The GT7 Wish list (Read OP)

NFS Underground 2 had it but it was primitive to say the least. ECU tuning is very hard for the untrained and therefore pointless to include in a GT game. People want to get in and drive with the optimum setting straight out of the box.
Was that the game players could click on the graph and adjust the power/torque curves? If not, I remember an old game like that.

Tweaks to the decal system:

A1A09F91-9C4E-4860-894B-D68FB71CAFBE.jpeg

1. Being able to rename decals. You could rename decals as some names don’t actually relate to the actual design.

2. Being able to sort the decals, either by date or alphabetical. Would make life a lot easier

3. Being able to search for a decal you have by name. I have 900+ decals and would love to be able to search for stuff

Speaking of the decal system, I'd like to be able to repost stuff more than once. It could be done within reason, say limiting you to post a specific thing only once per day to help combat spam. It would help people get their content out there easier.

I'd also like to see stats on how many "add to collection" and how many "views" I've gotten on any of my content.

Lastly, not related to decals or the sharing features, I really want a music track skip feature and a way to disable songs I don't like from playing. Since we can't have custom music soundtracks anymore, at least allow us to skip and/or disable songs we don't like.

Last edited:
A little bit more of suggestions once again:

1. Top speed physics should be re-worked on some cars.

That being said, I've said many times before that certain cars in the game are almost too slow - examples being the McLaren F1, almost going nowhere near its 386km/h top speed, and also the Bugatti Veyron, 10km/h short of its 407km/h top speed as well. Some cars are also unusually fast, like the C7 Corvette Stingray, being able to reach 354km/h, and even the McLaren P1 GTR which can hit speeds of over 420+km/h, exceeding Bugatti Chiron territory.

Perhaps there is something flawed with Gran Turismo's aerodynamics simulation, or perhaps, some cars really do have their manufacturer-tested and claimed top speeds as a true understatement from their actual potential. I don't know, because mere mortals like most of us here may almost never get to drive these cars in the real world, much less, push them to their highest possible speeds.

2. A lot of cars, especially race cars in the Gr. 1 class, should use their realistic specs. This goes to some other cars too.

There's no way a Mazda 787B actually has 791hp, nor do the Jaguar XJR-9, Mercedes Sauber C9 and Nissan R92CP have at least 920 to 940hp. This is also recurring on other such Group C prototypes like the Nissan R89C, Peugeot 905, Toyota Minolta 88C-V and even going as far as the more recent prototype cars in older games such as the Audi R8 - LMP, Bentley Speed 8, BMW V12 LMR, the three Pescarolos and the Toyota GT-One TS020 where they have these absurd horsepower levels of around 800 to 900+, where in fact they are LMP900 cars, not Group C cars anymore.

I'm just really confused as to why Polyphony back then would give these Group C and LMP900 prototypes such insane horsepower levels, where in fact, they never competed with such power in real life (except maybe, during qualifying sessions). Good thing in GT7, the Mercedes CLK-LM fits right well in the Gr. 2 class with its specs matching the actual car (as opposed to back then, it also had around 800hp, just like some of the other longtail GT1's, in order to keep up with prototypes, because in real life, the prototypes will absolutely decimate them).

Hybrid Gr. 1 race cars in GT Sport don't count the hybrid power, as they only count those of the ICE itself, so this means that the following cars actually have the following:

Audi R18 (Audi Sport Team Joest) '16 - 995hp (526hp ICE, 469hp hybrid system)
Nissan GT-R LM NISMO '15 - 1,250hp (604hp ICE, 646hp hybrid system)
Porsche 919 Hybrid (Porsche Team) '16 - 900hp (500hp ICE, 400hp hybrid system)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 - 829hp (529hp ICE, 300hp hybrid system)
Toyota TS050 - Hybrid (Toyota Gazoo Racing) '16 - 986hp (506hp, 480hp hybrid system)

Another is that one VGT in particular, the Zagato IsoRivolta VGT, was originally claimed by the manufacturer to use a 997hp Callaway twin-turbo V8. According to the wiki, it probably uses a Nissan engine (the same as the 2008 GT-R GT500), from what I heard? Oh, and not to mention the Citroen GT, as the real car has 646hp and weighs 1400kg, not 500hp and 1450kg.

