The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 444 comments
Is the 1. Mazda Roadster Touring - Tsukuba still bugged bij easy or hard?
Just finished this one on Normal. Praiano RS tune and FM3 to get 18-19 laps of fuel. Funny, the radar didn't show rain but it was there 3 times. Try to stay out a until the water gauge to half way. Everyone else pits constantly.

Just finished this one on Normal. Praiano RS tune and FM3 to get 18-19 laps of fuel. Funny, the radar didn't show rain but it was there 3 times. Try to stay out a until the water gauge to half way. Everyone else pits constantly.
I did it in hard it is still bugged

Posted originally in this thread, but saw this one as well so I figured in case someone didn't know the other thread existed, they could find my insight into this race, since out of the first 5 missions I've tried in ver. 1.21 of the game, this one was definitely the hardest (haven't tried Mission 7 or 8, and I gave up on Mission 5 because I couldn't find any setups that still worked in ver. 1.21).

Human Comedy Tsukuba Roadster TC race

tl;dr -
  • Done in ver. 1.21, difficulty still bugged so "Hard" AI difficulty is actually easiest
  • 1st rain started on Lap 23 and got wet enough for Inters Lap 27, dried back up enough for slicks Lap 29 - either stay out and be careful for 2.5 laps, or pit by Lap 25 for Inters and back to slicks by Lap 31
  • 2nd rain started on Lap 36, wet enough for Wets Lap 37, doesn't dry enough for slicks until Lap 47 - pit on Lap 36 for Wets and stay out until the end on that set of Wets
  • Fuel save smartly - AI runs out of fuel after 14-15 laps if weather doesn't change.

Full detail:

Saw pretty much all guides for this race were using pre-ver. 1.20 physics/tire wear, and I got different weather than what I've seen in the guides, so I figured I'd contribute to help anyone else out who may want guidance.

So, I completely messed up my tire changes and fuel stops, spun myself out twice, almost ran out of fuel, but still won with 1.6s to 2nd, thanks to the incompetence of the AI.

Tune:

The tune is shown in the screenshots below. Suspension is stock, the transmission is taken from @shaunm80 's tune, the LSD is taken from @alx42 , and I have the Custom Wing with downforce set to minimum (200). I also had some non-removable engine upgrades from before on, so I had to lower the power more than normal.

I used Racing Mediums for the dry tires and they lasted around 23 laps before I decided to pit. Someone with better tire management can probably push that to 25.

I ran with Fuel Map on 5 or 6 and shifted at around 25%-50% of the RPM bar to try to stretch fuel out as much as possible (it wasn't worth it in the end) and that would give me 24 laps of fuel.

Even in FM5 and shortshifting, I could comfortably lap in the 60s-61s range and even get into the mid/high 59s range with this setup.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909195632.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909195641.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909195649.jpg

Race:

I started on RM. The race started out dry, and clouds didn't appear in the sky until Lap 8, and they didn't show up on the Weather Radar at the 50mi range until around Lap 13. I was fuel saving holding out to see if it would rain at around Lap 20 or 23 like other guides said, but my tires were about to fall off the cliff by Lap 23 so I went in for another set of RM and filled my fuel tank. The AI don't fuel save and run out of fuel at around Lap 14 or Lap 15, regardless of their tire choice.

Of course, it started raining when I left the puts, and the moisture gauge was 1/3rd full by the end of Lap 26. I tried to stay out but I ended up spinning twice due to the lack of grip on Lap 27 due to the increasing moisture, and lost around 30s of time due to that. I pit for Inters at the end of Lap 27. But, the moisture gauge was back down to 1/3rd by Lap 29 and I pit for RMs at the end of Lap 31 because the track kept drying and the clouds were gone. If this is the weather you have, I'd recommend either tip-toeing around the track during the IM phase, or pit on Lap 25 for IM. The AI pits for IM around Lap 25 and Lap 26.

