The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

100% agree. I’ve yet to see any FF layout GT4 cars in real life so I’d like to see the current front wheel drive cars from Gr.4 moved to Gr.5 to race against something like TCR? Could be an awesome little class
TCR, now there's a whole bunch of cars I'd love to see in GT7!!

It does seem bizarre that GT never went all in on the ~300hp touring cars, even without a license for any official series it'd be pretty simple to do and have a huge lineup of cars. It's had a few here and there, and i remember the race mod BTCC replicas in GT2, but never a concerted effort to really make a large group of them and run events.

GTS seemed like the ideal place, with the motorsport focus. Instead they just went with the mixed bag GR.4.

I wish PD would come good with the Safety Car leading the race before the starts. As in the Etiquette videos, the cars pull off from a standing start behind the Safety Car.
Manual Formation Laps, are a feature I like in PC2. There's an option to skip the formation lap, but the field still do a rolling start side by side.

TCR, now there's a whole bunch of cars I'd love to see in GT7!!
I think they'd be most likely to join Gr.4, not that I'd complain. I think that much like Gr.1, the solution isn't to split the groups, but to have much more races that limit the eligible cars, like those daily races in GT Sport that limits players to the Group C racers within Gr.1, or that one 2020 Nations Cup round that limited players to the Corvette Gr.4 and the Cayman GT4 ClubSport at Laguna Seca.

On that note, I'd love for there to be a Gr.1 Manufacturers Series, as I think that since Gr.1 is for prototypes, plenty of automakers could have representation in Gr.1, between IMSA GTP, DPi, LMDh, LMP900, LMGTP, LM Hypercar, and so on. For example, Alfa Romeo could have the SE 048SP, while BMW has the V12 LMR, Chevrolet has the Corvette C7 DPi, Bentley has the Speed 8, and Aston Martin has the AMR-One.

I mean, I would say that I'd like it for Gr.1 itself to join the Manufacturers Series, but I don't know if there's enough overlap, even if we did include every potential prototype from those real-world classes I mentioned. So I think the Manufacturers Series could have a sub-series for each racing class, including Gr.4, Gr.3, Gr.2, Gr.1, and even Gr.B. For Gr.2, that could be especially interesting if they add modern DTM cars as well as the newer GT500 GR Supra, as that'd add five automakers to Gr.2, between Aston Martin, BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, and Toyota. Heck, maybe even one of Opel's last DTM racers could come along, too.

One thing I still wanna know is where the late-90s GT1 cars will fit in. I'm betting on either Gr.2 or Gr.1, especially since some of those cars were eventually put into prototype classes, like the Toyota GT-One TS020 and the Panoz Esperante GTR-1, the latter of which was later turned into the Panoz GTP. What's interested is that if we get the McLaren F1 GTR Longtail back, I don't think it'd go into Gr.3, so fans of the McLaren F1 could potentially have multiple classes of the F1!

But one thing we do know is that mid-90s and late-00s/early-10s GT1 cars would go into Gr.3, as we can see with the '95 F1 GTR and the Aston Martin DBR9. That could allow some interesting stuff into Gr.3, like the Toyota Supra LM, or the Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 LM - and I'd love to have the latter with its rare homologation road-going model, which I had the luck to see in-person once at the NY International Auto Show! Then there were the later GT1 cars from the late 00s/early 10s, though outside the Saleen S7-R and Maserati MC12, I'm not sure what else could really be added without seeming redundant. Sure, there's the GT1-spec Nissan GT-R, but we already have a GT-R GT3. I suppose if they really wanted to, they could add the GT1-spec Chevrolet Corvette C6 and the Lamborghini Mucielago? But I also really want that GT1-spec Diablo that we've seen in prior GT games, too...

Last edited:
I wonder which is the poor guy from PD, who have to read all of this :D

Anyway... here are my wishes:

1. As always. Better, in the sense of realistic and feelable, natural engine, exhaust sounds! Especially high pitching cars like Ferraris and Lamborghini, still don't sound as the real counterparts.

2. The graphic is already really good, but a good / realistic damage model would be soooo nice! Teared parts, demolished cars, ripped tyres etc.

3. The dealer (new and used) should really look like a dealer. So your Avatar can be walk in the store and see all new cars, but also an outside used car dealer. Can someone remember on Projekt Gotham Racing, (XBOX) they had this walking-into-a-dealer-mode.

4. A fully adjustable track editor!! Straights, angle of turns, geoforming, width of the track, inclinations and elevations.

5. A spectator mode for online races: You can basically place your avatar (cam) on a tribune, or along the wall/guardrail and watch the other players/cars as you would do it on a real track. It is simple to add and its more fun as it sounds. :)

6. Choosing/filtering for specific countrys of lobbys. I want to play and hear German/Austrian/Swiss player.

Last edited:
One of my biggest desire would be to expand on the fact that in GT Sport's settings menu for each car, you can see the actual transmission it has IRL, regardless of if you've selected AT/MT. I'd like to remove the option to select between AT/MT and have it depend on the car, as I believe this would add further character to each machine, as well as increase the immersion. We sort of already see this with cars that use a CVT, but I'd like it to be expanded to all cars - including the option to map the clutch to the controller, for cars that use a non-sequential manual. For example, I usually use manual transmission in GT Sport, but I never knew the Ferrari 458 was an automatic!

That's before we get into the fact that modern ATs can be more efficient than human timing.

The only other major desire I have is that GT7's campaign and online mode encourages players to use a wide variety of cars, perhaps via various regulations, rather than just having events that allow any car from a given class - which in turns leads to people just picking the "meta" cars and leaving everything else behind. I wanna see the majority of events be not unlike those Daily Races in GT Sport, where Gr.1 was featured, but more specifically, you were limited to the Group C racers within Gr.1. Stuff like that should be the majority.

