The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

I wish when we save Replays and share to Gran Turismo.com, we can watch the replays from the site. Other than having to upload to YouTube, I’d like to watch directly from my GT profile.

I wish when we save Replays and share to Gran Turismo.com, we can watch the replays from the site. Other than having to upload to YouTube, I’d like to watch directly from my GT profile.
Would want the replays to allow the players to freely adjust timestamps like usual video player first...

How that would work though? Replay files consist of input that only the game could understood, and adding a video rendering procedure to that doesn't seem like something viable to me.

How that would work though? Replay files consist of input that only the game could understood, and adding a video rendering procedure to that doesn't seem like something viable to me.
It’s a wish. I don’t have the understanding how to do such a thing. How does YouTube play the video? Do Sony have their own video sharing network, not supported by another company?
Sony seem like they have the capability to have their own video sharing network for all their games. With a wish, costs, viability, etc, are not a factor. Some wishes come true and some don’t. I‘d like to watch my replays on my phone or tablet while at work and not having to go through YouTube(for once).
Connecting to my PS4, via my mobile devices and watching my replays would be nice.

Here is my list:

0. By far the most important. Make getting Gold in Licensing HARD. Punish the driver. Getting golds should feel like playing Dark Souls. Veteran drivers should have to give it a few solid tries and shouldn't be able to get them first try. Get some of the E-sports GT drivers to set really solid times that take some effort to achieve.

1. More control over FFB settings and setup. Give us the type of control that we have become used to from sims like ACC, and AC. Maybe list them in and advanced FFB settings to keep it simple for new people but make them accessible for the veterans.

2. Remapping buttons on controllers/wheels. Direct support for as many of Fanatec's steering wheels as possible. The base knows which steering wheel is mounted and so should the game. And we should be able to remap buttons for all of them.

3. Races that integrate Tire Pressure and Tire Temp more directly and clearly. Make it visible to the driver. I understand the desire to keep a level playing field for some of the E-sports side of things, but more detailed tire models makes things more interesting I think. Could always be disable for pure competitive driving focused stuff that doesn't allow setup changes. ACC's system is a fantastic example of this. Allow the user to experiment and try to find the optimal tire pressures and temps depending on the tire compound. I think it would be incredible once you get into the more advanced areas of Career Mode where you have to start taking on more setup duties. Or have it as an option for people that want to get more technical from the beginning of the first races. Make the early stages of the career feel a bit more rough where you have to take on more tasks. Pay to fix your damaged cars, etc.

4. Wheel size and Offset but it looks like this has already been added!

5. More control over cockpit camera, FOV, and cam positions. Was great to be able to adjust it a bit in GT Sport but even more control would be excellent. More and more people drive on full cockpits with cockpit cam these days. HANDS THAT GRIP THE STEERING WHEEL PROPERLY. And bonus points if we can get a look around option like Project Cars did. Some subtle head movement goes a long way in making cockpit cam feel immersive.

6. Push Sony to support more of the popular high end sim racing gear. Playstations have multiple USB ports, treat it more like a PC since it is one anyways. Work with manufacturers like Heusinkveld to support some high end pedal options that can be connected separately from a wheelbase. I personally really like Fanatec's ecosystem but would be amazing to see even more options available on the high end like Simucube etc. Why not? Plenty of very well proven brands.

7. Decal/Livery store. Modern games need to make money for continued development. Similar to what Valve has done, allow livery/decal creators to upload premium options since some of these liveries take hours/days to make. PD can take a small cut and also pay the creator. I am happy to keep paying for a game I love and play a lot, and would happily do this to keep more content and development time put towards the game.

8. Historical races! I feel like PD and Yamauchi would do this so well. Make classic versions of tracks and have historic races setup for career mode. Senna/Prost at Suzuka and so on.

9. Damage system that acts as a credits sink. Whether there is visible damage I am not that concerned about, but having a system that punishes the player for damaging their car and have to pay to get it fixed after each completed race. Make me have to buy tires after I burn through a set, and brake pads. Once you get into professional level racing let me take on sponsors that can help cover the costs, provide tires, parts, etc. Make me pay to test my cars on track like I would pay for track days in real life in the early stages. Lots of really cool opportunities for making the career mode really rich and interesting.