It started raining again on Lap 34, and this was heavy rain. The moisture gauge was at 1/3rd by Lap 36, and the AI began pitting for either Wets or Inters. I pit on Lap 36 for full Wets, and this is the tire you need, because the moisture gauge is up to 2/3rds by Lap 38 and even on the racing line, it goes into hydroplaning range by Lap 39. The rain doesn't stop until Lap 43, and the moisture level drops to 1/3rd by Lap 46. STAY ON THE WETS TO THE END.

The AI begins pitting very stupidly at the end of the race because they're matching the moisture gauge. I was 31s behind 1st place and 29s behind 2nd place going into the final few laps. 2nd place pits on Lap 51 for only fuel to last to the end, bringing me only 10s away from them. The next lap, they pit for IM only, which lets me pass them with a 10s margin. 1st place also pits on Lap 52 only for fuel to last to the end, which put me only around 13s behind them. On Lap 53, 2nd place pits for RH only, making them not a threat anymore. On Lap 53, 1st place pits for only IM, which then lets me have a 10s lead of the race with only 2 Laps to go. I'm running on fumes at this point and cross the finish line 1st with only a 1.6s gap.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909174539.jpg

Tires at the end of the AI's stints on Lap 14:

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909191019.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909191025.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909191039.jpg

Ok either I'm an idiot, or something has changed. On the Alsace race I was tuning all my cars under 450 pp because that was the limit. I thought. Today I look at it and the pp limit is 460! Did it change or am I an idiot? Umm, don't answer that!
edit: but those 10 pp points only gain 2 seconds or so a lap, I am so lost with this.
For reference, the best lap I'm able to do with any of these cars, The Jag, the Alpine, the BMW is 2:33ish. The winner is doing 2:24s I need 10 seconds and can't find it. Someone throw me a bone here :) End of rant.

Last edited:
Ok either I'm an idiot, or something has changed. On the Alsace race I was tuning all my cars under 450 pp because that was the limit. I thought. Today I look at it and the pp limit is 460! Did it change or am I an idiot? Umm, don't answer that!
edit: but those 10 pp points only gain 2 seconds or so a lap, I am so lost with this.
For reference, the best lap I'm able to do with any of these cars, The Jag, the Alpine, the BMW is 2:33ish. The winner is doing 2:24s I need 10 seconds and can't find it. Someone throw me a bone here :) End of rant.
Update 1.20 (iirc) changed the pp ratings a bit.

For Alsace this 2J tune still works.
20220910_053700.jpg

Add increased body rigidity.
This is a setup for Deep Forest that I might be able to get fastest in the world with.

is that a legend car? the normal Chapparal doesn't have that engine. and I wish I had known that before i spent a million credits on it haha. I need a break from this race anyway so I'll have to wait until that car is available again. Thanks. Oh i can win it with golds in Sun Also rises too. Well, there's a new challenge.

Last edited:
The Human Comedy - Alsace Pre-1979 460PP

tl;dr:

• Done in ver. 1.21 on Hard AI difficulty
  • Car - Fairlady Z432 '69 tuned to @praiano63 's 500PP SH tune with some changes as suggested by @Trotskyite and my own changes,
  • 1 stop race - only fuel, no tire change required

Full Detail

At the time, I couldn't find a 2J tune that still worked in ver. 1.21, I couldn't get the A220 to get below 460PP, and the A110 tunes I found were extremely uncompetitive. So, I shelved this race, until I saw in this thread the suggestion to use the Fairlady Z432 '69, and wow, that car and the tune below made the race a cakewalk. I was able to complete 25 laps and lapped the entire field in the end.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909232459.jpg

Tune

I used @Trotskyite 's advice and used their transmission and aero settings, @praiano63 's suspension and LSD settings, and my own parts list. I didn't want to add any non-removable parts, and my parts list shown in the screenshots below actually put me right at 460pp without needing to add any ballast or take away any power. I had Brake Balance set to 2 during the race since the front tires wear out faster than the rear tires, but the tire wear is so low it doesn't matter what you set it to, set it to your personal preference. The car has a wide-body installed, wide tire width, wide tire offset, and aero components for the Downforce settings.

