The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,789 comments
When asked to choose between the two, Hachiman should have simply stated that he chose Iroha, followed by her cheering from outside the room because of course she was out there listening in. Nothing escapes her! Yuigahama and Yukino would've looked baffled, Iroha's offer of a way out of the situation would have been used, and everyone would be equally happy (miserable). Ultimate troll ending.

Poor Yuigahama. I still have no idea why she has been all about that Hachiman since Season one though...

I wonder if that's one of the Oregairu VN routes. I only learned recently this series had a VN. I always thought it was just an LN.

And Yui explains that bit very well. She wants it all.

I think the biggest struggle Yui and Hachiman had is that they just wanted this 3-person hangout club to last forever, where they stayed close, enjoyed their time together, but not commit to anything... even though romantic feelings were developing with both girls between Hachiman.

I think in an IRL situation, it would be in Yui's best interest to stay as BFFs with both Yukino and Hachiman, and only make advances should those two break up. Hanging around closely would probably create some unwanted tension.

Looking for some help to identify if this is a real character from a show, if so what's her name which series is she in?

Video backdrop for a Nightcore remix of Harder, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk that's on youtube currently, if you can help I'd appreciate!

I know that background. It's from Syrex's Nightcore mix on YouTube. Can't help you with the identification of the character, I'd assume that she made them herself or had permission from someone else, but I listen to a lot of her Nightcore mixes of TheFatRat and others when I'm at work and even playing in the background when I'm gaming.

EDIT:
Syrex leaves links to the backgrounds in her descriptions. For HBFS, the title of it is called Alice. Don't know if that helps, it's most likely an original character.

Last edited:
I know that background. It's from Syrex's Nightcore mix on YouTube. Can't help you with the identification of the character, I'd assume that she made them herself or had permission from someone else, but I listen to a lot of her Nightcore mixes of TheFatRat and others when I'm at work and even playing in the background when I'm gaming.

EDIT:
Syrex leaves links to the backgrounds in her descriptions. For HBFS, the title of it is called Alice. Don't know if that helps, it's most likely an original character.

Thanks! I knew this would be the spot to ask, it's very good work for an original character, I really must check out the channel for a few more Nightcore remixes, I am only just getting back into anime and it's music after many years absence and the Nightcore mixes do seem very good!

So there's a new Spice and Wolf movie coming out soon: :P:P:P

MPl9U4u.jpg

Last edited:
Holy moly this thread is still going.
I last posted here in 2016 I think. Thought this would have been pruned or something by now...

Back on topic-- I haven't watched anime in a long long time and need to jump back into something familiar. What's the best Gundam of the last 7 years (I'm basically blind to everything after Unicorn and Build Fighters + its spinoffs).

I had a long history with anime, going back to the 60s, watching Astro Boy as a little kid, then Speed Racer and Star Blazers in the 70s, then getting into the hobby seriously in the late 90s. I finally burned out on it mostly over the last ten years. But I still watch from time to time. In the heyday of the late 90s/early 00s, I was a regular poster to the AnimeonDVD.com forum. I started as a sub fan but then became a dub fan as well. My favorite VA was Monica Rial. She was just amazing, playing oujou-samas and magical girls and everything else. We met a couple times at cons in the Seattle area and have been internet buddies ever since.

All that is preamble to my best friend getting me a pretty awesome gift for my birthday which was a couple days ago.

I was looking for my potential, eventual replacement for Idolmaster (CG:SS) as early as summer last year. A year and a half later, I have found it.

d4dj-groovy-mix-english.jpg

From the lads who brought you Bang Dream, it's D4DJ. There's an anime going on right now. I'm not that interested in it. What I am interested in is the game, Groovy Mix. Which is absolutely brilliant. It's like a version of Bandori where everything is brought up to standard, and it makes for one of the slickest, most well-designed games I've seen in a long while. It's all Live 2D as well, which looks impressive and also happens to make the game a lot easier on your device than any of the 3D efforts.
And that's just the UI: the rhythm game itself is a lot of fun, with all kinds of unique elements that all blend in nicely, and the voices put in of the girls aren't even intrusive, which is something of a miracle.
The characters are all damn interesting as well, and notably none of them come across as so bad as to be offensive. At the other end of the scale, I've identified any of 9 girls which have the potential to be my favourite eventually. It's all a wild ride to go through right now.
Oh, and I'm a sucker for EDM. Hence, a lot of the music is right up my street. And the game has a ton of songs in it already, from originals, to Bushiroad's typical spate of covers, to remixes from other franchises put into the game! Like, when I saw Musical Sound Shower in there I thought "Yes, this is it." And some of the groups are utterly superb musically. Photon Maiden is my favourite, and when you hear Photon Melodies you'll know why.

