The General Relationship Thread

• Thread starter Type S Tony
  • 5,254 comments
Wow, I completely forgot I ever psoted in here :lol:

Anyways, I've been through two moer short-term relationships (and a few, well, more "physical" relationships, so to speak, since then. And, when I dumped the last "girlfriend" (if you can call it that) I had at the beginning of the year, I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked into any relationship that's not promising to be something a bit more serious than what I've been involved in over the course of 2011.

Strangely, though, ever since I decided to go for something serious, I've found that the wrong girls go after me more and more. Might be coincidence, though, because I'm finally seeing some nice results from all the training I'm doing at the gym. :lol: Anyways, I'm currently still holding out for what could be a Mrs. Right.

Gotta say, though, I've not always been able to turn a Mrs. Wrong down completely, either.

As for the whole "women like bad boys" thing, I'd say that's mostly true for teenage girls. And maybe sluts, but those are generally more juvenile than teenagers, anyways. Most women I know just want a gentleman that still somewhat edgy and thereby manly. You know, the kind of guy that cares about them and treats them well, especially in public, but who will put his foot down when he feels the need to. A gentleman with a bit of macho appeal.

It's a bit contradictory, but most men want something similar, anyways... A girl that's nice and kind but really gives you the ride of your life at night. :lol: That's what I've heard from most of my close friends, at least. And it obviously goes for me as well.

Luminis

Anyways, I've been through two moer short-term relationships (and a few, well, more "physical" relationships, so to speak, since then. And, when I dumped the last "girlfriend" (if you can call it that) I had at the beginning of the year, I swore to myself that I wouldn't get sucked into any relationship that's not promising to be something a bit more serious than what I've been involved in over the course of 2011.

Strangely, though, ever since I decided to go for something serious, I've found that the wrong girls go after me more and more. Might be coincidence, though, because I'm finally seeing some nice results from all the training I'm doing at the gym. :lol: Anyways, I'm currently still holding out for what could be a Mrs. Right.

Gotta say, though, I've not always been able to turn a Mrs. Wrong down completely, either.

As for the whole "women like bad boys" thing, I'd say that's mostly true for teenage girls. And maybe sluts, but those are generally more juvenile than teenagers, anyways. Most women I know just want a gentleman that still somewhat edgy and thereby manly. You know, the kind of guy that cares about them and treats them well, especially in public, but who will put his foot down when he feels the need to. A gentleman with a bit of macho appeal.

It's a bit contradictory, but most men want something similar, anyways... A girl that's nice and kind but really gives you the ride of your life at night. :lol: That's what I've heard from most of my close friends, at least. And it obviously goes for me as well.

I was giving advice to a 16 year old, no?

Look things in those teenage years don't change too much, sluts will still be sluts, bad boys will still be bad boys, and nobody will care about them. A gentleman with a macho appeal is not necessarily what women look for. It depends of the person.

And believe me women although they also think about the sex (they just don't admit it.) that's easily one of those priorities that are pretty much at the end of that list of priorities. That being said, the right person will come along with all those other people that you wouldn't want to be acquaintances with.

Vacations been pretty hard on the both of us. We both miss each other really, really bad. I called her the other day and she broke down crying because she missed me so much, and every day I get a headache because I'm holding in all the tears. At least we'll have a week to see each other before she goes to Destin.

lol the "ride" of your life, im glad granturismo dropped that from there moto XD
Any hows yea its generaly true, guys wan ta nice girl whos a total slut in bed just with them and girls wan ta jerk who treats them nice? 0.o explain that to me!

lol the "ride" of your life, im glad granturismo dropped that from there moto XD
Any hows yea its generaly true, guys wan ta nice girl whos a total slut in bed just with them and girls wan ta jerk who treats them nice? 0.o explain that to me!
Did you leave the girl?

So looking forward to sixth form, starting in september in a college with 1600 people per year. Whereas my previous school was big this one is brilliant because there will be so many more girls who are pretty and intelligent, and they don't know my uber nerd past.

From what I have heard you only really know those who are in your class's and with me doing Physics,maths,history and computing hopefully I won't have to deal with all of the chavs and therefore can easily be myself and hopefully find a girl who has similar interests.

I do not want to fall in love with a girl from my country. Pretty much all of them (not all, but you know what I mean) seem to be a slut or just plain ugly in my opinion. Of course, this is America, where a lot of things are bad. :scared: :(

So looking forward to sixth form, starting in september in a college with 1600 people per year. Whereas my previous school was big this one is brilliant because there will be so many more girls who are pretty and intelligent, and they don't know my uber nerd past.