As of Sep. 13 2022, the Fairlady Z 432 '69 is available in the Legend's Dealership, and should be for another week or two, for 190,000 credits. So, this should be a good alternative to using the 2J if you don't win it from the other Missions or haven't bought it from Legends for the several million credits it costs.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909233328.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909233341.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220909233351.jpg

Race Strategy

This is a simple 1-stop race for fuel only. The tires will last for the entire race, no matter how hard you beat on them. Depending on your pace and driving style, you'll need to use a leaner fuel map setting, short shift, and/or lift-and-coast to make sure your first tank can make it to the halfway mark. I had my fuel last for 35 minutes before I needed to pit. I refilled to a full tank just so I could burn more fuel towards the end. The fuel usage and lap times I noticed in my run was:
  • Fuel Map 4 + short shift + lift and coast:
    • 5% - 7% of tank per lap
    • Mid 2:28s on full tank, Low 2:28s - Mid 2:27s on low tank
  • Fuel Map 4 + rev out:
    • 7% - 8% of tank per lap
    • Mid 2:27s on half-full tank
  • Fuel Map 3 + rev out:
    • 9% - 10% per lap
    • Low 2:26s - Mid 2:25s on low tank
In terms of opponents, you don't really need to worry too much about them.

If you're lucky, the 911-swapped Sambabus will get caught up in traffic and be unable to lap freely. Even if it does break free though, it will stop every 7-8 laps for fuel, which came out to 3 pit stops in my race. That's a lot of time, so even if it gets too far ahead of you, you can make it up in the pits.

The 300SL was consistently 2nd place for me, but I was able to break away from it even on Fuel Map 4 + short-shifting. The 300SL pitted twice, on Lap 12 and Lap 22, so you'll have 1 pit stop less.

Otherwise, there's not much else to this race. This car felt like using a cheat code. Good luck, and have a good race!

Last edited:
Do those races give clean race bonus?
I couldn't find the answer :/
I think NO there is no clean bonus

Last edited:
For the 620 pp Deep Forest race I've used the Radical, you gain a lot on the infield on everyone else, don't lose too much on the straights (you can actually catch up with people if you have the slipstream), and the car is extremely good on fuel and tire saving, you'll need to pit only once for both tires and fuel.
As for what fuel mix to use, three on the infield, one on straights.
Besta car is The Audi quattro rally car, 50:50 you can turn 1:34' lap

Not in my race he didn't! Not only did he not stop at 58 minutes, he caught me up really quickly on the last but one lap, and rammed me into the wall in one of the tunnels - he and 6 other cars passed me, and I finished 8th.

Gutting, as it looked like I was going to win at the first attempt.....
Try Audi sport quattro s1, is The best cara turn 50:50 traction , you can turn 1:34'

I used a Cappuccino on the Kyoto and Deep Forest events on patch 1.23. Yes, you read that right: Suzuki Cappuccino. I won Kyoto by 30 seconds over Solis and had a decent lead at the end of Deep Forest. I cannot get the car below 400PP for the Kei car race, though, as its rotary engine has some of the permanent upgrades and cannot be replaced.
I believe the replays and possibly the tunes I used have been uploaded.

The Human Comedy - Alsace Pre-1979 460PP

tl;dr:

• Done in ver. 1.21 on Hard AI difficulty
  • Car - Fairlady Z432 '69 tuned to @praiano63 's 500PP SH tune with some changes as suggested by @Trotskyite and my own changes,
  • 1 stop race - only fuel, no tire change required

Full Detail

At the time, I couldn't find a 2J tune that still worked in ver. 1.21, I couldn't get the A220 to get below 460PP, and the A110 tunes I found were extremely uncompetitive. So, I shelved this race, until I saw in this thread the suggestion to use the Fairlady Z432 '69, and wow, that car and the tune below made the race a cakewalk. I was able to complete 25 laps and lapped the entire field in the end.

View attachment 1192579

Tune

I used @Trotskyite 's advice and used their transmission and aero settings, @praiano63 's suspension and LSD settings, and my own parts list. I didn't want to add any non-removable parts, and my parts list shown in the screenshots below actually put me right at 460pp without needing to add any ballast or take away any power. I had Brake Balance set to 2 during the race since the front tires wear out faster than the rear tires, but the tire wear is so low it doesn't matter what you set it to, set it to your personal preference. The car has a wide-body installed, wide tire width, wide tire offset, and aero components for the Downforce settings.

