The GT6 Photomode Tournament Discussion Thread: Season 2 - 2.0 Advanced Champion crowned.

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 128 comments
I'm not sure when will I'll be part of the tourneys as: a) I'm departing for Hong Kong on the 23rd and b) I don't know when I'll get my PS3 back.

Good luck to the future participants! :cheers:

This leads me to my next question:

Do you want to start the tournament now so close to Christmas/New Year or would you prefer to wait until after the New Year?
If we start now we'll get a couple of rounds in before Christmas where we'll probably have to take a week or two break and resume the tournament early to mid January.
I'm happy to go with whatever works in best for the majority of you, my main concern is people going on holiday and not being able to participate over this period.

Last edited:
I'd say it's best to start within the early weeks of January, so we can have as many competitors as possible 👍

Hell I'm ready to go now, but yeah I get it if people wanna wait a month. Though then again, if starting now improves my odds I'm all for it ;)
Yep that's how I feel too, but I still want to include everyone so no one misses out.

If the option of having the same theme for everyone goes forward, what do you think of having head2head like battles?

It's like a mix of both options. Battles and the same theme for everyone.

We would have battles but in every battle the theme would be the same (X vs Y)

If the option of having the same theme for everyone goes forward, what do you think of having head2head like battles?

It's like a mix of both options. Battles and the same theme for everyone.

We would have battles but in every battle the theme would be the same (X vs Y)
I think that's a good way to do it. Like I said, I'd still like to see a method to the madness of who is matched up with who after the qualifying round, since we recognize the top 3 finishers. I still like the head-to-head most though, and I think that might be a really sensible compromise for the 2 ideas. I'd be all for that. :cheers:

Was pondering season 2 and reviewed voting over past seasons in GT5 and 6 in an attempt to quantify the dwindling numbers with an aim to suggest possible methods of increasing member participation, specifically in the vote casting area.

Clearly, participants form the largest voting block but voting being open to all GTPlanet members makes for exciting polls. I believe that when Kyle was posting weekly in the planet "news" tab for a time, about the photomode comps, it drove voter participation up in the polls. Possibly the general membership could one again be urged in this manner?

There may be other ways to "hype" the tournament to increase entry and vote numbers if anyone has suggestions but maybe with a mod to get the word out like Slips once did, participation will grow. ;)

Also, when T-12 did the GTP Weekly Rewinds, the Photomode Comps were included, so that also had to help with participation.

I am ready to start the PMC Tournament Season 02 Qualifying Round tomorrow (for real this time!) :lol:

For this season at least we will stick with the old format.

These are the themes we have had submitted for this season to date - we will need 30+ themes across both the PMC and 2.0 Tournaments so this falls quite short for now. If there are any themes (new or old) that you would like to see included in the tournaments now would be the time to let me know - just post here in the thread and you can state PMC or 2.0 Edit if you want to see the theme in a particular Tournament.

Theme: Blimps and Balloons
Description: Find and photograph either a blimp or a hot air balloon.

Theme: Banking The Curve
Description: Take a picture of a car in a banked corner.

Theme: Rally Sally
Description: Take a picture of any Ford Mustang off road.

Theme: Here's My Number, So Don't Quote That Song
Description: Take a picture of any car which you've put your own driver number on.

Theme: Stripes Galore
Description: Take a shot of any car that has racing stripes

Theme: Bottom Dollar
Description: This theme is all about CHEAP. Use any car that you can purchase for 10,000 credits or less.

Theme: Reflect on Life
Description: Take a shot that highlights the reflections on a car

Theme: GT2 Nostalgia
Description: Take a shot of a car that was available in Gran Turismo 2, and take it to a track that was available in GT2.

Theme: Modify
Description: This theme is all about MODIFYING your car. Add bumpers, an aftermarket spoiler, a nice paintjob, a racing number, you name it, as long as the car is visibily different from it's stock version.

Theme: Playing The Blues
Description: Photograph any car that is painted blue

Theme: Tunnel Vision
Description: Take a picture of any car inside of a tunnel

Theme: NASCAR Yawl!
Description: Take a picture of a NASCAR. Simple!

The 2.0 Advanced Tournament will start at the conclusion of the PMC Tournament.

Good luck everybody! :)

Last edited:
-
We will need 30+ themes across both the PMC and 2.0 Tournaments - this falls quite short for now

If there are any themes (new or old) that you would like to see included in the tournaments let me know

"Artistic" and "Photography" related themes in past comps have always generated awesome images!

Here are some successful ones to consider:
  • Abstract
  • Surrealism
  • Realism
  • Silhouette
  • Shadows
  • Scenery
  • Composition (rules)
  • Colour
  • Track Art
  • Advertisement
  • Landscape in Portrait view
  • Blending in
  • Specialty Filters
    • Monochrome
    • Sepia
    • Cold
    • Warm
    • etc.
  • Bokeh
  • Time - lapse
  • Depth of Field
  • Reflections
  • Detail
and this list can easily grow without much research or thought.
I'd like to see some of these Nathan and I'll try to think up some new themes too. 💡

Theme: Super Smash Cars
Description: if you a fan of Demoliton Derby, Super Smash Bros. And Gran Turismo, crash into 2 or more opponents!
Car: Any
Track: Any
Photo Travel: PROHIBITED!
Unique Restrictions: must shown smashing into 2 or more opponent cars (Either Online or Offline)

Thanks Kyle!!!! Hopefully this can get a few more entries in!!! :D

Round One is now open. :)

Here is a quick run through sending private images for Flickr users incase anyone still has problems sending.

Firstly for the Tournament I don't require a preview image as I upload all entries to my Picasa Web account for the poll and create the previews from there. So I only really need the fullsize image or link to it at least.

To send a private Flickr image just click the Share icon as usual, to send just the link then select link in the popup box...

Share Link 2.jpg

Click the Yes button for the "This is a private photo, do you still want to share it?" dialog

Share Image 1.jpg

Copy and paste the resulting link - that will share a link with a guest pass which enables me to view the full size image.

Alternatively you can send me the full size image itself by using the usual Share BBCode and instead of using the Medium 500 x ??? option, use the Original option instead. That will give me the fullsize image with a link to the photo in your photostream - the link won't work for me but I'll still have the full size image so it doesn't matter.

Share Image 2.jpg

Hope that helps. :)

Back