The "Honestly I Didn't Cut the Chicane to beat the Enzo" Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mooman117
  • 186 comments
  • 22,218 views
I tunneled through N'ring to spin around on the SS7 and beat the Enzo by 2 seconds without cutting the chicane.
 
Oh... they are CHICANES? I honestly thought they were just speed bumps and that the Enzo was just trying to swerve left and right to stop me from slipstreaming. Awkward moment...
 
The voices in my head told me to do it, then this little angel popped up on my shoulder and he told me to do it too!

Seriously though, I've done it clean with several cars, fully tuned of course. The only ones I have problems doing that with are the F40 and the 512, on account of their instability over the lumpy stuff. I also choose to do it for money purposes, but only after I completed all the events clean the first time.
 
I've moved from the Enzo to the SP1 08, handles a lot better but about 10 secs a lap down.
 
i murdered the Enzo with my Scuderia.
cut the Chicane the first race on accident though.


ever since then i've been passing him a few turns before that. through the curving section.

the best grinder out there right now without a doubt.
 
I can hold my hand up and honestly say that I did not cut any chicanes to beat the Enzo.

I did, however, PIT him just after the last chicane. :sly:
 
Didn't even realize you could cut the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight :D lol

I did knock over a few pylons on the last chicane to get around the enzo in my 599. If I would've driven better (i.e. braked properly at the end of the Mulsanne straight), I would've caught the Enzo more easily :)
 
Oh man what happen to the outrageous pictures? :indiff:
 
like Michael Schumacher ses if its paved its track
 
Run it with a fully tuned Enzo, pass the 1st place car at the end Of the mulsane straight.
 
I just tried this last night in the Enzo. My one clean run I finished 2nd by less than a second. When you all say you are cutting the chicanes are you talking about just the very last one before the finish or all of them, even the ones on the long straight?

Anyone got a video of cutting, not sure I even understand what you are talking about.

BTW, I am trying to use a stock Enzo with racing softs.
 
I could win without cutting,but losing $200,000 by a second or less is frustrating when grinding,so i cut it to secure a win. I feel ashamed of myself,i hate cheaters and now i am one!
 
I've been grinding with a tuned, stupid fast Enzo and don't have to cut but only just win. With the 430 Scuderia I actually enjoyed the race, didn't cut and won by a better margin. The Enzo just isn't the legend it's represented as.
 
Ha I did the same with the italia and won 23 times in less then an hour and a half. Over 10,000,000cr and about a 1,000,000 XP. Easy pickins
 
I just tried this last night in the Enzo. My one clean run I finished 2nd by less than a second. When you all say you are cutting the chicanes are you talking about just the very last one before the finish or all of them, even the ones on the long straight?

Anyone got a video of cutting, not sure I even understand what you are talking about.

BTW, I am trying to use a stock Enzo with racing softs.

There are 2 places you can cut before the main straight. Some guys cut through the sand on the first chicane on the straight. (Personally, I don't.) Then the big time-saver is the last one before the finish line. You should do a time of 3:20 odd or less. :)
 
There are 2 places you can cut before the main straight. Some guys cut through the sand on the first chicane on the straight. (Personally, I don't.) Then the big time-saver is the last one before the finish line. You should do a time of 3:20 odd or less. :)

You can cut the Dunlop Curve a bit, the fast right hander. Only a bit (enought to get all four wheels outside the white line).

The chicane at the top of the hill (turn two and three can be cut). You can be a bit liberal at the next chicane (before Tetre Touge) but only really helps to pass cars.

Tetre Rouge can be cut big time to gain a massive speed advantage down the first part of the Mulsanne.

The two fast Chicanes on the Mulsanne can easily be cut. I usually slow down a bit for the first one (about 50kph) otherwise I crash on the exit. The second one can be done flat.

You can go through the cones at the Mulsanne corner, doesn't gain much time.

You can run wide after the Porsche Curves to gain a bit of time. The its just the last two chicanes. Especially the last one that gets you a big time boost.

Let me know if I've missed any opportunities to shave a few seconds off my grinding time:)


I was using this http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/Europe/France/lemans02-05_map.gif name the corners.
 
Honestly I didn't cut the Mulsanne's chicanes because I didn't notice that there were chicanes so I hit straight through those things blocking the road. The car flipped and I laughed:)
Now seriously: On my second try (above was first) I win using a fully tuned Enzo on S1 without cutting any chicane, though I said Hi to the side bumper of the Enzo that was on first place.
 
Well... i did lol. My 458 italia couldn't beat them legally!
 
I beat the event with the 458 stock (Racing soft).
 
Try getting over 400 km/h without cutting:sly:
I got it for less than a milisec in my maxed Enzo:drool:
 
I didn't cut it. It was was as I was driving a fully tuned enzo.
 
Done that, no cutting any chicanes. With an Enzo on R2's and no aids to speak of. I remember having put ABS very high and the brake balance way to the back and that is about it (so no slip recovery). A lot of fun anyway. 👍
 
With a fully tuned 430 scuderia, without cutting/ramming/any other form of cheating, I'm in first at Mulsanne. (I don't consider myself to be a very good driver)
 
3:49.8 in a Rotary Junkie-tuned Enzo with only two cuts. I killed my time on the next to last corner thinking I could just cut through the sand. I honestly didn't remember that there was a wall there :p. It was fun however to just blow by the other cars going about 220 MPH in the long straights.

Back on topic: Yes, I cheated. Proud of it too :D
 
I beat it fairly in a tuned 458 but for grinding purposes all 99,000,000 other attempts I CUT everyting cuttable and managed a 3:22.959. Im going to get my enzo out and try to beat it. TBH I found it an easy race even without cheating.
 
Easy Easy, a 458 ou a 430 Scuderia full tunes Sports Soft is enough for a regular player as I am so I guess doable for most people in the forum
 
It is not hard to do at all, especially in a max tuned Enzo :dopey:, I beat them in a tuned 458 as well. The 458 is not as dominant as the Enzo but it is a lot easier to drive. All in all a very fun event and the 504 just makes for icing on the cake. :)
 
It is not hard to do at all, especially in a max tuned Enzo :dopey:, I beat them in a tuned 458 as well. The 458 is not as dominant as the Enzo but it is a lot easier to drive. All in all a very fun event and the 504 just makes for icing on the cake. :)

I just got a ticket 1000 and I'm asking myself how many times have I actually done this race :lol:

It is easy
 
Back