From what I have heard you only really know those who are in your class's and with me doing Physics,maths,history and computing hopefully I won't have to deal with all of the chavs and therefore can easily be myself and hopefully find a girl who has similar interests.

Those are the exact same classes I'l be doing in September, hopefully. Not a single girl in my computing class by the looks of it so I wouldn't hold too much hope there. :lol:

I do not want to fall in love with a girl from my country. Pretty much all of them (not all, but you know what I mean) seem to be a slut or just plain ugly in my opinion. Of course, this is America, where a lot of things are bad. :scared: :(

Have you even seen the rest of the country? :lol:

Society is a 🤬 I have been working on getting closer to this girl for months, we're now really good friends and I'm helping her with problems in her life (Best friend seemingly abandoning her, breaking up with her girlfriend) thing's are going well and I think soon enough I'll be in with a chance... or rather I did think that until according to my friend at work experience she met a really good looking guy who she now has a massive crush on 0.0
How does this work! I care for her more than I do myself and give so much of my time for her and how am I re-payed? By some pretty boy coming along and flexing his feathers like a ruddy peacock and swooning her away! Love is not fair to the good guys who try :(

Actually, you already got friendzoned by your female friend when you started to be really good friends and helping her with her problems in life.

So she never really saw you as someone to be in a relationship with.

Those are the exact same classes I'l be doing in September, hopefully. Not a single girl in my computing class by the looks of it so I wouldn't hold too much hope there. :lol:

There probably won't be in computing, in my gcse class for it there were 25 of us, all guys.

From what I have seen though there are lots of girls doing Maths and physics, I don't know for sure about history however that will definately have girls in it.

I was giving advice to a 16 year old, no?

Well, I just wanted to give a general opinion on that topic because, quite frankly, that's an "issue" I've been running into. A lot. :lol:

It depends of the person.

It always does. That's why I said "most women I know" ;)

Generally, though, I've never known or heard of many women that tend to stick with a guy that's entirely kind and perfect ("You're too good for me"), nor have I heard of many girls that stay with a total jerk. A lot of them are attracted to that kind of initially, from what I've experienced, but either realized that being mistreated isn't all that fun or try to change the guy anyways.

tl;dr: Mr. Goody-Two-Shows is boring, Mr. Megajerk to unpleasent. The middle ground is where it's at ;)

And believe me women although they also think about the sex (they just don't admit it.) that's easily one of those priorities that are pretty much at the end of that list of priorities. That being said, the right person will come along with all those other people that you wouldn't want to be acquaintances with.
Well, you're right about girls not valueing sex as much as men do, I'd say. However, I don't quite get the rest of that paragraph.
lAny hows yea its generaly true, guys wan ta nice girl whos a total slut in bed just with them and girls wan ta jerk who treats them nice? 0.o explain that to me!
Shoudl've explained it a bit better from the get-go, I guess, but I suppose that I've cleared that up a bit with this post :)
How does this work! I care for her more than I do myself and give so much of my time for her and how am I re-payed? By some pretty boy coming along and flexing his feathers like a ruddy peacock and swooning her away! Love is not fair to the good guys who try
See, that's precisely why I'm claiming that being Mr. Nice Guy just doesn't work. No offense, Callumfromleeds, but that's just a prime example. You're just being a good guy and she probably doesn't even realise you as a potential partner...

That's the good thing about being a wee bit of a jerk at times: It might not always work, but it at least drastically reduces the chances of getting friendzoned - from my experience, at least.

Well, you're right about girls not valueing sex as much as men do, I'd say.

I'd disagree here, I find women are very sexual minded, to the point that casually hooking up with them for some fun can lead to them wanting something more meaningful. It has been top priority for most i've met, this includes casual and serious relationships.

Women will be more open sexually if they don't have to worry about what the rest of society will think of them for it. A lot of potentially hot women are missing this crucial part of what makes a woman very sexy, they are so scared of being labelled as something that they'd rather hide their passions until they are behind locked doors.

I'm not saying everybody should be having sex in public, but there is nothing wrong with being close with your girl around others.

I'd disagree here, I find women are very sexual minded
Sorry for snipping the rest of your post off, but I think I'll have to visit your area sometime ;) It might be a regional thing, not sure about that. But most women I've met (not all, just most) have been, you know, not that easy in that regard. Quite the opposite.

In fact, most girls I've met recently have, seemingly, been looking for that "Twilight relationship": A guy that loves them like hell but has no physical desires whatsoever. At least until we got to a certain point...

I might just've been unlucky, though.