10. Let me walk around my own garage and admire all my cars! Would love to be able to have a visual garage where I can walk around and checkout cars. Open the doors, check them out in detail, etc. Make my garage feel more like a real space that I can go around and interact with things and decorate with trophies and other things.

11. When tuning a car let me press the throttle to hear the car! This was really cool to see how it was integrated in Forza H 5 so you can hear what your car sounds like with the various parts.

12. Realistic Time Attack events! Have warmup sessions, and then have specific time attack sessions to set flying laps. GT has so many of the great historic Time Attack cars already. Bonus points for adding Under Suzuki's S15!

Last edited:
7. Decal/Livery store. Modern games need to make money for continued development. Similar to what Valve has done, allow livery/decal creators to upload premium options since some of these liveries take hours/days to make. PD can take a small cut and also pay the creator. I am happy to keep paying for a game I love and play a lot, and would happily do this to keep more content and development time put towards the game.
Why introduce monetisation for something that's already in the game and is working fine? There are a lot of good liveries made by the community.

A better change would be the way you search and see the liveries (especially the old ones), because in GT Sport you have to cycle through a lot of pages, some of them empty or with just one livery

Besides the ability for Arcade Mode to have all the cars in the game as rental cars (akin to Forza's Free Play modes, or even GT4's Arcade Mode), here's some other things I want in the game:

1. Given the renaming of most, if not, all race cars featured in the game, we should have plenty of default liveries as part of the car's color/livery selection in Arcade Mode and the car's respective dealerships in the Campaign Mode.

(In previous games, other livery variants of specific race cars were counted as separate cars. In GT7, a ton of race cars were renamed. Honestly, it would make sense to integrate these liveries into the same car like in the Project CARS franchise where we have a ton of liveries for that car in the livery selection before choosing to drive it. I would support this, but only for real liveries the car raced with, and Nations Cup liveries that were previously used in some cars (the Porsche 911 RSR is a good example). Polyphony can add more real-world liveries from a variety of race disciplines, such as IMSA, Blancpain, FIA WEC, Nurburgring 24h/VLN and much, much more to a bunch of new and/or existing race cars through DLC from updates.

The way how they'll name these liveries should be like for example: "BMW M6 GT3 Endurance Model '16 (#101 Walkenhorst Motorsport - 2016)", or even "Porsche 917K '70 (#2 J.W. Automotive - 1970)" showcasing the car number, racing team/sponsor and the year that livery was raced in.

It would even change minor details like the headlight covers/colors, wheels and tire branding, depending on the livery, but this way, we wouldn't have to worry about having one model and just one livery only. With how it is in GT Sport, especially with the Group 2 cars, it feels like you're racing with the same car all over again unless you recreate the other liveries, and that even the AI cannot use custom liveries anywhere, be it Arcade or Campaign Mode.

Any liveries that Polyphony doesn't add can be recreated either way in the Livery Editor, or if we want to make our own original ones.
)

2. Return of Machine Tests.

(I would honestly love a return of the Machine Tests in GT7 where you can test a car all over Special Stage Route X to test your car's top speed and/or acceleration times. It's becoming stressful to record footage of driving it on your PS4 or PS5's hard drive and trying to eyeball the times and record them on a laptop or your phone's notes.)

3. Licensed aerodynamic dress-up parts/customization.

(Having been a die-hard Forza fan for a long time, I noticed that over the years, especially in GT5 and GT6, Gran Turismo has been lacking in licensed custom aero-parts such as front and rear bumpers, side skirts, wings, hoods, all the way to wide body kits and other attachments, only using basic and generic designs. I know wide body kits are coming to GT7, but let's say like, if I want a Liberty Walk body kit on a Nissan GT-R or a Lamborghini Aventador, or if I want to put C-West parts on a Nissan S15, I'm sure this would be the most viable option. Although this could cost more and will definitely require licensing to include in the game - not to mention, require extra data to apply them on existing cars, I believe a number of cars could benefit from this.

