The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

A little complain: Bad sensation when you are doing a fast lap, on the edge of time session, and it ends on the last turn (when the time ends) instead of allow you to cross the finish line :(
It's a known bug, but no one can consistently reproduce it, if you can let me know and I'll provide details to SMS. That is offline. Online you will have to deal with it, cause people could abuse it by never finishing the lap and the session would never end.

What is the verdict on the FFB for XBOX ONE / PS4 and using the same wheel on PC?
I assume it's going to be dumbed down, if so have the devs discussed this or is it a limitation of consoles?

What is the verdict on the FFB for XBOX ONE / PS4 and using the same wheel on PC?
I assume it's going to be dumbed down, if so have the devs discussed this or is it a limitation of consoles?

Why are you assuming that?!

Why are you assuming that?!

Hi, not so much assuming but curiosity if its a factor of patch/update and wheel settings or a general difference between platforms.

No doubt community user comparisons/opinions will be forthcoming on release.

Listen to Alan (Team VVV) @ 5:00

Last edited:
Hi, not so much assuming but curiosity if its a factor of patch/update and wheel settings or a general difference between platforms.

Yes, and then he says that could be because he may not have set the FFB up in the same way.
As far as I know, the FFB is the same on all 3 platforms. A WMD member could probably (hopefully) confirm (either way).

Well, the verdict may or may not get dumbed down. The devs don't rate the verdict of consoles any more limited than, say, the verdict of toasters :P

(J/K, sorry - couldn't help myself)

Yes, and then he says that could be because he may not have set the FFB up in the same way.
As far as I know, the FFB is the same on all 3 platforms. A WMD member could probably (hopefully) confirm (either way).

Hey I hope it is identical to PC myself...
Time will tell

^ I don't have the PS4 version, but there should be the same functionality and options on all platforms (except for the obvious platform dependent stuff).

No doubt community user comparisons/opinions will be forthcoming on release.

I hope Alan delves further into the PS4 wheel feedback and if it's not as good as the PC feedback then why not?

I hope Alan delves further into the PS4 wheel feedback and if it's not as good as the PC feedback then why not?

I know his full review of the game is in progress. Looks like it will be tomorrow. I believe he has a few issues with XBone version. But we will see all in due course.

I cannot remember the last time I was so hyped about a game. When you grow older in life and the years are showing you become wiser and take everything that comes your way in your stride. But Project Cars has throwing that out the window.

You know my wife said to me yesterday. I never heard so much about a game in all my life. Then she says, 'Will I see you after Friday'. I said. 'No'. :P

I have one small complaint to make, I have to wait until the 12th of May to get my Pre-order of Project Cars. I originally thought it was tomorrow, but it's apparently not that. :grumpy:

Damn you, PS4!! :mad::banghead: No download during rest mode?? (Auto download was selected.) Why did I bother putting you on rest mode this morning before I went to work?!

My complaint:
Had to stop playing to go to bed :(

I feel your pain, I had to stop playing to go to work. Thank goodness the weekend is soon, or I might come down with a horrible computer virus and have to have some sick leave... ;)

Looking at the wheel set-up options it is now more apparent as to why it would be easy to have VERY mixed wheel performance issues.

Whats a GOOD setting for T500RS?

Wow! Which wheel setting/optimal set-up/wheel troubleshooting thread do you start with?!!

This forum has suddenly become awash with these queries.

It's all gone a bit Shift 2ish (Deadzones etc.) Yes I did just write that. I'm holding off for a bit me thinks.

Last edited:
You know what breaks immersion?

All those nvidia (and PCars :sly:) billboards next to the track.

17187937687_36164f400e_k.jpg

Everyone wants to play career mode...I tried to set up online lobby with a few PC members, but everyone is racing that damn AI :)

The UI is definitely not as intuitive and user friendly as I was expecting.
Yeah, it's a weak point for sure. Something that will be improved in the future. Still, there were tons of videos out there showing how the UI is, so not sure why it's unexpected.

Something like 4years of development, made by sim racers for sim racers....No proper triple monitor support :confused: :banghead:
How did that get overlooked ?? This day and age should be standard for any PC release...Again :confused: :banghead:

Something like 4years of development, made by sim racers for sim racers....No proper triple monitor support :confused: :banghead:
How did that get overlooked ?? This day and age should be standard for any PC release...Again :confused: :banghead:
It's not overlooked. Just low priority item that's all. It's still playable on triple screens. Just not like some other sims.

Back