As of Sep. 13 2022, the Fairlady Z 432 '69 is available in the Legend's Dealership, and should be for another week or two, for 190,000 credits. So, this should be a good alternative to using the 2J if you don't win it from the other Missions or haven't bought it from Legends for the several million credits it costs.

View attachment 1192580

View attachment 1192577

View attachment 1192578

Race Strategy

This is a simple 1-stop race for fuel only. The tires will last for the entire race, no matter how hard you beat on them. Depending on your pace and driving style, you'll need to use a leaner fuel map setting, short shift, and/or lift-and-coast to make sure your first tank can make it to the halfway mark. I had my fuel last for 35 minutes before I needed to pit. I refilled to a full tank just so I could burn more fuel towards the end. The fuel usage and lap times I noticed in my run was:
  • Fuel Map 4 + short shift + lift and coast:
    • 5% - 7% of tank per lap
    • Mid 2:28s on full tank, Low 2:28s - Mid 2:27s on low tank
  • Fuel Map 4 + rev out:
    • 7% - 8% of tank per lap
    • Mid 2:27s on half-full tank
  • Fuel Map 3 + rev out:
    • 9% - 10% per lap
    • Low 2:26s - Mid 2:25s on low tank
In terms of opponents, you don't really need to worry too much about them.

If you're lucky, the 911-swapped Sambabus will get caught up in traffic and be unable to lap freely. Even if it does break free though, it will stop every 7-8 laps for fuel, which came out to 3 pit stops in my race. That's a lot of time, so even if it gets too far ahead of you, you can make it up in the pits.

The 300SL was consistently 2nd place for me, but I was able to break away from it even on Fuel Map 4 + short-shifting. The 300SL pitted twice, on Lap 12 and Lap 22, so you'll have 1 pit stop less.

Otherwise, there's not much else to this race. This car felt like using a cheat code. Good luck, and have a good race!
Thanks for the guide.
I have won this on EASY ai mode.
But i barely managed to win 15 secs ahead with those setup.
I was lapping around with 2min 28 sec.
Is this race bugged on easy mode?
Because i see that you lapped 2nd car.

I am not able to get gold on the Deep Forest Raceway. Tried 5-6 times, closest I got was 14 sec behind the guy in the Porsche Taycan by using the Atenza Gr. 4, with 1 pitstop for fresh tires halfway in the race. I know people use this car without any stops, but I'm not thát good at preserving my tires (also I'm on a controller).
Anyone had more luck with this on the recent patches? (1.23+)

I went back yesterday evening for my 2nd driver......
before yesterday, an attempt with the McLaren like the 1st time.....
but this time, 2nd with 16" of delay....glup?!?!🤔🤔

so I tried last night with the stars of the "Daily Race".....
almost half an hour with the Alfa 155, but definitely not fast enough.....
so, I tried the WRX, more HP but also heavier.....🤔

but surprise, I was following the pace of the Taycan....
well pulled by the A110 during 6-7 laps and which suddenly dropped the business.....
and at the time of the 1st refueling of the Porsche, I was only 5" behind....

I refueled after 30' with very tired but still efficient front tires....
and it went on like that until the 3rd pit stop of the Taycan where I saw that I was 52" ahead, so I had a pit stop to change my HR without refueling....

so I recommend you the WRX...I finished with 30" of advance....

did I find the right race with a well behaved Taycan?...
well, that's what I wish you.....
I am in "normal difficulty".