Regarding Racing Modifications, you will be doing your own RM's, as you will be manually choosing your custom aero dress-up parts, wheels and even your own racing livery, besides performance upgrades. That's why it's not returning to GT7 because you have more complete freedom into creating your own take on it, the idea being turning an ordinary version of a car into an unrestricted, track-ready race car.
)

4. When in "My Home" or the Tuning Shop, give players the ability to listen to the sound of the car.

(Recently while I was playing Forza Horizon 5, there is this feature where you can take a listen of the sound of the car as you apply upgrades to it, the most notable being air intake, exhaust, camshaft and forced induction upgrades. I believe GT7 can also benefit from this, and while we're yet to hear how the car's sound may change after applying like a fresh new exhaust, it's quite tedious to start a race just to hear the new sound. Which is why this needs to be a feature you can use while in the Tuning Shop and/or in the "My Home" feature.)

5. Don't leave out the "Max Speed", "Acceleration", "Braking", "Cornering" and "Stability" stats scale of the cars.

(With the PP system returning for GT7, I honestly think Polyphony shouldn't abandon the cars' stats scale from GT Sport, as this could easily help players compare cars to see which suits their driving style better. I also think there should be a feature that could allow players to compare between other cars, and to put a good example, if your car is put to the same PP level, like for example, 500PP, you will want to compare multiple cars with the same PP, but look at their stats very closely and study them to see which would have a better advantage at speed, acceleration, braking or handling.)

6. Cars in this game shouldn't be more expensive than Cr. 5,000,000.

(Arguably one of the most confusing aspects of the cars in the game would have to be the pricing. Having to grind up to Cr. 20,000,000 for just one car is already ridiculous enough as that really takes up a lot of time.

Having requested that all the cars in the game should be in Arcade Mode, readily available for use as rental cars, this does give opportunities to try cars before buying them in the Campaign Mode. But honestly, without that option available in GT5, GT6 and GT Sport in Arcade Mode, you'll really have to grind for them, otherwise you'll never get to drive them unless you're really lucky in the Daily Workout roulette.

That's why a good suggestion is to get the cars to be cheaper, up to Cr. 5,000,000, which is manageable, but not too generous. The Campaign Mode should be where you work hard for the grind just to get your dream cars, not the whole game.
)

7. EV's should get electric motor upgrades and have the ability to have their transmissions tuned.

(Another thing that Gran Turismo could take a page from Forza is that you should be able to upgrade the electric motor(s) on an EV in the Tuning Shop and tune its transmission - final drive. Like say, if I want to upgrade the motor of a Porsche Taycan Turbo S from 751hp to around 1,000hp, that should be possible, and I should be able to stretch the final drive to make it reach a higher speed. Assuming nitrous returns as an upgrade part in GT7, electric vehicles should get something like KERS/ERS, which is pretty much the same except you store kinetic energy from braking into the battery and use it to get a boost in acceleration.

Fun fact: Despite the Porsche Taycan Turbo S showing "D" on the gear indicator on the HUD, it actually has a two-speed gearbox.
)

8. Increase the resale value of cars to 50% of the car's original price, but for cars won as rewards, this should be at least 25%.

(In the Gran Turismo games, selling a car will come at a resale value of 30% of its original value, while cars won as rewards from like say, prizes from the Campaign or Daily Workout rewards cannot be sold, only removed. I believe that they should change the formula where if you buy a car, you should be able to sell it for 50% of its original value, upgrades and customization included, and for cars won as prizes/rewards, the resale value will drop to around 25%, but still include any upgrades and/or customization.)

9. Allow us to turbocharge and/or supercharge any car.

(In older Gran Turismo games, on some cars, you can only have one option, or none at all. I believe all cars should have forced induction upgrades as they see fit. Like if you want to put a turbo upgrade on a Dodge Viper, or a supercharger on a Maserati GranTurismo S, the possibilities are endless.)

10. There should be something similar to Forza's Auction House in any of the three dealerships (Brand Central, Used Cars and Brighton Antiques).

