The "I can't believe they raced it!" Thread.

• Thread starter adam46
  • 688 comments
2011-toyota-prius-gt300.jpg

Yup, a Prius GT300 racecar.

As much as I hate the Prius, I cannot dislike a Super GT car. And it's not really a Prius, it's like a single seater with some Prius-esque body panels.

gpx1955.jpg

Eifelland Type 21 during 1972 Formula One season.
Here's a wiki about it for more history.

images_display_image.jpg

But it's this model that gave me love/hate affair about the car design!

Aaand here are some of it which is WTF but they'd never raced it though...

Arrows-Wing.jpg

Arrows A22 at Monaco GP 2001. Used on practice session but quickly banned. I dunno why they'd done that but I believe it's some target sight crash into someone's cars. :crazy:

312T6.jpg

6 wheelers Ferrari 312T6, anyone?

March.jpg

March 751 big 🤬, group C style diffuser. Take that you double diffuser!

Tyrell.jpg

Tyrell 012. Honestly, I don't mind they raced it though. I mean, it really looked awesome by my own dictionary!:drool:

DSCF1736_display_image.jpg

The original Maki F101. Never raced it since it's 150kg overweight. :ill:

Brabham.jpg

Last but not least. Formula 2 Brabham BT23C. IKEA bookshelf used...

The Maki F101 looks like an LMP2.

Also, :lol: at the BT23C.

I drive one for work. Everything is wrong with them
It's a decent car, and it's no different to any other small touring car. Just because you don't like a car in it's road guise doesn't mean it deserves to get posted here.

doesn't mean it deserves to get posted here.

I don't see why not, most people wouldn't think of a race car upon seeing a Honda Fit, so it makes it unusual to see a whole series of them racing.

I don't see why not, most people wouldn't think of a race car upon seeing a Honda Fit, so it makes it unusual to see a whole series of them racing.
I just see those people as the ones who think motorsport = F1, anything else = Rally. I see pretty much anything as a potential race car, it's not unusual in any way.

I see pretty much anything as a potential race car, it's not unusual in any way.

As do I, but reading through this thread I have to admit most of the cars seem like odd choices for race cars (2CV, Gremlin, Full-size vans, Smart Cars etc...). Anyways, I think you are getting the wrong impression of what this thread is about, it's just about unlikely race cars, not cars that people think shouldn't be racing.

Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't think a Fit is unlikely as a race car.

Maybe i'm the only one who doesn't think a Fit is unlikely as a race car.

I'm sure there are plenty of others, however if we all shared that view(or any other view) this forum would be a rather boring place.:cheers:

I wonder if anyone has mentioned the Life F190 yet? A car that never made it out of Pre Qualifying and was at one particular race about 360 ish seconds from the pole position time.

Latest Posts

Back