5. 620pp - Deep Forest Raceway
For this race, the decision is between a more fuel efficient GR.4 car or a road car that can make up time on the straights.
I went with the Mclaren 650s GR.4 on RH tires for a 1-stop strategy. Looking at the results, it seems likely to be the easiest strategy for this race.
View attachment 1138098
View attachment 1138102

Tune:
I went with a slight ballast and detuned power to reach the 620pp limit. Otherwise the setup is default.
If i was to do the race again, i would reduce downforce, put on a bit more ballast and increase engine power, as this is a really fast track, and with the default setup i lost quite a bit of time on the straights.
View attachment 1138100
View attachment 1138101

Strategy:
For the GR.4 cars the strategy is simple: fuel map 1 and stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and fuel for the last 30 minutes. This strategy will be viable in any GR.4 cars as they all have good fuel efficiency.
Go for a car that has good straight line speed to make the race easier.

When racing, don’t worry about the Taycan blasting ahead up the road, he will stop at 15, 30, 45 and 58 minutes to recharge.

6. 1979 and earlier - Alsace
This was another really fun race. I went with the BMW 3.0 CSL with the wide body. The main goal here was to use a car that could 1-stop the race with fuel being the limiting factor, so i tried to find a car with a small’ish engine compared to some of the main rivals.
View attachment 1138211
View attachment 1138221

Tune:
View attachment 1138212
View attachment 1138214
I tuned based on the comfort soft tire, as it’s simply easier to drive a 450pp car on comfort soft than on the other two compounds. The main goal was to keep weight low to reduce fuel usage and keep car nice and smooth to drive.

Strategy:
Even the soft tire wont wear out in this race, unless you really slide around a lot. With this car it was possible to reach the halfway point before having to refuel running map 1 with a bit of short shifting at around 85-90% rpm.
Depending on the fuel usage of the car a lower map may be necessary, but it’s about staying patient as most of the fast AI‘s will do two stops.

For these older cars its always about smooth driving and inputs, they can slide a lot, and its faster to stay in traction.

7. GR.3 - Red Bull Ring
Coming up.

8. GR.3 - Lake Maggiore
Time for the final challenge, and there’s been a lot of talk on the difficulty of this race on the forums. Compared to most of the other races it’s definitely harder.
I went with the 911 RSR for my first attempt as it’s my favorite GR.3 car. I lapped 1:57’s through most of the race on a two stop RM->RM->RM strategy and won with 22 seconds to the M6 who also did a two stop on RM’s.
View attachment 1138222

Tune:
No tune for this race as its BoP.

Strategy:
Two possible strategies here that are quite close in terms of total race time.
1-stop RH -> RH, i think this is the easier strategy. For some cars it might require a bit of fuel saving to reach the 30 minute mark before stopping. In general this strategy is favored for cars with turbo engines as they generally use less fuel. The exception is the RX-VISION that has great fuel economy even being NA due to the rotor-engine.
Good car choices:
  • RX-Vision
  • Peugeot RCZ
  • Peugeot VGT GR.3
  • Mclaren 650s GT3

2-stop RM -> RM -> RM, i used this strategy in the 911 and used fuel-map 1 all race and pushed all race while trying to avoid excessive tyre wear.
The two-stop will work with most cars, but requires quite fast times throughout the race to be able to pull it off.
I will update the post once i have done another attempt at this race to figure out the best strategy.
Heads up peeps, I’ve found that some of these setups may no longer meet PP ratings, I couldn’t make the S660 tune meet the pp requirement, I opted for 140bhp cappuccino setup that did the job with a 37 second lead at the end.

I guess wet tires is pointless? I did some 30 minute race at highspeed ring but racing softs appeared to perform better then intermediates. Also they where fine until 1 % left but at 0 % undrivable? Is all tires like that?
Also is there any actual damage of the cars or is it only tire wear you have to worry about?

For anyone struggling with Alsace on patch 1.25, use this guide:

Managed to win it with this setup. Had a 1m1sec lead when the timer hit zero, managed to do 25 laps. Mostly lapped around 2:25-2:26, one or two f-ups made me do 2:28 and a fastest lap of 2:24.3

Only did 2:31 in laps 22 to 24 because I was afraid I would ran out of fuel, lol.

Did Tsusuba okay wet tires was not entirely pointless. Now doing the red bull. Did some time trial and mercedes rided kerbs like a king and was just way quicker then the mclaren, porsche, audi and ferrari. The mid engine car really seemed to suffer the most. Was a bit annoying because I really liked the mclarens in Assetto corsa and assetto corsa competizione. No idea if it´s just bad stock setup but it just wanted to understeer oddly enough.

