The GT6 Epic Praising and Crying (tears of joy) Thread

• Thread starter VBR
  • 379 comments
Warning, epic race ahead:

I just did the 15 minutes of Nürburgring (in the IA category, I think). The regulations are 650PP and RH tyres.
I thought I'd give it a go in my stock RUF 3400S with 470PP. As I refuse to put slicks on non-racecars I used SS tyres instead.

In the lead was a McLaren F1 GTR. As he would be able to do 2 laps before the 15 minute timer was out, my primary objective was to do the same, so that I could have a third lap to try and catch him.

My first lap was 7:28.999, which is on the right side of the line but not by much. I stepped it up on the second lap as much as I safely could (the traffic didn't help) and did a second lap of 7:26.420, which means I made it to the third lap by a margin of 4.5 seconds.

With the primary objective achieved, I moved on to the secondary: to catch the F1. In the sections with a lot of corners I gained a few seconds, but on the straigts he pulled away again. It wasn't until after the carousel, in that twisty section, that I finally caught up and passed. Objective 2: completed.

Now on to objective 3: Defend the lead. Due to the rubberbanding, the AI immediately picks up the pace after they've been passed, and the F1 very much did that. Fortunately, it's a narrow track and as long as you cover the apexes it's pretty hard to overtake. On the last long straight I had to get dirty though, blocking him from overtaking. It worked fine, I made it to the last S-bends still in the lead, around the last corner I got a few meters, but the acceleration of that F1 is a lot more than my RUF could do, so he quickly closed that gap and tried to overtake on the inside, right next to the wall. With only meters from the finish line, I quickly turned right to block him, he hit me and I crossed the finish line sideways, 0.1 seconds ahead of the F1.

Best race I've had against the AI! It's probably not what the race designer had intended, but awesome it was :D

I am loving GT6, there is so much to praise, the new suspension model is fantastic and the handling feels very real but I'm more excited about the graphical touches, no more glitchy smoke/dust and the lighting which is absolutely stunning. On the GT500 championship the race on Mount Panorama starts late afternoon and the lighting is incredible.
Also loving the touched up standard cars and the new tracks.

Totally agreed with the praises on Ascari. It was sort of painful back in the S-5 license test, but afterward I like it more and more.

Now I go there everyday.
Thanks to that(S5) I leamed to appreciate both Ascari and the Veyron.... (I hated the car in GT 5)
Ascari ís a beautiful track!

Anyone had a chance to drive the Zonda c12? It's a fun car to drive, and it sound/looks amazing. I took it to Ascari and it just fit in so well with the course.

I forgot to say, more time and weather on track is a great result....we are racing Base Models at Apricot Hill in the rain tonight! should be fun :)

Was spectating in GT6 tonight, it was so nice to be able to turn off the drivers names & watch the racing. Watched a few old replays as well with the names turned off.
Looks much better now.

I truely love the fact that in photomode when you change the settings, it never changes back to how it used to be. It basically remains the same after changing to this and that to your liking. :D

Also, when making a room online and setting it to "free run" only, or joining someone elses room, your never worried about racing. Instead, you just relax and cruise with others as well your friends. I thank PD sooo much for this after the update, I love playing the game again. :)

I'm so happy about this, I'm actually starting to consider getting GT7 after this, and hope it remains excatly like this. :D

Honestly, how can people whine about this game?

I mean, yea, sure GT5 was more "complete", but they completely redid the physics engine, everything is much more fun. The graphics are amazing, car selection is great!

Why do people whine about B-Spec missing? Yes, it gave yo money, but it was soooo boring. What is the appeal in watching someone race for you?

The customization for your cars is top notch, love it.

Many people whine about the updates, but I love it! IT gives you a sense of surprise, like an old beta game. Something to look forward to when you finish. Overall, GT6 is a great game.

Doing the Ascari 10 lap race in the S-Class... watching the AI struggle in supercars with worn tires, drifting, spinning, etc while I try to keep my tires alive.

:cheers: That's why I regularly attend that event.

(Many many possiblilites including quite some FF hatches can do a wonderful job over there ;) )

Talking about old cars being premium, there is an old Firebird Trans Am which you can buy with (or without) an eagle on the hood/bonnet. It's in the color/colour choices.

A few cool things. Two (I think) of the choices are for "special editions" in black or gold. The eagle is quite different in each of these.

The next cool thing is that if you repaint the car, the colors in the eagle change according to the paint color you choose. For some paints, there are sections of the eagle graphic which are black. For others, these same sections are transparent.

With all these variants, I just had to buy a Firebird collection so I could go to Ronda with my camera and two cars. They are only 30K Cr each, so what the heck! I might just have to have ten of them.

I also like the R8 Gordini, it's so fun to drive.

That is very true! I don't know why it appeals, but I find the R8 Gordini to be truly a delight. Very nice 'Ring car.

Back in the day, I had an R10 (like an R8 with a longer nose for carrying more "stuff" in), and I did not like its tendency to lift up its rear end and threaten massive oversteer. Scared the "carp" out of me. The GT6 Gordini doesn't threaten me this way.

That is very true! I don't know why it appeals, but I find the R8 Gordini to be truly a delight. Very nice 'Ring car.

Back in the day, I had an R10 (like an R8 with a longer nose for carrying more "stuff" in), and I did not like its tendency to lift up its rear end and threaten massive oversteer. Scared the "carp" out of me. The GT6 Gordini doesn't threaten me this way.
Funny that it comes with Slicks :odd:

And it's smaller than I remember ;-)

Nürburgring Nordschleife_41.jpg

I must say that the look of the HUD when watching replays is much better in GT6. In GT5 it was very awkward & dated looking, with that big black bar along the bottom obscuring things. You could change it to a different one with a few button clicks, which I used to do everytime. Now in GT6 we don't have to do that, it just looks great. Also like the fact that we can have the track map on when viewing replays, couldn't do that in GT5.

👍

Call me crazy but I'm really starting to enjoy the rallying in GT6 (Time Trials not the horrible races).

It's still not up to par with other rallying titles but I feel it's still worth a mention that it's better than it was. I've been having loads of fun with the Audi Quattro (the Group B one not the Pikes Peak one) around Toscana. The 205 T16 is a blast as well.

Now if we could just have some off-road rally stages, point to point rather than circuits, that'd be awesome.

Talking about old cars being premium, there is an old Firebird Trans Am which you can buy with (or without) an eagle on the hood/bonnet. It's in the color/colour choices.

A few cool things. Two (I think) of the choices are for "special editions" in black or gold. The eagle is quite different in each of these.

The next cool thing is that if you repaint the car, the colors in the eagle change according to the paint color you choose. For some paints, there are sections of the eagle graphic which are black. For others, these same sections are transparent.

With all these variants, I just had to buy a Firebird collection so I could go to Ronda with my camera and two cars. They are only 30K Cr each, so what the heck! I might just have to have ten of them.

image.jpg

The eagle on the left looks wicked! I prefer the black paint job though. Shame we can't have that eagle with that paint...on the most customisable car in the game :P... I always want more :lol:.

Have you tried painting the car on the left? I suspect it will work.

Still doesn't make any sense for a 101hp car to come with racing slicks :P

Back when they were being sold by Renault, they certainly did not arrive in the dealership with racing slicks! They came with Michelin radials.

Latest Posts

Back