Not open for further replies.

syntex123

Currently lurking!
Premium
Norway
Færder
syntex123
Syntex260Z

GTPlanet's very own Sunday Cup Track Day cars. Image and liveries by @JKcreativeworks. - (click for full-size)

This Fortnight's Theme
Track days. How fun is that? Getting to drive your very own car out on a track is something many of us wants to do, or maybe already do regularly. What if you take this idea and implement it on your favorite N class car in Gran Turismo and slap on a GTP number plate? This is how JKcreativeworks wants us to think in his theme, Sunday Cup Track Day:

So I've got this idea, of an amateur trackday where N class cars are used, the objective is to make a car look realistically track-prepped with small tuner company decals, and other details/specs you find on a trackcar going for a trackday. The theme might sound rather plain, but I want to see people go for a minimalistic look and focus on details.

CARS:
N class cars only
LIVERIES: keep it as simple as possible, It's a hobbyist/amateurs trackday. racestripes/side lines etc are allowed. But no full race liveries.
USER MADE DECALS: Allowed
LOCATIONS: Shiretoko for the main pics
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: The contestant must make use of the GTPlanet Sunday Cup trackday numberplate+numbers provided in the links below.
Numberplate: here

Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0

1) Choose the Shiretoko scape (found by searching all locations and refining by 'Japan'and 'Snow'):

View attachment 729370

2) Apply the following settings:

Camera

Camera Settings

Aperture: F 2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/60 (as it's not a panning shot I don't know that this is important)
Focus: Single AF

Environment Settings
Aspect: 16:9
Orientation: Landscape
Resolution: High

Effects

White Balance
Temperature: 9800 K
Colour Cast Correction: -0.060
Exposure correction: EV +2.0

Special Effects
Chromatic Aberration: 5

Screen Effect 1
Mask: Background
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 0
Brightness: 50
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 100
Midpoint Correction: 100
Blackpoint Correction: -5

Car Effects
Filter: None
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
Saturation: 150
Brightness: 75
Contrast: 120
Highlight: 500
Midpoint Correction: 500
Blackpoint Correction: 0

3) Place your car in the middle of the scape at a suitable angle:

View attachment 729371

4) Zoom in to 102mm (certain cars may require more or less to fit in the viewfinder) and move the camera until you're happy that the car is centred in the shot:

View attachment 729372

5) Move the focus to the nearest corner of the car (I normally centre on the headlamp closest to the centre of the image) and take your shot.

6) For a shot of the rear, go back to the Car tab and hit R2, switch to Camera and refocus (again I use the tail lamp nearest the centre) and take the shot. If the car has moved off-centre then move the viewfinder and adjust the zoom as you see fit.

For new cars/liveries simply find the scape in your library and reopen and change the car, then rinse and repeat as above.

Images, entry format and tutorial made by @BLiTZ

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr.
  • Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
  • Preview images must not exceed 640 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
  • You are required to use two ‘main’ photos, viewing the front and the back of the car. You can post one additional photo inside a spoiler.

• No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
  • It's recommended to share the original livery online(in-game) to prove it’s your work.

Deadline

July 4, 2018 (23:59, CEST/GMT+2)

@Cytoria If I may allow myself to answer that (maybe @JKcreativeworks have another idea, if so he'll correct me), I'd say Sport Mode location, it makes for the best livery you can use everywhere without issues. Sizing shouldn't matter too much I think. JK should have a better answer maybe. :)

FINAL ENTRY

James Morton, a 32 year-old British auto journalist living in Japan, decided to enter the GTPlanet Sunday Cup for a special race report for his blog. But first, he needs a car. And, he has a pretty modest budget, enough for him to purchase a car as well as a few mods and for entry into the Sunday Cup.

At some point, while he was searching for classifieds looking for deals, his phone rang, and it's an unknown number. He then answers the call, and the caller in question is a woman from Osaka, apparently in her early to mid 30s

The caller is revealed to have an R32 Skyline GT-R up for grabs, and she wanted James to get the car. Apparently, she knew James pretty well, so she could be a fan of his exploits posted on his blog. James instantly accepts the deal, and off he goes!

Once James has arrived at Osaka, the caller tells him the location of the car, which is a tuning shop that is run by herself along with a few employees.

