The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 58 (Group 5) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 203 comments
FINAL ENTRY
inspired by the 1976 Gösser Beer BMW 3.5 CSL driven by Ronnie Peterson and Gunnar Nilsson, the viking drivers
So here is my take on the group 5 madness. It's inspired by the 1976 Gösser Beer BMW 3.5 CSL. I found the color combination between the M-Lines and the Gösser-Green rather bold. Working on it, I am really starting to like and love it. The design is simple, just how these badboys where designed back then. A little annoyance was the tire writings, which should have been from goodyear, but they only come in yellow, and it ruins everything. Therefore, it had to be Falken, so I lose a point for accuracy. Hope you like it anyway.

Last edited:
So here is my take on the group 5 madness. It's inspired by the 1976 Gösser Beer BMW 3.5 CSL. I found the color combination between the M-Lines and the Gösser-Green rather bold. Working on it, I am really starting to like and love it. The design is simple, just how these badboys where designed back then. A little annoyance was the tire writings, which should have been from goodyear, but they only come in yellow, and it ruins everything. Therefore, it had to be Falken, so I lose a point for accuracy. Hope you like it anyway.

I NEED a link for this :drool::drool:. Right now.

A little annoyance was the tire writings, which should have been from goodyear, but they only come in yellow, and it ruins everything. Therefore, it had to be Falken, so I lose a point for accuracy. Hope you like it anyway.
I have the opposite issue. My car runs « discrete » tires, but I wish I could use the bold yellow Dunlop or Goodyear ^^

I have the opposite issue. My car runs « discrete » tires, but I wish I could use the bold yellow Dunlop or Goodyear ^^

Well, I'd just change the color of the logo because I have no shame :gtpflag:.

Thanks! It's like you said, it's bold and unusual nowadays.

I'm finding lots and lots of great liveries from that era to modernize or plainly replicate on modern GT3 machinery.

Great theme @GTRacer22

FINAL ENTRY

Schnitzer Supra Turbo

View media item 64564View media item 64565
Enjoy!​

So here is my take on the 1977 Schnitzer Toyota Celica LB Turbo. Not the most successful side project from Schnitzer in the DRM. Thought it might fit well on the new GR Supra, given the company has recently started offering tuning for the chassis.

Schnitzer Celica Turbo.JPG

Last edited:

Is this an actual group 5 car?
As this is the only photo I can't find any other photos of it.

A bit of googling says that's the Porsche 935 JLP-2, as it ran at Le Mans in 1980. Either searching the car or JLP Racing should net you some more pictures. I don't know much about this one but the car that followed it, the JLP-3, won the Daytona 24 H, Sebring 12 H, and IMSA GT Championship in 1982.

A bit of googling says that's the Porsche 935 JLP-2, as it ran at Le Mans in 1980. Either searching the car or JLP Racing should net you some more pictures. I don't know much about this one but the car that followed it, the JLP-3, won the Daytona 24 H, Sebring 12 H, and IMSA GT Championship in 1982.

Yeah 935 JLP-1 won the Trans-Am title in 1979, was a single turbo "Factory car". JLP-2 was the above, was a standard IMSA spec 935 K3, ran at Le Mans etc. 935 JLP-3, is said to be the most successful 935 chassis ever built. This is the car that Zak Brown currently owns & runs. JLP-4 is the FabCar tube chassis monstrosity that was in the Miller High Life Livery. Doesn't look very much like a Porsche at all.

FINAL ENTRY

Hi... Nice try, but your car is not finished. In the appendix 5 SVG's for a better look and other pictures of the Porsche. the font of the lettering is not 100%. you can make the BP logos yourself. Regards Timebandit67

Link for more Fotos: http://lemans.sqwib.org/voiture.php?annee=1980&numero=73

Attachments

• John-Paul-Racing-racenumber.svg
    1 KB · Views: 11
  • Guy-Edwards-Lettering.svg
    4.3 KB · Views: 10
  • John-Paul-Racing-side.svg
    3.6 KB · Views: 11
  • John-Paul-Racing-wing.svg
    7.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Newsweek-Logo.svg
    4.5 KB · Views: 9
FINAL ENTRY

Found that unique baby-blue “Fruit of the Loom” livery of Hans Heyer’s 1980 Lancia Beta Montecarlo Turbo Gr.5 and recreated it to match the Ferrari Italia Gr.3. Because Lancia, Fiat, Abarth and Ferrari used to be family at that time.

“The Beta Montecarlo Turbo Group 5 was Lancia’s answer to the Porsche 935. With a 1.4L Turbo engine producing 470 bhp in the later seasons. Despite the 935 having 800 bhp, the Lancia went on to beat the 935 on numerous occasions in 1980 like the 1-2 finishes at Brands Hatch, Mugello and Watkins Glen. Abarth developed a larger engine for the 1981 season to chase down the much more powerful Porsches. The new engine was upgraded to a 1.7l which was twin turbocharged to 520 bhp. Unfortunately this version was never fully developed as Lancia’s focus shifted towards the new Group C-regulations that would come into force in 1982. Lancia went on to win the 1979 World Championship for Makes (under 2-litre class), overall for 1980 World Championship for Makes and 1981 World Endurance Championship for Makes. This dominating fashion has made the Beta Montecarlo Turbo Group 5 one of the greatest Lancia racing cars.”
Quote:
http://www.lancianews.com/site/archiv/2017/lancia-beta-montecarlo-turbo-dtm-1980-und-1981/

Original photo:
https://www.racingsportscars.com/photo/1980/Zolder-1980-08-24-051.jpg

Last edited:
Found that unique baby-blue “Fruit of the Loom” livery of Hans Heyer’s 1980 Lancia Beta Montecarlo Turbo Gr.5 and recreated it to match the Ferrari Italia Gr.3.

“The Beta Montecarlo Turbo Group 5 was Lancia’s answer to the Porsche 935. With a 1.4L Turbo engine producing 470 bhp in the later seasons. Despite the 935 having 800 bhp, the Lancia went on to beat the 935 on numerous occasions in 1980 like the 1-2 finishes at Brands Hatch, Mugello and Watkins Glen. Abarth developed a larger engine for the 1981 season to chase down the much more powerful Porsches. The new engine was upgraded to a 1.7l which was twin turbocharged to 520 bhp. Unfortunately this version was never fully developed as Lancia’s focus shifted towards the new Group C-regulations that would come into force in 1982. Lancia went on to win the 1979 World Championship for Makes (under 2-litre class), overall for 1980 World Championship for Makes and 1981 World Endurance Championship for Makes. This dominating fashion has made the Beta Montecarlo Turbo Group 5 one of the greatest Lancia racing cars.”
Quote:
http://www.lancianews.com/site/archiv/2017/lancia-beta-montecarlo-turbo-dtm-1980-und-1981/

Original photo:

Was waiting for someone to do this. Link please :cheers:

@Adam Barber At first I had also the xanavi GTR as a base car for my Gösser-BMW-Livery. Didn't care for the brand mashup. The Xanavi GTR looks meaty like a group 5 car. But I just couldn't manage the lines on that car. Somehow it looked wierd. Well, maybe next time.

I also made these bad boys:

My dude. That Mac :bowdown:

Last edited:
Found that unique baby-blue “Fruit of the Loom” livery of Hans Heyer’s 1980 Lancia Beta Montecarlo Turbo Gr.5 and recreated it to match the Ferrari Italia Gr.3.

Quote:

Original photo:

The turbo lag on that 1.4 must have been something, heard that 935 had horrible turbo lag aswell

Back