The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by HaylRayzor, May 15, 2013.

1. Madertus

Madertus

Considering that, as AudiMan said, Gran Turismo is supposedly an AAA franchise, it really is among the worst.

I mean, GT6's online issues are worse than in GT5. People can't see each other, soudns cutting off, weird lag, random disconnecting... Hell, disconnecting was less random in GT5. This time around it's also extremely unstable i.e. the game likes to freeze and crash your console completely. I can't see much improvement over GT5 - PD did very little, if anything, to fix the game's online part. It's only playable because you can drive on the track...sometimes.

The thing that's bugging me - it's been two years now since GT6 came out and the online part is still tragically capricious. PD keep releasing new Seasonals, they found the time to implement random online races, to introduce new content, new functions, but not to actually fix online beyond releasing patch notes saying that online stability has improved? I understand that GT7 and GT Sport are also taking up PD's priceless time, but come ON.

2. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

I've said it before & I'll say it again.
    it's a piss poor way to celebrate an anniversary of a global franchise :)

Jimmy_DA and Madertus like this.
  3. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

Up until two weeks ago I have hosted a championship race meeting every Sunday late afternoon without fail for nearly five years. I was quite proud of the fact that we had never missed a meeting - even when there was a cyber attack we just held the meeting later the same day. However, for the first time ever we had to cancel a meeting on the 7th February due to network problems. We also had to cancel on the 14th February for a repeat of the same network problems - I have never known it be as bad as this.

My theory (it is purely a theory because I have no evidence and I am not an IT Wizard) is that Sony have recently decommissioned some of the PS3 servers.

KinLM and tarnheld like this.
  4. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Driving a GTR LM NISMO. Its a bearable 60FPS and all. And then i switch to the cockpit view....

It FPS lags. JUST WHY?!

Aggserp4 likes this.
  5. Aggserp4

Aggserp4

QM needs fixing. Either that, or they should rename the ''ramming penalty'' to ''getting rammed penalty''

JKgo likes this.
  6. Aggserp4

Aggserp4

It's even worse when you have a windows tablet. Trust me.

7. Akenzo2

Akenzo2

The 'Pit lane cut-in bomb'.

Are you in the way of the pit entry and an AI car? Well get ready to be obliterated as the AI sails right into the side of your car, putting u out of position for the rest of the entire :censored: race!:)

Aggserp4 likes this.
  8. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

Sounds like you just wasted half an hour of your life.

9. Aggserp4

Aggserp4

Is it just me, or is the AI always trying to PIT Maneuver me?

10. Draggon

Draggon

Nope, me too. Worse than usual at the current Spa seasonal.

11. Obelisk

Obelisk Premium

They're aggressive now for some reason. A couple were hitting me pretty hard when I was running that Spa event in an Evoque (Braking early to make the turns).

12. Akenzo2

Akenzo2

Haha that I did.

That damn LFA on last corner at spa trying to out break me with its amazing aim. I was kind enough to be receiving penalties on his behalf

crisisassix and ImmalovemaGTR like this.
  13. LM7325

LM7325

Been playing GT2 recently. I miss the fun of GT1 and GT2 sometimes...

Hard to explain it, but from GT3 on as the physics and graphics improved, the fun was slowly being sucked out. It goes way beyond arcade physics vs sim. My friends thought GT2 was too hard when it was new.

I think it is the whole do whatever, whenever feel the old games give you. That, and never having to worry over oil changes and chassis degradation is refreshing.

14. Draggon

Draggon

As I struggle with tuning in GT6 to squeeze the last .005 seconds to get gold, or play dodge-em with the AI, or buy a million credit car to find its garbage, or get forced to run a 500hp car on comfort tires, I miss the fun of GT2. Despite a lot of the postive comments, I do not like the physics model in GT6.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Uenoclinicgtr and LM7325 like this.
  15. LM7325

LM7325

I will be back on GT6 soon enough. I keep breaking controllers lately. I just get too into it I guess. GT2 is more forgiving on a past its prime DS3 for sure lol.

I was sad when tuning, especially gear tuning took a step back in GT2. GT1 has the most intuitive gear tuning menu of any GT game. It was fun just to see your ratios and speed for gears, with the dyno graph right there so you could optimize effortlessly. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  16. VBR

VBR Premium

I have nothing left...I am spent...I am all whined out...

:indiff:

Tired Tyres likes this.
  17. RikkiGT-R

RikkiGT-R Premium

The 24 minutes of Le Mans drove me insane. I think it took me 6 attempts to finish the race because the AI rammed me off-track at Indianapolis each time I was on the last lap (and in 1st place).
    I realise there's a need to make the game challenging, but it doesn't have to be mindlessly infuriating.

18. Mulan

Mulan

19. eran0004

eran0004

20. Mulan

Mulan

What???
    Did you read it? It was not a positive comparison. It matters since he was whining and if GT Sport doesnt change in later builds then that is the possible lowrate review.

21. eran0004

eran0004

And what does it have to do with GT6?

22. Aggserp4

Aggserp4

Shouldn't that be on the GTSport Epic Crying and Whining thread?

23. Mulan

Mulan

Sorry, this is true...sorry, GTSport is where i thought i was in.