(Part of the beauty of collecting cars is to also put them up for auction where other players can try their hand in bidding for them in order to buy them at a requested price from the seller. This is why Gran Turismo can take inspiration from Forza's "Auction House" where if you want to put up your car in sale in an extraordinary way, you can list it up for sale and players can keep bidding until it's sold to the highest bidder by the time expires, or until it is bought out completely. Of course, this has to be done in a car's respective dealership, whether it's Brand Central, the Used Car Dealership or Brighton Antiques.

GT7 might still have micro-transactions in some way (being able to optionally buy cars using real money if grinding is not your thing), but it is in no way predatory like free-to-play games or even that of Fortnite, but I believe cars should also have a "rarity" stat in the car statistics scale, or a designation whether it's "common", "uncommon", "rare", "epic" or "legendary" like in Forza to tell the desirability of the car and how it will fare in the Auction House, given the sense that it is more of a "car collecting game" compared to its predecessors.
)

Last edited:
2. Return of Machine Tests.

(I would honestly love a return of the Machine Tests in GT7 where you can test a car all over Special Stage Route X to test your car's top speed and/or acceleration times. It's becoming stressful to record footage of driving it on your PS4 or PS5's hard drive and trying to eyeball the times and record them on a laptop or your phone's notes.)
Probably also provide dyno tests too in that. But yeah, if GT won't provide car statistics, then the game should let the player record the cars' performance other than top speed (they did before in previous games) or lap times, like 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc, either by driving or dyno.
5. Don't leave out the "Max Speed", "Acceleration", "Braking", "Cornering" and "Stability" stats scale of the cars.

(With the PP system returning for GT7, I honestly think Polyphony shouldn't abandon the cars' stats scale from GT Sport, as this could easily help players compare cars to see which suits their driving style better. I also think there should be a feature that could allow players to compare between other cars, and to put a good example, if your car is put to the same PP level, like for example, 500PP, you will want to compare multiple cars with the same PP, but look at their stats very closely and study them to see which would have a better advantage at speed, acceleration, braking or handling.)
PD for some reason is really adverse on implementing car stats like this, where actually turns out that it's genuinely important. The most accurate representation of car stats GT did so far was actually GT1's Arcade Mode (GT2 had too much car getting full top speed/acceleration like GTS' top speed stats and somehow Alto had full acceleration like wtf, GT3 only had the top speed part varying - at least the version I had).
6. Cars in this game shouldn't be more expensive than Cr. 5,000,000.

(Arguably one of the most confusing aspects of the cars in the game would have to be the pricing. Having to grind up to Cr. 20,000,000 for just one car is already ridiculous enough as that really takes up a lot of time.

Having requested that all the cars in the game should be in Arcade Mode, readily available for use as rental cars, this does give opportunities to try cars before buying them in the Campaign Mode. But honestly, without that option available in GT5, GT6 and GT Sport in Arcade Mode, you'll really have to grind for them, otherwise you'll never get to drive them unless you're really lucky in the Daily Workout roulette.

That's why a good suggestion is to get the cars to be cheaper, up to Cr. 5,000,000, which is manageable, but not too generous. The Campaign Mode should be where you work hard for the grind just to get your dream cars, not the whole game.
)
The only ones that are already cheapened significantly so far are Group C cars, now only Cr. 1,000,000 from Cr. 4,500,000. Also F1 cars, where @08 has Cr. 2,000,000 price, compared to F2007's Cr. 12,500,000 and F10's 10,000,000.
8. Increase the resale value of cars to 50% of the car's original price, but for cars won as rewards, this should be at least 25%.

(In the Gran Turismo games, selling a car will come at a resale value of 30% of its original value, while cars won as rewards from like say, prizes from the Campaign or Daily Workout rewards cannot be sold, only removed. I believe that they should change the formula where if you buy a car, you should be able to sell it for 50% of its original value, upgrades and customization included, and for cars won as prizes/rewards, the resale value will drop to around 25%, but still include any upgrades and/or customization.)
I think I'd also like if the car selling is fleshed out like, taking into account for the car's mileage, maintenance record (ex: oil change), and the upgrades or parts that is currently equipped into the car (intercooler, wheels, etc.). Also Used Cars can place cars sold by players there, or also giving some pre-determined used car list other traits such as fitted tuning parts, but make it as a rare addition like cars with little mileage.

