The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
I just realized what I'm missing from this game. Am I just not very observant any more?

In Oblivion and (to a lesser degree), Skyrim, it was there.

It was there in the Forza series.

But it's not jumping out at me in GT6 (or GT5 for that matter)!

I'm talking about tessellation and other obvious repetitions or patterns. I look at the grass, and don't see patterns. The sagebrush or whatever it is at Willow Springs appears to be made up of unique bushes, not the same bush repeated over and over in recognizable groups. When I look at peeling paint on walls or barriers, I'm not noticing any repeated pattern, while in the Forzas, these artifacts are obvious.

It just feels so much more natural!

I'm talking about tessellation and other obvious repetitions or patterns. I look at the grass, and don't see patterns. The sagebrush or whatever it is at Willow Springs appears to be made up of unique bushes, not the same bush repeated over and over in recognizable groups. When I look at peeling paint on walls or barriers, I'm not noticing any repeated pattern, while in the Forzas, these artifacts are obvious.

It just feels so much more natural!
Good point, there are a lot less repeated textures in GT6 than many other games, except for the crowds at Indy :yuck:

Last edited:
The best thing about GT is that it is made for car enthusiasts and motorsport enthusiasts instead of just casual gamers like grid, forza, nfs and countless others are. It obviously has its flaws but the visuals, the driving experience and the massive amount of content make it perfect for anyone who loves cars and motorsport.

I just realized what I'm missing from this game. Am I just not very observant any more?
PD have done a lot of work on the small details, which aren't immediately apparent and so spawned the whole GT5.5 thing - now those are the people who aren't very observant, or maybe it doesn't matter to them.

True, as Samus mentioned, there are the Mulsanne trees and parts of the 'ring, but I would imagine due to the size of those tracks, an improvement there won't come until GT7. I'm basing that comment on the recent Drive Club interviews which talks of a million trees being modelled for the latest tracks in Canada.

Last edited:
Just 100% GT6, finally freedom is mine at last!! :D

Also GT6 is my very first GT game I've ever 100% in. :P
Congratulations. I still doubt I'll get the platinum myself, even if it has been easier overall - perhaps I should spend more hours driving instead of taking so many photomode shots.

Congratulations. I still doubt I'll get the platinum myself, even if it has been easier overall - perhaps I should spend more hours driving instead of taking so many photomode shots.
Oh no it wasn't the trophies, but the game itself. :) I don't really go for getting 100% for trophies at all for any game, even on Xbox. ;)

Oh no it wasn't the trophies, but the game itself. :) I don't really go for getting 100% for trophies at all for any game, even on Xbox. ;)
Ahh, well in that case I'm pretty much there myself. I have done all of the races, just missing a drift coffe-break (I think.) I actually completed all of the races in GT5, so this isn't my first. In GT4, I didn't realise you could get the B-spec driver to cover for you on the 24hr enduros...silly me.

Ahh, well in that case I'm pretty much there myself. I have done all of the races, just missing a drift coffe-break (I think.) I actually completed all of the races in GT5, so this isn't my first. In GT4, I didn't realise you could get the B-spec driver to cover for you on the 24hr enduros...silly me.
There's a drift event in coffee-break S (S events). :) I couldn't finish GT5 and GT4 because of there laps. I like how GT6 is much more easier having 24mins instead of 24h, 10h and even 2h. :D

There's a drift event in coffee-break S (S events). :) I couldn't finish GT5 and GT4 because of there laps. I like how GT6 is much more easier having 24mins instead of 24h, 10h and even 2h. :D
GT6 is the first GT game since GT2 and GT1 I manage to fully complete.

Maybe someone has already confirmed this, but remember when it was announced that the stars and such would reflect the current time of year - well, the variable time tracks also reflect the current sunrise/sunset times too.

I was running a test at Le Mans and wanted a night-time race for the photos, so I set the track to 23:00 and was surprised to see a touch of blue in the sky. At 22:00 it is still light :)

The new VW Vision GTI trailer!

so_much_win.png

VisionGTI trailer gave me many exciting feelings. Very professional, well put together, a great VW advert :D

After years of this series going backwards in terms of gameplay and quality in general, i do think we can finally afford to praise PD at last for how they handled the Senna content 👍

I really feel that for the most part the content release dates are on schedule. Don't laugh. With GT5 scheduled to go off line this week it only makes sense that GT6 content would ramp up into full swing soon after. The Mitsubishi Vision car was a nice surprise. Looks like we'll get them all after all!

Well, I just had a series of very good races online, & I think I might've just found a substitute for Shuffle racing in the process too!

I was in a room called "350-500PP! Clean! Untuned!" & it had pretty much the same vibe as Shuffle racing, except that we were choosing our own cars of course. I think I'll be running some online lobbies of that sort fairly soon. It's taken me 6 months, but I think I'm now slowly starting to get into GT6, despite it's obvious flaws.

:D

Back