The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

Because we know PD, they will push the graphical qualities to the limit. A rally game is also far less demanding generally, with only one car on screen, no AI etc.

True PD is about to make the PS5 sound like a jet engine in 120fps

If the game is stuck at 60 fps/hz, it's no problem at all. In racing games, higher framerate is not going to do much difference in how you perform.

Higher frame rate is absolutely required on shooter games, because of your reaction and smoothness when aiming. And even this is starting to hit its peak at 240 fps. It was recently released a monitor with a 360hz refresh rate and even pros in games like CS:GO cannot find a difference between 240fps and 360fps. In fact, they even struggle to find the difference between 240 and 144. The casual gamer, us, is not even going to notice at all, I personally have been playing CS:GO in a 144hz monitor for years, and when I tried a 240hz monitor, I barely felt the difference.

When I went from 60 to 144 though, there was a world of difference, or from 30 to 60. It seems that there's a point where the higher you get, you also get your returns diminished.

Much prefer, especially in a racing game, quality graphics + high resolution with a fixed 60fps than 1080/1440p medium quality graphics with 120 fps. In racing games it's just not worth it.

For those expecting 4k 60 fps, the PS5 will easily be able to do it in GT7, given how Gran Turismo is perfectly optimized for Playstation and how the PS4 pro could easily do 1080p 60fps and the PS4 Pro is vastly inferior to the PS5.

I really like the effort that's gone into your post, but...

This is going to be long:

Kaz has stated this game is going to be a combination of every Gran Turismo game that existed before and will be a big step for the future as well.
Word of warning as far as expectaitons go, Kaz didn't actualy state or promise GT7 would combine elements of every Gran Turismo, he just said it will combine past, present and future. Read intot hat what you will, but it doesn't mean we'll definitely see something from each GT game make it's way into GT7.

Though some might argue that all you need to do is include an R32 GTR and it has features something from every past GT title :lol: (mainstream titles at least).

Last edited:
I really like the effort that's gone into your post, but...

Word of warning as far as expectaitons go, Kaz didn't actualy state or promise GT7 would combine elements of every Gran Turismo, he just said it will combine past, present and future. Read intot hat what you will, but it doesn't mean we'll definitely see something from each GT game make it's way into GT7.
Though some might argue that all you need to do is include an R32 GTR and it has features something from every past GT title :lol: (mainstream titles at least).

Sorry, it may not mean EVERY element of every previous Gran Turismo game, but it will have the core elements they had, like the Career mode as a whole.
Just look at the trailer and look at the Menu which is already showing next gen Gran Turismo 4 on it... In that same menu you had displayed icons as:

"School" (with a cone as it's symbol which likely means it's the license tests)
"Championships" (likely referring to the races you are going to do like the Sunday Cup, Gran Turismo World, European cup, etc)
"Missions" and "Special Events" which just speaks for themselves on what they are going to be.
"Tuning" ...
"GT Auto" ...

So yes, this game will be a fusion of sorts of the past Gran Turismo games focused career modes and it will also have the online/esports aspect of the present game in Gran Turismo Sport. This much is pretty much confirmed already.
What is yet to be confirmed is if we are going to be able to use B-Spec, since after all, we didn't have it in GT6, the last career focused game, and I also won't be too sad about it, but it certainly would be a bonus to have such a feature.

Then you look at the very few cars displayed... 2 of my all time favourites in the Porsche Carrera GT and the Porsche 917k and even the 911 GT1. And other cars like the Murciélago that isn't present in GTS but was present in GT5/GT6.
All this combined with the stunning graphics that GT Sport had already displayed but even more enhanced on the PS5.

How can my expectations not be high?

With this said, the only things that can crush my expectations is if they make the game easy as crap like GT6 was and annoyingly grindy like GT5 was. This in terms of gameplay.

The other 2 things that can disappoint me are just cars and tracks. As far as tracks go, it seems to be going well, the tracks in GT Sport which are plenty and high quality are going to be in GT7 and there will be even more.

Cars are my biggest concern. I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if they launch the game with less than 550-600 cars... They have more than enough resources and time to pull at least this much by the time they launch the game in, worst case, June 2021. There was a time in GT Sport where they were releasing 10 cars per month and this while they were already developing GT7. Now they are fully focused on GT7...

