The GTPlanet Mini/MINI Club

  • Thread starter Thread starter miniMADness
  • 450 comments
  • 282,229 views
I wish they could do something to bring up the 0-60 times. I've looked at the tuner Mini Madness and they have kits ranging from 195bhp to 265bhp. I was thinking about the kit that brings it up to 245 bhp which would kick some ass but even with that potent amount of power and such little weight it still barely brought it down to about a 6 second 0-60 sprint. And with that kit I'd have to spend $5,999 or so and it would most likely void the warranty. I think the 45 hp more than the works is worth the extra money but I wish I could add performance kits besides the works to enhance the performance of the car. One thing that bothers me is that the works kit could have more power if they add an upgraded intake system. They change out the software, and cams and **** but the engine can't benefit too much from a stock airbox.
 
I was running 6.5 with my JCW. But then agian, i was ripping at the trans when i did that 0-60.
 
Considering how light it is though...one would think it could make more out of that power...oh well its still a fun car
 
The problem with the MINI is that parts aint cheap, unlike the old one. With it having a euro-flavor, i guess the parts are just as expensive as other euro models?
 
LMAO. hey,a re there any more of those? its just so funny when policemen muck up.
 
Noice avatar!
 
from 4car

There have been computer mock-ups of a MINI estate with wooden panels doing the rounds for a while now, but a MINI Countryman will finally be revealed at the Geneva Motor Show next month. It's not an official BMW model, however, but an independent aftermarket conversion by Milan-based coachbuilders Carrozzeria Castagna. It has an enlarged body, 25cm longer than the standard MINI hatch to give extra load space, and wooden side panelling in the style of the original Mini Countryman models. The cabin is decked out in custom leather upholstery with wicker basket-weave load area covers and interior panelling; a full set of matching suitcases finishes the look. This car is just a concept for show, but Castagna does make one-off bespoke vehicles to individual demand.
060204miniwoody.jpg
 
Yeah, read that in a magazine, also saw a Mini Monster Truck (by some English students)
 
That was probably EVO magazine.
 
Originally posted by ultrabeat
That was probably EVO magazine.

Yeah, can you read my mind? ;)

A friend bought it in England, pretty cool mag.
 
lol I know because I posess that issue.

It's the only one I have of EVO.
 
Hi everyone
I love mini's, particularly the old ones. I'm not fond of the new ones for a couple of reasons but I don't want to get into that.

I am 17 and I need to buy my first car. I live in Southern California (SUV Land) and while I love big American cars, gas is too much for me. I'm too poor to spend 50 bucks a week on gas like my parents do. So I was thinkin either an old mini or and old VW Bug. While I prefer the mini the bug is far less expensive. But I have been looking. Right now I am talking to a guy in New Zealand about purchasing one there and shipping it here and I am simultaneously tracking one down in Australia. If I can find one in Australia for cheap that would be far better because then I can share a crate with a friend who will also be shipping a car from there (a 37 Buick Hot Rod Convertible).

I just wanted to know from you guys... would a car as small as a mini make a good first car? Of course my parents are petrified I will get squashed like a bug in it. But I don't worry about dying too much, I'm 17. So any info from you guys would be awesome.

sigold.php
 
Hey Jeffberg! Welcome to the Mini Club and GTP!

As for the Mini as a first car, I know that me and radicool are planning to get one and i know that im going to modify mine to my likeing aswell (I think its safe to say that radicool is going to as well!). They would make a excellent first car because of the low insurance costs, low fuel consumption and the Mini's uncanny abilitiy to pull chicks! So many times ive heard "Oh my god! Look at that cute little car!".

Most imported Mini's in the US come from the Uk, but the vehicle has to be over 25 years old to enter the country (I think?).

Good Luck!
 
Originally posted by miniMADness
Hey Jeffberg! Welcome to the Mini Club and GTP!

As for the Mini as a first car, I know that me and radicool are planning to get one and i know that im going to modify mine to my likeing aswell (I think its safe to say that radicool is going to as well!). They would make a excellent first car because of the low insurance costs, low fuel consumption and the Mini's uncanny abilitiy to pull chicks! So many times ive heard "Oh my god! Look at that cute little car!".

Most imported Mini's in the US come from the Uk, but the vehicle has to be over 25 years old to enter the country (I think?).

Good Luck!

Hell yeah I'm modifing mine...I hope I can put cooper works exhaust on it!
 
you getting a mini hey radicool, what sort of mods you want to do?
 
in CA for a car to be smog exempt it has to be 1974 or older. So yes. But the reason I don't want to get one from the UK is I am petrified of rust. I just don't want anything to do with that cancer.
 
hey, i went threw a dealer in Carlsbad. www.pacificcoastminis.com I beleive is the URL. they have tons of sweet Minis and do a lot of custom work as well. IT NEEDS TO BE MAY SO I GET MINE!!!!
 
ooooh I am like 30 minutes from Carlsbad. I may check them out. Thanks a lot for the link. I wonder if they are cheaper to buy here than to pay shipping over there.
 
Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
you getting a mini hey radicool, what sort of mods you want to do?

I'm gonna buy a sound system so loud it blows womens clothes off!:D

Nah, I don't know yet.:)
 
the guy in new Zealand has $1500 for shipping, plus the cost of the Mini. I think they sell some of the old beat up Minis for $2000 at PCM, so i would definatly do it local.
 
Oh, sorry for the double post, but the dealer runs out of the North County Mall in Carlsbad/ Oceanside. Take the 78 to Jefferson, make a right , your there.
 
Originally posted by radicool02
I'm gonna buy a sound system so loud it blows womens clothes off!:D

Nah, I don't know yet.:)

I'd go for the Aston :p
 
gave the south coast mini people a call and unfortunately it seems the cheapest minis that can be had from there in good running order are 8000 - 9000. From NZ I can get one for around 3000 with 2500 shipping. And then I have to get a tropical cooling package installed to cool the thing down which is around 300-500 so right now NZ is still looking like the best option
 
Back