A few hours later, James has arrived at a tuning shop named "Atelier de la Sarthe." French name aside, the shop specializes in track builds, and has a racing team that races in Gr.4 and Gr.3. James is then greeted by the presence of a silver BNR32, complete with a few sponsors (including series sponsors Cusco, Brembo, Motul, Yokohama ADVAN, and of course GTPlanet), a GTPSC number plate with the racing number 11, a registration plate of 71-53, and to top it all off, it has James's name on the side, complete with the British flag.

After glancing around the car, the woman that calls James greets him with open arms. She then introduces herself as Kaede Izumi, a professional racer and owner of the shop. She is, as James deduces, a big fan of his blog. He asks her how did she know that he's going to race in the Sunday Cup. She then answers that she simply built a car for him to race at grassroots race events. James decided that he's going to take the car for a spin in an exhibition race at Kyoto Yamagiwa, to which Kaede agrees.

At the exhibition race, he simply went from 18th to 1st in a single lap, even by the means of pushing Henri Rossignol, who is in a X-Bow, off the track, due to the KYB suspension kit and Yokohama ADVAN Neova tyres, combined with the ATTESA-ETS all wheel drive system holding the car like a glue.

After the race, he happily bought the car from her. And he is ready to take on one of the largest community grassroots events in the world, the GTPlanet Sunday Cup, hosted by none other than Jordan Greer, Andrew Evans, and @EDK of GTPlanet.

EDIT: Grab it here!
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1411218/1/4620715287530995729

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

2015. The year I bought my daily beater Mercedes Benz A180. I wasn't thinking much about racing at the time. I had my first few Autoslalom events this year, but someone seemed to like the times I set. I did okay, didn't really do it to compete, I did it for the fun.

2016. I liked competitive racing now. I had bought a few upgrades, and attended some local track days at my local track Rudskogen. I had only one sponsor so far, Gatebil. I did well, and soon I saw myself with a ticket to Japan for an event held at Tsukuba, Japan. They said I had two years to get me and my car prepared for one of the biggest events in grassroots motorsport.

2017. I had fully upgraded my car to an A45 AMG, minus a few parts in the engine bay. I had gotten a few more sponsors, and gotten my car wrapped in a matte chrome to look like a proper track day car. I attended Gatebil Extreme where I was top in my class.

2018. I received an e-mail from the event holders that had contacted me two years ago, and I finally got details about the event. The title said GTPlanet Sunday Cup. I had heard about this in the past, but I never thought I'd be in it.

I flew down and instantly got a ride to Tsukuba. My car was flown in earlier and it stood in the pits waiting for me. This was it. The moment I never thought I'd live to see.. the car was fitted with the GTP SC number board with the number 4 on it. A few more sponsors were added to fit the rules of the track day.

I began the qualifying lap, and the rest is history..

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

James Morton, a 32 year-old British auto journalist living in Japan, decided to enter the GTPlanet Sunday Cup for a special race report for his blog. But first, he needs a car. And, he has a pretty modest budget, enough for him to purchase a car as well as a few mods and for entry into the Sunday Cup.

At some point, while he was searching for classifieds looking for deals, his phone rang, and it's an unknown number. He then answers the call, and the caller in question is a woman from Osaka, apparently in her early to mid 30s

The caller is revealed to have an R32 Skyline GT-R up for grabs, and she wanted James to get the car. Apparently, she knew James pretty well, so she could be a fan of his exploits posted on his blog. James instantly accepts the deal, and off he goes!

Once James has arrived at Osaka, the caller tells him the location of the car, which is a tuning shop that is run by herself along with a few employees.

A few hours later, James has arrived at a tuning shop named "Atelier de la Sarthe." French name aside, the shop specializes in track builds, and has a racing team that races in Gr.4 and Gr.3. James is then greeted by the presence of a silver BNR32, complete with a few sponsors (including series sponsors Cusco, Brembo, Motul, Yokohama ADVAN, and of course GTPlanet), a GTPSC number plate with the racing number 11, a registration plate of 71-53, and to top it all off, it has James's name on the side, complete with the British flag.

