The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
To each their own, I guess. I just hope y'all don't ignore the actual offensive material that's constantly uploaded to GTS, otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

To each their own, I guess. I just hope y'all don't ignore the actual offensive material that's constantly uploaded to GTS, otherwise you look like a hypocrite.

I think it's worth pointing out that if you think some of this stuff is genuinely offensive, you can always report it yourself.

I don't think I've been personally offended by anything I've seen, but I've reported two things, because I don't think they were appropriate for a racing game open to kids of all ages. The first was a livery that said **** YOU on the back - this wasn't removed, and I got a warning for abusing the report feature! The second was Anime vagina, which was removed almost instantly (I may not have been the first to report it of course).

My personal reading on it, is that if something gets reported, and PD/Sony aren't sure why, they remove it - after all, different cultures and languages will be offended in different ways - PD/Sony can't monitor all of them that accurately. If they can see why somebody would report it, but disagree that it's offensive or inappropriate, they leave it up.

I've seen all the comments on one of my decals deleted by PD because people got offensive... but the decal remains even though some of the people being offensive must have reported. It was simply a Catalan flag.... and then there's PD's word censor... or as I call it **'* word ******.

Had my first proper experience with the drift section last week in GT Sport and man it is EPIC! Why didn't I invest some time in this sooner and why PD still hasn't expanded upon this discipline? Why can't I go drifting around a full course devided into sections? Why is there no Mount Akina?

My winning is more about why didn't I try this sooner :banghead:

Wonder how many posts whine about no multi-class? Here's one more...

Just finished the Mission Challenge Stage 6 - 8 30 lap endurance. Why is there not a 30 car grid slider in Custom Race? It's an agonizing tease. Then, the NUrburgring Meister Challenge Stage 7. Proper multi-class racing for each zone. I mean, there are omly about 10 cars in each zone, but why can't we select a 50/50 grid of what ever Gr. we want? These features are in the game. Why are they locked, blocked, program deleted, whatever?

IN Project Cars 2, I believe Ian Bell mentioned like, if Slightly Mad Studios allowed livery editor, the system(console) would play havok with rendering each car for the races. I'm not a computer whiz, but I get that. They still chose to allow high grid numbers.
PD are showing us high grid numbers in offline races. That should carry over to Custom and Arcade races, If that means default liveries, I'm okay with that. It's too much of a tease, this carrot dangling right in front players, that want a true multi-class option.

Why isn’t there an option to keep all original decals on cars in the Livery Editor??? It’s so annoying trying to add a license to the Firebird for example and trying to add all the lines and stuff back on...

Why isn’t there an option to keep all original decals on cars in the Livery Editor??? It’s so annoying trying to add a license to the Firebird for example and trying to add all the lines and stuff back on...
Maybe things will change. The SF19 can now change tyre brands. There's hope.

It's really annoying that we can't do proper qually in user-created lobbies. PD are using the same system that they use for Sport Mode in public lobbies. Poor show.

:( 👎 :grumpy:

Firstly, I've been a long time lurker on here so it's a shame my first post is gonna be such a whiney moan...

We've all been on the receiving end of the penalty system on GTS but today I think I may have had my fill.

First slot Nations I'm in the middle of pure carnage at T1 Dragon Trial, getting pinballed around with GT physics, 5 second penalty... Get down to the Hairpin, get punted by a guy that doesn't brake, 5 second penalty. So now I'm last by 10 seconds and I rage quit. Check the damage after the race finishes and I'm down to 65 SR. I know there's some fault of mine for leaving but my SR was gonna take a pounding anyway and I let the anger get the better of me.

Go to repair my SR in daily race A before the Manu round (again, what do I expect here?!) Set a quick qualy lap so I'm not at the back. Start P3, get punted into the gravel at the last turn on Suzuka East, 2 second penalty for me obviously for being on the outside, couple of laps later I get a .5 pen for a course cut, finish in 4th. Leave the race and I've had a ****ing DR reset to 40k and my SR is 45.

So I have ONE penalty that's my fault that's a corner cut and I get a DR reset?! **** you Polyphony. (It gets better)

I've just spent 3 hours repairing my SR on Race C, get to 90 and I'm one race away from 99. Really close battles all race, the whole field is pretty fair until the leader hits the wall into the chicane, throws everyone off their line and everyone bumps and nudges each other with the pinball physics. Got a one second penalty and back to 65 SR.... I mean, I get that this is the penalty system but it's literally wrecking the experience of the whole game.