Last edited:
I don't care about the high resolutions, or the ultra high FPS what I want is more cars and tracks, and more amateur racing.

I would like to see the 25 hours of Thunderhill included in the game. It is the longest race in North America and it is held on the Longest track in North America. It's been held every year since 1993 and to my knowledge Thunderhill Raceway is not on any other racing sim.

2019-NASA-25-Hours-of-Thunderhill-Live-Broadcast-Featured.jpg

Last edited:
Loaner cars in open lobbies.

In some daily races, you can only choose loaner cars instead of your own vehicle. I feel like this should extend to open lobbies, wherein the lobby host chooses the loaner cars. It would be useful for people who don't have a particular car, and an easy way to sample cars that you may want but can't afford. However, you wouldn't be able to modify these cars.

Problem is, people would never buy any cars if they could just "rent" them...

Hardware
- triple screen / multi monitor support
- I know VR is a big focus right now but I still think that triple screens is the best compromise between "feeling of speed", "immersion" AND "confort for long sessions".
- It was so much fun fun playing GT6 on my setup :embarrassed:
- motion rig support, specially now they're becoming affordable
- a simple interface through USB that sends the forces : Surge/Sway/Heave and Roll/Yaw/Pitch
- those data are already in the game, sending them via USB will cost nothing (they've done it in the past with GT6)​

Physics
- Better aerodynamics,suspension and tire model,so basically a more reaistic physics engine
- Better netcode / servers so the movements of the other cars seem more realistic

Sport Mode
- "Career Sport Mode"
- You only have access to small categories at the beginning
- Full season with one category (
- Persistent mecanical damage with limited budget per season (you can't change engine at the end of each race)​
- "Coop-mode Sport Mode "
- when you go to the pit you can switch drivers​

Various
- 900° wheel animation
- possibility to remove the wheel / hands

Replay
- "TV mode" without the crazy moving / zooming shots but only the realistic shots
- "GoPro Mode" where we can put an set our cameras inside/outside the car and access them during replay
- Slow motion feature
We are VERY much on the same page regarding your Hardware and Physics wishlist. I play exclusively on GT 6 with 5 monitors - I cant even find a PC rig to support 5 monitors (all view not telemetry) these days, so if this was put into GT7, it might justify the cost of 5 X PS5s. I have no interest in VR.

Oh and while I'm here, you should dust off those old PS3's, spin up GT6 and join us on the challenge hub...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-challenge-hub-round-73-open.378174/

I'd give my left nut to know how to get motion data out of the USB on the PS3 like in that video you linked to.

Last edited:
Oh and while I'm here, you should dust off those old PS3's, spin up GT6 and join us on the challenge hub...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-challenge-hub-round-73-open.378174/

I will finally have a flat with a dedicated room and I will re-install my triple screen setup in a couple of months. Of course nostalgia will push me to install my 3 PS3 and I would be glad to join you !

[QUOTE="slybynight, post: 13297707, member: 132745"
I'd give my left nut to know how to get motion data out of the USB on the PS3 like in that video you linked to.[/QUOTE]
-> it was a custom gt6 from podi

Last edited:
I will finally have a flat with a dedicated room and I will re-install my triple screen setup in a couple of months. Of course nostalgia will push me to install my 3 PS3 and I would be glad to join you !

[QUOTE="slybynight, post: 13297707, member: 132745"
I'd give my left nut to know how to get motion data out of the USB on the PS3 like in that video you linked to.
-> it was a custom gt6 from podi[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to seeing your times on the hub! Does podi = POlyphony DIgital?

Can't stress enough how much GT7 needs to have the choose AI car feature, in Custom Race. INfinite ways to set up combos for single players.

But first, we should be able to have all the cars in Arcade Mode as rental/courtesy cars.

I also kind of want the ability to rename the AI and assign their nationality as well, back in Assetto Corsa I would often race against drivers named after Naruto characters in the custom championship mode.

But first, we should be able to have all the cars in Arcade Mode as rental/courtesy cars.

I also kind of want the ability to rename the AI and assign their nationality as well, back in Assetto Corsa I would often race against drivers named after Naruto characters in the custom championship mode.
I had to reset my PS4. As the game was installing, I went to Arcade Mode and there were many cars available as loaner cars. Including GR.1 cars which we don't have in the current updates. So, having all cars is a possibility.

