The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
It's just absolutely stupid, that when you want to race a Gr.X car, you can only race against the identical cars in Custom Race. When you call it a custom Race, let it be completely customisable. I want to know how fast or slow the Tesla or any other Gr.X is vs. the different N- or Gr. classes.
But how it is right now, nearly all Gr.X class cars are completely useless when you want to play single player/Custom race/League race

Why can't Gran Turismo have this amazing AI-Selector like Race Room does? It brings so much fun and play value to the game!

I had this happen to me the other day. I wanted to race the Junior X Red Bull vs other cars of similar HP (what? Probably N200 or 300?) and it wouldn't let me choose that class as opposition.

No, it is really weird. I've given up on using my clutch and H shifter in this game.
I've been using a DS4 and shifting feels as if I was still holding the gas but like right before the shift actually happens instead of hitting redline during the duration of the shift.

If they were trying to replicate real life to a tee then why does it shift so damn slowly? :irked: I could shift my Integra faster in real life than in game.

I've been using a DS4 and shifting feels as if I was still holding the gas but like right before the shift actually happens instead of hitting redline during the duration of the shift.

If they were trying to replicate real life to a tee then why does it shift so damn slowly? :irked: I could shift my Integra faster in real life than in game.
IIRC it's a balancing thing for DS4/wheels. This came up a while ago in one of the news discussion threads, but I don't remember which one it was off the top of my head.

Been quite a few months since I've last played... I've been considering checking out a used BMW i3, but wanted a closer look at the interior first befobe I went looking (mainly because Alberta is oil country and I'm likely going to have to travel a few hours to Calgary or a day or two for a trip to Vancouver), was gonna look at the auto show in April, but remembered it was in the sexy looking GTS!

Then I realized after waiting for all the updates to download and install that GTS is a agonizing grind fest and I had no money! After 722 laps at the oval (I like tape) I got 88k credits, 4000 MP and went to by my i3... Then realized that the whole look at the interior thing is a Forza thing and you could only get glimpses of the interior from looking through the windows in photomode, looking around in first person mode and maybe with some cars (like the new Miata) have the weird movie where it shows the car opening the doors and such.

Tried the tap thing again today before work but the game crashed at some point...

It's a nice reminder of why the only reason I have GTS (or a PS4 Pro in general) is because it was given to me.

+Edit
Did they actually remove non-scapes photomode? Or am I just missing something?

Last edited:
That sounds like a terrible way of earning money...
Yup, but it requires zero effort. Generally speaking I either play Forza or phone games while it happens lol.

I don't know why I hate GTS so much. It has decent physics at the very least, a decent track selection, pretty good if somewhat dated car selection and fantastic graphics.

But they have to make everything so difficult! From earning cars and tracks to even looking at your cars...

I literally spent more time on AC on Xbox and I can barely control the damn cars!

+Edit
Not certain of the rules on double posting are in this particular thread...

I forgot about that online only horse****.

Can't get my daily free car (which is a pretty big deal with how frugal this game is with credits) or save any progress because of maintenance.

What a **** show.

Last edited:
It been almost two weeks, time for more whining.

This is more on Sony than PD, but the lack of rumble/force feedback on the controller makes this borderline unplayable.

Was trying out my new Honda 2&4 and kept losing control since I have zero feedback. I would be braking and everything would be fine and then boom! Car just jerks off the road. Being going around the corner, everything seems fine, maybe a little sketchy, then the car just slides off the track.

It's super irritating that I have no real idea what's happening with my car until after I lose it...

+Edit
Yeah, I give up. Guess I'll back to XBOX...

...the lack of rumble/force feedback on the controller makes this borderline unplayable.
My controller is more informative than my Fanatec wheel.

I find that the DS4 vibration is the best it's been in any GT game, or any game period, so far. The FFB, however, seems to be the worst in any GT game to date (G29 user).

:(

VBR
I find that the DS4 vibration is the best it's been in any GT game, or any game period, so far. The FFB, however, seems to be the worst in any GT game to date (G29 user).

:(
I'm now super confused. I get zero vibration in any PS4 game.

Now I have to start looking around in my PS4 and GTS settings...

I'm now super confused. I get zero vibration in any PS4 game.

Now I have to start looking around in my PS4 and GTS settings...

If it's not working on any game, it's unlikely that it's an in-game menu issue. Maybe vibration is set to off or low on the PS4 menu? Or, your DS4 is faulty...

:confused:

Is the battery running low? Possible that the rumbles quit.
Fully charged. Literally has never vibrated ever since I got it with my new PS4 Pro over a year ago.

They idea that I might have gotten a broken controller along side one of the "loose" PS4 PROs (some weird issue where the disc reader or something vibrates in them making a loud squealing noise occasionally) is making me even less impressed.

+Edit
PlayStation settings, Vibration is already set to "On"...
GTS next...
Vibration Function... Set to "on" for both controllers.
+Edit2
Alright, turned up the Force feedback settings up from 5 to 10 and I feel only the lightest of sensations if I look for it if I slam on the breaks, similar minor sensation if I look for it on stupid hard turns but I can plenty of rumble if I hit a kerb... So it basically doesn't do anything at all unless I'm off road or hitting something.

