The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
I tried Lake Maggoire in the AMG gt3 on normal difficulty and everything was fine until my last pit stop. I got new mediums and 10.5 laps of fuel like my previous stop. BMW pitted at the same time but manages to get out way way ahead of me for some reason with a full tank of fuel. Something is definitely up with that. I was getting constant 1' 57"s and even some low 1' 56" laps... I ended up in 2nd like 10 seconds behind with perfect driving. I was in the lead by 6 seconds when we pitted. I'm going to try it again in a few minutes and I'll take pics if it happens again.
If you look back in thread Ai have a slow first pit (because they add a lot of fuel which isn't necessary at this point to get to stop 2) and a fast second pit because they already topped off. AI are doing you a favor/losing time this way with a heavier car on average, but can be frustrating on second pit I know. lol.

EDIT: This may have been documented in another thread, not this one, but in any case that's why.

Last edited:
If you look back in thread Ai have a slow first pit (because they add a lot of fuel which isn't necessary at this point to get to stop 2) and a fast second pit because they already topped off. AI are doing you a favor/losing time this way with a heavier car on average, but can be frustrating on second pit I know. lol.

EDIT: This may have been documented in another thread, not this one, but in any case that's why.
Hey thanks. Just beat it by pitting on lap 11 and on lap 20 so I didn't have to deal with the BMW and AMG too much directly.

I figured the amount of fuel was the reason and expected them to be in the lead after but not by that much! 😆 I was worried about all of that and forgot I had to deal with the NSX at the end. He kinda snuck up.

ALSACE PRE-‘79 MISSION

Just a quick heads up: the LCD now has the Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 and it is flat out the best car I tried for the Alsace mission. Like the Alpine A220, it's light and has a lot of power but has a much lower PP score. Just add some ballast and a reduce the ECU (not the power restrictor) to 91 (more on this in a bit), fiddle with the transmission to limit the top end but raise the bottom end dramatically, and you're good to go. Run it full tilt at FM1! Add this to my list of "glitch cars," but it's fun to drive.

As for the ECU, for some reason there is a weird break point at 91. It interacts with the transmission settings to really give you some gift PPs. Plus I decided to use this instead of the power restrictor because I went with very (VERY) short gears and I wanted to keep the power band in the high RPMs rather than stretch it out like the restrictor does. With the short gears for all the turns and a power band in the high revs I was able to get to third place by the second lap at which point I set my best ever lap time (~1:27.8xx). I could have overtaken the lead two drivers but I was driving at the edge of my abilities and I knew they'd pit before me anyway, so I just hung behind. At FM1 I lasted until around the 13th lap with something like 28:00 remaining, so I stopped for fuel and no tires because the car is so dang light even with he ballast added. After fuel and no tires I pulled out still in first by about 3 seconds (not changing tires really made the difference!). I was able to pull ahead by about a second a lap until P2 and P3 pitted again, at which point I cruised to a finish nearly a minute ahead (if I recall correctly . . . I was pretty tired).

I tried the new Ferrari 250 GT as well, but it's so loose and aggravating. The Giulia is definitely the better of the two for this particular race because the Ferrari is going to require a lot of tuning. FWIW, they are both worth the cost because they are a lot of fun to drive!!!!
How much ballast did you add?

If you don't mind the silly suspension setups, you don't have to add any.

FZ5W8F-XEAEkMTU.jpeg

FZ5W7ynX0AAAWCt.jpeg

Last edited:
Almost max, set at -4. This was a couple of updates ago, so it's nowhere near qualifying for that race again, but I'm sure it could be done. All the weight and more power really made it drift around the corners, but on CS tires it did a really great job holding on! So much fun to drive!

Almost max, set at -4. This was a couple of updates ago, so it's nowhere near qualifying for that race again, but I'm sure it could be done. All the weight and more power really made it drift around the corners, but on CS tires it did a really great job holding on! So much fun to drive!
Interesting, I was planning on using the A220 but I drove that way too much and needed a change. I'll try this later, thanks!

Any current tunes for the Alsace pre-1979 race, after the latest patch? I tried one from way back but I couldn't get the soft tires under 450 anymore and the car was 10 seconds slower a lap than the leader. i don't have the car used above, so something else.