This was while waiting for the game to update. Notice all the cars available.

This is since the updates through to today.

I have no reason why PD trimmed the list from 30 to 8. Not for nothing, but 30 cars are also the max we see on track in Mission Challenge 6-8. This would be awesome to see all of those different 30 cars above, on track, at Nurburgring 24H.

I've yet to hear a compelling argument against all cars being available to drive in arcade mode. What's the point of modelling all these cars and including them in the game if the majority of people don't ever get to drive them, at all? They're cars, in a car game, let people at least try them out. If PD want to still lock the ability to own them, customize them, behind progression/grind then fine. But let people drive them.

I mean, test drives are a thing in the real world. If the game can go outside reality to where anyone can just buy race cars, why not extend test drives AKA racing in arcade mode to everything as well?

Last edited:
Here’s some of my ideas :)

1. LOANER CARS
As @CLowndes888 has suggested, Loaner cars in custom lobbies would be amazing, with cars being loaned by the lobby’s host. You cannot tune or upgrade the loaner car and it would be ideal if you wanted to recreate a real life series like Super GT with different liveries and a Gr.2/Gr.3 multi class race if you can limit the cars in the lobby to just loaned vehicles. Totally onboard for that one!

2. NUMBER DECALS
If you can add new features for the numbering system when designing a livery. Being able to move the number box around to help recreate a realistic livery and the standard placement on some cars are limiting to a design, and please please please include Super GT’s actual number boxes as an option. And having a number box option to use just a font (like Formula One) and have that as your number, where it changes number depending on what race or what you choose. Maybe this would be better for open wheelers?

I've yet to hear a compelling argument against all cars being available to drive in arcade mode. What's the point of modelling all these cars and including them in the game if the majority of people don't ever get to drive them, at all?

So that they'll play the game more? Here's my idea: do what GT4 did, and essentially "unlock" cars for use in arcade mode as you obtain them in the campaign. Or, alternatively, I'd just allow for more cars to be used in arcade mode, as we can see multiple tiers of cars available in arcade mode in GT3, rather than the relatively austere amount in GT Sport. Personally, I'd go for the GT3 approach, and I'd have multiple cars from each class, though certainly not all of them. So for example, if we were discussing Gr.1, I'd have a modern LMP1 like the TS050, but also a Gr.1-spec VGT like the Hyundai N2025, and then also an older Group C racer like the Mazda 787B. For Gr.B, I'd have an actual Group B car, as well as one of the made-for-game rally cars made to fit into that group. Then, for Gr.2, I'd have both a newer Super GT500 car from 2016, as well as one from the older 2008 season, and then something like a modern DTM racer if those are added to Gr.2 as well. Something like that, yeah.

I'd also like it if arcade mode had its own campaign of sorts, like in GT3. It's also too bad that clearing every course on the hardest difficulty in GT Sport's arcade mode does nothing, at least as far as I can tell.

EDIT: So instead of Group A/B/C/D/E/F like in GT3, I'd have some N-Series groups, then each of the major racing groups, which would ideally include Gr.4/Gr.3/Gr.2/Gr.1/Gr.B, but also any new groups that'd be potentially added, like if PD wanted to add a group for vintage prototypes such as the Ferrari 330 P4. To further incentivize players to play the arcade mode, you'd win a car for winning all races in a given group that goes to your campaign mode's garage - one for clearing all races in a group on normal, and another for doing so on hard. I also don't think we need a Time Attack mode in GT7, as I think the Circuit Experience mode is pretty much a perfect replacement, and ideally should return.

EDIT2: Nevermind, apparently the Group A/B/C/D/E/F thing from GT3 applies to how tracks are separated, not the cars in arcade mode. But in that GT3's case, there was a single class for race cars, one for rally cars, and then three various tiers of road cars, being organized as C/B/A/S/R. Perhaps I'd replace these with N200/N400/N600/Gr.3/Gr.B, with a healthy variety of cars in each, though it'd still just be a sampler. You could pick any class, and then, if you beat a race at every course layout for each difficulty, you get a prize car in your garage. So one for easy, one for medium, and one for hard. Not unlike how with some iterations of the license tests, you'd win one car for getting all bronzes, silvers, and/or golds.