After glancing around the car, the woman that calls James greets him with open arms. She then introduces herself as Kaede Izumi, a professional racer and owner of the shop. She is, as James deduces, a big fan of his blog. He asks her how did she know that he's going to race in the Sunday Cup. She then answers that she simply built a car for him to race at grassroots race events. James decided that he's going to take the car for a spin in an exhibition race at Kyoto Yamagiwa, to which Kaede agrees.

At the exhibition race, he simply went from 18th to 1st in a single lap, even by the means of pushing Henri Rossignol, who is in a X-Bow, off the track, due to the KYB suspension kit and Yokohama ADVAN Neova tyres, combined with the ATTESA-ETS all wheel drive system holding the car like a glue.

After the race, he happily bought the car from her. And he is ready to take on one of the largest community grassroots events in the world, the GTPlanet Sunday Cup, hosted by none other than Jordan Greer, Andrew Evans, and @EDK of GTPlanet.

EDIT: Grab it here!
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/1411218/1/4620715287530995729
I read it all, loved the story :) nice two first entries, this will be interesting!

Last edited:
The year is 2012. Me and a couple buddies are looking for a fun project. After months of searching we have come up with nothing. Then we receive a message. There is an old tale of an abandoned gem in a garage in Georgia. So we pack up for our weekend journey to Savannah. I borrow my fathers truck and my friend Luis calls in a favor for a flatbed trailer and we hit the road.

When we arrive at the address we are stunned. It isn't just a garage but an old JDM warehouse. The business closed due to a lack of interest in Japanese tuning in the mainly American muscle interested South. With rising shipping prices the company couldn't afford to stay afloat and went under in 2007. The building sat abandoned until recently when a 30-something bought the land to turn it into an interior design studio. The poor chump didn't expect the building to be stocked to the rafters with raw power.

We walk in and our jaws hits the floor. Immediately in front of us is a Toyota Supra. It had already started the transformation from street car to race vehicle with lightweight body panels, a roll age, and race seats. We immediately made an offer of $3000 and worked out a deal to take away some of the "clutter and waste" in the old warehouse. We managed to find some lightweight widebody flares and a nicer Kevlar fiber hood. We also managed to locate a bigger turbo and wastegate, performance ECU, big bore exhaust, and a race cooling system including a nice intercooler.

Once loaded up we headed for home. Luis found a nice set of rims and race tires to take to local track days. I found a man willing to trade a paint job for the old hood off the car. We got back to Orlando and immediately got to work. The motor was pulled and rebuilt by Luis while I got to install the suspension we picked up from a man who had a wrecked Supra racecar. Once the suspension was in the car went to paint and I moved to assembling the exhaust.

In a weeks time the car was together and debuting at a track day in Sebring. With Luis being more technically inclined than myself he agreed to wrench while I drove. Over the course of the event we managed to set a blistering fast lap of the event and set up for the qualifier for the Sunday Cup. The following weekend we headed back down to Sebring and squeaked in to qualify for the Sunday Cup after struggling the entire event with a new tune and weather shortening the event. All this aside we will be heading to the Cup this weekend with intentions of kicking @$$ and taking names.
FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

It's throwback thursday! @TheGeologist is the accomplished owner of Geology Autosport, and has accumulated numerous sport mode wins and recently won the IRS 2.4 hours of Le Mans in GTE Am. It didn't happen that way over night as he spent a long time down in the lower ranks before he found any success.

Here is a photo of @TheGeologist when he was just starting his racing career at Northern Isle Speedway.

Last edited:
Every bit of this car is intended to give the impression that it's an epic pile of crap. This little MR-2 is a full blown sleeper with an attitude. The stickers on the side are just there to look cool. It's nicknamed MR2enstien, his extrior is built from the parts from other dead MR-2. At least 6 cars worth of exterior bits reside on this piece of s&^%. This beast hides a full tube chassis, and is powered by....god knows what. maybe it's a J2Z, or LS,could be a RB26DETT. All we know for sure is that the sounds of force fed induction can be heard screaming out of this beast. Most people look at this little guy and laugh. By the time they know what hit them, this beast is hunting down anything it wants on the track. This beast has it all. The power to weight to hang with almost anything street legal,and an awful lot that isn't. The AWD helps grip it in the corners where the heavier cars just can't find traction. It's got a top end to rival cars with far more comma's in their price. And a quarter mile time to rival.....well.....quarter miles are overrated. You may think this car is a piece of s#$%....Keep thinking that.
FINAL ENTRY

gtp8.jpg
gtp8b.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/5660972/1/5044129518672937993 Please download the livery too.

