: shonen, comedy (and some really stupid comedys like asobi asobase, chio chan no tsuugakuro, nichijou or daily life of highschool boys), thriller, horror just for fun and also romance (Yeah i like them)
Dude this makes me more interested because I'm into those genres (the ones that are in bold). :cheers:

Back