The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 08 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 157 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY

I decided to try and do a very clean and simple livery. Based on a classic Le Mans livery this car is used both on the track and on the road.
I wanted to pick a fairly normal car that someone could realistically buy and then slightly modify to use both on the track and then also on the road. I've included no sponsors because it's a weekend track car but then a normal road car, so having sponsors wouldn't make sense or be realistic. However, as a British car with a British plate, I had to have the standard boy racer Nurburgring sicker on the back!

Like I said, simple livery/decal(s) but I wanted something that looked realistic, while also referencing a proper race livery.
As this is a boy racers car, I had to include a picture of it spinning/crashing out :lol:

hGxdH4h.jpg

6fpsncX.jpg

75RQroM.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

Sunday Cup Track Day Theme

Again a nice theme and like so many rounds before,a first one for me. :)
This week is a challenging theme because at first it seems very easy to do but working on a track day livery is mostly an art of leaving things away.
Do not know for sure if I have succeeded enough in the assignment for this week though :D
But...... the car passed the jury for this Ring track day and raced his first Sunday Cup.... :cheers:

Audi TTs Coupe '14 "Ring Meister"

20180623185046a.jpg

20180623185033a.jpg

The Audi TTs, chased by a Toyota Supra '88 :cool:

20180623191240b.jpg

FINAL ENTRY

Sunday Cup Track Day Theme

Again a nice theme and like so many rounds before,a first one for me. :)
This week is a challenging theme because at first it seems very easy to do but working on a track day livery is mostly an art of leaving things away.
Do not know for sure if I have succeeded enough in the assignment for this week though :D
But...... the car passed the jury for this Ring track day and raced his first Sunday Cup.... :cheers:

Audi TTs Coupe '14 "Ring Meister"

View attachment 745960

View attachment 745961

The Audi TTs, chased by a Toyota Supra '88 :cool:

View attachment 745962

Livery Link:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/2378753/1/6197055421527654929
The towing latch! I didn't think about doing a fake one, I desperately need to add it to the MiTo, it's the ultimate trend over here on MiTos, Abarths and Giuliettas, that alone is worth 50hp at least :lol::lol:

A great work indeed! Love this TT :cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

I'm usually not that creative with livery designing, but I figured it was time to give these competitions a go. So, being a track day theme, what better car to paint then a Focus ST? A typical track day car, it has a few battle scars from run-ins on track, and that beautiful road grime.

Link.​

FINAL ENTRY

So, this is my entry for this round.
As I see, there is already a huge competition and still a week and half till deadline!
:eek::drool::scared:

I used Swift since I used to own one (not the sport model though) and there was a series of races organised nearby, AutoSlalom. I used to attend these regularly, and it was really a big fun, to compete with others.

Few words to the design:
I still feel that it is not finished, yet adding anything else makes me feel like it would be exaggerative.
Number plates are the ones I had (EU version, not JP)
Race number 13 on the right is flipped as some of the cyclists do this in profi peloton (to avoid bad luck(13 is my fav number though))
Well, not much to say about this random piece. ^^

Edit: Almost forgot - better look at the livery in shared liveries, search for tag lec008
This could be a good idea to share liveries with this tag(number of round to change regularly)

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

The start of the 2018 FIA-Gran Turismo Manufacturers Championship recently saw ECRacing load up their GT-R GT3 and make the long trip to Japan to compete in the first round at Suzuka. On arrival the car was collected from the docks and immediately transported over to NISMO HQ for race preparation. Whilst the team set about working on the car, I took the opportunity to have a wander round the workshop and take a look at some of the other cars filling the service bays.

I soon got chatting to one of the English-speaking NISMO technicians who'd recognised me as one of the factory drivers. After talking about the upcoming race, we got talking about the car he was working on, an immaculate white BCNR33 GT-R. He explained the owner had brought it in for some chassis upgrades ahead of the weekend where he was entered into the Sunday Cup, an amateur racing series popular in Japan.