I ran this one and finished 3rd, 1 minute behind P1. I thought the problem was me running 2.30/2.31.xx laps, whilst the cars in front were running 2.26.xx, and then I saw your fastest lap time of 2.24.xx!

I must be doing something really wrong, as I've more power than you, more torque, and less weight......🤔
Could you compete in the straights? I wasted a lot of money on various kei cars. Started with the s660 but I got obliterated in top speed with that one. I find a low speced car so I could just dump it all on engine upgrades without adding to much ballast. It do better but I still need slipstream to even remotely hang with them and it´s in the corners I can make time. I have not made a serious attempt at it yet though.

I still have issues with Autopolis Kei Cars.
is there any chance to get an engine swapped Kei Car under 400PP and a decent set-up?

@GrazRS
Engine swapped honda beat qualifies.
Just ran this recently. 308bhp and 1004kg weight.
Tcs on 5 to save tyres.

Here is another one for few difficult races
(Works with racing hard tyres only):

Where is that mysterious honda beat :)

As for race 4 use the radical instead so much easier. Don´t even have to buy any upgrades. Get so much speed through the corners so it takes forever for the heavier more powerful cars is able to challenge you at the end of the straights whereas you so easy can cling on. Though after the first stint there was noone contesting me. Corners is so wide and long it´s just as easy as to pass on the straights so get to the top on the first stint was a smooth affair. Virtually no tire wear.

I still have issues with Autopolis Kei Cars.
is there any chance to get an engine swapped Kei Car under 400PP and a decent set-up?
I did it again recently, winning by over a minute, and posted details here, no engine swap needed:

Last edited:
It´s a damn WV bus that do 2:24s!!! I finished it in 4th place but 3rd was 0,5 tenth ahead and 2nd 1,4 seconds. one stop and changing tires as you loose what 3 seconds max not changing tires? The cheating dual stopping WV Bus 7 seconds ahead. Awesome race in the CSL constantly on the hunt and always feeling like I am lacking. Uphill sections was a forte though which made the last section thrilling as it was there you finally was able to attack :D

Is lsd differential unlock? I also still for the life of me can´t find anything in the tuning shop that give me wings so I can adjust downforce. kei car race seem virtually impossible. I can´t tune any car to keep up on the straights. And I can´t get any balance in the corners even when running light car because downforce appear to be wrongly distributed in all 5 kei cars I bought.

There is some legendary honda beat that isn´t available for purchase I haven´t tried.
Last race seem daunting as well. First attempt in mercedes GT 3 was 13th place. My hotlap was actually just 1,5 seconds slower but that is on medium tires so I have no strategic advantage. First laps seemed promising quickly up to 6th place but then the AI started pushing like crazy.

But the odd thing is I don´t understand why I get purple sector times when waiting behind other cars, overtaking (no slipstream to speak of) loosing tons of time and then +1 second on a lap that appear to be much better. Dunno if I have some tire overheat cycles or what is going on there. On all other tracks I can feel when I get a corner right but here I can get in the grass and get a purple sector time with worn tires if in the right cycle it seems.

I also still for the life of me can´t find anything in the tuning shop that give me wings so I can adjust downforce
You have to get the front and rear aero from the car customisation section in GT Auto. Bizarrely, wide body is in the maintenance section. I think the game does teach you these things at some early stage if you work through the cafe menus.

You have to get the front and rear aero from the car customisation section in GT Auto. Bizarrely, wide body is in the maintenance section. I think the game does teach you these things at some early stage if you work through the cafe menus.
I am at level 36. But its not in tune shop?

I am at level 36. But its not in tune shop?
No, GT Auto for the front and rear aero, wide body, and wide wheels and offset, all in different places within there. I don't know why they put them in different places like that rather than everything in the tuning shop.

help ! !!
1.25 Deep Forest Alsace Redbull Lake Maggiore Four tracks

What car should be used, the previous guides can t work .

AI straight line is really fast。

Latest Posts

Back