The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,750 comments
1) hud settings not saved
2) random reset of wheel setting (T300) with wheel calibration not working anymore. However whell support id badly implemented and default settings are unplayable.
3) in SPA with mercedes amg a45. the car when controlled by AI crashes into the pitwall, than you achieve manual control but the car is damaged

Practice session in the Formula Gulf I had a big crash at Oulton Park and pulled back in to the pits with a wheel missing from the front right. I was all fixed in the pits and the car was back to driving as it should but the wheel was still missing.

When driving in the Clio Cup around Catalunya during a race I went around the third corner and was lining up for the fourth when my car suddenly felt like it was smashed in the side and then I did around two full flips over onto the roof going sideways. I was on the middle of the road and checked the replay and nothing was near me.

All on the PS4.

Last edited:
What we have at the moment with the game is like the 2015 Mclaren, lots of potential and great to look at but with many little niggles and glitches....But soon it will take big strides forwards and will be a real winner!!!! Of that i'm very confident! ;)

To early to say, but at least I can tell you that SMS are working around the clock on specific issues that has been reported as well as improvements. Some issues mentioned here on GTP have been resolved already.

Thanks! ;)

To early to say, but at least I can tell you that SMS are working around the clock on specific issues that has been reported as well as improvements. Some issues mentioned here on GTP have been resolved already.
Is there a way for (non-backer) people to directly detail and report issues they're experiencing with the game, rather than having to go through a third party site like GTPlanet?

Is there a way for (non-backer) people to directly detail and report issues they're experiencing with the game, rather than having to go through a third party site like GTPlanet?
Honestly, most of the issues are already known. Some ps4 specific stuff like fanatec wheel support is not of course, but a lot of things have been reported already. Still, sometimes you guys do stumble upon something we've never seen, so keep it up!

Had a really odd issue occur on the Xbox One a couple of times.

In the Shifter Kart I overcooked the corner a little and as I went off the steering reversed itself as if the kart was in the R gear even though the momentum was still forwards

Does anyone else have this happen? In the last lap of a timed session (Practice or Qualifying), when the time for the session ends, it cuts you off, ends the session and brings up the times from the session without being able to finish your lap?

I was doing a qualifying session last night, mid way around a lap, the time for the session ended and the message came up at the bottom from the race engineer saying 'Session over. Finish your lap' (or whatever it says) and I was on a bit of a flyer, but before I finished the lap, the session just ended after I got that message and brought the times up onto the screen and I was unable to finish the lap.

This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

Any thoughts?

Does anyone else have this happen? In the last lap of a timed session (Practice or Qualifying), when the time for the session ends, it cuts you off, ends the session and brings up the times from the session without being able to finish your lap?

I was doing a qualifying session last night, mid way around a lap, the time for the session ended and the message came up at the bottom from the race engineer saying 'Session over. Finish your lap' (or whatever it says) and I was on a bit of a flyer, but before I finished the lap, the session just ended after I got that message and brought the times up onto the screen and I was unable to finish the lap.

This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

Any thoughts?
Bug, but hard to reproduce it, at least seems to be kind of random. If you can have a 100% reproduction of this bug let us know. You'll get a cookie :)

I just tried to start practice session for round 3 of Clio Cup and as soon as it loads me in the pits my T300 suddenly spins to one side and starts vibrating a lot. rebooted the wheel, tried same event again and it did the exact same thing. PS4. I hope it's just a bug in the game...

^ Which 's'? It must be burnt into your retina - you'll never see a singular 'forum' again :P

(Edit: I'm just messin' with you, mate - there was an s there for a few seconds - didn't even make it into your quote :-))

LOL... you got me for sure. :P

Instead of being DrDoxey eh... DrJustice, I think you're more the Lucky Luck of the Edit-button. Quick on the trigger! :lol:

:cheers:

I just had a bug where the game cheated me. Historic event in an old Mercedes Touring Car at some german track. I did the practice and came in 1st place, proceeded to qualifying to find my car had 90L of fuel (restricted as minimum in setup too) in it while the AI were running on something closer to 10.. They were passing me down the straights, under braking, on the inside of corners and around the outside... Car drove like a damn whale and I had not a chance in hell.

Moved into the actual race and it was a similar situation, 90L of fuel for a 3 lap race.. So I did an Alt + F4 rage quit and came back to it later, jumped into the race to find my car was sitting there with 12L of fuel... Thanks for that, game.

Any thoughts?

Yep, my first qualifying went well and It told me "final lap" when the timer run out and so I drove to the end of the lap and it was done.. Every time after that it just ended the session as the timer hit 0... Annoying little bug.

Drivers gear changing animations are not working on some cars in replays (cockpit view & external view), at the same time the gearshift indicator on the dash doesn't change.

I've had 2 issues with exiting the pit garage during practice or qualifying.

- The 1st issue was at Zolder. When I exited the garage my car hit something that cracked the windscreen and did heavy damage. I tried a few more times and eventually managed to exit without damage.
- The 2nd issue was at Snetterton. I selected "drive" and my car just sat there. Tried again and I exited the garage.

I'm on the PC version.

Some pit crew messages starting with small letters must count as a bug, doesn't it?

My PS4 crashed and rebooted when I was doing a free run at the Nordschleife.
However, the game is awesome! :gtpflag:

On PS4:
- Announcement lady volume in the menus is very low and I can't get it turned up.
- Sometimes the track disappears before the start, cars and clouds appear slowly. Luckily all is ok once the race starts.
- Sometimes there are no engine sounds. Only option to resolve it is restart the race.
- Pit strategy options are getting ignored.
- Request Pit Stop doesn't work. Nothing happens when you push the button

Back