Ideas for both Gran Turismo 7 and the franchise more generally. Some are original, some are derivative. Apologies for being a bit too hopeful.

1 — SPECIAL SPONSOR DECALS:

‘Special Sponsor Decals’ would be awarded to a player to affix to their car and driving suit (both optional) when they meet, and maintain, certain requirements. Once "signed" the player would earn extra credits from career races. This is a common feature in ball sport videogames. Requirements to receive and maintain sponsor bonuses could manifest when the player maintains streaks in career mode such as podiums, clean races, fastest laps, qualifying performances (if it returns) and performing despite vehicle handicaps. Sponsorships could be immediately revoked if a driver violently rams into opponents. ‘Special Sponsor Decal’ designs could be manufacturers themselves, real world companies or fictional companies depending on what is easiest for Polyphony Digital in regards to licencing. Sponsor bonuses would function in a similar way to the clean race and handicap credit bonuses in Gran Turismo Sport. This would mean that rather than decals and liveries being purely cosmetic, they would be functional adding a level of realism to career mode. It would also incentivise better sportsmanship by players.

2 — FULLY CUSTOMISABLE, SAVEABLE & SHAREABLE RACES / CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The customisable arcade races in Gran Turismo Sport were great. They could be made even better if complete control was given to the player to select each of the oppositions cars, rivals, liveries of opposition cars, tuning of opposition cars. One flaw of Gran Turismo Sport was the inability to save these custom races. Players should be able to link multiple custom races into a championship series. This would substantially add to the longevity of the game. It should be possible to create and allocate ‘Legacy rivals’ (described below) in these custom events. Custom Arcade Events should be shareable online much like liveries.

3 — LEGACY RIVAL(S) / RIVAL CREATOR:

Just like Pokemon, when a player starts the game they come across a driver like ‘Gary’. The ‘Gary’ rival would first crop up in the opening event (such as the first Go-Kart races) and would re-appear in seminal competitions throughout the game. Legacy rivals would have their own helmet and suit. The legacy rival would invariably be the most competitive AI opponent in the game. The legacy rival would progress through the game like the player. In Arcade mode players should be able to create their own rivals with control over name, nationality, AI rating, helmet and suit design. Rivals would serve to humanise the AI.

aps,504x498,small,transparent-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

4 — BARN FINDS:

When a player completes a tier of events (e.g. Novice, National A, Super) an animation of a barn door or decrepit garage opening takes place revealing a ‘Barn Find’ prize car with a special patina livery. Players would then have the option to leave the car in its original condition, restore it, or sell it. For example when a player completes all the Novice events they could receive a 1963 Corvette with a special patina livery. When a player completes all the Super tier events they could get a Ferrari 250 GT with a special patina livery. Barn Finds could feature real world examples such as those that appear at Pebble Beach. After writing this I have seen that Forza have done something along these lines.

https---prod.static9.net.au-fs-2900b52f-3ee3-4629-bf33-321153ca0d66.jpeg

5 — GO KARTS:

In my opinion the first event that a player takes part in during the career mode of Gran Turismo games should be a Go-Kart race using an entry level kart such as the 'GT Junior' from Gran Turismo 6. As a prize for completing this event the player should be given a small amount of money to purchase their first car. This event would not be repeatable to ensure the player is restricted in what they can buy. Each tier of events (e.g. Novice, National A, Super) would feature a more advanced Go-Kart series.

6 — BRING BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The Championship option in Gran Turismo 4 was more engaging than a series of stand-alone events. Bring it back.

7 — BRING BACK QUALIFYING:

Qualifying was a great way to refresh ones memory of a track. As the game progresses the qualifying times would become more difficult. Qualifying would be restricted to a set time period. It would be optional as it was in Gran Turismo 4.

8 — INCREASE CAR MAINTAINANCE REQUIREMENTS:

To make the car culture experience that Kaz talks about more tangible the cars in the game should require maintenance. This should be more than just an oil change or a car wash. Cars should require regular services at GT Auto. As a cars milage climbs it should lose power until it undergoes an engine refurbishment at GT Auto. If a car is damaged during a race (not visually but mechanically) it should require repairs at GT Auto. This last point would incentivise better driving. To ensure the game is not too difficult mechanical damage could only occur in the higher tier categories (International B and above?).

