The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
This game's netcode is THE absolute worst pile of 🤬 I have ever encountered, especially in the last few weeks. Time after time my Super GT series has had to postpone races and we just had to flat out cancel the second round as nobody could stay connected.

PD needs to stop burying their heads into their asses and improve their server netcode immensely. These issues are just f:censored:ing unacceptable for a supposed AAA publisher and I'm getting really pissed off about it.

Get your 🤬 together PD.
It's not the worst I've come across, but it's never been good and for a while has become increasingly terrible. I don't tend to get disconnected nearly as much as I see other people, but frequently I get the loading icon constantly popping up and freezing the menus. If I'm in a tuning sheet or car list, it can take me several minutes to back out, another minute or two to load the driving options, and then a few minutes to enter the track.
Considering that, as AudiMan said, Gran Turismo is supposedly an AAA franchise, it really is among the worst.

I mean, GT6's online issues are worse than in GT5. People can't see each other, soudns cutting off, weird lag, random disconnecting... Hell, disconnecting was less random in GT5. This time around it's also extremely unstable i.e. the game likes to freeze and crash your console completely. I can't see much improvement over GT5 - PD did very little, if anything, to fix the game's online part. It's only playable because you can drive on the track...sometimes.

The thing that's bugging me - it's been two years now since GT6 came out and the online part is still tragically capricious. PD keep releasing new Seasonals, they found the time to implement random online races, to introduce new content, new functions, but not to actually fix online beyond releasing patch notes saying that online stability has improved? I understand that GT7 and GT Sport are also taking up PD's priceless time, but come ON.

Considering that, as AudiMan said, Gran Turismo is supposedly an AAA franchise, it really is among the worst.

I mean, GT6's online issues are worse than in GT5. People can't see each other, soudns cutting off, weird lag, random disconnecting... Hell, disconnecting was less random in GT5. This time around it's also extremely unstable i.e. the game likes to freeze and crash your console completely. I can't see much improvement over GT5 - PD did very little, if anything, to fix the game's online part. It's only playable because you can drive on the track...sometimes.

The thing that's bugging me - it's been two years now since GT6 came out and the online part is still tragically capricious. PD keep releasing new Seasonals, they found the time to implement random online races, to introduce new content, new functions, but not to actually fix online beyond releasing patch notes saying that online stability has improved? I understand that GT7 and GT Sport are also taking up PD's priceless time, but come ON.
I've said it before & I'll say it again.
it's a piss poor way to celebrate an anniversary of a global franchise :)

This game's netcode is THE absolute worst pile of 🤬 I have ever encountered, especially in the last few weeks. Time after time my Super GT series has had to postpone races and we just had to flat out cancel the second round as nobody could stay connected.

PD needs to stop burying their heads into their asses and improve their server netcode immensely. These issues are just :censored:ing unacceptable for a supposed AAA publisher and I'm getting really pissed off about it.

Get your 🤬 together PD.

Up until two weeks ago I have hosted a championship race meeting every Sunday late afternoon without fail for nearly five years. I was quite proud of the fact that we had never missed a meeting - even when there was a cyber attack we just held the meeting later the same day. However, for the first time ever we had to cancel a meeting on the 7th February due to network problems. We also had to cancel on the 14th February for a repeat of the same network problems - I have never known it be as bad as this.

My theory (it is purely a theory because I have no evidence and I am not an IT Wizard) is that Sony have recently decommissioned some of the PS3 servers.

The 'Pit lane cut-in bomb'.

Are you in the way of the pit entry and an AI car? Well get ready to be obliterated as the AI sails right into the side of your car, putting u out of position for the rest of the entire 🤬 race!:)

The 'Pit lane cut-in bomb'.

Are you in the way of the pit entry and an AI car? Well get ready to be obliterated as the AI sails right into the side of your car, putting u out of position for the rest of the entire 🤬 race!:)

Sounds like you just wasted half an hour of your life.

Nope, me too. Worse than usual at the current Spa seasonal.
They're aggressive now for some reason. A couple were hitting me pretty hard when I was running that Spa event in an Evoque (Braking early to make the turns).

Been playing GT2 recently. I miss the fun of GT1 and GT2 sometimes...

Hard to explain it, but from GT3 on as the physics and graphics improved, the fun was slowly being sucked out. It goes way beyond arcade physics vs sim. My friends thought GT2 was too hard when it was new.

I think it is the whole do whatever, whenever feel the old games give you. That, and never having to worry over oil changes and chassis degradation is refreshing.

Been playing GT2 recently. I miss the fun of GT1 and GT2 sometimes...

Hard to explain it, but from GT3 on as the physics and graphics improved, the fun was slowly being sucked out. It goes way beyond arcade physics vs sim.

As I struggle with tuning in GT6 to squeeze the last .005 seconds to get gold, or play dodge-em with the AI, or buy a million credit car to find its garbage, or get forced to run a 500hp car on comfort tires, I miss the fun of GT2. Despite a lot of the postive comments, I do not like the physics model in GT6.

Last edited:
I will be back on GT6 soon enough. I keep breaking controllers lately. I just get too into it I guess. GT2 is more forgiving on a past its prime DS3 for sure lol.

I was sad when tuning, especially gear tuning took a step back in GT2. GT1 has the most intuitive gear tuning menu of any GT game. It was fun just to see your ratios and speed for gears, with the dyno graph right there so you could optimize effortlessly. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is the AI always trying to PIT Maneuver me?

The 24 minutes of Le Mans drove me insane. I think it took me 6 attempts to finish the race because the AI rammed me off-track at Indianapolis each time I was on the last lap (and in 1st place).
I realise there's a need to make the game challenging, but it doesn't have to be mindlessly infuriating.

How is that relevant to anything in this thread?
What???
Did you read it? It was not a positive comparison. It matters since he was whining and if GT Sport doesnt change in later builds then that is the possible lowrate review.

What???
Did you read it? It was not a positive comparison. It matters since he was whining and if GT Sport doesnt change in later builds then that is the possible lowrate review.

And what does it have to do with GT6?

What???
Shouldn't that be on the GTSport Epic Crying and Whining thread?

Latest Posts

Back