3. There should be a volume slider for forced induction sounds.

Suppose you add like a turbocharger upgrade for your car in the game, you'll want to hear it spool and eventually hear the blow-off valve as you let go of the throttle. In GT Sport, especially playing it as a backwards-compatible title on the PS5, and with 3D audio, you can barely even hear the blow-off valve or supercharger whines on certain cars anymore. If they can do that for the transmission whines, what about forced induction sounds?

Last edited:
Probably may be a little gimmick, trivial to the gampeplay (yet a bit demanding in performance), but I would like that GT7 features some kind of "flashes", like the ones that forza horizon 5 emphasizes. (Btw, I'd like to see the 190E in GT7)

c4.png

It's not the first time we could see these effects being present in their recent graphical engine, with some subtle appearances in the unveiling trailer of the Peugeot L750R VGT (not mentioning that they're actually visible in gameplay during night time).

c1.png c2.png

They should appear when the surfaces are exposed to direct sunlight or a strong light source, highlighting the detailing in the car models. Pairing them with the new lens flare effects (revealed in GT7) would add a dramatic contrast to their natural artistic direction choices.

c3_2.png

That being said, I've said many times before that certain cars in the game are almost too slow - examples being the McLaren F1, almost going nowhere near its 386km/h top speed, and also the Bugatti Veyron, 10km/h short of its 407km/h top speed as well. Some cars are also unusually fast, like the C7 Corvette Stingray, being able to reach 354km/h, and even the McLaren P1 GTR which can hit speeds of over 420+km/h, exceeding Bugatti Chiron territory.

Perhaps there is something flawed with Gran Turismo's aerodynamics simulation, or perhaps, some cars really do have their manufacturer-tested and claimed top speeds as a true understatement from their actual potential. I don't know, because mere mortals like most of us here may almost never get to drive these cars in the real world, much less, push them to their highest possible speeds.
I just wanted to pck up on this, for a couple of different reasons.

The McLaren F1 as it left the factory couldn't hit 386kph, it has a rev limiter that tops it out at around 230mph (370kph).

I wouldn't put much stock into cars coming very close to thier real life top speed but not quite matching it or exceeding it by a mph or two. Different conditions can bring different results, so you have to allow for some margin for error.

However Gran Turismo has pretty iffy resistance phsyics at high speeds and some cars hit a certain pace don't appear to be hitting any simulated wind resistance at all regardless of the sound effects. That or the calculation for power over wind resistance is screwed up once you cars bhp exceeds a certain amount, which would explain why a car like the McLaren F1 is perhaps not as fast as it should be, but more powerful cars can go quicker (with the right gearing).

Last edited:
I just wanted to pck up on this, for a couple of different reasons.

The McLaren F1 as it left the factory couldn't hit 386kph, it has a rev limiter that tops it out at around 230mph (370kph).

I wouldn't put much stock into cars coming very close to thier real life top speed but not quite matching it or exceeding it by a mph or two. Different conditions can bring different results, so you have to allow for some margin for error.

However Gran Turismo has pretty iffy resistance phsyics at high speeds and some cars hit a certain pace don't appear to be hitting any simulated wind resistance at all regardless of the sound effects. That or the calculation for power over wind resistance is screwed up once you cars bhp exceeds a certain amount, which would explain why a car like the McLaren F1 is perhaps not as fast as it should be, but more powerful cars can go quicker (with the right gearing).
Another car that seems to have this problem is the Citroen GT. The claimed top speed of the V8-powered road car is at around 340km/h, but in GT Sport, it will not even get close to 320km/h. It doesn't mean that if a car were to have a flat floor or a huge-a** diffuser that it would nearly kill its top speed potential, so is the thinking here.

Lots of great ideas there, I love the one in previous pages about having a better visualisation/organization of the garage (group cars you like, being able to inspect them, view inside, etc...).

I'm late to the party but I'll share mine too :) these are small things but quite simple to implement I guess :

1 - Better replay options (or replay editor ?)
I'm not fan of replays in GT sport, most camera angles are good to contemplate cars, but not to enjoy the action on track (like some stuck-to-the-ground cams, etc...). Classic/Dynamic option in GTS is not enough, I would love at least an option that provide really wide picture of action and doesn't miss the critical points on a track where you generally overtake. A replay editor (choosing cams depending on the timeline) would be a killer feature... Or maybe a "simple" version where you press a button during replay to say "hey, I want to see this bit with more angles", and the game automatically gives you the same 20 seconds around this point, like 4 or 5 times, with different cameras angles.