9 — BRING BACK MANUFACTURER EVENTS

Gran Turismo 4 had a long play life due to all the manufacturer events. Bring them back.

10 — VERBAL DESCRIPTIONS IN CAR DEALERSHIPS.

In Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 the unprompted verbal descriptions for the cars were great. Forza Motorsport 4 had a similar feature with Jeremy Clarkson. Both were a bit cheesy but I think PD could do this with a lot of class. Such descriptions could be done by voice actors with accents from the country of each manufacturers origin describing each car as though they were either historians or a car salesperson. Alternatively they could be voiced by actual people involved with the manufacturer.

11 — FULLY FILTERABLE FASTEST LAP TIMES

The fastest lap function should be filterable both locally and online. Details such as manufacturer, model, tires used, specific tuning points, assists (e.g. ABS, traction control), controller / steering wheel and nation of driver should all be visible and filterable. Additionally it should be possible to isolate fastest laps from time trial replays.

Last edited:
2 — FULLY CUSTOMISABLE, SAVEABLE & SHAREABLE RACES / CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The customisable arcade races in Gran Turismo Sport were great. They could be made even better if complete control was given to the player to select each of the oppositions cars, rivals, liveries of opposition cars, tuning of opposition cars. One flaw of Gran Turismo Sport was the inability to save these custom races. Players should be able to link multiple custom races into a championship series. This would substantially add to the longevity of the game. It should be possible to create and allocate ‘Legacy rivals’ (described below) in these custom events. Custom Arcade Events should be shareable online much like liveries.
Yeah true, gotta evolve GTS Arcade's Custom Races into full-blown Event Creators. I thought of creating more option to create one/multiple race and in single/championship format instead of linking multiple custom races, and I'd even long for title card and/or prize cars for the shared events online.
6 — BRING BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS:

The Championship option in Gran Turismo 4 was more engaging than a series of stand-alone events. Bring it back.
More like Championship in every single GT other than GTS, the only game without championship format. Hell, GT1 was filled with only Championships!
7 — BRING BACK QUALIFYING:

Qualifying was a great way to refresh ones memory of a track. As the game progresses the qualifying times would become more difficult. Qualifying would be restricted to a set time period. It would be optional as it was in Gran Turismo 4.
It should be as an inherent requirement for more realism, adding more structured format for events. The wrong part is people thinking GT never implemented qualifying.
8 — INCREASE CAR MAINTAINANCE REQUIREMENTS:

To make the car culture experience that Kaz talks about more tangible the cars in the game should require maintenance. This should be more than just an oil change or a car wash. Cars should require regular services at GT Auto. As a cars milage climbs it should lose power until it undergoes an engine refurbishment at GT Auto. If a car is damaged during a race (not visually but mechanically) it should require repairs at GT Auto. This last point would incentivise better driving. To ensure the game is not too difficult mechanical damage could only occur in the higher tier categories (International B and above?).
I guess as there are some who are annoyed by the car maintenance aspect of the game, I think the game should give a choice to let the game automatically takes care of your car after each part reaches specific condition, such as Oil, Engine, and Body Rigidity respectively reaching Poor condition, the game automatically performs Oil Change, Engine Overhaul, and Restore Rigidity, like after race for example. It'll still take up your money as usual, except when you don't have enough Cr.
9 — BRING BACK MANUFACTURER EVENTS

Gran Turismo 4 had a long play life due to all the manufacturer events. Bring them back.
Technically all GT games do have manufacturer events, but it's not listed at the Dealership (honestly, it's a disappointment that brands take back seat at GTs after 4, only served to group cars), like Vitz Race in GT5's Beginner, and that in GT6 there's One-Make Races. Don't think it'd be implemented in GT7, but I'm glad that brands take significance back in GTS via Brand Central.

