The " I want a livery editor" thread.

• Thread starter stucar17
  • 1,351 comments
Surely thousand of aero parts are more than wheels and spoilers right?

Some diffusors, extension plates, front bumpers for premiums most likely.

Yes, I'd expect at least everything available in GT5, only this time made functional. I really hope for accurate performance representations as well. There are a few decisions to be made in selecting the diffuser, rather than just slapping one on, for instance. Then of course when dealing with multiple parts, you can't just mix and match, front and rear downforce need to be balanced.

It would be nice if you could finely position the parts, but I don't see that happening. Different parts should have strengths and weaknesses though.

I think this part of GT6 is exactly what they said it was in the launch video...lots of aero parts (my guess is most non-functioning as well) and wheels and nothing more. If it was a livery editor they would have said livery editor. When it comes to GT you are usually disappointed when you assume that something vague is more than you expect, as opposed to less.

You guys are really setting yourself up for disappointment with all of this wild speculation.

I'm not, my rally aero parts thoughts was to much, but my first post was understandable though. But you never know though. ;)

Basically that's how I pictured there being lots of aerodynamic parts. The spoilers and wheels were the previews of them from what we saw imo.

I think this part of GT6 is exactly what they said it was in the launch video...lots of aero parts (my guess is most non-functioning as well) and wheels and nothing more. If it was a livery editor they would have said livery editor. When it comes to GT you are usually disappointed when you assume that something vague is more than you expect, as opposed to less.

Exactly.

I'd like a livery editor aswell, count me in.

I would love to have a livery editor in GT6. I don't think that it would take PD too much time/resources to include and it allows the player an opportunity to have a truly unique car in an online world where you can currently (in GT5) see any number of cars that look identical.

Granted with the apparent inclusion of more visual aftermarket parts in GT6, we will see a larger differentiation between cars, but with a livery editor there really is no limit and the odds of seeing a "doppleganger car" if you will would be little to none.

Hmm... livery editor, being able to create your own personalized car.

That sounds intersting. :)

dd-supra-fast-1-big.jpg

I'd happily accept a livery editor in GT6. I just hope it has a decent interface, have at least 1000 vinyls and include the ability to apply negative vinyls so they don't read backwards.

I would love to have a livery editor in GT6. I don't think that it would take PD too much time/resources to include and it allows the player an opportunity to have a truly unique car in an online world where you can currently (in GT5) see any number of cars that look identical.

Granted with the apparent inclusion of more visual aftermarket parts in GT6, we will see a larger differentiation between cars, but with a livery editor there really is no limit and the odds of seeing a "doppleganger car" if you will would be little to none.

Actually a livery editor would free up time/resources.

Why licence 20 separate DTM teams and spend all that time making them look right when all you need do is licence the series, three cars, present them to us in black carbon form and let us make our own teams?

Actually a livery editor would free up time/resources.

Why licence 20 separate DTM teams and spend all that time making them look right when all you need do is licence the series, three cars, present them to us in black carbon form and let us make our own teams?

Agreed.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Include the kind of editor that iRacing has. This kind of livery editor with the tons of colours in GT5 (matte, pearl, candy, metallic, solid) plus iRacing's option to choose from a wide range of sponsors would be really cool I think.

iracingpainter.png

Dg95n1a.jpg

Tokyo Game Show 2006. Still waiting.

LOL, remember the stunt arenas we had in GT5?

SCE's president of Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida, June 21, 2010: "These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races."

I'd happily accept a livery editor in GT6. I just hope it has a decent interface, have at least 1000 vinyls and include the ability to apply negative vinyls so they don't read backwards.

Agreed!! Two games that had good livery editors were the first GRID, and if anyone remembers Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli.
I loved using the different vinyls to shape, stretch and position them anywhere!!!

Yeah I thought it sounded something like that as well, plus the SLS GT3 has no livery. That has to be hinting a livery editor will be in GT6. 👍
I was thinking that too. Either that or it will be like the R8 LMS. Plain livery then race livery as well. Ironically the "race livery" version could signal a return of the Stealth version (fingers crossed)
That's the same though as the Lexus whatever it is in gt5. Racecar with a standard paint job. I saw the merc and thought it can have some wicked liveries added if available.
Lexus IS-F Touring car concept? that with an editor would be killer.

That's actually what the Mercedes GT3 looks like though, plain silver with no livery. Still, let's all hope we do end up getting one. A proper one. :)

See above.

LOL, remember the stunt arenas we had in GT5?
...chucking cars around stunt arenas...."

So..he meant cape ring? :sly:

On-topic, livery editor is a must. Please, please, PLEASE! I hope it's possible.

To me personalized means liveries. If it's just aero parts, wheels, paints, and upgrades, that's all stuff anyone can do. You could make your own car, but someone else could easily make the exact same one without even seeing your car. Liveries on the other hand is really only true way to "personalize" your car, because there's so many combinations that you could create a unique design that really would be unique.

The question is, whether PD has the same definition of personalized that I do.

Is there any end to your Forza bashing and subtle digs at any given opportunity?
Dude, I think you need to chill pill or something. If you can think of a game that takes the crown from having a flood of rowdy adolescents doing naughty things with their rides, state your case. Besides, I wasn't bashing Forza as much as human nature. Capiche? ;)

Anyhow, with GT6 providing a basis for online clubs and leagues, and the hosting of race events, series and championships, this is practically demanding both a well endowed Race Mod for most cars and a Livery Editor, dare I say it, as good as the one in Forza.

On the matter of templates, I think they need to be in GT6's Livery Editor, but not solely. I've rarely liked any game's templates save for very few examples because I think they're poorly designed. iRacing's templates do nothing for me.

To me personalized means liveries. If it's just aero parts, wheels, paints, and upgrades, that's all stuff anyone can do. You could make your own car, but someone else could easily make the exact same one without even seeing your car. Liveries on the other hand is really only true way to "personalize" your car, because there's so many combinations that you could create a unique design that really would be unique.

The question is, whether PD has the same definition of personalized that I do.

Even though I'd love a livery editor as much as you do, I don't believe it's exclusively a livery editor that can create a personalized car.
I agree that just more parts to fit wouldn't truly create something unique but perhaps you can alter those parts in way so that it really becomes a custom car and not just a slightly customized car.

Sorry for bringing up that white car again and sorry for speculating (although in this case it's more an example to show there's more to personalization than only a livery).

gt6hz.jpg

But what if this car started out looking like this (a Ruf version ofcourse), or any other car with a similar or more accurate looking glasshouse section?

Porsche_911_GTS_997-1.jpg

And you can could replace the fenders/doors/etc. with some basic default shapes you could then model or alter (within limitations) and fit with other lights (GT-R style in the case of the white car) and mirrors etc.

It would have been nice if they were a bit more specific. I think its links with the "thousands" of aero and wheel upgrades.

Hehe, glad I'm not the only one. :)👍

I like analog's thoughts on what the personalization is as well. ;)

If you look at that picture and then examine the 2010 Camaro, they ALMOST mirror each other.

All of the premiums should have this and then some.

I also fully expect the standards to do the same, although in a more limited manner.

If you look at that picture and then examine the 2010 Camaro, they ALMOST mirror each other.

All of the premiums should have this and then some.

I also fully expect the standards to do the same, although in a more limited manner.

Agreed! :D:tup:

So because you wouldn't like it, it shouldn't be in the game? Have you seen real race cars lately? Even at grass roots level liveries are used, it's an important part of car customisation.

Exactly.

Edit: I would hope for custom bodykits instead of generic aftermarket wings: bodykits make street cars look like racing cars (with the addition of liveries) rather than simply ricers.

Last edited:
Back