The Gran Turismo 5 Edited Pictures Thread (56k Warning)

• Thread starter PSNgamer
  • 260 comments
You don't say.

I was trying not to be so hard at the critic.. in case he didnt notice he overpassed :)

here are a few of my edits:

i5do9h.jpg

This is real. :)

I'm glad i'm not the only venezulan in here 👍 i'm in Miami though lol

Edit: I'm still in awe that those G35, LFA, and S2000 pictures are a video game o.o quite scary

Woah, lucky you, at the moment im stuck here, but its cool to know another venezuelan, even if you are in Miami :lol: oh and please add me on the PSN if possible

You don't say.

I'm really tempted to purchase Photoshop again in time for Wednesday.

chepu, nice work as always but you still need to move that JPG quality slider up, it's messing with your pictures.

Yep I have to improve quality, although im not looking for the perfect finish look, because it wont look as real, thats one of the things that make gt5 not as realistic as possible; its too damn perfect to look real :lol:

Yep I have to improve quality, although im not looking for the perfect finish look, because it wont look as real, thats one of the things that make gt5 not as realistic as possible; its too damn perfect to look real :lol:

I didn't mean the quality of your editing, I meant the quality setting on Photoshop. Like this:

photoshop-jpg-options.jpg

If you move that slider up to 10-12 your pictures will look better when they save :)

Ah, well see my last response to chepu ;) I'm not criticizing your skill, it's just that Photoshop ruins images if you let it save them too low.

The quality setting is always on its highest settings for me. You cant expect much from a jpeg anyways as you always get artifacts no matter how hard you try (especially that of a digitally created image not that of real life). I wish they allowed some sort of .RAW image to have more control over the picture after its been shot like you would with an SLR.

edit: Plus i'm also using the smaller already compressed images instead of the uncompressed originals and sizing them down.

Last edited:
edit: Plus i'm also using the smaller already compressed images instead of the uncompressed originals and sizing them down.

That might be the issue then. JPGs are indeed lossy but at maximum quality on Photoshop the differences are barely noticeable. It was mainly just that last picture you posted, the sky around the GT logo is clearly split into separate bars of colour rather than being a smooth gradient.

The quality setting is always on its highest settings for me. You cant expect much from a jpeg anyways as you always get artifacts no matter how hard you try (especially that of a digitally created image not that of real life). I wish they allowed some sort of .RAW image to have more control over the picture after its been shot like you would with an SLR.

Yup, some of my pics are saved in maximum quality but the jpeg artifact ruins pretty much everything, I can do a perfect one but it'll take a whole lot of time rebrushing/smoothing and perfecting every damn car panel :lol:

Also trying to remove the jpeg artifact with a filter will end up as a blurry mess, trust me on that :D

Oh and really cool pics xgravismorsx

Yup, some of my pics are saved in maximum quality but the jpeg artifact ruins pretty much everything, I can do a perfect one but it'll take a whole lot of time rebrushing/smoothing and perfecting every damn car panel :lol:

Also trying to remove the jpeg artifact with a filter will end up as a blurry mess, trust me on that :D

If you want really great quality you could always save in PNG. The filesize is quite a bit larger but it'll look amazing.

This is real. :)

If it wasn't for the tailpipe reflections I think it would be almost impossible to tell...

Are you saving over and over again or something? Because the level of artifacting that's showing up is pretty extreme... I can usually save a JPG quite a few times before that happens and even then that's not the kind of artifacting that normally comes up... are you sure you aren't reducing color depth or squashing then levels in some way?

Maybe save it as a PSD or TIFF file first edit then convert back to JPG or something?

I dunno but the pics are great, the artifacting is... :ouch:

Try smoothing out the motion blur in the 2nd to last one. The framerate makes the blur step, and it looks weird.

I would, had it not been for the Taxigamer logo.

More from the replays:

5197696994_5733df6d3a_b.jpg

5197695182_25b7ca5a2a_b.jpg

5197696786_60d3fa90a5_b.jpg

5197697226_accc58acd0_b.jpg

5197096035_fbf6d27628_b.jpg

5197096901_778a30bb04_b.jpg

5197097109_5a0b203818_b.jpg

5197694730_859c03338b_b.jpg

5197866638_35220f36e7_b.jpg

5197867310_067cd19f38_b.jpg

5197867136_ea4ae08dd4_b.jpg

5197867488_7c7565560d_b.jpg

5200511164_7f3d09aa38_b.jpg

5200512444_8f128e152f_b.jpg

5199915819_dd203bd0a2_b.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! I love this topic. Once I get my copy, you can be sure that I'll be posting my works as well. Roll on Wednesday!

I don't have much experience in PSing. But do you guys use custom brushes to make the photos look realistic? I only know simple things like using Filter and Stock Brushes

I do have a collection of over 1000 custom brushes, but they aren't on my new pc yet. I've only used stock brushes and filters for mine thus far.

I do have a collection of over 1000 custom brushes, but they aren't on my new pc yet. I've only used stock brushes and filters for mine thus far.

I guess you don't edit pictures just for fun. Still wondering what made you buy a PC? :lol:

Should this be in the photomode section?

I believe this makes the most sense, now :)

Infact, I think this thread can survive indefinitely, post-release, as a sort of general thread for all post-GT edited shots. For those who are using other peoples' images, I ask nicely that you at least give credit to the people who provide the originals, however.

If people want to post their own edited shots, to share in this thread instead of keeping their stuff to just their gallery (or, if they don't have a gallery), I think that'd be a great thing to help the Photomode community grow.

Thoughts?

Infact, I think this thread can survive indefinitely, post-release, as a sort of general thread for all post-GT edited shots. For those who are using other peoples' images, I ask nicely that you at least give credit to the people who provide the originals, however.

If people want to post their own edited shots, to share in this thread instead of keeping their stuff to just their gallery (or, if they don't have a gallery), I think that'd be a great thing to help the Photomode community grow.

Thoughts?

It definitely makes sense for a separate thread for edited shots.

I don't have much experience in PSing. But do you guys use custom brushes to make the photos look realistic? I only know simple things like using Filter and Stock Brushes

I use stock brushes, 8+ years of Photoshop experience :) I mean, I'm not amazing, but I think I can say I'm good without blowing my own trumpet too much.

Thoughts?

By that do you mean leave it in the GT5 section? I guess that makes sense to help raise awareness of the epicness of photomode. (sticky?)

But yeah I think there should be a thread for edited shots, whether they are your own or not. As you said, credit should be given of course (unless it's watermarked).

Latest Posts

Back