Edit1: retook scrape with proper camera settings, no changes to the livery
edit2: Resized image to 640, no changes to the livery.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,783
Last edited:
That attitude too, I love it. :lol:

I should probably change my bonus pic since everyone is doing track pics :D

That attitude too, I love it. :lol:

I should probably change my bonus pic since everyone is doing track pics :D

If I could get by with beating the language filter on one post that would be it. That car is a bit vulgar. I’ve got to retype it’s story.

Can we alter the pics at all? I want to have one light stuck in the up position.

Can we alter the pics at all? I want to have one light stuck in the up position.
I say go for it. As long as you don’t touch up the livery itself it’s all good. :)

It would be great to have the option to place some tape decals on the headlights as this is usual caution to prevent broken bits of glass from littering the track. Had the idea to place some repair tape to my ride. While creating the decal I noticed the "beautiful" livery of @Teal. Well done mate. :cheers: Hope you don't not mind me using some tape, too...

Every bit of this car is intended to give the impression that it's an epic pile of crap. The faded paint, the mismatched hood, the nonsense stickers. all of it. I've just blown the doors off your 100K+ toy, and I'm chasing down that KTM,or,GTR, or whatever. You've just been had. I think I have a tail light out, could you check? too late, I'm half a lap passed you.

FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 745610 View attachment 745611

This is simply amazing, I've had a similar experience years ago at Monza, where a heavily tuned but crap looking Fiat Uno Turbo blew the doors off a BMW 335I worth back then 60+k euros. I love sleepers such as that! Well done :cheers:

Living in the UK I tend to think that track day cars should be cheap as chips, tiny buzzy boxes with not much power and a huge pointless wing slapped on the back. Unfortunately there isn't a Vauxhall Corsa or Ford Fiesta in the game, so I think this fits the bill. Obviously the paint is way too expensive, but I like sparkly things so no vinyl wrap on this one.

Living in the UK I tend to think that track day cars should be cheap as chips, tiny buzzy boxes with not much power and a huge pointless wing slapped on the back. Unfortunately there isn't a Vauxhall Corsa or Ford Fiesta in the game, so I think this fits the bill. Obviously the paint is way too expensive, but I like sparkly things so no vinyl wrap on this one.
I think this one balances on a thin line whether it’s allowed or not - sure it’s a N class car on paper, but is it really?

@JKcreativeworks what’s your thoughts on this? It is not a typical street car, should it be allowed?

I think this one balances on a thin line whether it’s allowed or not - sure it’s a N class car on paper, but is it really?

@JKcreativeworks what’s your thoughts on this? It is not a typical street car, should it be allowed?

With all due respect, does it matter whether it's a "typical street car"? The only requirement in the OP is that it is a N class car. Technically you could enter a N1000 with Sunday Cup vibes, and be compliant with all the rules.

FINAL ENTRY

In truth this is a bog standard stock Mazda RX-7 except for the wheels. Yes it has sponsor decals down the doors but there's actually not one part from any of those companies fitted on this car. It also has RE-Amemiya decals on the sides, rear, bonnet and spoiler but on closer inspection it's clear that the tuning house hasn't put one minute of work into this car. Speaking of the bonnet and spoiler which look like carbon from a distance along with the side mirrors, the truth is it's actually a vinyl wrap that just looks like carbon fibre. A proper "track day car."

Last edited:
With all due respect, does it matter whether it's a "typical street car"? The only requirement in the OP is that it is a N class car. Technically you could enter a N1000 with Sunday Cup vibes, and be compliant with all the rules.
Sure sure but the S-FR RC is in all fairness a race car, oddly put in the N category. I don’t mind it, I just want things clarified :)

Sure sure but the S-FR RC is in all fairness a race car, oddly put in the N category. I don’t mind it, I just want things clarified :)

I agree with the clarification.

I'm a little surprised the entries have not been limited to cars that are actual compliant to the Sunday Cup. I almost painted up my Charger, but then I realized it wouldn't have made sense :lol:

I think that car can race in the Sunday Cup without detuning it FWIW.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back