Last edited:
My Deep Forest monstrosity:
Alfa Romeo 155.
The tuning is ugly af, but I squeezed as much power as possible.
TC 1
Game was set to hard.
Fm 1 the full course. You should be in 1st by end of lap 2. A tank is good for 22 laps, fill up and change tires, the fronts will be completely shredded. Don't worry about loosing a couple of spots, you're quicker than everyone else, and you'll have a new set of tires.

Hope this helps someone, it definitely helped me.

Attachments

• 20220814_204553.jpg
    20220814_204553.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 20220814_204647.jpg
    20220814_204647.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 126
Hi all. New to the forum.

Has anyone tried race 8 recently. I've had a go tonight and it must be broken. I'm using the Pug RCZ on a 2 stop with Hards and being super consistent with a time of 2minutes with the odd 1:59 thrown in and I was just beat by over a minute!!

How can this be? I literally cannot go any faster and when I watch you tube videos on people doing the same race they are lapping around this sort of time. The difficulty is set it medium as well.

I couldn't believe how fast the Merc in first place. I almost threw my controller in disgust!

I tried Lake Maggoire in the AMG gt3 on normal difficulty and everything was fine until my last pit stop. I got new mediums and 10.5 laps of fuel like my previous stop. BMW pitted at the same time but manages to get out way way ahead of me for some reason with a full tank of fuel. Something is definitely up with that. I was getting constant 1' 57"s and even some low 1' 56" laps... I ended up in 2nd like 10 seconds behind with perfect driving. I was in the lead by 6 seconds when we pitted. I'm going to try it again in a few minutes and I'll take pics if it happens again.
Yea the fuel filling is broken on my opinion. Sometimes it goes in really fast and other times it takes ages!

I can't seem to win this race. Just raced really well on a 2 stop and got beat by the AMG by over a minute ..

I can't seem to win this race. Just raced really well on a 2 stop and got beat by the AMG by over a minute ..
Do you have gold on the Lake Maggiore Circuit Experience? Your times are too slow for a two stop, need to be running around 1:58 at the worst to make it work out. You can get away with slower laps if you one stop the race on RH, but then you need to make sure you do a good job fuel saving and take care of the tyres. Best option was always to run RM and two stop, but you may need to try some different cars out to find what you are quickest in and which one works best for the strategy you want to run - some are more or less fuel efficient.

Have a look through the thread specifically for that race, there's a bunch of useful information about different strategies.

Do you have gold on the Lake Maggiore Circuit Experience? Your times are too slow for a two stop, need to be running around 1:58 at the worst to make it work out. You can get away with slower laps if you one stop the race on RH, but then you need to make sure you do a good job fuel saving and take care of the tyres. Best option was always to run RM and two stop, but you may need to try some different cars out to find what you are quickest in and which one works best for the strategy you want to run - some are more or less fuel efficient.

Have a look through the thread specifically for that race, there's a bunch of useful information about different strategies.
Sorry my bad. I ran a 1 stop on RH at 2 mins or lower.

I don't have gold on that circuit experience no. I'll give that a go but the ai still seem crazy fast.

I've tried the Mazda and M6 as well

Sorry my bad. I ran a 1 stop on RH at 2 mins or lower.

I don't have gold on that circuit experience no. I'll give that a go but the ai still seem crazy fast.
General rule is that if you cant get gold on the Circuit Experience you probably wont be quick enough to win. Overall race time should be under 1:00:40 unless the AI really messes their race up. Sometimes they're just super quick too, some people struggled to win with race times 20 seconds below that.

The BRZ might be worth a shot because it's quite different to the GT3 cars in the way you make the laptime with it.

Has anyone tried race 8 recently.
Yesterday and I didnt notice any change.

I dont "understand" how I would be supposed to do it on 1 stop with RH, it seems so much easier to 2 stop with RM instead, though of course both is possible.

Yesterday and I didnt notice any change.

I dont "understand" how I would be supposed to do it on 1 stop with RH, it seems so much easier to 2 stop with RM instead, though of course both is possible.
I read somewhere that it was quicker doing the 1 stop. I'll try the 2 stop with mediums tonight but complete the circuit experience first

Ok so I'm still plugging away at this one. I've just come in 3rd using the AMG but just can't seem to get the lap times below 1:58. Time to try the Porsche 911

Hey thanks. Just beat it by pitting on lap 11 and on lap 20 so I didn't have to deal with the BMW and AMG too much directly.

I figured the amount of fuel was the reason and expected them to be in the lead after but not by that much! 😆 I was worried about all of that and forgot I had to deal with the NSX at the end. He kinda snuck up.
What car?