I bought today bday gift for my gf...book "pisses me off most in a relationship"
I hope she like it and want live with me after that :lol:

In fact, most girls I've met recently have, seemingly, been looking for that "Twilight relationship": A guy that loves them like hell but has no physical desires whatsoever. At least until we got to a certain point...

I might just've been unlucky, though.

Sound like you're going for the girls who are control freaks and have exceedingly high standards?

Better than Indian women who expect their men to have eight degrees, three doctorates, and a 8.0 GPA in life.

I disagree, 5 degrees and 1 doctorate seems to satisfy most women around here :)

I know it was a bad joke.

Ahh The Friend Zone, we meet again, we seem to be all too well acompanied with each other.

I suppose I shall take your advice and be a bit more of a 🤬... sometimes. Just difficult for me I prefer to be nice to nice people, makes me feel better about myself if anything.

Callumfromleeds
I suppose I shall take your advice and be a bit more of a 🤬... sometimes. Just difficult for me I prefer to be nice to nice people, makes me feel better about myself if anything.

Awful advice... The nice route gets you relationships the 🤬 route gets you a date...sometimes...

Means you're possibly too much of a nice guy or too predictable, aka, the perfect boyfriend by society's standards.

This is me, basically. By nature I am a very nice person, and traditionally romantic in nature. I guess you could say I would be that "perfect boyfriend" who girls would say "you're too good for me" to. I don't view this as a problem though; as much as I would like to experience a relationship again, single-dom has been good to me. So I'm not about to change who I am just to get a girl.

Unlike many people nowadays (and some people on this forum) I didn't start chasing after girls and thinking I could have a real relationship at 10, 12, 14, etc. I didn't have my first and only (so far) relationship until after I graduated high school a year ago, and I was better for it.

I suppose that now that I've dipped my toe into this proverbial swimming pool, I should say that my one relationship was last summer, with a girl I desperately liked in high school. We had a fantastic relationship throughout the summer, but then just before I left for college (we planned to long-distance it with Skype dates and the like) she left me for seemingly no reason whatsoever. I thought it was easy to explain, with her reasoning being for one or more of three reasons - the fear of long-distance, losing interest in me, and falling for someone else. And yet, when I probed her for answers she said she still liked me, it wasn't the long distance thing and she hadn't fallen for anyone else. So I still have no idea why she left, and I can only assume she was lying on some or all of her response.

She got with one of her best friends (the sort of situation where you wonder how on Earth isn't this guy in the friend zone?) barely two weeks after she left me, which led me, understandably, to believe that she had fallen for him and lost interest in me towards the end of our relationship, but when I asked her several months later (I was not on speaking terms with her for a very long time) she insisted that that was not the case and it came as a complete surprise to her that her friend asked her out - and yet, almost a year later, they're still together.

In hindsight, it was a bad idea to start dating someone when I knew I would be going off to college in 3 months, and I should have expected an end at some point, but I'm glad I did anyway, as the time we spent together was an experience I'm glad I can remember. So all of you who I know who are waiting to post how stupid I was to get with her when I did, you can shush. :P

Better than Indian women who expect their men to have eight degrees, three doctorates, and a 8.0 GPA in life.

I know one that doesn't. ;)

"The perfect boyfriend", a label that could describe me. The guy that is too nice, or friendly. I used to spend a lot of time trying to find a girlfriend (kind of ridiculous) that it drove me away from people, even isolated me. Now I've made it so I'm still looking for one, but being single doesn't frustrate me, and I still live my life the way I want to. I will find someone one day, and I'll enjoy that, but for now I'm happy with what I have, me. The point, for the nice guys my age, is don't let the desire for a relationship consume you, like it did to me.

I disagree, 5 degrees and 1 doctorate seems to satisfy most women around here :)

I know it was a bad joke.

Yeah. That's why me as an Indian, look forward to meeting a non-Indian woman in the future...Hopefully my future medical degree can lure some, but I doubt it...

I know this is off topic but Driving Park, why aren't you in GT5? <3

Back on the topic though, all of you, just don't worry about looking for someone. Sure if you like someone go for it but don't go out ACTIVELY looking for someone, to be honest I think that you'll end up finding something that won't work.

Even though I am currently single and the reasons I haven't had another relationship may be considered "stupid" for a lack of a better word, the relationships that I've had have all been special because the person I was with understood me and we sorta, well "clicked" (I know it sounds cliche but in my defense I am not very good expressing feelings.).

I think that true love is the one where you fall for one person slowly, and start finding the little things that he or she has that makes you feel different and makes you feel like a better person. Makes you feel happy. Get where I'm going with this?

Back