The Great Sounds of the Automotive World

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 1,403 comments
  • 122,705 views
I'm always amazed at how smooth the High RPM Hondas sound, I still prefer the Toyota, but that Integra's real nice too.
 
 
I've never liked the sound of 2 stroke engines. Then it occurred to me that I've only ever heard single cylinder 2 stroke engines. With twice the combustion events as an equivalent 4 stroke engine, it sounds essentially like it's running at twice the RPM it actually is. On a single cylinder, this makes it sound kinda...bad. So I thought, well let me see what a 2 stroke V8 sounds like. I was not disappointed.



Makes most of it's power under 5500rpm, yet it sounds like it's turning over 10,000. Awesome.

More 2 stroke goodness:

 
Last edited:


Possibly a repost, but it's amazing how such a small V-twin has some noticeable similarities to an "American V8", almost like a Mini NASCAR :drool:
 
While I do prefer petrol LMP's, just listen to that KERS system on braking :scared:
 
 











 
This is what a real engine sounds like.

DAT IDLE


 
I think I posted this here already but its so good! My absolute favorite road car sound:
 





 
^ Language warning on that last one. :drool:
 
Oldie but goodie: BRM V16
 
Back