I worked really hard to get up to 55k+ DR, I'm clinging onto my S rank that I was pretty chuffed to get tbh, now I lose out on today's points and have to grind like a mother****er before next Saturdays Nations and hope I can score a massive amount of points to hold onto my rank. At risk of sounding like a toddler (like I haven't thiswhole post anyway), it's not fair!!

I love this game, it's the source of hours of great fun, but today it's shafted me beyond what's acceptable.

TL;DR, Another penalty system/DR reset moan

Apologies for language, bit frustrated...

My word I think I have found my place! If there is one thing I am better at than my mid pack finishes it is epic whining!:lol::D:cheers:

But seriously, I get @MobnobOG point. I was at 92 SR and thought I would tiptoe through a race C to top back at 99 before logging into my alt to enjoy race A. Nope. One person in a TT blasting me in the door on a dive bomb giving me an SR down and penalty, then running off. Rinse, repeat a few times and get my SR dropped into the 50s. Luckily I am DR B so not near a reset, but after working hard to stay clear for the next 2 races I was up to 78.

Then it was a catastrophe of just BS penalties. I blow the chicane lap 1 and get a wall collision penalty which puts me mid pack with much slower drivers. I just stay behind and only pass when someone crashes, runs massive wide or brakes super early. Last 6 laps behind someone who bounces in the chicane and doesn't ghost, although I am way behind I cant stop and rear end them slightly, SR down. They slide wide through the esses while I am well behind at about 0.7, don't ghost and snap spin back in to me. Penalty again. Another 2 incidents like the chicane bit where I am going through at a medium speed, but either too slow and they unghost turning into me or they don't ghost and i still cant stop as they bounce around and I end up hitting them from any angle. Always with an SR down. Got dropped to 38 SR for it all.

It wasn't even that other drivers fault, just crap situations and luck. Even knowing what was coming I was still getting caught in it. And getting penalized for crap circumstances rather than really anything even worth a penalty. Why are some of these things so hard to figure out. If I brake hard and go super slow I get ghosted, why cant someone else be ghosted when 90 degrees against the racing line after being off track? Anyway after getting some lobby luck and managing where I drove I was able to work my way back up, but it was just rage inducing.

Is there ANY track in the real world with curbing like the asymmetrical safety-regulation-defying monstrosities at Dragon Trail Seaside? If you drop a wheel off the inside of a corner you should lose grip, not get launched into the opposite gravel trap. :dunce::confused:

All I want is a legit career mode for offline racers like myself. The one they have is better than nothing, but it’s still lame. The challenge of long races in the offline career mode is the fact you start at the back, and you need to pick off a bunch of cars in order to get into first place before the race is over. Why can’t they make a legit career mode like project cars? Even if it’s not in depth like that where you advance series. I want standing starts where your grid position is based on qualifying, and the ability to adjust the AI difficulty in order to find a solid balance of fun and challenge. Starting in last place and having to work my way to the leader who is 36 seconds ahead and I have 10 laps to do it isn’t ideal to me.

PD, go back to true Daily Races.

Keep a GR.4 only and Gr.3 only rotation. Mix up all the other Groups as needed.

I just want to stay racing Fr.4 at a new combo each day. Getting tired of the racing, after everyone decide to use the same car by Wednesday onwards.
Especially, when I use a car "that's not like the others".

From that time, players think just because that car is probably superior, means they are endowed with superior skill to match. Nah.
I did a couple races the first day. Got bored. Didn't race. Did a couple races using the alt on a different day.

It's not enough for me to make a Gr.4 Lobby. I like the ease or choosing when to jump in a Daily. Yeah, I have some good results. The bad ones, of course, highlight some frustration, but I feel it needs to revert back to how Dailys started.

Not only does GT Sport have more legitimate problems to gripe about than perhaps any previous GT release, but PS4 gets only ONE installation of Gran Turismo. I believe this is the biggest gripe of all. Every previous PlayStation console got 2 or more GT releases (full titles). PSX got GT1 and GT2, PS2 got GT3 and GT4, PS3 got GT5 and GT6. And here we are. In fact, some consoles got more than 2 if you include prologues and everything GT that was ever released to the public. I fully expected this established pattern of 2 GT full games per PS console to continue. Eat my shorts PD, I won't be purchasing any more of your frustrating GT titles. I'm done.

Every previous PlayStation console got 2 or more GT releases (full titles).

Not to mention the fact that the PS2 could play GT 1, 2, 3, and 4.

My PS4 was the biggest loser I've had in 25 years of gaming. It lasted a whole 25 months before it committed suicide.

Last edited:
Back