Ok so I tried the Hyundai and won by 1.1 seconds!!! I had to overtake the Mazda 1 stop on the last lap. Sweat pouring off me in the end as I was taking chunks out of his lead on the last 2 laps.

I never want to see that track or race ever again!! :D
Grats for the win. I know the feeling. Before I got my victory, I had one try where I was rammed of the track in the last corner of the last lap by rubilar. Almost uninstalled the game.

Last edited:
After latest patch I struggled to find fast and easy car for Alsace. In the detuned Ferrari 330 P4 is realy good for this race (tough not cheap ;d).

Last edited:
Just did the Human Comedy mission @ Trial Mountain with the BAC Mono. Gave it some racing brakes and clutch, 97 ECU and 99 strangler. Small tuning to make the car more stable and off we go. Started on sports soft, with mediums on the garage as well, and without any specific strategy.

FM1 for the first stint. Felt the car sliding a way too much for my taste, gave it a TCS 1 and it improved. After 1/2 lap of adaptation, started to cruise and to gain places, going into P4, then by lap 6 I started to feel the car slipping away too much. So I felt I needed to make a longer stint with mediums, and it was an opportunity to undercut as well. Full tank as well. Came back at 8th, and the undercut worked well, with everyone pitting 1/2 laps after, and made it to P1. However, Fraga was way too fast on softs, and it was hard to keep up. Brooks on P3 was also very stubborn and tried his best to gain the position on me. Had some very fun battles in this race, but always did cautious approaches as the AI in this game is scary sometimes. Fraga was always trying to build some distance as I eventually switched the FM to 2/3 but eventually, traffic was starting to slow him down, and I always managed to grab him, without managing the overtake.

So by lap 19, tires were wasted and I was losing much more time than expected, so I felt it was the right time to bring the softs. They lasted 6 on the first stint, but I was aggressive on overtakes and I feel that they could have lasted 1 additional lap. So I pit, bring in the softs and refuel for more 9,5 laps. I think the race would end by lap 28, but I gave some additional fuel to prevent wrong calculations from me. Always on FM1 from now. Igor Fraga was 27s in front, started giving it all and he pitted in the next lap. Was in front by 10s after he came out. From there, I always felt safe and comfortable, doing ~ 2:03 with ease. Built a 20s gap, but had to switch to FM2 in the final 3 laps.

Won by 21 seconds, and only did a technical mistake once (left out the track by 1-2 sec, might have lost 4-5 seconds). it was a very fun race. Not sure what the general strategy for this race is, but this one worked for me.

Managed an easy gold in the Kyoto Human Comedy in the Radical. Upgraded to Sports suspension, sports silencer and racing brakes and pads. Managed a no stopper. FM1 until I was 29s ahead then turned it down to 6 for a few laps, then up to 3 for the last 5 or so laps
1E976421-2EBC-4559-999A-B4ECE031B71F.png
B3371527-36F1-4B80-83D0-D081DA4D8E5F.png
B15F9687-F72B-4CE3-8BA0-11991CD86A62.png

Last edited:
Before bed, thought I’d quickly see if the rain radar was working for the Tsukuba mission. It wasn’t but I decided to soldier on anyway.

B8242072-C420-430E-8D4B-293682CBF74A.jpeg
20970366211172104.jpg

A bit tight towards the end. The back markers wouldn’t move an inch off line despite the blue flags, so I had to risk the skating rink round the outside on slick tyres. Lost 10s of my lead in about 3 laps. Resorted to ramming them out the way.

Just Maggiore left of the endurance races (and a few drift missions I’ve been avoiding like the plague).

Before bed, thought I’d quickly see if the rain radar was working for the Tsukuba mission. It wasn’t but I decided to soldier on anyway.

View attachment 1185510View attachment 1185509

A bit tight towards the end. The back markers wouldn’t move an inch off line despite the blue flags, so I had to risk the skating rink round the outside on slick tyres. Lost 10s of my lead in about 3 laps. Resorted to ramming them out the way.

Just Maggiore left of the endurance races (and a few drift missions I’ve been avoiding like the plague).
Nice one, little note the weather is always exactly the same in this race. Trophy Tom tell when you when to pit etc.

Nice one, little note the weather is always exactly the same in this race. Trophy Tom tell when you when to pit etc.
It feels more like a proper race if you don’t just follow a precise set of instructions.

Was good not knowing, nice bit of unpredictability.

Back