The Great Project Cars Glitches, Bugs and Errors Thread

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Johnnypenso, Apr 18, 2015.

1. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Any news when the next patch will be released and what it will fix? :)

gtracedriver1 and amazed like this.
  2. paulpg87

paulpg87

1) hud settings not saved
    2) random reset of wheel setting (T300) with wheel calibration not working anymore. However whell support id badly implemented and default settings are unplayable.
    3) in SPA with mercedes amg a45. the car when controlled by AI crashes into the pitwall, than you achieve manual control but the car is damaged

3. smilerftm

smilerftm

Practice session in the Formula Gulf I had a big crash at Oulton Park and pulled back in to the pits with a wheel missing from the front right. I was all fixed in the pits and the car was back to driving as it should but the wheel was still missing.

When driving in the Clio Cup around Catalunya during a race I went around the third corner and was lining up for the fourth when my car suddenly felt like it was smashed in the side and then I did around two full flips over onto the roof going sideways. I was on the middle of the road and checked the replay and nothing was near me.

All on the PS4.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    bleeder likes this.
  4. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

What we have at the moment with the game is like the 2015 Mclaren, lots of potential and great to look at but with many little niggles and glitches....But soon it will take big strides forwards and will be a real winner!!!! Of that i'm very confident! ;)

JohnScoonsBeard and Lord_Lucan like this.
  5. DrJustice

DrJustice

To early to say, but at least I can tell you that SMS are working around the clock on specific issues that has been reported as well as improvements. Some issues mentioned here on GTP have been resolved already.

6. HammyMansell

HammyMansell

Thanks! ;)

7. PJTierney

PJTierney

Is there a way for (non-backer) people to directly detail and report issues they're experiencing with the game, rather than having to go through a third party site like GTPlanet?

8. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

Honestly, most of the issues are already known. Some ps4 specific stuff like fanatec wheel support is not of course, but a lot of things have been reported already. Still, sometimes you guys do stumble upon something we've never seen, so keep it up!

Lord_Lucan and VBR like this.
  9. DrJustice

DrJustice

You're all invited: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/ :)

VBR and McKiernan like this.
  10. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

McKiernan likes this.
  11. DrJustice

DrJustice

^ Which 's'? It must be burnt into your retina - you'll never see a singular 'forum' again :p

(Edit: I'm just messin' with you, mate - there was an s there for a few seconds - didn't even make it into your quote :-))

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  12. killswitchmad

killswitchmad

Had a really odd issue occur on the Xbox One a couple of times.

In the Shifter Kart I overcooked the corner a little and as I went off the steering reversed itself as if the kart was in the R gear even though the momentum was still forwards

13. Aaron685

Aaron685

There's a serious lag issue on the Xbox One version of the game don't know if this was mentioned already

14. bleeder

bleeder

typo:
    tuning setup > dampers > 'slow & fast bumps' description, 2nd line: "...less responsive in CORENRS"

15. WadeOhh

WadeOhh

Does anyone else have this happen? In the last lap of a timed session (Practice or Qualifying), when the time for the session ends, it cuts you off, ends the session and brings up the times from the session without being able to finish your lap?

I was doing a qualifying session last night, mid way around a lap, the time for the session ended and the message came up at the bottom from the race engineer saying 'Session over. Finish your lap' (or whatever it says) and I was on a bit of a flyer, but before I finished the lap, the session just ended after I got that message and brought the times up onto the screen and I was unable to finish the lap.

This seems a bit stupid, but I'm not sure if its a bug or intentional. Once you know there is not enough time left in the session to complete your last lap, there is no point completing that last lap.

Any thoughts?

iainoflo85 and Lord_Lucan like this.
  16. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

Bug, but hard to reproduce it, at least seems to be kind of random. If you can have a 100% reproduction of this bug let us know. You'll get a cookie :)

17. bleeder

bleeder

I just tried to start practice session for round 3 of Clio Cup and as soon as it loads me in the pits my T300 suddenly spins to one side and starts vibrating a lot. rebooted the wheel, tried same event again and it did the exact same thing. PS4. I hope it's just a bug in the game...

18. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

My current problem:

Any ideas why this is happening?

19. LogiForce

LogiForce Premium

LOL... you got me for sure. :p

Instead of being DrDoxey eh... DrJustice, I think you're more the Lucky Luck of the Edit-button. Quick on the trigger! :lol:

:cheers:

DrJustice likes this.
  20. Bigbazz

Bigbazz

I just had a bug where the game cheated me. Historic event in an old Mercedes Touring Car at some german track. I did the practice and came in 1st place, proceeded to qualifying to find my car had 90L of fuel (restricted as minimum in setup too) in it while the AI were running on something closer to 10.. They were passing me down the straights, under braking, on the inside of corners and around the outside... Car drove like a damn whale and I had not a chance in hell.

Moved into the actual race and it was a similar situation, 90L of fuel for a 3 lap race.. So I did an Alt + F4 rage quit and came back to it later, jumped into the race to find my car was sitting there with 12L of fuel... Thanks for that, game.

Yep, my first qualifying went well and It told me "final lap" when the timer run out and so I drove to the end of the lap and it was done.. Every time after that it just ended the session as the timer hit 0... Annoying little bug.

21. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO

Did you turn off cockpit mirrors in the settings menu?!

22. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Is there even an option for that?

23. CHEN255

CHEN255

Drivers gear changing animations are not working on some cars in replays (cockpit view & external view), at the same time the gearshift indicator on the dash doesn't change.

VBR likes this.
  24. FuriousDemon

FuriousDemon

Known. Thanks for the report anyway! :)

VBR and CHEN255 like this.
  25. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

On pc there is...helps with the framerate, especially if you're using the virtual mirror anyway.

26. Animera

Animera

I've had 2 issues with exiting the pit garage during practice or qualifying.

- The 1st issue was at Zolder. When I exited the garage my car hit something that cracked the windscreen and did heavy damage. I tried a few more times and eventually managed to exit without damage.
    - The 2nd issue was at Snetterton. I selected "drive" and my car just sat there. Tried again and I exited the garage.

I'm on the PC version.

27. VincentVegaSWE

VincentVegaSWE

Some pit crew messages starting with small letters must count as a bug, doesn't it?

My PS4 crashed and rebooted when I was doing a free run at the Nordschleife.
    However, the game is awesome! :gtpflag:

CHEN255 likes this.
  28. Fryto

Fryto

On PS4:
    - Announcement lady volume in the menus is very low and I can't get it turned up.
    - Sometimes the track disappears before the start, cars and clouds appear slowly. Luckily all is ok once the race starts.
    - Sometimes there are no engine sounds. Only option to resolve it is restart the race.
    - Pit strategy options are getting ignored.
    - Request Pit Stop doesn't work. Nothing happens when you push the button

Nato_777 and VBR like this.
  29. Baleb26

Baleb26

PS4 Version: Trackside camera replays are very glitchy on occasions. Anyone else noticed (or are bothered by) this? Not a priority but I do love my replays - something the GT series does very, very well. Hoping it's something that can be patched at a later date.

30. Baussinen

Baussinen

At least on ps4 practice mode when i enter to pit and press change driver, nothing happens and i can drive around pits.