EDIT3: But generally, I think arcade mode should just be a sampler of the game that's meant to be a quick way to pick up and play the game, rather than something with a lot of content. I would personally be fine if GT7's arcade mode was similar to that in GT Sport, though I really would like there to be incentives for clearing all layouts on the hardest difficulty, whether it's a prize car for each difficulty cleared, a piece of racing gear, a special paint or part you could then buy in GT Auto, or something else entirely, like a special skin if they added a skin system in addition to the updated livery editor.

Last edited:
I've yet to hear a compelling argument against all cars being available to drive in arcade mode. What's the point of modelling all these cars and including them in the game if the majority of people don't ever get to drive them, at all? They're cars, in a car game, let people at least try them out. If PD want to still lock the ability to own them, customize them, behind progression/grind then fine. But let people drive them.

I mean, test drives are a thing in the real world. If the game can go outside reality to where anyone can just buy race cars, why not extend test drives AKA racing in arcade mode to everything as well?

I liked GT4’s method. Arcade mode is filled with loads and loads of cars to choose from. I reckon you should be able to choose cars in Arcade mode that you must buy in GT Mode, but not allowed to choose cars that you can only unlockable cars from GT Mode until you have unlocked them, then they’ll appear in Arcade mode too

I liked GT4’s method. Arcade mode is filled with loads and loads of cars to choose from. I reckon you should be able to choose cars in Arcade mode that you must buy in GT Mode, but not allowed to choose cars that you can only unlockable cars from GT Mode until you have unlocked them, then they’ll appear in Arcade mode too
I could agree with that, too. But I definitely would also appreciate an incentive to clear every layout on every difficulty - that is, if they're gonna keep track of that like they did in GT Sport. If not, then I'd be fine with there being no reward, and instead, having arcade mode be something even simpler.

Last edited:
So that they'll play the game more?
How does not letting people drive cars make them play the game more? Casual players are not interested in grinding out 20 million credits but I'm sure a lot would like to give some of those cars a drive.

Heck, I would and I'm not a casual player. I played GTS for about 35 hours, 25 hours driving, and I didn't earn 20m credits in total. I earned 13,994,319 to be precise.

So what would be the negatives to letting me drive a 20m car in arcade mode? It's just a car, I've driven most of them in past games. I can drive it in other games.

People might actually play the game more if they can test drive a car and then decide they really want to permanently own it to customise it and use it in other modes.

Imagine if in real life the only way to drive most cars was to outright buy them first. It's be absurd.

If letting people drive any car in arcade mode meant they didn't want to play Career mode or race online, that's the problem of the desirability of those modes. Imagine if in sports games they got rid of exhibition/arcade modes because they though it put people off playing the career. Exhibition matches in FIFA with Barcelona and Liverpool? No sorry, you might not play the rest of the game then. Tranmere and Hull only. Quick game of golf in PGA? Nope, sorry, three holes only, don't want you getting carried away.

Last edited:
How does not letting people drive cars make them play the game more? Casual players are not interested in grinding out 20 million credits but I'm sure a lot would like to give some of those cars a drive.

Heck, I would and I'm not a casual player. I played GTS for about 35 hours, 25 hours driving, and I didn't earn 20m credits in total. I earned 13,994,319 to be precise.

So what would be the negatives to letting me drive a 20m car in arcade mode? It's just a car, I've driven most of them in past games. I can drive it in other games.

People might actually play the game more if they can test drive a car and then decide they really want to permanently own it to customise it and use it in other modes.

Imagine if in real life the only way to drive most cars was to outright buy them first. It's be absurd.

If letting people drive any car in arcade mode meant they didn't want to play Career mode or race online, that's the problem of the desirability of those modes. Imagine if in sports games they got rid of exhibition/arcade modes because they though it put people off playing the career. Exhibition matches in FIFA with Barcelona and Liverpool? No sorry, you might not play the rest of the game then. Tranmere and Hull only. Quick game of golf in PGA? Nope, sorry, three holes only, don't want you getting carried away.
Well, I know that’s not the point but I have played GTS for 351 hours and so far I have earned 66,034,924 Credits (but I still don’t have any of the 20mil cars because I spent all of my money on other cars)

Well, I know that’s not the point but I have played GTS for 351 hours and so far I have earned 66,034,924 Credits (but I still don’t have any of the 20mil cars because I spent all of my money on other cars)

Right, that does just highlight the point further though. Why put cars in the game that 99% of people will never drive? Because they're "unicorns"? Seems like a waste to me, and not realistic. In the real world they're unicorns because they're so rare, which drives up the price. In a game where every car can exist an unlimited amount of times, the cost and rarity is just false.

