The GT Sport Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 3,198 comments
Just realized something while changing the color of the RX500 to the lovely Aston Martinish G9 Large Flakes and figuring out how I'm supposed to get the sexy two-tone paint like the original...

The whole thing I was bitching about how you can't just like in other games just press "X" or whatever, rotate and the camera and all that?

You can do that in the livery editor. In the decal editor you can even get a awesome above view you can't get in Forzavista...

Drives me mad how they have all the tools to do something as well or better than everyone else but don't because... I dunno, moon buggies?

Either way, I'm rather happy that I found a easier way to get a nice sexy view of the car.

+Edit
Found something else to whine about... The search function for custom liveries is absolutely brutal.

Really, the only way to sort is by day? Why is there even empty days? I should have to push the "Older Content" button 10 times just to see a single livery... Which wouldn't load. If there's nothing on that day, don't bring up the damn page!

Last edited:
I'm loving all of this Americas region representation when it comes to real life tracks! I've always wanted to race on just Willow Springs and Interlagos!

Found something else to whine about... The search function for custom liveries is absolutely brutal.

Really, the only way to sort is by day? Why is there even empty days? I should have to push the "Older Content" button 10 times just to see a single livery... Which wouldn't load. If there's nothing on that day, don't bring up the damn page!

So so annoying. Can't be bothered to go back further than a few weeks. Can't be that hard to put in some extra seach functionality like 'most popular' or just put them all up at the same time to scroll through!!

This game sold what, 6 million copies, let's be uber conservative and say $30 a sale. $180M revenue and they cannot swing the license for Road America.

killin' me.
Depends how much they, or any track owner be could be asking for. If each real life track owner asks for $10m the money disappears quite quickly. ;)

I simply wanted to do some random lobby races tonight, each of my 7 (seven) attemts had a start bug!!! In the last lobby i was in every car appeared colourless, matte black like a hole. Never saw that before

Have they finally fixed the penalty system so people won't get a penalty like the one in this vid? Still makes me mad and eventually turned me off from GT Sport

Let's report a decal that is a parody to the Gran Turismo name, but completely ignore the lewd anime girls/lolis that are constantly plaguing the Trending decal section!

Have they finally fixed the penalty system so people won't get a penalty like the one in this vid? Still makes me mad and eventually turned me off from GT Sport

Nope
8Zi1As8.gif
sfnNOk8.gif

And now you get slowed down in the penalty zone and put back behind the trouble makers :lol:

I downloaded that decal from you too and sure enough its gone now.
I'll probably re-upload it but take the tags off. I don't want it to get reported again, though because I don't know what the threshold is before they end up banning you from online services for GTS, if there even is one.

I'll probably re-upload it but take the tags off. I don't want it to get reported again, though because I don't know what the threshold is before they end up banning you from online services for GTS, if there even is one.

It's not worth that risk. I liked the decal but not to that point. Don't get yourself banned over something like a decal.

What was the decal?
It was just a parody of Gran Turismo. I'm not gonna post it here, because I'm pretty sure the random who reported it probably browses this site too. All you need to know is it wasn't offensive, as the report claimed, and was humorous considering a meme was made about it long ago.

It was just a parody of Gran Turismo. I'm not gonna post it here, because I'm pretty sure the random who reported it probably browses this site too. All you need to know is it wasn't offensive, as the report claimed, and was humorous considering a meme was made about it long ago.

I don’t really care, but your description makes me curious.

Let's report a decal that is a parody to the Gran Turismo name, but completely ignore the lewd anime girls/lolis that are constantly plaguing the Trending decal section!
Reminds me of some profile I followed.

Starts off as harmless "FBI OPEN UP" joke in the comments but some people took it literally and actually reports him. Decals removed and he gets 2 weeks ban from PSN.

I'm assuming this was the decal in question...

upload_2019-4-8_8-41-57.png

edit: Just had a look, I've had two that have been removed...

upload_2019-4-8_16-14-45.png

upload_2019-4-8_16-14-35.png

Last edited:
Huh. Yeah. I can see removing the one regarding a disability. It takes a special kind of kid to not only find that sort of thing funny, but to make that. I’m all for challenging humour and pushing boundaries, but that’s just stupid. Those that like that sort of thing are smart enough to find it funny, but not smart enough to get why it isn’t. Which is not very smart. And to do it for the purposes of pushing buttons.... that’s the audience of people you want to offend? “Lookitme I’m edgy because I provoke people on the spectrum! I also get people worked up by calling things “gay”!

Now the **** it one? That I like. :cheers: :lol: Ironic to me that that’s the one you spoiler tagged. :lol:

This game sold what, 6 million copies, let's be uber conservative and say $30 a sale. $180M revenue and they cannot swing the license for Road America.

killin' me.
And we don’t get the new Ford GT (race version is a Lemans winner IRL) or the latest ZR1 corvette. None of the tracks that host significant road races in NA are included. Montreal, COTA, Indy, Daytona, Infineon, Laguna, Mexico City... nope.

