The GT5 Matrix - Complete Guide with Credits/XP Spec 2 ver 3.5

• Thread starter garbuckle
  • 467 comments
Um... do you have anything relevant to add? Sorry, but I'd like to keep this thread on topic. I'd hate for it to be shut down due to these kinds of posts, especially after putting a lot of hard work into it.

Easy fella. "these kinds of posts" are just a little humor to break up the day. No harm intented.

I PM'd garbuckle a while back about adding some missing car info. He said to post it up here once I had finished so I have attached a copy of The Matrix with an extra tab in it that is 'my' car list. I have kept it in a similar format to garbuckle's but all of the data is from a different source, mostly from MyGranTurismo.net. I put a lot of work into reformatting the data and also adding the prize car events into the Car List as I found this to be something I needed when looking to buy cars. I filled in a lot of gaps that were in the original data with that from garbuckle's list and this list contains used car prices, which although will vary slightly is still pretty useful. So I believe this is now the most complete set of performance data for GT5 cars anywhere on the web. It is a combination of a lot of hard work, mostly by others. I added autofilters to the columns so you can sort the data by any criteria, such as ascending order of power/weight ratio or to only show FR drive cars.

It's formatted to print on 8 A4 pages, then you can just tick them off as you acquire the cars.

Attachments

• The GT5 Matrix Edited Car List.xls.zip
    281.2 KB · Views: 95
Great spreadsheet! Do you need to modify the formulas for XP & Credit per minute to account for the number of laps in the race?

No, the XP/Credit per minute is based off the total time of the race (the number of laps are fixed, so only the total time is relevant). It is possible to get a XP/Credit per lap, but I don't see how beneficial that info would be, unless the events were to change.

I PM'd garbuckle a while back about adding some missing car info. He said to post it up here once I had finished so I have attached a copy of The Matrix with an extra tab in it that is 'my' car list. I have kept it in a similar format to garbuckle's but all of the data is from a different source, mostly from MyGranTurismo.net. I put a lot of work into reformatting the data and also adding the prize car events into the Car List as I found this to be something I needed when looking to buy cars. I filled in a lot of gaps that were in the original data with that from garbuckle's list and this list contains used car prices, which although will vary slightly is still pretty useful. So I believe this is now the most complete set of performance data for GT5 cars anywhere on the web. It is a combination of a lot of hard work, mostly by others. I added autofilters to the columns so you can sort the data by any criteria, such as ascending order of power/weight ratio or to only show FR drive cars.

It's formatted to print on 8 A4 pages, then you can just tick them off as you acquire the cars.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see what you did (I'm at work at the moment). Is this something I can add to my file (with proper credit, of course)?

I understand if you want to keep it separate, though. You put a lot of work into it :)

Of course you can include it in your file, I started off by editing your car list but the cars were listed in a slightly different order due to some manufacturers names being in the model name, so I ended up pasting in my data and arranging it in a similar format to yours. Then I filled in the blanks I had with data from yours so by the time I was done there were very few boxes not filled in. Lastly, I used the info in your matrix (first tab) to put the Prize Car Events in for the prize cars.

Feel free to use it as you wish, I am glad to make a contribution to all of the excellent work already done.

Just THANKS garbuckle, tomorrow I'll print it in colour on DIN A4 to store it with my other GT books.

An amazing work. Thanks to you and thanks also to Famine, AMG, Genesisfury and Siufu for the collaborations 👍

Yes. First, "pls" is textspeak and not permitted on this site. Second "Excel" is a proper noun and requires a capital letter - as does "Any", since it starts a sentence - as the site rules instruct.

Lastly, try downloading the file with a different browser - I'd guess you're using Internet Explorer, so try Firefox (free), Chrome (free) or Opera (free) - and you'll see more success.

I sense english teachers amongst us :dopey:

Great Matrix 👍

Could be that it have escaped me but is there a list of DLC cars and how to get them somewhere on the forum?

In addition to the stealth cars you got with preorder, collectors and SE there are a few others only obtainable through other sources like the XJ13 Chrome via facebook as one example ...

I've tried searching the forum but came out empty ...

After I downloaded the .zip file for Excel (using IE 8), I couldn't open it or extract the file.

I did however, go the the Google document and use the extra menu to Save As (scarica come - is that save as? EDIT quick Google translate says it is actually Download As) an Excel document on my computer. Now I have it. All is well here.

Varegg: My list has a column that indicates DLC cars. You should be able to use this to determine where they came from (i.e. chromeline are from special editions, stealth are from pre-orders).

Madjack: There is a known issue with IE. It's best to use Firefox or some other browser. Also note that the google document posted by baio is out of date (unless of course, he updated his link).

Updated to Version 3.0!

Now includes a nearly complete car list, with all details you could ever possibly wish for! I've even added a summary page to see how many cars there are, and how many you own (assuming you use the sheet to check off your cars).

Edit: Links added to the new Excel file, a new PDF file, and now a new Google Docs file, for those with IE and problems downloading.

Last edited:
Varegg: My list has a column that indicates DLC cars. You should be able to use this to determine where they came from (i.e. chromeline are from special editions, stealth are from pre-orders).

I know the DLC are marked in the list but a nice addition would be to list just DLC and how to get it in an own spreadsheet ... just an idea to further improve a already great tool ;)

After some additional searching I found only info scattered around the forum about the Chromeline facebook XJ13 and the preorder (US only) Nascar ...

That google docs are a great addition, very nice work 👍

Last edited:
I've gone through and filled some more holes in the car list. I now only need info for 3 cars to have it complete! If anyone has the PRICE and LEVEL for these cars, please let me know :)

- Buick Special '62
- HPA Stage II R32
- Jaguar XFR '10

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the total cost of all cars (except the 3 above) is $491 million :)

Last edited:
Its all just wonderful.

I was playing around with your new sheet and found the car page was a little hard on the eyes. So played around and found a good combo if you want to add. Just a minor thing. Also, I added a car setup page with hyperlinks for each car. I have only added two links so far and wondered if you would take a look and see if its worth the effort? If you click the first two cars on your car page it takes you to the setup for that car (you have to add the settings). And if you click the car setup it will take you back to the cars.

If you think its worth it I can carry on or drop the idea. I need to convert the sheet to a newer version of excel as thats much faster adding links.

Cool stuff

If you provide a link, PapaPro, I'll have a look at what you did. I'm not sure if I want to get into links and car setups; it sounds like it may add even more complexity to an already complex sheet. I'll have to see first, before making a decision.

If you provide a link, PapaPro, I'll have a look at what you did. I'm not sure if I want to get into links and car setups; it sounds like it may add even more complexity to an already complex sheet. I'll have to see first, before making a decision.

Just tried to post the sheet but it failed. Will try and work out how to post it here. I must say its quite a cool feature. What version of excel are you using?

Back