The GTPlanet Member Motorsports Spotlight Thread (Interview 05: RobbiefromBC)

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
The GTPlanet Member Motorsports Spotlight Discussion Thread

WHAT IT IS:

"Welcome to a new recurring series, the GTPlanet Member Motorsports Spotlight. Most of us are here for a common reason, our love of sim racing. Sim racing is an accessible and economic way to get on the track and compete against others in a safe environment.

But did you know that many of our members race in real life? I’m not talking about guys like Brian Heitkotter, Jann Mardenborough or Lucas Ordonez. Many of us have closely followed their winning real life race careers. I’m talking about everyday people, who have day jobs. They are here as site members, but also have a passion for real life motorsports and are racing in entry level or grassroots series all over the US and Canada."

-GTPlanet MMS Host @EDK

INTERVIEW INDEX:

001: Kevin Michael (@EDK) - GTPlanet Article - Thread Discussion Start Point (Right Here!)

002: Mark Krueger (@CoachMK21) - GTPlanet Article - Thread Discussion Start Point

003: Nick Winsor (@Punknoodle) - GTPlanet Article - Thread Discussion Start Point

004: Nathan Howe (@Nismonath5) - GTPlanet Article - Thread Discussion Start Point

005: Robbie Arthur (@RobbiefromBC ) - GTPlanet Article - Thread Discussion Start Point

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this. I'm planning on taking a class to get my racing lisense within the next year ;)

Wow very jealous of the circuits you get to enjoy where you are. I would love to drive Sonoma, Laguna Seca and Road America for real...

Congrats on the write up and racing @EDK! There's a lot of weekend racers on GTPlanet and I'm very keen to hear some of their stories! :gtpflag:

This should be a great column to read. Should be really fun to read the racing stories of actual members! @EDK, would you consider stickying this and linking all future interviews to this thread as well (or maybe a separate thread that links to all the articles)? That would be a great way to give everyone a chance to not only read the current articles, but also would allow people to catch up on previous ones without having to dig for them.

This should be a great column to read. Should be really fun to read the racing stories of actual members! @EDK, would you consider stickying this and linking all future interviews to this thread as well (or maybe a separate thread that links to all the articles)? That would be a great way to give everyone a chance to not only read the current articles, but also would allow people to catch up on previous ones without having to dig for them.
Good call. I think @SlipZtrEm should be able to manage that second part when he publishes. I went ahead and added a sticky for now, we'll see how it shapes up for folks. That's a bit of shameless self promotion. :sly:

@EDK i thoroughly enjoyed your article. You get to drive my teenage dream car a MR2! How cool is that? I hope to read more articles like this

Stellar write up @EDK ! Loved it. Maybe I can sneak away from the kids and meet up for a bit when you are at PIR next month?

Jerome
Totally, I am racing on Saturday and Sunday the 22nd and 23rd, races run from 9-5. I will be driving 3 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. And actually will be driving with both the MR2 team and the Mustang team that I drove with in April.

EDK
Totally, I am racing on Saturday and Sunday the 22nd and 23rd, races run from 9-5. I will be driving 3 hours Saturday and 4 hours Sunday. And actually will be driving with both the MR2 team and the Mustang team that I drove with in April.
That could be a bit awkward.

What happens if the MR2 & Mustang are fighting for a place/position on track.....
.....and you're behind the wheel?

What happens if the MR2 & Mustang are fighting for a place/position on track.....

LOL, that'd be hilarious. I'm sure whichever car he's in he'll try and win.....if that even happens.

Jerome

LOL, that'd be hilarious. I'm sure whichever car he's in he'll try and win.....if that even happens.

Jerome
Nothing like a good ol' David and Goliath battle! Makes me think of the humble Mini Cooper and how many bigger cars it rivaled all those years ago!

Nothing like a good ol' David and Goliath battle! Makes me think of the humble Mini Cooper and how many bigger cars it rivaled all those years ago!
As a student of the sport, one only has to look at the history of the Bathurst endurance race in the 1960's to see the titanic David vs Goliath battles that took place there.
The big horsepower cars would monster the smaller capacity cars on the long straights & the climb up the mountain, only for the smaller, more nimbler cars to exact their revenge across the top & down the hill.
I've seen many pics & lots of footage of cars like the Mini Cooper S, swarming all over big V8's such as Studebakers & Dodges like ants on a lollie.

The V8 club would last until their middle pedals went AWOL :scared: :lol:

It was the domain of the rapid, lightweight 4-cylinder until the very first Ford Falcon GT came along in 1967.

Normally, we would be in different classes.

But the MR2 may end up with a supercharged megasquirt setup for this race, so you never know.

Hoping I get to be in the Mustang while Jason (car owner) drives the MR2.

Back