I soon gathered that the car had an interesting history. It had started out as a '96 Tommy Kaira R, but a substantial accident at Fuji Speedway saw it moved into storage where the owner, unable to afford the repairs, stripped it of most of the original parts. When the current owner acquired the car around 15 years later only the shell and gearbox remained. The damage was less severe than originally thought and the car was promptly restored and put back on the road. The missing Tommy Kaira aero kit was replaced wit a mixture of OEM and lightweight composite panels and the exterior completed with a set of TE37 SL wheels. The current engine is in standard tune however the owner has plans for a built 2.8 motor and a sequential box once he's got a few more races under his belt.

As the day drew to a close, the NISMO technician I'd been speaking with earlier, came back over to introduce me to the owner of the white BCNR33 who'd just arrived to collect the car. As a die-hard Nissan fan, he was over the moon to meet one of the factory drivers and with the technician doing his best to interpret the conversation, I soon found myself with an invite to take the guy's car for a spin in the Sunday Cup.

EDIT: In the process of making a street version of this car I was able to successfully mask the rear light clusters so I decided to revisit my entry and make a few changes. These include a carbon bonnet, changing the tape on the number boards and adding some parcel tape to the registration plate to hide the numbers from prying eyes whilst out on track.

Download the livery Here

Last edited:
Talk about an explosion of entries, I think the front page blogpost worked wonders :D

ROOM CLOSED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST...

If you mean the lobby we talked about yesterday? No I’m still interested but I was asleep :lol: I’m awake and ready now, though.

Talk about an explosion of entries, I think the front page blogpost worked wonders :D

If you mean the lobby we talked about yesterday? No I’m still interested but I was asleep :lol: I’m awake and ready now, though.
Maybe we can reschedule to sometime in a few days? (Today is the French GP main race, plus there's also a World Cup Group Elimination between England and Panama at 19:00 UTC+7, although I could set it up again if I can)

How long will it be open. I work for the next 5hrs but would love to join in if still up.
I’m sure a room will be up then too. If not the same then a new one. The more the merrier. Great fun so far.

Howdy! GTPlanet Sunday Cup room is on right now!

Room Name: GTPlanet Sunday Cup
Room id: 0474-5866-9521-9711-2900
I'll be making a dedicated thread for the sunday cup after this!

FINAL ENTRY

"It started as a gendarmerie car. Yes, the military side on french police, I'm not joking ! Then this kid bought it dirt cheap because everyone is afraid to buy cars from them... He wanted to turn it into a rally car, so he started fitting some parts before realizing the sport would be too expensive for him. And yeah, nobody wanted to insure it for road use to a kid who just got his license.
So yeah, this was a great deal. You wouldn't expect an ex-police car to be in such a good shape with all the kilometers it has, but they maintain them really well. Plus it already had FIA approved seats, harness and roll cage, some nice Öhlins suspension, which is still nice on the road. That was the perfect base for a track day car, especially since I got two sets of wheels with it, so I can have semi-slick on the OZs and regular tyres on the OEM ones.
Only thing I was worried about was the turbo, it was still original and I wanted to remap it, so I changed it. I also put a Forge dump valve and intercooler, a BMC air filter and a Milltek turbo-back exhaust. This allowed me to go up to 320hp. The brakes ? The stock Brembos are amazing, you really just have to change the brake pads and use RBF600 fluid and you're good for track.
How I ended up here ? Well, a friend living in Alsace told me they were going to set up a race on local roads and suggested I should try to qualify for it, so here I am."

FINAL ENTRY

I kind of misread the "trackday" part and thought this was for a grassroots level race series. I've decided to go with it anyway as I enjoyed making it.

What we have here is a well-used RX7. It has about 4 different shades of red on it as the bits are of different ages due to damage repairs and replacements. The door mirrors pretty much need replaced after every race, so the colour of the donor car gets carried over, and they haven't matched for about 4 years. And don't get me started on the rust...

Bob's Skip hire has stuck with me through thick and thin and if I ever make the big time, his sticker will still be on the car. I'm not sure about Excel yet as how good can 15 quid tyres be, but I'm happy to take their money (and the free tyres although they are a bit 🤬 .)

GTPlanet Livery Competition 8
by David Anderson, on Flickr

GTPlanet Livery Competition 8
by David Anderson, on Flickr

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gts...lery/all/livery/1567832/1/4836967223728833545

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back