The Great Project Cars Whinging and Crying Thread

Haha that thread is just as pathetic as the other one. How a bunch of people can claim that sound is anywhere near the real thing is beyond me. Even the sound guy gets butthurt and has a carry on at people giving feedback. If this is how they react to people pointing out inaccuracies in the game, it's no bloody wonder it has so many issues lol.

People who have never even seen one of these cars in person arguing with not one, but two people who have not only seen them quite a lot in person, but actually been inside them. This is getting beyond a joke now. Obviously we're going to be stuck with the weedy sound we've got.

The fact they're claiming the sound is fine (SMS that is) is them suggesting the sounds in other sims are inaccurate. Anyone with ears can tell the iRacing sounds are great.

This is just the same old rubbish as Ian was spewing when I reported track inaccuracies, and he tried to claim their version of Monza was more accurate than the laser scanned version in AC. Do they even read what they're writing? It's hilarious how much they bury their head in the sand. "What? No we haven't done anything wrong, everything in Pcars is perfect. I don't care if other games have actually recorded the real sounds, or have laser scanned their tracks, ours are better, lalalalalalala" *fingers in ears*

Last edited:
Did you notice that not one WMD,mod,or dev came to his rescue with the "Like Button" that doesn't happen very often

Give them time man lol. They love doing that. Anyone who defends the game or blindly praises it gets a ton of likes from all the other robots involved in the SMS circle jerk.

Edit: I should add, before anyone misunderstands, I love driving that Falcon. It drives very nicely, and feels how you'd expect it to. They've done a good job on it on that front. It's just painful to hear what sounds more like a V6 with a fart cannon than the brutal V8 sound the real car has.

Yeah that made me laugh too :P.

Did you notice that not one WMD,mod,or dev came to his rescue with the "Like Button" that doesn't happen very often
Feel a bit sorry for the guy as he's getting a lot of criticism, but it's a bit short sighted to think that you'd get away with a sound sample like that and not have people moaning about it. Like stated by a lot of folk already the sounds are hit an miss in PCARS, as half of the car roster sounds original, but then the other half sounds very generic. Also practically every gearbox sounds exactly the same too which is not helping neither.

Yeah that made me laugh too :P.

Feel a bit sorry for the guy as he's getting a lot of criticism, but it's a bit short sighted to think that you'd get away with a sound sample like that and not have people moaning about it. Like stated by a lot of folk already the sounds are hit an miss in PCARS, as half of the car roster sounds original, but then the other half sounds very generic. Also practically every gearbox sounds exactly the same too which is not helping neither.

Imagine the backlash if they released the Fusion Nascar and it sounded like a V6 camry with a ricer exhaust. Some cars they can get away with this, but a car like a V8 Supercar, which has very distinct sounds that are a big part of the sport's spectacle, must have decently accurate sounds if people are to be happy with it. As it is, it's missing quite a vital part of what makes it a V8 Supercar.

Even Codies Race Driver series had more accurate V8 Supercar sounds, and the first of those came out 14 years ago lol.

Imagine the backlash if they released the Fusion Nascar and it sounded like a V6 camry with a ricer exhaust. Some cars they can get away with this, but a car like a V8 Supercar, which has very distinct sounds that are a big part of the sport's spectacle, must have decently accurate sounds if people are to be happy with it. As it is, it's missing quite a vital part of what makes it a V8 Supercar.

Even Codies Race Driver series had more accurate V8 Supercar sounds, and the first of those came out 14 years ago lol.

You had to mention the Ford Fusion , just like the V8SC sound that NASCAR 358c.i. 835hp sound is like no other. He better not HALF A** this also, glad i got 30 days to think about :banghead::banghead:

Ian Bell
user-online.png
Head of Studio
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MISTER WU
Well said mate, its not wrong its just way off.
We'll look at the sound guys.

Mods, please pass to Bruno.

looks like they might be listening

Last edited:
Ian Bell
user-online.png
Head of Studio
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png

quote_icon.png

Wow, that's not the reaction I would have expected from him. He must have gotten out of the right side of the bed for once lol.

Might just be a case of if they're trying to get licences for cars but can't even get the sounds right it might not look too good for prospective future deals from other manufacturers. Like 'you put this car in the game but didn't get the sound right so you can't have another one' or something. It looks bad to players, what do manufacturers make of it? They must have teams that check the authenticity of their products.

Or else just a good decision by them regardless.

Ian Bell
user-online.png
Head of Studio
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png
reputation_highpos.png

quote_icon.png

I remember when he said similar about custom championships and then said it would be here when its solid... take it with a pinch of salt. The ammount of interst its generated i'd not be at all surprised to hear in a few days "THE FALCON WILL BE BACK IN PROJECT CARS 2 WITH FULL PROPER V8 SOUND GUYS!!!!!!"

With loads of likes from all the cling ons and try hards....

I remember when he said similar about custom championships and then said it would be here when its solid... take it with a pinch of salt. The ammount of interst its generated i'd not be at all surprised to hear in a few days "THE FALCON WILL BE BACK IN PROJECT CARS 2 WITH FULL PROPER V8 SOUND GUYS!!!!!!"

With loads of likes from all the cling ons and try hards....
Whilst that may be correct, getting something like custom championships working vs patching in an audio file are two quite different challenges. If they can't even correct a car sound then we are truly in trouble.

Whilst that may be correct, getting something like custom championships working vs patching in an audio file are two quite different challenges. If they can't even correct a car sound then we are truly in trouble.

