the "just plain ugly" car thread

Personally I love the Vibe. It might have something to do with that stupendously comfortable Toyota steering wheel, or the Toyota suspension, or...

Anyway, Pontiacs just aren't my kind of car. The GTO is cool, comfortable, and it goes fast in a straight line. That's what it's supposed to do. But it doesn't take much to go fast in a straight line.

I like the Solstice. It's a tick heavier, bigger, and more powerful than the Miata. Which means it performs about the same. It's a good car.

Everything else pretty much sucks. The old ones were god-awful disgusting things to look at.

EDIT: YSS, don't compare Toyota of today to anything. Modern Toyota is worthless. Toyota as any car enthusiast cares to remember it ended when they stopped Celica production. I hope they still make its steering wheel though...

Now, for more hideousness...

2005_Chevrolet_MonteCarlo_ext_1.jpg

I got into an arguement today with a co-worker when he said this looked good. This is possibly the ugliest thing GM has put out minus the Aztek.

Personally speaking, they're near the bottom of the Monte Carlo ugly scale, but they certainly aren't the worst. However, the updated ones that were just killed looked nice, I thought...

---

Anyway, Pontiacs just aren't my kind of car. The GTO is cool, comfortable, and it goes fast in a straight line. That's what it's supposed to do. But it doesn't take much to go fast in a straight line.

I like the Solstice. It's a tick heavier, bigger, and more powerful than the Miata. Which means it performs about the same. It's a good car.

Everything else pretty much sucks. The old ones were god-awful disgusting things to look at.

EDIT: YSS, don't compare Toyota of today to anything. Modern Toyota is worthless. Toyota as any car enthusiast cares to remember it ended when they stopped Celica production. I hope they still make its steering wheel though...

The GTO handled quite well for a car of its mass as I recall, something that surprised a lot of people. Sure, it didn't go around corners like a BMW, but it did a damn-good job, enough to make it a balanced touring car.

As for the Solstice, I agree. Its about as good as an alternative is going to get to the Miata right now. I just wish they'd sell more stripper ones...

As for everything else sucking, it largely depends. Pontiac is in the middle of a transition, so they've got to phase out the crap cars, and bring in the better ones. That being said, it isn't as though all of their cars are piss-poor. The GTP and GXP models all perform surprisingly well, despite their old bones.

...And Toyota? I only bring it up to be mean...

No. The M6 is a terribly poorly thought out design with poorly thought out body kits slapped on it. There is only one good looking 6-series. And BMW isn't where you go to buy it.
:mad: That squares it! I'm going to buy an A5 and an M6, then marry both of them just to spite all of you!!!

But its NASCAR-inspired!

You've got to admit, the follow-up was a lot better:

montess06.jpg

I miss it already...

But its NASCAR-inspired!

You've got to admit, the follow-up was a lot better:

montess06.jpg

I miss it already...

I want one of those. Seriously. Only the SS with the 5.3 liter V8 though. I dont care which wheels are driven. It looks good, it's cheap, and it's got a V8. 300 hp ftw.

Its just too bad they never offered it with a stick and RWD. What IS interesting is that I could have a Monte SS/Impala SS for the same price as a well-used Passat W8.

I can't make up my mind!

If you passed up the W8, I'd be forced to make sure that Herr Doktor came by to un-pimp ze auto..

:
;)

It's the poster car for emos. :lol:

But it's not black!

Does anyone know what car it actually is? Hint: Hot Wheels makes one. It's obscure enough that I thought it was fake until about a year ago, which is a year after I saw the Hot Wheels version.

teh B Engineering Edonis. it is based on the bugatti eb110, as LSA just said, but it is not a modified 110. it's like the dodge caliber and the jeep compass. but much cooler. and emo.

and I was going to say Rinspeed... speaking of which, I'm surprised we haven't seen any of his creations in here along with Sbarro...

EDIT: like this

05-jumbuck-f-st.jpg

Proton Jumbuck

wira_abmain.jpeg

Proton Wira SE

untitled.jpg

Ssanyong Musso

Kyron.jpg

Ssanyong Kyron

If anyone can find more pictures of the Proton Wira SE, please put them up; it's one of the worst ugliest vehicles EVAR.

05-jumbuck-f-st.jpg

Proton Jumbuck

wira_abmain.jpeg

Proton Wira SE

untitled.jpg

Ssanyong Musso

Kyron.jpg

Ssanyong Kyron

If anyone can find more pictures of the Proton Wira SE, please put them up; it's one of the worst ugliest vehicles EVAR.

Ditto! I just really hate my Malaysian cars. I mean the original Wira was originally from a Mitsubishi Lancer. And the Jumbuck/ Arena was just awful! :yuck: But i think Proton cars are just "normal". Not too great and not too expensive. Well i think Proton need a new car designer.....

Here is another ugly car: (in my opinion)
waja-campro.jpg

Proton Waja Campro

mme_waja_1.jpg

Proton Waja MME Edition

lolz we don't get proton or ssangyong in america but since when did ssangyong start exporting cars outside of north korea? i still hate protomotors for not exporting the spirra to america

electric20car.jpg

Back