That's my favourite of the lot so far. Peaky P-key are routinely excellent as well, Merm4id's Floor Killer is sensational, and I really enjoy Lyrical Lily too. Happy Around I don't care for much, nor Rondo - I can take a couple edgy songs per game, but not an entire band's worth. But what's good is more than enough to keep me interested.
And seiyuu-wise, this is as intriguing a franchise as I've ever seen. Inevitably there's a lot of crossover with Bandori - Aimi (her third major idol series!), Risa Tsumugi, Sae Otsuka, Amane Shindou etc. - but some of these actresses have really done a number on me. Ami Maeshima, for instance, has completely turned around my view on her, from even before I was really thinking of getting into this. I'm now completely hooked on her. The other two who have really caught my eye are Natsumi Hirajima and Tsunko, both of whom have redefined what I thought possible from a humble seiyuu. I'll leave you to find out why, and there's a very good reason for that.
But what I love most of all about D4DJ is simply its general image. The whole cool vibes surrounding it all are probably enough, but what really strikes me is what a departure from Bushiroad's usual standard this is. Compared to the very safe Bandori, this is far more open and interesting about what it does with its characters, which means the most terrible parts of the Bandori fanbase haven't been tempted to come over, which means the fandom is so much more relaxed. The art style is easier on the eye right from the start as well, and really inviting throughout. Couple that to a huge amount of interaction with fans through streams, and plenty of lives to date so far, and you have a really comfy series to get into as well. With a bit of luck, I might even get to one of their lives next year...especially if there's a CG live around the same time. (I've vowed to go to the next major one they do if I can, even if the best live they will ever do has already passed and will almost certainly never be topped.)
It's just a shame the gacha hasn't been that friendly to me, yet. Something it has in common with all Bushiroad gachas, in fact. But I don't care. I'm so glad I took the chance to get this thing downloaded, I'd been eyeing it up for a while but it was on something of a whim that I actually decided to finally dive in. And I'm so glad I did. My spare time is immeasurably better off for it.
By the way, it's gonna be in English pretty early next year. And unlike just about any game of its ilk, the language will be added in as a changeable option to the Japanese version that's out right now. They are not messing about with their international efforts with this game (which you can tell from the music as well). I hope this becomes a truly unqualified success all round.
Finally, I should note the idea for it came from...F1. Albeit not the racing itself.

TL;DR play D4DJ

Last edited:
Asuka got too little screen time, that's what happened. :embarrassed:

@Lain

BEASTARS S2 is out.

No idea if Louis's coming back or not. They've already diverted our attention to something outside of the whole carnivore vs herbivore political war for now

Looking for some help again as found this wallpaper on HD Wallpapers site but it contains no information about the characters or anime they are from but is one of my favourite wallpapers and would like to label it accordingly.

If anyone recognises them or if it's an artists own work please let me know in the thread or PM.

Looking for some help again as found this wallpaper on HD Wallpapers site but it contains no information about the characters or anime they are from but is one of my favourite wallpapers and would like to label it accordingly.

If anyone recognises them or if it's an artists own work please let me know in the thread or PM.

Girl Friend (Kari) is where they're from.

Girl Friend (Kari) is where they're from.

Thanks! I shall look this up now and relabel the wallpaper with the correct info!

beat me to it. Was gonna say if you drag the image into google search you can usually get the answer.

This is very useful, thanks, found a few others by using the the tip you mentioned!

Last edited:
It's good to see that I have not missed 20 pages of new content and this site is kind of active. BUUUUUUTTTT, I am happy that this is still alive.

Eva 4.0's apparently been spoiled after someone leaked its subtitles from a companion app.

All I can say is...
I'm gonna miss my favourite ship.

Robert Woodhead found the lost masters of Project A-Ko while he was looking up stuff for his Madox rerelease Kickstarter:

This sounds very good news!

Really loved Project A-Ko when it was originally released so am looking forward to watching this again!

Back