I think they could do a lot, its more a case of won't as PCars 2 sales drive is on. But yes i was being more sarcastic than anything, i think they will fix the V8 supercar sound for sure.

Decided I wanted to try some fun with a good career mode, started with Clio Cup... Lag, frameskipping, audio freaking out and the Clio seemingly randomly and repeatedly losing itself at speeds below 70kmph without any home of recovery. Absolutely ridiculous.

Back to GRID Autosport I suppose...

Decided I wanted to try some fun with a good career mode, started with Clio Cup... Lag, frameskipping, audio freaking out and the Clio seemingly randomly and repeatedly losing itself at speeds below 70kmph without any home of recovery. Absolutely ridiculous.

Back to GRID Autosport I suppose...

Are you on Xbox One?

Only just found out that not only did they raise the minimum payment to enter PCars 2 WMD..."To keep the idiots out", but they won't be paying the WMD guys a penny in return on investment...lol...looks like in fact they kept the idiots IN....
Ian Bell must just be uncontrollably laughing every night.

He and SMS also now know that they can pretty much get away with anything now. But then I think they learnt they could do that with Shift 1 and 2..

Only just found out that not only did they raise the minimum payment to enter PCars 2 WMD..."To keep the idiots out", but they won't be paying the WMD guys a penny in return on investment...lol...looks like in fact they kept the idiots IN....
Ian Bell must just be uncontrollably laughing every night.

He and SMS also now know that they can pretty much get away with anything now. But then I think they learnt they could do that with Shift 1 and 2..

While we won't receive money, we still receive different things depending on what we paid, plus we get acces to the game way before the release, plus we get to see the development of the game. That's worth it, imo.

Thats said, since you pretty much called us idiots and since you can't stop talking about Ian in every single post you make, I welcome you to be the first member in my ignore list.

While we won't receive money, we still receive different things depending on what we paid, plus we get acces to the game way before the release, plus we get to see the development of the game. That's worth it, imo.

Thats said, since you pretty much called us idiots and since you can't stop talking about Ian in every single post you make, I welcome you to be the first member in my ignore list.

Wow, you get to SEE the development of the game....not alter it or help it...very telling response... they knew enough people would join up again for some odd bragging rights whilst they run off into the sunset with the cash... bravo to them I say.

Oh and the 'idiots in' well everyone according to SMS and WMD not in are 'idiots', stop being so precious. Jeez.

Dude come on, get off the hate train. I m very critical of SMS due to my inside knowledge as everybody knows by know but you take it way too far and making a fool out of yourself in the process with your false accusations and conclusions based on superficial knowledge.

FFS so i can't even say anything in this thread now?
Please explain how i have gone too far when SMS have got people to pay into this the same as PCars 1 yet unlike that they get nothing back?
I felt sorry for you when Ian booted you from the forum, you didn't deserve it.
I don't hate anything, PCars 1 is my most played game....

FFS so i can't even say anything in this thread now?
Please explain how i have gone too far when SMS have got people to pay into this the same as PCars 1 yet unlike that they get nothing back?
I felt sorry for you when Ian booted you from the forum, you didn't deserve it.
I don't hate anything, PCars 1 is my most played game....

Then its a good job you didn't join...if you don't want to then you don't have to.

For me, the entry fee money is worth it....the days inside WMD were really quite enjoyable, i consider to have met a lot of new people with like minded interests....and whatever you think we do have an impact on the game and choices inside it.
At the end of the day we get the game free, DLC free and lots of other small stuff....and while the monetary value may not be exactly equivalent (i actually havent worked it out).....to have dev builds, feedback and see what they are up to for the next 2/3 years means i will get more hours of gameplay out of it before it even releases than most games i buy in the shop.

Also if the opportunity to invest comes up again....i for sure as will. But if not....no issue to me.

Then its a good job you didn't join...if you don't want to then you don't have to.

For me, the entry fee money is worth it....the days inside WMD were really quite enjoyable, i consider to have met a lot of new people with like minded interests....and whatever you think we do have an impact on the game and choices inside it.
At the end of the day we get the game free, DLC free and lots of other small stuff....and while the monetary value may not be exactly equivalent (i actually havent worked it out).....to have dev builds, feedback and see what they are up to for the next 2/3 years means i will get more hours of gameplay out of it before it even releases than most games i buy in the shop.

Also if the opportunity to invest comes up again....i for sure as will. But if not....no issue to me.

Good for you, well done. Not enough whining or crying though 3/10, try harder.

Oh and how do you know I didn't join? ;)
I don't think anyone would say £50 is a vast amount of money, I know several people who joined for varying reasons.
I know that they call the new engine 'phoenix'.... witty..

Last edited:
This is the "whinging and crying" thread, is it not; so why tell someone off & critcize them for doing exactly what it says on the tin!

VBR
This is the "whinging and crying" thread, is it not; so why tell someone off & critcize them for doing exactly what it says on the tin!

And whats wrong with countering an opinion? I didn't say he was wrong, just that my opinion is different....but calling everybody an idiot if they see value to what SMS is doing with PCars2 was a little far in my opinion.

Whatever, no issues with me.

Where is agent 47 ?!
I need him right now.
Bob must die.
Lmp2 endurance series @ 50% race distance.
After 71 laps I hand over to Bob. Total race is 86 laps. End of the race it starts to drizzle a little bit. On the last lap of the LMP1 leaders - BOB pits in. The pit box is just in front of the finish line:banghead: all he had to no was to drive 10 laps ! But UHH NO let's play the player for a fool!!!:banghead:🤬🤬:crazy:

Back