2 - Fix pagination when browsing liveries
When you search for liveries with filters in GTS, you can have tons of blank pages, or pages with 1 or 2 results. Pagination should be applied after filtering :D

3 - A longer daily "race D" ?
I feel that racing etiquette is better when things are not rushed in a 3 lap race, it would be cool to have a longer "race-D" event in future sport mode (or online), with like 20-30 laps. Well of course you can set up lobbies as you like, but it would be nice to have this kind of event set in the future "sport mode" if it exists

4 - A real podium
Instead of seeing your avatar & car, have a "real" result podium on online races, where you can see the three first racers, with their helmets/suits, and maybe their car, and maybe the national anthem of their countries... would be great for ambiance :)

I need to see what tires are people wearing constantly, like they do in tournaments. I hate to click "warm up" immediately just to briefly notice what everyone have, or during pit stops .

My wishlist:

• Full PSVR2 support
  • GT7 itself
  • Good times
  • Working penalty system
  • That my GT DD Pro will be delivered soon, anytime now... Mr. UPS-man still has about 2hr45m
  • Fanatec Adaptive Resistance Pedals

Last edited:
MY HUGE LIST of new things and fixes I'd want to like to see:

1) I'd want a Museum mode where you can see the story of some popular vintage cars and race a Onemake a race or a particular historical race that you win in a certain way, that would be amazing and a good innovation!

2) Replace the N class System with the PP classification cars system used in previous games and maybe remove the Gr class crap and instead group cars with proper groups like Group C, Group 2, Group 1 etc.

3) Longer, more detailed and better pit stops, maybe even auto pit stops like in PC2

4) Possibility to have mechanical damage turnable on for career mode races, as the player wish (same for endurance races)

5) Better replay options and editor

6) Possibility to set customize FOV and HUD

7) B-SPEC MODE, a mix of GT4 and GT5 options with some tweaks. Make it optional though like it was in GT4

8) Full PSVR2 support in campaign and all modes

9) Good penalty system

10) 24h endurance races

11) NASCAR races

12) Bring back one make races

13) Add qualify system for championships in GT mode and also lobby races

14) More realistic fuel, oil and tyre consumption times during races

15) Customizable grids

16) Point A to point B rally races and better rally physics

17) Decent AI

Last edited:
Because so many people keep talking about the AI, here's my take on it:

The main objective to improve the AI in GT7 is to not make them too challenging, or too reckless, but at least decent and more unpredictable enough to the point where they have multiple strategies to make them look like they're trying to race competitively, by making their behaviors a little more unpredictable, but not borderline careless or wild, and also without sacrificing an accessible difficulty.

1. Bring the difficulty options from Arcade Mode to the entire Campaign Mode.

In GT Sport's GT League mode, there doesn't seem to be any difficulty adjuster or any way to turn off the "boost" feature (which apparently gives cars that are falling behind a fighting chance at catching up, something like an artificial rubberbanding effect that can potentially cause the AI to drive more artificially than expected), unlike in the Arcade Modes.

Well, to each, their own, but I've had more of a challenge in the Arcade Modes than in the GT League when I've in theory, set them to Professional difficulty with no boost, and chose to start from dead last in a standing start with them. For most of the time, trying to overtake is like a gamble between going for it and trying to drive safely, whether it's by dodging the other cars or staying on track and keeping your balance, as they are prone to stalling/brake-checking, or can sometimes clip your car and do a bit of a PIT maneuver on you.

It will really feel like a fight to try and overtake as many drivers as you can on the first lap, and assuming that, in a Gr. 3 race, if the BMW M6 GT3 is no longer always in front, the outcome will always be different. After all, real-world motorsports are supposed to have unpredictable outcomes, where car, driver and strategy must all work hand in hand.

Once you're in front and have no one else to take care of, you can start setting faster laps, provided you don't have any oncoming traffic to worry about later on as in endurance races, you'll end up finding yourself out-lapping other cars.

2. Either the AI uses the same tire compound as your car, or that they use varied tire compounds.

I noticed in GT Sport, regardless if it's in the Arcade Modes or in the GT League, in theory, if you're in a race car, they'll always be stuck to using Racing: Hard tires or whatever equivalent compound depending on the theme of cars seen on the race. This makes their pace somewhat predictable, as well as when they're going to pit in for fresher compounds of tires.

