The GTP Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge | Season 3! | Race Friday!Open 

Awesome racing this weekend. Tbw and I were super close and I think 2nd and 3rd from GS was tight aswell.

By the way, is it just me or do the Civics feel a bit overpowered?
This track is the slowest for the Roadster and fastest for the Civic. That should be the biggest performance gap we see all year in ST. If it continues this way, I'll peg it back a little

Heck of a race. I appreciate everyone showing. Good turnout. Excellent battles in the race.

Results:

GS:

1.) cnd
2.) tex
3.) twilson

ST:

1.) Paul
2.) Storm
3.) Matheus
4.) tbw
5.) resh

Here's the finish between tbw and resh:

I had to sit up and take note of that too @RESHIRAM5. I just hope that they're just strong at this track and not so strong at the rest.... That said, I'm inclined to say bump the Mazda upto 250 bhp, just because everything else in ST is.

Honestly, I just took the Honda because of who was in there. I know it'd be good close racing whichever class I joined, but ST has people I've not raced before. Ok, I race with Matheus, but that's GP2, and I'm not quite there yet in GP2.

Looking at the photo more. The drivers in the car look so lifeless especially in the situation they're in. :lol:.

Last edited:
The top speeds were the same for all of the cars. 150-152mph. But it can do low 59s just it's sliding nature doesn't suit this track.

With that said FFs always suit me more the Rwds.

Sorry I didn't make it, I've just have issues being disconnected all week and today, it was at its worst so I didn't bother anymore. I've honestly lost faith in doing any series racing with the amount of disconnects I've had.

Sorry I didn't make it, I've just have issues being disconnected all week and today, it was at its worst so I didn't bother anymore. I've honestly lost faith in doing any series racing with the amount of disconnects I've had.
You would've been the only disconnect had it happened. We made it a whole lobby session with no disconnects. Even Storm stayed connected in a thunderstorm lol and that was with me hosting.

So Silverstone next guys! I'm happy about the turnout at Daytona. Thanks for coming, and if @polarbear345 can update the points and such on the OP it would be cool!

I'll have a practice lobby or two open this week as well :)

You would've been the only disconnect had it happened. We made it a whole lobby session with no disconnects. Even Storm stayed connected in a thunderstorm lol and that was with me hosting.

So basically (based on multiple people in the rooms I've been in saying some of the same things), my internet is 🤬

Just what I wanted to have happen, while I'm already financially constrained. Guess I'm not racing online anymore at all since I have no damn idea what to do :indiff:

So basically (based on multiple people in the rooms I've been in saying some of the same things), my internet is 🤬

Just what I wanted to have happen, while I'm already financially constrained. Guess I'm not racing online anymore at all since I have no damn idea what to do :indiff:
Depends: Is your internet wireless or hard wired to the Ps3?

Also, what's your internet speed?

Finally, your internet may be fine, but your modem and/or router may be having issues. I remember when polar had a bad router for a while. He would tell the ISP his internet wasn't working, but when they'd come and check it would be fine. The real issue was that his router would take a dump every so often if I'm not mistaken

All I know is its wireless. I don't even know how I'd find out how fast it is. What irritates me is how it only seems to be doing this with the PS3 (which is why its frustrating for me to hear its my internet).

Edit: So did an internet speed test on some site and here's the results:

Ping: 34 Ms
Download Speed: 7.59 Mbps
Upload Speed: 1.45 Mbps

Not sure if this is the info you are looking for, at this point I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.

Last edited:
Cnd mixed the router and modem up. They said I had to get a new router about 3 times, so I finally decided a new modem was needed. They weren't really on board saying their stuff was fine so I just told them what they needed to hear about the modem so they gave me a new one.

Been fine since :)

I remember you saying this...

It's funny, because with the mobile broadboad I have, it's actually working better than it ever did when we had internet back when I was living with my parents. I know I'm only allowed 10GB of data to play with each month, but minus the odd lag spike, I've had very very few complaints compared to before.

Next on my agenda: Controller! There's tape over the bottom left grip, covering a massive chunk missing that's a finger's width. The R2 trigger is broken in such a way that any more than the finest dab on the trigger gives me full throttle. There's two large cracks running along behind the R2 trigger, so the right hand side will eventually start to come away at the back. The L2 trigger isn't very consistent with regards to being pressed, sometimes it'll do what I want and sometimes it doesn't do it enough; not good when I'm braking with it. AND last night, a chunk the size of my little finger decided to fall out before the race.

.... but you wouldn't be able to notice, would you? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't see how the controllers could be mauled like that. The worse that happened to one of mine was the wobbly R2 due to sprinting too much in Wolfenstein 3D.

Though my TV is on the brink of its life. It blacks out at random times, leaving only audio. It happened during qualy yesterday.

That would be me. I mauled my controller like that, too many times of FIFA ignoring the nice heavy lofted through ball to my friends, instead going for the little dink to AI who's running INTO the opposition.... This, and Call of Duty...

Although, sometimes I used to sit the controller on my lap to type, and it would slide off and hit the wooden floor in my room.

Hey cnd, polar, sorry for not showing up yesterday. I went to an anime event yesterday with a group of friends (we all like anime in certain proportions, with me being the one who least watches :lol:) and we stayed until the end because there was a live show from the band Flow (original DBZ intro music in japanese is theirs).

Hey cnd, polar, sorry for not showing up yesterday. I went to an anime event yesterday with a group of friends (we all like anime in certain proportions, with me being the one who least watches :lol:) and we stayed until the end because there was a live show from the band Flow (original DBZ intro music in japanese is theirs).
Isn't that the same band that perform "Sign", the Pain Arc Naruto opening song?

Isn't that the same band that perform "Sign", the Pain Arc Naruto opening song?

Not sure, I could search though... Like I said, I like anime, but to an certain extent. I didn't know Flow perfomed the DBZ opening song until some minutes before the show when a friend told me. :lol:

NINJA EDIT: Yep, it is! hahaha Flow also perfomed GO! and Re:member in Naruto's openings.

Not sure, I could search though... Like I said, I like anime, but to an certain extent. I didn't know Flow perfomed the DBZ opening song until some minutes before the show when a friend told me. :lol:

NINJA EDIT: Yep, it is! hahaha Flow also perfomed GO! and Re:member in Naruto's openings.
I thought so. I didn't know about those ones though... I only remember Sign because it's my favourite of the openings.

Last edited:
Hey don't worry about it! Best part is.... There's another race this Friday!

Lol is this a weekly thing?

It happens once a year. It's from 17th to 20th, then 24th to 27th this year hahaha Each day of the event has different things happening, and different personalities there doing shows, stand-ups and etc.

It happens once a year. It's from 17th to 20th, then 24th to 27th this year hahaha Each day of the event has different things happening, and different personalities there doing shows, stand-ups and etc.
Nice!

Got the points finished:

Conti S3 1.PNG

That's pretty cool.

Soooo @Michelin... just out of interest, what sort of times were you hitting at Daytona in practice? I know you said you were in the BMW 135i, and from the look of things there was a pretty big gap between the Honda and the Mazda last night. I'm wondering where you and the BMW fit in.

Back