I remember when I was young and playing the original Gran Turismo, my friends and I would go to each other’s houses with our trusty PS1 memory cards (that’s primitive external storage to you young ones! 😂) and we’d compare garages! A feature like this would be nice, where I could have a “tour” around a friends garage

Regarding liveries (and I know this isn't a big thing with most players of the game).....I'd like to be able to rename the folders in my favorites tab. Or have the ability to move the files from 1 folder to another. But being able to rename the folders would be an improvement, imo.

• Virtual Race Engineer

The game Project Cars 2 had a superb feature called ‘Race Engineer’ and for anybody that hasn’t played PC2 you’d enter this menu and basically tell your virtual engineer what was wrong with the car set up - under/over steer etc - and the game would suggest what could be changed to help you ‘dial’ the car in.

With the wealth of customisation that has always been available in GT I’d bet a lot more people would make use of the tools at hand with this Virtual Race Engineer.

As a more realistic wish, I'm hoping Genesis debuts in Gran Turismo, joins the Manufacturers Series, and gets a Gr.1 car with their VGT.

EDIT: I'm also hoping more future VGTs are a bit more experimental, and more importantly to me, either fill in a gap in their racing lineup (e.g. lacking a Gr.3 or a Gr.1 car) or offer something interesting from a game mechanic perspective, like DRS. I can't say I'm comparatively impressed by say, the VGTs from BMW, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and Toyota, as they all just seem like modified versions of other concept cars they had at the time, where as the VGTs from Audi, Mazda, and Nissan feel much more interesting. (Like seriously, I don't even think the Daihatsu VGT has any flavor text!) So far, with the Lamborghini and Genesis VGTs, I'd say this is a reasonable expectation of mine. I really hope more automakers join VGT, especially Ferrari, but I'd also love to see the possibility of automakers that already entered one VGT try entering another, like with Jaguar, and to some extent Alpine and Mercedes-Benz.

EDIT2: Speaking of VGTs, another expectation that I have that I think is realistic, is that all VGTs have a cockpit view. I think Kaz/PD mentioned something about this some years ago, too. I'd like all cars, VGT or not, to have a cockpit view, actually, as I believe the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept lacks a cockpit. Why not have PD ask CALTY to draw one up? Speaking of Toyotas and cockpit views, I'd also entirely remove the Gr.4 version of the GR Supra, and replace it with either an actual GT4 version, or a different Gr.4 version that doesn't simply use the road car's cockpit.

Last edited:
Probably been said a few times and also a trigger for a lot of people here but a rewind button to easily practice the same corner over and over.

I kinda want Circuit Experience to be usable with any car (time determined by PP perhaps), to differentiate it further from License for example.
In that case, what about the leaderboards? Certain tracks would just have one specific car dominating.
??????? Not only is it not a specific corner as in its often sets of corners but its also not your car of choice? In what world is it comparable?
Yeah, a set of corners. With a few exceptions a full lap doesn’t even take that long on most tracks and you’ll get a new attempt at whatever corner is troubling you on every lap (or even quicker than that in most of CE, if full laps are too time consuming for you), while improving on the rest of the lap.

Not only is it comparable, it’s also better than the rewind system.

I'm gonna add more suggestions that I feel should be in the game:

1. Qualifying and practice should be available as options for the race in both Arcade Mode and the Campaign Mode.

Qualifying has been in GT Sport in some way, but only limited to Sport mode, as far as I'm concerned. It should also be available as an option in both Arcade Mode custom races and championships, and in the Campaign Mode races as well, not to mention the inclusion of a practice mode to simulate a full race weekend. There should be incentives, where you get extra credits bonuses for completing a practice session and for qualifying (up to 50% more credits and XP for pole position).

There should also be more incentives, such as performing a "hat-trick" (pole, fastest lap and race win) or a "grand slam" (pole, fastest lap, led every lap and race win), offering larger credits and XP bonuses.

2. Give players the ability to listen to the sound of the car while in the Garage, Tuning Shop or GT Auto.

Recently in games like NFS Heat and to an extent, Forza Horizon 5, you can listen to the sound of your car as you upgrade it, with engine parts such as the exhaust, air intake, camshaft and any forced induction upgrades having a big impact on not only your car's performance, but also even the sound as well, since it's becoming very tedious to start another race just to hear the changes made to your car's engine sound.