3. The AI must have more unpredictable choices of when and how they will pit in, especially in endurance races.

I noticed that the AI's patterns in pitting in are almost quite predictable to the point where they refuel with the same amount of fuel load and use almost the same tire compound in lengthy races with tire and fuel wear turned on. I think this should change where every individual AI driver must choose when to pit in, and how they will, with their fuel loads and which tire compound they'll use, as again, in real-life motorsport, all three forces, the car, driver and strategy, must all work together and adapt to every worst-case scenario.

4. Unpredictability means making their pace a little faster and adding more aggressive, reckless and careless tendencies, but don't go too overboard.

Basically speaking, the AI must have a little bit more character where they could be prone to making mistakes or driving a little bit carelessly, but don't make it like an almost Forza-like Drivatar level where they all drive like jerks, and often do this intentionally. At least the penalty systems will ensure the checks and balances are in place, but well, sometimes the penalty system can't be trusted.

Another is that, yes, while they should drive faster (and not artificially like the boost/rubberband feature, often going beyond the cars' capabilities), they also shouldn't make it like Forza or Project CARS where setting the AI are in the higher difficulties, they'll only end up being so far ahead that it is almost next to impossible to catch them.

(I remember in Project CARS 3, I lost to a Bugatti Chiron Sport around the Daytona oval on the hardest difficulty using a fully upgraded Koenigsegg Jesko. In real life, I would easily wipe the floor with that Bugatti Chiron Sport with my Koenigsegg Jesko. I mean, it's obvious, a Bugatti Chiron Sport is a two-ton tank and that the Koenigsegg Jesko weighs around 500 to 600kg less, has far more downforce, and will make 121hp more than the Bugatti Chiron Sport.)

5. The penalty system should also work on the AI, not just the player alone.

I don't know if this is possible in GT Sport or not, but the AI opponents must also adhere to the penalty system if ever they were ever awarded penalties based on their driving, and given the unpredictable behaviors I hope they will have, that this will actually work, because at the end of the day, rules are rules.

I wish that PD ditched the car roulette entirely. I'm fed up of getting teased by expensive and rare cars...

At least make it possible to sell/remove the cars that you "win". I don't wanna fill up my garage with useless crap cars :mischievous:.
This is why I suggested that prize cars should have a resale value of 25% of the car's original price (as opposed to buying one being at 50%), and that the Daily Workout prize should still give you four random cars a day, but you should be able to choose the one you want (as well as its default color/livery).

This is why I suggested that prize cars should have a resale value of 25% of the car's original price (as opposed to buying one being at 50%), and that the Daily Workout prize should still give you four random cars a day, but you should be able to choose the one you want (as well as its default color/livery).
That could work, but what if you get four 330 P4s in a row?

I wish that PD ditched the car roulette entirely. I'm fed up of getting teased by expensive and rare cars...

At least make it possible to sell/remove the cars that you "win". I don't wanna fill up my garage with useless crap cars :mischievous:.
That's what older GTs have, selling prize cars. It's the strategy in for example GT2 to keep winning Speed 12 and selling it for 500,000 Cr. and repeat.

Roulette existed in GT1 and then GT3 though (the animation in GTS is a copy for GT3's).

That could work, but what if you get four 330 P4s in a row?
Then you can sell it for an easy Cr. 5,000,000 (provided you can sell prize cars for 25% of their resale value, and that you can choose any prize car you want from the Daily Workout, out of the four random choices offered to you, and if you're lucky to have at least encountered an expensive Cr. 20,000,000 car there).

When we go to the Europe Delaerships in GT Sport, there are Lewis Hamilton, FIA and Michelin selections. The Lewis Hamilton dealership should have been his Zonda and the Special LHTT edition VGT.
moving down to FIA, that should be a choice selection of FIA homologated cars past and present. Cars that may not necessarily need to be under any manufacturer banner.
For the Michelin dealership, a selection of Michelin shod test cars and/or historically significant cars of Michelin’s choosing. Make use of those spaces other than words. Put some vehicles in those brands.

That's what older GTs have, selling prize cars. It's the strategy in for example GT2 to keep winning Speed 12 and selling it for 500,000 Cr. and repeat.

Roulette existed in GT1 and then GT3 though (the animation in GTS is a copy for GT3's).
It existed also in GT2 I reckon

Compensation for the game crashing during a long race, how much credits and exp I've not gotten because the game crashes is incomprehensible

Last edited:
Back