The GTP Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge | Season 3! | Race Friday!Open 

That's pretty cool.

Soooo @Michelin... just out of interest, what sort of times were you hitting at Daytona in practice? I know you said you were in the BMW 135i, and from the look of things there was a pretty big gap between the Honda and the Mazda last night. I'm wondering where you and the BMW fit in.

Offline I was able to hit 1:59.5 in some laps... but I was burning my tires in turn 1 pretty hard...

Offline I was able to hit 1:59.5 in some laps... but I was burning my tires in turn 1 pretty hard...
Hmmm, I see. T1 seems to have everyone doing that, although there might be a bit of an overall setup issue or perhaps you're coming to the turn too fast. Offline I clamped a 57.1 in the Honda, but I wasn't nearly as quick online.

I think the fastest online lap in ST was 1:58.0 from Paul in practice, Paul edged Quali with 1:58.4 over my 1:58.5, and I managed a high 58.2 in the race. I think Matheus clocked a 1:59 in his Honda too.

The Mazda was 2:01's and 2:02's at their fastest, but tbw and Resh were 2:03's most of the race. They were battling pretty epically, mind.

Hmmm, I see. T1 seems to have everyone doing that, although there might be a bit of an overall setup issue or perhaps you're coming to the turn too fast. Offline I clamped a 57.1 in the Honda, but I wasn't nearly as quick online.

I think the fastest online lap in ST was 1:58.0 from Paul in practice, Paul edged Quali with 1:58.4 over my 1:58.5, and I managed a high 58.2 in the race. I think Matheus clocked a 1:59 in his Honda too.

The Mazda was 2:01's and 2:02's at their fastest, but tbw and Resh were 2:03's most of the race. They were battling pretty epically, mind.

FF's being way quickier at Daytona hahaha

No offence but I wouldn't say Resh or Tbw are as fast as us.

Also the Mazda did a 1:59.0 with 58s possible.

I mean I doubt they'd be much faster in the Civic if you know what I mean. In the nicest possible way of saying.

I'd agree (sorry guys), although we're not afraid to bin the car multiple times in attempts to find the limit. :D

I've seen them have their moments though 👍, although Daytona is really a trial of who's brave enough to drive like Kobayashi with a rocket strapped to his groin. Judging by the bus stop, I'm guessing we won that, Paul. :D

Yeah that's the main reason I didn't want the Mx5. It's just too slidey for me. The Civic wasn't infallible though with it setup to be loose on the brakes and in suspension it can still bite.

In my test going for a 57 I touched the grass slightly in the bus stop and was instantly 90 degrees to the road. :lol:

I expect Brands and Laguna to suit the Civic. With A1 ring and Silverstone the favour the Rwds.

Spa can go either way but may favour the Civic a tad in key areas.

I'll give it a try.

Well guys, I've hit abit of a snag with it. The PS3 portion went smooth, but the portion involving the Router isn't going well. Either it won't go to a page, or I just get "This page cannot be displayed". Not exactly reassuring :indiff:

Which part exactly? Can you quote a line from the bit you're trying to do?

This

Open a Web browser window and request a connection to the router using its local IP address. For example, type http://192.168.1.1/ in the browser's address bar to request a connection to a router using the IP address 192.168.1.1.

That didn't work for me. On another site, it suggested I used the run program to do so and that didn't work either.

Also, just tried to put the settings I had before back in on my PS3 (as I just gave up on this) and now it won't connect to the internet at all. Wonderful, now something else screws up :rolleyes:

The IP address in the example probably isn't the IP address of your router. Find out which router you have, usually one of the end numbers is slightly different for each router manufacturer.

Revert to Automatically connecting to your router on the PS3, rather than doing it manually.

The IP address in the example probably isn't the IP address of your router. Find out which router you have, usually one of the end numbers is slightly different for each router manufacturer.

Revert to Automatically connecting to your router on the PS3, rather than doing it manually.

I didn't type in that address, that was just an example.

I reverted back to the settings I had before and for a while, it would not connect to the internet no matter what I did (Restarting the router, turning "Internet connection" off and on). Just now though, it connected.

Also, I have screen capped my connection speed on my PS3. Maybe it'll be much better info then what I got from my laptop.

Attachments

• capture_20140719_211143.jpg
    capture_20140719_211143.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 7
I reverted back to the settings I had before and for a while, it would not connect to the internet no matter what I did (Restarting the router, turning "Internet connection" off and on). Just now though, it connected.

Also, I have screen capped my connection speed on my PS3. Maybe it'll be much better info then what I got from my laptop.
Those are some good speeds, I used to race with worse. Nice wallpaper, BTW.

That's similar to what I have. If I dope around with the settings on the PS3 and mess them up, I usually just go back into my PS3's network settings and redo the connection settings on automatic.

What I'll say to do once your connection is truly back on your PS3 is try typing in your Router's IP address on your laptop. If you go into Network Settings --> Settings and Connection Status List, type the IP address that you find next to "Default Router" into your web browser on your laptop...

Anyone done any ST times around here yet? Did some straight after Daytona but the car felt horrid. I plan on tuning it tonight to make it better for Silverstone.

So I'll post a number around 5 hours from now when I open it :). (If anyone wants to join me)

Kinda forgot to post this, but I managed to be disconnect free for the last three days :D

So I'm totally in for Friday's race.

I'm also interested in tonight's practice.

still looking for drivers?

if so, do you have a rules and car tuning package? And am I right in thinking that those cars listed are available to choose from with additional tuning allowed within the mods listed?

Yes the mods listed and all the fully customisable stuff. Also remember to Pl if needed :).

Also update on the room I was going to host. I am staying later in work was on to 11pm, (2 hours from now) now am doing the close so the room will be open 2 hours later than planned. (So around 4 hours from now)

Yes the mods listed and all the fully customisable stuff. Also remember to Pl if needed :).

Also update on the room I was going to host. I am staying later in work was on to 11pm, (2 hours from now) now am doing the close so the room will be open 2 hours later than planned. (So around 4 hours from now)

What time is this for us Paul?

Kinda forgot to post this, but I managed to be disconnect free for the last three days :D

So I'm totally in for Friday's race.

I'm also interested in tonight's practice.
Good to know buddy

if so, do you have a rules and car tuning package? And am I right in thinking that those cars listed are available to choose from with additional tuning allowed within the mods listed?
Yes we are

The OP has each car's parts list. Suspension, drivetrain, and transmission tuning is fully legal as well.

I'll be ready for that. The BOSS will be present!

Yeah just let us know which car!

The listed parts are the only legal parts. You can tune suspension to your hearts desire

stevenson motorsports silver should work...really like the laid back feel of this room. Now just keep with that until I get to turn 1.
ummm, league, not room. Silence, lol

and then I forget to "edit"

Thanks for all the help!

Back