The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 08 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 157 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is my first time entering these kind of competitions. I know I am not near as talented as half of you guys are but I figure the more I see on here the more creative I will become and thus becoming more competitive. This is just a simple track car with a widebody kit. Something a guy could throw together with his buddies in a weekend and then hit the track the following Sunday. With the addition of a couple "ricer" decals for fun and the car was ready for race day.
FINAL ENTRY

Every bit of this car is intended to give the impression that it's an epic pile of crap. The faded paint, the mismatched hood, the nonsense stickers. all of it. I've just blown the doors off your 100K+ toy, and I'm chasing down that KTM,or,GTR, or whatever. You've just been had. I think I have a tail light out, could you check? too late, I'm half a lap passed you.

FINAL ENTRY

View attachment 745610 View attachment 745611

Aren't these entries using the wrong photo settings?? They would look so much nicer if they used the settings in the OP :P:tup:

As long as it is an N car, personally I'm fine with it, I take it it is an Homologation model or something? Anyway good in my book, just go easy on the liveries. That is a thing I'm rather concerned about. :)

Aren't these entries using the wrong photo settings?? They would look so much nicer if they used the settings in the OP :P:tup:

Yes, I've noticed a few people seem to be bothering to change the settings correctly meaning the images often come out dark. It doesn't take long to do and once you set the image up once you can re-use it for subsequent entries.

Not sure if it's my computer but I can't see your images.

As long as it is an N car, personally I'm fine with it, I take it it is an Homologation model or something? Anyway good in my book, just go easy on the liveries. That is a thing I'm rather concerned about. :)

I'm glad to mention that, track day cars to me do not have even close to a livery most of the time, the odd sponsor and perhaps a graphic or stripe but mainly they look stock or slightly modified in some guys garage :D. In the UK most of the track day's I've been to have very little if anything at all in terms of a livery and are often individuals or small groups of people doing a bit of 'boy racer' modding.

I'm glad to mention that, track day cars to me do not have even close to a livery most of the time, the odd sponsor and perhaps a graphic or stripe but mainly they look stock or slightly modified in some guys garage :D. In the UK most of the track day's I've been to have very little if anything at all in terms of a livery and are often individuals or small groups of people doing a bit of 'boy racer' modding.

That is exactly what my intention was for this contest!

Such a pity, that there are no extra options for the car, like tape over the headlights or towhooks, or maybe a splitter. Because stuff like that are (sometimes) neccesary for trackdays.

I know these two don't fit the requirements because of the specific number plate decal you want to use but here's what my idea of my real world track day car would look like. Logitech to represent my G29, Turtle Beach for my PX22s, and GTPlanet because GTPlanet. SNAIL because well, you know me :) The BRZ has ButtKicker and GranStand because they are affiliated with SNAIL but for the newer one I only used what I personally own.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/1411831/1/4909587776713819649

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/livery/1411831/1/4612320508134851585

Last edited:
I know these two don't fit the requirements because of the specific number plate decal you want to use but here's what my idea of my real world track day car would look like. Logitech to represent my G29, Turtle Beach for my PX22s, and GTPlanet because GTPlanet. SNAIL because well, you know me :) The BRZ has ButtKicker and GranStand because they are affiliated with SNAIL but for the newer one I only used what I personally own.

4612320508134851585_23.jpg
4909587776713819649_23.jpg
Remember you shouldn't post anything else but your final entry ;)

@DesertPenguin Not to sound rude, then I'd suggest you link them instead, having more images than final entries might make it confusing when compiling the list of entries for the poll :)

Last edited:
Nice @Akwaaba but remember what I said earlier though, final entries only :) if that is it but you need to tweak it, better to add it as your final entry and change it later as you can change your entry once. :)

Nice @Akwaaba but remember what I said earlier though, final entries only :) if that is it but you need to tweak it, better to add it as your final entry and change it later as you can change your entry once. :)

Sorry missed that - it has been a while since I have had the opportunity to join in with the livery competition.

FINAL ENTRY
Having seen a lot of very cool ideas up until now (beater sleeper, properly done trackday beast, etc), I decided to try and do something different, and for that I took inspiration from a country I deeply love no matter what: my very own Italy. Specifically, I focused on what you usually see around the streets, but mostly at car meetings and forums: the italian hatchback owners. To be even more specific, I focused on one kind of those people: the average 18-to-22-year-old Alfa MiTo owner. The car, a proper track weapon that fears nothing, features:

- 150€ chip tuning, done by a member of a forum who's definetly qualified, from 155 hp to 181 hp;
- Huge, custom-made exhaust that will at least blow the ears of the driver, if not the doors off any car. Known to the jealous neighbours as the fart-can;
- Rosso Alfa paint, because that's the only color every Alfa should be in;
- Huge side Alfa Romeo sticker: don't let anyone tell you that you're driving a Fiat Punto!
- Rear Piemuntring sticker: it may look like a Nurburgring one, but try and look closer...
- A sticker of Calvin peeing on the arch-nemesis of every italian hatchback: the Golf GTI;
- Radioactive sticker on the fuel cap: look out, this s**t is hot!
- Asymmetric GT stripe: +50 hp;
- OZ Wave rims, because the 147 GTA ones don't fit on the MiTo so these are the closest;
- Team Italian Style plate: represent! Fun fact: there is no Team Italian Style whatsoever;
- Nos sticker: +50 hp;
- Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio side stickers. Show everyone that this beast has the Cuore Sportivo!
- Supersprint sticker, because every exhaust is a Supersprint;
- Sparco sticker, every proper track beast needs a Sparco sticker;
- OZ sticker: it was together with the rims, so why not.

I'd need a red Sabelt towing latch hanging off the front bumper for this to be properly complete, unfortunately I can't have one.

I'm not really sure I will share this, I don't want to draw the wrath of anyone :lol: it is of course an over exaggeration, but then again, not so far from the truth in certain cases...it was fun making this, hope you people like it!

Last edited:
I was, like you already suggested in your article about to suggest doing an online lobby too, for these cars. For a few races and a photoshoot, if anyone is interested. :)
How about doing it in Sunday, like the namesake, at around 09:00 GMT+7 to like 17:00 GMT+7?

Thanks guys, it’s a big moment for us all, and I’m mighty proud and thankful that @Jordan allows me to write these announcements myself. This way I can continue to serve the community without always nagging the senior staff when I need something :D

I was, like you already suggested in your article about to suggest doing an online lobby too, for these cars. For a few races and a photoshoot, if anyone is interested. :)

How about doing it in Sunday, like the namesake, at around 09:00 GMT+7 to like 17:00 GMT+7?
Let’s do it! :D

I‘m in for a sunday cup :cheers: as long as it‘s not at 6pm utc as I‘m involved in another series then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back