Last edited:
For example, I usually use manual transmission in GT Sport, but I never knew the Ferrari 458 was an automatic!
Well, no. The Ferrari 458 can, as basically all cars with shift paddles, either be shifted with the paddles or let the car shift automaticaly. In contrast, there are cars with just an AT but no manual element like a sequential gearbox or the shift paddles. Belive me, I know because I drove the 458 once in real, as one of few Ferraris :)

One of my biggest desire would be to expand on the fact that in GT Sport's settings menu for each car, you can see the actual transmission it has IRL, regardless of if you've selected AT/MT. I'd like to remove the option to select between AT/MT and have it depend on the car, as I believe this would add further character to each machine, as well as increase the immersion.
Haha nope this will never happen. I would be livid if I was forced to use manual gears for certain cars.

It's fascinating how people come to some ideas. Beeing locked with only one posibility of gear shiftings would sooo many people, me included, totally p1ss off! As is said before, its still a game.

Its like the idea some people had with destroyed cars in online races "Everytime your car get damaged or even totally destroyed, it reamains in that status until you let it repair for Cr. of cours, the people would drive mor careful" :( yeeahhh sure!_not!

Last edited:
One of my biggest desire would be to expand on the fact that in GT Sport's settings menu for each car, you can see the actual transmission it has IRL, regardless of if you've selected AT/MT. I'd like to remove the option to select between AT/MT and have it depend on the car, as I believe this would add further character to each machine, as well as increase the immersion. We sort of already see this with cars that use a CVT, but I'd like it to be expanded to all cars - including the option to map the clutch to the controller, for cars that use a non-sequential manual. For example, I usually use manual transmission in GT Sport, but I never knew the Ferrari 458 was an automatic!
For this to work, the transmission setting needs to be treated as a driver aid (it isn't currently right now in GT, but GTR2 and Codies F1 does treat it as such - this is coming from an AT user) - which could mean that a lobby owner could disable it.

For this to work, the transmission setting needs to be treated as a driver aid (it isn't currently right now in GT, but GTR2 and Codies F1 does treat it as such - this is coming from an AT user) - which could mean that a lobby owner could disable it.
Yeah, I think realistically, there could be both an option to select between AT/MT for any car, and a “real” option, not unlike what we see for slipstream or traction on wet surfaces - or tire/fuel consumption rates, as another example.

I’d also do something similar with driving assists. You could enable them, but also set it so that the assists correspond to what assists the car has in real life. For example, I believe the McLaren F1 has no TCS.

Last edited:

upload_2021-1-22_0-4-39.png

I'd had loved they keep this one instead of the one seen in the final version.

1) telemetry w apps and smart phones
2) delete the steering wheel animation
3) more depth and settings for field of view for interior cockpit view

Two things.
A track maker like the one in GT6 (but with more features and also built in with the console, maybe letting you manually make elevation, change cinematic camera positioning and/or movement and some other good stuff.

The other thing would be either a "free camera" for replays or a built in "video/replay editor" similar to the one in TC2, it'd give content creators a ton of possibilities for stuff, this mixed with the track maker would also make for some nice combinations.

(edit: fixed spelling mistakes)

Last edited:
We NEED at least 1 mb for each decal in GT 7, if not more. I find 15kb extremely limiting. Even splitting layers, I still run into issues with the 15kb cap. Not to mention the fact with 1 mb, we could start to see some really detailed decals. Maybe there were limitations with the PS4 as to what could be rendered in the game? I dunno, but I'm sure that will be a none issue on PS5. Please consider increasing the per decal size cap!

Thank you!

Might have something to do with rendering every created livery for omnline races. I remember that was an issue concerning Project Cars 2.

We NEED at least 1 mb for each decal in GT 7, if not more. I find 15kb extremely limiting. Even splitting layers, I still run into issues with the 15kb cap. Not to mention the fact with 1 mb, we could start to see some really detailed decals. Maybe there were limitations with the PS4 as to what could be rendered in the game? I dunno, but I'm sure that will be a none issue on PS5. Please consider increasing the per decal size cap!

Thank you!

Might have something to do with rendering every created livery for omnline races. I remember that was an issue concerning Project Cars 2.

I think it's a mix of PS4 hardware and server limitations, be it rendering or storage.

I would love to see:

This close cockpit cam setting:

I prefer it if you can chose it.

DiRT_Rally_20190405001001.png.b3f995bc74e77155bf1f3b1782bb310c.png

0.jpg

I still just want a proper bonnet camera. Feels like 90% of the cars I've driven in GT Sport have a roof camera, and some of them are just not immersive at all, you feel like Mr Bean sat on the roof. Funnily enough, the Mini is one with that problem.

For Pete's sake, if Circuit Experience returns, please gift the car we use for each track. Makes total sense to spend the time using those cars, that we earn them upon each completion.

I wish that in GT7, which from the trailer showed a basic tuning mode, that we can be allowed to explore a more in-depth view of your vehicles engine. So essentially, you can enter a "MECHANIC" mode which gives you an in-depth look at you engine bay, let you swap out oil filters, air filters, turbos, superchargers, spark plugs, Etc.

Parts would be highlighted with halo rings showing you how to swap out parts and what benefit it would have while in your garage.

04ktqelojzf41.jpg

But it has to be very user friendly, for gamers that are not technically sound with their cars in the virtual world. I think this would add a nice customization feature and maybe points/xp system, allowing for some nice modding uniqueness apart from the generic looking menu we saw in GT7's trailer which looked very rough.

gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-32.jpg

I mean calling it tuning shop is really bad at the mo, and the name under-steer engineering screams unfinished game alert, lol.

Back