For me it remains simple, it's a car game for car enthusiasts, let them drive your cars, at least once. It's not going to spoil the rest of the game if it's well constructed.

It would have made sense in GTS, to unlock those high end cars at Level 20. The same level to unlock Nurburgring in Arcade Mode. At least granting access to them, in the Suggested/Loan Cars in Arcade Mode.

It would have made sense in GTS, to unlock those high end cars at Level 20. The same level to unlock Nurburgring in Arcade Mode. At least granting access to them, in the Suggested/Loan Cars in Arcade Mode.
I think the licenses and levels will be connected in some way, like you'd gain levels not through grinding, but by performing well in events. Much like in GT Sport (sans GT League) there would only be so much exp/credits you could gain from a given event, so you wouldn't be able to grind forever. It also could be a bit like how in GT6, there was that star system, and if you had enough stars, you could move onto the next level.

Anyway, upon reaching a certain level, perhaps a new license could become available, and upon completing said license, more events (and cars) become available. I'd imagine that you wouldn't be able to touch anything involving Gr.1 until you complete your Super License, for one example. I'm not sure if Gr.2 would also be under the Super License, or International A, perhaps alongside Gr.3. Or maybe Gr.2 could be IA, and Gr.3 could be for IB, with Gr.4 being for National A and Gr.B involving a separate rally license. Various levels of Gr.X and N-Series cars could be mixed in there somewhere, too, with all the Red Bull cars (except the X2014 Jr. and the Kart) being available after the Super License.

But anyway, I'd really try to discourage grinding somehow, and focus more on gaining actual, tangible experience. And one of the biggest things I hope for (other than realistic transmissions) is that the game's designed insofar players drive a very wide variety of cars, rather than taking some cars to multiple events, making some tunes to comply with regulations, and calling it a day.

Last edited:
I'm really in hope to play the championships without exiting to the menu after each races. Also I would be happy to see the points to be more exact when they're giving it to the finishing places. By this I mean I'm hoping for points like we see in the F1 (1st 25p; 2nd 18p; 3rd 15p; etc...), not something like 50p for 1st place; 40p for 2nd place; 30p for 3rd place etc...

Last edited:
I'd be quite keen to see a Group 5 class introduced.

Gr.4 is seen as the "entry level" racing class in GT Sport, but they're still quick cars, there's no bones about it. And if there's one thing I've learned both in real life and the virtual world, it's that sometimes slower is better when it comes to close, nail biting racing! Not agonizingly slow to the point where you're left contemplating life as you trundle down the front straight at Monza. Think along the lines of the Mazda Roadster Touring Car, or the Ginetta G40 GT5 in Project CARS 2. Low power, very low weight but most of my closest and most enjoyable races have been in such cars!

My vision for the class is that most cars would be around 190 - 280 bhp, and 900 - 1200kgs. All BoP'd of course. But what sort of cars could be modified to fit that bill that are either already in or likely to be in GT7?

Some examples I think could work are -
-Alfa 4C -Alpine A110
-Audi TTS -Citroen DS3 Racing
-Fiat 500 '08 -Honda Fit
-Mazda Atenza -Mini Cooper S
-Peugeot RCZ -Renault Clio
-Renault Clio -Toyota 86 GRMN
-Mazda Roadster Touring Car

Cars would be stripped and reinforced just like any racecar, with minimal modifications to the car's body aside from a bit of aero and tow hooks, bonnet pins, etc. Inside you'd see all the regular racecar mods. Seat, belts, gutted interior and a racing display. I reckon it would be a fun little class for some action that would serve as a change of pace from the current racing classes we have in Sport.

I'd be quite keen to see a Group 5 class introduced

100% agree. I’ve yet to see any FF layout GT4 cars in real life so I’d like to see the current front wheel drive cars from Gr.4 moved to Gr.5 to race against something like TCR? Could be an awesome little class

Last edited:
Back