3. Daily Workout prizes should be revamped compared to GT Sport.

GT Sport's Daily Workout system was seen as a great way to obtain new cars everyday, but you only get one in four chances in a daily roulette spin of a random selection of cars (even down to random colors/liveries) in a single day, and the more cars you have, the more it will almost feel rigged to give you an unwanted duplicate (albeit in a different color/livery) or something unimpressive, to the point where getting something you don't have, or any of these expensive ultra-rare cars, will seem all but impossible.

GT7's Daily Workout system should change in a manner where you still get awarded one of four cars, but you have the option to choose the one you want, and in which color/livery it comes with. If it's a new car, it gains an entry on your Index, and the car in question should become permanently available in Arcade Mode as a rental car with all of its default colors/liveries, akin to GT4. If the cars awarded are all duplicates, you can sell them for 25% of the original resale value as opposed to just simply removing them from your Garage; see my previous post about the resale value of cars.

4. There should be a more detailed pause menu.

Not a lot of people are going to care about this, but the pause menu for GT7 should be a little bit more detailed, such as adding options to take race photos directly from there, as well as showing critical information such as the current race grid and standings.

5. GT7 needs newer and more unique main menu music.

Please, no more Lenny Ibizarre. Especially "Melancholia". We don't need his music in GT7 anymore. His music is quite terrible, but still far superior to Black pink (please, we also don't need them in GT7 either, or any video game in general). But then again, we need a mix of more original and licensed music that sounds elegant and true to the theme of the game, while the diverse selection of jazz, lounge, house and bossanova should stay, perhaps music from Boards of Canada will definitely suit GT7 well for sure.

6. One major difference between the PS4 and PS5 versions should be VR support.

Support for the original PS VR should work just as it would like in GT Sport where you have the VR Tour mode in Arcade Mode where you can race head-to-head, do time trials, or Forzavista your car in a VR showroom. As for the PS5 version, since the PS VR2 is still in development, PS5 owners would have wait a little longer, unfortunately but I believe the end result will definitely be more mind-blowing compared to the original PS VR on the PS4 version of the game, to the point where VR could support literally the entire game. Just take care not to keep moving your head a lot when doing Forzavista on the VR showroom, or in the Garage, Brand Central or Brighton Antiques and you'll be fine.

7. You should be able to switch between car-specific colors/liveries in the Livery Editor.

In Forza's livery editor, you can switch between car-specific default colors and liveries when painting the car, but in GT Sport, that's not possible, whatever color/livery you got your car in, you can't switch between default colors/liveries unless you buy the car again in that specific color/livery, which is really tedious and promotes excessive grinding. Say, if I got a McLaren F1, but in a different color than I hoped it would be in, like say "Mercedes Brilliant Silver" instead of "Historic Orange", I should have the option to change it to that color in the Livery Editor.

8. The ability to look around the car in chase cams with the right stick should be re-implemented again.

The ability to look around the car through the chase camera by rotating the right stick, as seen on GT Sport's closed beta, is a feature that was strangely removed from the final game for unknown reasons. It provides a level of accessibility to check for oncoming cars that are close to you, as well as to check for any scratches or dents on the car as well. Added bonus: it also allows you to admire your car if you're just casually strolling around the track.

I would very much like the possibility in the GT Auto, in addition to the carwash, oil change, etc., also the roller bench where you can test the tuning changes and at the same time, be able to modify the electronic control unit, choosing the torque curves etc ...

I remember there was a very old game, maybe PS2 or pc, that had the ability to do something like that, but I don't remember the name ... :confused:

I would very much like the possibility in the GT Auto, in addition to the carwash, oil change, etc., also the roller bench where you can test the tuning changes and at the same time, be able to modify the electronic control unit, choosing the torque curves etc ...

I remember there was a very old game, maybe PS2 or pc, that had the ability to do something like that, but I don't remember the name ... :confused:
NFS Underground 2 had it but it was primitive to say the least. ECU tuning is very hard for the untrained and therefore pointless to include in a GT game. People want to get in and drive with the optimum setting straight out of the box.

Latest Posts

Back