Last edited:
Been quite a few months since I've last played... I've been considering checking out a used BMW i3, but wanted a closer look at the interior first befobe I went looking (mainly because Alberta is oil country and I'm likely going to have to travel a few hours to Calgary or a day or two for a trip to Vancouver), was gonna look at the auto show in April, but remembered it was in the sexy looking GTS!

Then I realized after waiting for all the updates to download and install that GTS is a agonizing grind fest and I had no money! After 722 laps at the oval (I like tape) I got 88k credits, 4000 MP and went to by my i3... Then realized that the whole look at the interior thing is a Forza thing and you could only get glimpses of the interior from looking through the windows in photomode, looking around in first person mode and maybe with some cars (like the new Miata) have the weird movie where it shows the car opening the doors and such.

Tried the tap thing again today before work but the game crashed at some point...

It's a nice reminder of why the only reason I have GTS (or a PS4 Pro in general) is because it was given to me.

+Edit
Non-scapes photomode is still there my dude.

While PD is congratulating themselves on 7m players the real concern is that there's seemingly only enough players to run three races at a time in sport mode with enough depth.

And if there is enough players, why has the sport mode format remained unchanged?

+Edit
I think many of us miss the 3d places for photomode. But when you think about it, there is not a free camera mode in garage view like every single car game. Maybe game engine limitation?

My post as a casual gamer: nice track list, many cool cars. What am I suppposed to do? I think the game is almost too big given the features missing like a true career mode or tuning.

I've been absent for a long time and frequented the GT5 Epic whining and crying thread (or the justified criticisms thread as I prefer to think of it). Have they implemented proper FOV and cockpit position adjustments yet? Secondly, I know at launch there was pretty much no reason to buy if you were only interested in single player. How are things now?

You can adjust camera in the driver's view front and back, up and down. -5 to 5 on both vertical axis (up and down) and horizontal axis. (front and back).

You can adjust camera in the driver's view front and back, up and down. -5 to 5 on both vertical axis (up and down) and horizontal axis. (front and back).
Still no FOV adjustment? I wonder if they'll ever pull their heads out of their holes. How's the single player?

Still no FOV adjustment?
Moving to -5 for the horizontal axis does increase FOV a bit while zooming in (5) cuts FOV.

How's the single player?
There's a solid range of event types but it follows the GT6 method of race-starting for all GT career stuff. There's a healthy number of driving challenges/tests including a few that are notoriously difficult. (Mission 8-6 springs to mind, it was nearly unwinnable - at least before the AI nerf toned it down)

There's also a Circuit Experience mode where you are given a car and run around a track to learn the different sectors.

Moving to -5 for the horizontal axis does increase FOV a bit while zooming in (5) cuts FOV.

There's a solid range of event types but it follows the GT6 method of race-starting for all GT career stuff. There's a healthy number of driving challenges/tests including a few that are notoriously difficult. (Mission 8-6 springs to mind, it was nearly unwinnable - at least before the AI nerf toned it down)

There's also a Circuit Experience mode where you are given a car and run around a track to learn the different sectors.

Is it actually changing FOV or are you just seeing more/less of the cockpit because you're farther back/forward? The difference is that the track appearance changes with FOV adjustment rather than just your view of the cockpit.

The poor cockpit implementation actually caused me to skip GT6 when it was still current, partially out of principle. It really is a big deal, particularly when using a wheel. Once you've played games/sims that allow you to set the cockpit exactly how you like (FOV, cockpit position, removing visible wheel/driver's hands etc) it makes you realise how important it is to immersion and making you feel as if you're actually behind the wheel.

Doing the BMB Speedway with the X-BOW... Why does it get so super twitchy on the end on the main straight? It's very weird.

Also got my first experience with the LaFerrari... Thing was stupid fast and at the beginning of the final lap rammed me so hard my car spun literally more than 6 times giving my second place.

This is really a hard game to love...

Could be worse I guess *stares pointedly at FH4's latest update*

Doing the BMB Speedway with the X-BOW... Why does it get so super twitchy on the end on the main straight? It's very weird.

Also got my first experience with the LaFerrari... Thing was stupid fast and at the beginning of the final lap rammed me so hard my car spun literally more than 6 times giving my second place.

This is really a hard game to love...

Could be worse I guess *stares pointedly at FH4's latest update*
I highly suggest to try doing it on Mazda RX500 next time.

Also refresh race if it had LaFerrari in it. The AI just plain dirty especially for it.

Multi-class, multi-class, multi-class. It's a broken record complaint/whinge, but it's validated automatically.

I'm nearly jealous of my PC2 having this full feature. GT Sport deserves a proper multi-class option. A race in PC2, is so rewarding when I finish ahead of an LMP3, in my GTE car. Also, when navigating lapped traffic in an LMP1. Gr.3/Gr.4 League races are sorely lacking, as are Gr.1/Gr.3 events.

Latest Posts

Back