Huh. Yeah. I can see removing the one regarding a disability. It takes a special kind of kid to not only find that sort of thing funny, but to make that. I’m all for challenging humour and pushing boundaries, but that’s just stupid. Those that like that sort of thing are smart enough to find it funny, but not smart enough to get why it isn’t. Which is not very smart. And to do it for the purposes of pushing buttons.... that’s the audience of people you want to offend? “Lookitme I’m edgy because I provoke people on the spectrum! I also get people worked up by calling things “gay”!

Now the **** it one? That I like. :cheers: :lol: Ironic to me that that’s the one you spoiler tagged. :lol:

Ever think that maybe some of us liked it not because we thought it was funny but because someone we know that does have Autism did. Not everyone in this world plays the victim or get offended by such content as this and can find the humor in such a parody.
Some people in this world are not ashamed of their disabilities but instead they embrace it.

I was actually in the process of creating a livery for him per his request with that decal until it got removed.

Some people in this world are not ashamed of their disabilities but instead they embrace it.

As a libertarian I lean laissez faire, especially in context of the 1st Amendment.

However, this is completely illogical; you’re basically saying it’s ok to use the “N word” because some black people don’t mind it.

If someone’s offended by it, it’s their prerogative to report it. It’s PD’s prerogative to remove (or not) said offensive content.

The fact that OP wouldn't even post it on this forum is proof he’s aware it’s offensive on some level — so why cry about it’s removal?

As a libertarian I lean laissez faire, especially in context of the 1st Amendment.

However, this is completely illogical; you’re basically saying it’s ok to use the “N word” because some black people don’t mind it.

If someone’s offended by it, it’s their prerogative to report it. It’s PD’s prerogative to remove (or not) said offensive content.

The fact that OP wouldn't even post it on this forum is proof he’s aware it’s offensive on some level — so why cry about it’s removal?
Maybe because GT Planet has some people who do nothing but white knight the AUP and report whatever they find offensive? Comparing a harmless joke to the use of the N word is a 🤬 argument. The two aren’t even relatively close.

Again, reporting that, while ignoring the actual problem with GTS’s Trending section, just shows how little it takes to trigger anyone for literally any reason whatsoever, or they just wanted to find an excuse to get rid of a decal for any reason.

This is coming from someone actually on the spectrum, who doesn’t find that decal offensive in any way shape or form, and is, once again, a PARODY.

I find all anime liveries offensive and I vote for a permaban for anyone using them

PD pls

I can get behind pd's thinking of strict rules or whatever for the decal uploaded ect.. but next thing you know the trending tab is rendered useless by being plastered with half naked borderline under age anime chicks, just seems like their given way more leniency

You know full and well those two things are not even close to one another and to even suggest that they are is completely insane.
Saying that someone has Autism is not offensive and anyone who thinks it is needs a serious wake up call. Saying the N-word is definitely offensive and you want to compare the two as one in the same. :banghead:

Had the decal said Gran Retarded then that would have been offensive and purposely done to hurt those with disabilities and closer to the argument your trying to make But it didn't.
It said Gran Austismo using it as a parody to bring awareness to those with Autism who play GT.
Parodies are used quite often to bring awareness for all kinds of diseases and disabilities.
I get it, my friend with Autism gets it and @TetsuKobura gets it and yet its found offensive.
But somehow we all get to look at almost naked anime girls in the decal section in every provocative position know to man and yet this is not considered offensive.

Maybe we should just not post things you need to think twice about? Just my opinion. It’s less of an issue where NSFW spoilers exist but there are none in GT so perhaps it needs to be a little stricter because of the transparency.

But hey, what do I know about acceptable content? The last time I suggested that maybe barely clothed girls in sexual positions should not be allowed on the service I had an army of angry commenters spamming my inbox.

Saying that someone has Autism is not offensive and anyone who thinks it is needs a serious wake up call. Saying the N-word is definitely offensive and you want to compare the two as one in the same. :banghead:

Had the decal said Gran Retarded then that would have been offensive and purposely done to hurt those with disabilities and closer to the argument your trying to make But it didn't.
It said Gran Austismo using it as a parody to bring awareness to those with Autism who play GT.

In no way is it obvious that Gran Autismo is a parody and there is no way for people to know that it is done with the purpose of raising awareness of autism. To be honest, I would have thought it was some juvenile that equated autism with mental retardation making a tasteless joke.

My cousin has autism and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to be reminded of that fact, especially when superficially it appears to be derogative. The reason the N word is offensive is because it is a reminder of the enslavement and persecution of black people. Obviously it is offensive to many people, but as said, some black people don't find it offensive dependent on the context, so I don't think the analogy was as bad as you are making it out to be. For instance, I have a black friend that said "I'll smile so you can see me" because it was dark outside. I've also heard white people make that same joke in an offensive manner. Context makes all the difference.

The word retard used in its scientific sense actually means "Delay or hold back in terms of progress or development". When said of Gran Turismo, that's actually pretty funny considering the history of delayed releases of the games and certain features.

Last edited:
Ever think that maybe some of us liked it not because we thought it was funny but because someone we know that does have Autism did. Not everyone in this world plays the victim or get offended by such content as this and can find the humor in such a parody.

I was actually in the process of creating a livery for him per his request with that decal until it got removed.

Codswallop.

There is a time and a place for that type of humour. GTS is not that place at any point in time.

Back