The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

Well the car isn't running a hybrid system right now, so of course it's not as fast as what he said they would be with it.

So? That was their target, they failed. Simple. Other LMP1 cars without the hybrid systems went quicker. And with less money.

And have they denied it? I haven't read anything.

:lol:

If you have the money figures, by all means post them.
You have Nissans? I'm pretty sure they would have spent more. The heavy hybrids system they have for three different cars costs a lot. So you have about ten engine units containing a hybrid system for no reason...

I don't have the numbers, but you claim to know them. So by all means, please share.
It's been well aired a hybrid system is a lot more expensive, four times of a normal engine. So you got ten of those. So basic logic would suggest on engines alone they are already spending more. Not forgetting extra fuel as the hybrid isn't working so they burn more without it functioning.

But no I don't have the figures. But maybe you could clarify the situation to me.

But no I don't have the figures. But maybe you could clarify the situation to me.
Well they said they have 10 engines, you're only assuming they have 10 hybrid systems to go with them. Just an assumption, nothing more.

I am interested in the figures if you know exactly how much they've spent. :)

Well they said they have 10 engines, you're only assuming they have 10 hybrid systems to go with them. Just an assumption, nothing more.

I am interested in the figures if you know exactly how much they've spent. :)
I just asked you to clarify the numbers. If you know better than me, then tell.

I just asked you to clarify the numbers. If you know better than me, then tell.

Don't turn this around on me, you were the one that claimed to know that other teams have spent less money. I'd like to know how you know this. :)

Don't turn this around on me, you were the one that claimed to know that other teams have spent less money. I'd like to know how you know this. :)
No you are right I don't know the numbers. But do you? Otherwise you are only being judging everything you have ever said. You aren't anymore special than us. You work at Nissan great but you don't know more than us.

Nissan have under performed this year at Le Mans. Maybe they could win but right now you would say it would be a struggle. (Waits for him to come back and say I'm all wrongs and Nissan will prove you all wrong)

I'm actually going to sleep now since it's nearly 7am here. :)

No you are right I don't know the numbers. But do you? Otherwise you are only being judging everything you have ever said. You aren't anymore special than us. You work at Nissan great but you don't know more than us.

Nissan have under performed this year at Le Mans. Maybe they could win but right now you would say it would be a struggle. (Waits for him to come back and say I'm all wrongs and Nissan will prove you all wrong)

I'm actually going to sleep now since it's nearly 7am here. :)
Ugh. :lol:

NO, I do not know the numbers, but that is irrelevant because I wasn't the one the brought it up in the first place. So you admit that when you said the other teams have spent less money, you actually lied. And didn't you call me out for lying?

I never said I was special, but I do remember saying to keep my employment out of the discussion because it has nothing to do with my personal opinions.

And lastly, go back and read my post in the other thread about hardly expecting them to finish this year. I think you missed it.

Ugh. :lol:

NO, I do not know the numbers, but that is irrelevant because I wasn't the one the brought it up in the first place. So you admit that when you said the other teams have spent less money, you actually lied. And didn't you call me out for lying?

I never said I was special, but I do remember saying to keep my employment out of the discussion because it has nothing to do with my personal opinions.

And lastly, go back and read my post in the other thread about hardly expecting them to finish this year. I think you missed it.
Yeah whatever you want me to say I've just said it.
Yeah I lied. Im guilty ah no.

Nissan for the win yeahyayayayayay. All hail you because I can't be bothered for discussing with you anymore since you kill my joy for a sport I love. But cool yeah just ruin it for me okay. Ugh. Going back to Autosport were people discuss and don't bring their boss into this.

Nissan for the win yeahyayayayayay. All hail you because I can't be bothered for discussing with you anymore since you kill my joy for a sport I love. But cool yeah just ruin it for me okay. Ugh.

Going back to Autosport were people discuss and don't bring their boss into this.
:odd::confused:

This here is the best news I've seen in this thread for ages !!!! It means Toyota isn't getting all "RBRed" with the apparent lack of speed from this year's car. Kudos to them!

Formula 1 should have taught you that a group named Toyota can go winless for the one major thing they've striven for in an automotive competition and still keep trying until a financial issue on a global scale forces them to finally give in.

In other words of course they'll keep going

Well I've been a reader for 11 years and it sure as hell beats motorsport.Com

I've been reading all sorts of media for years, other then community based ones I'm yet to really see anything without any form of fabricated information

Motorsport.com have the money to buy every Autosport staff member which they've been doing recently but whilst they have Nick de Groot and his 'opinion' pieces they'll always be a laughing stock. The photo section is great though.
The photo section is the only useful part of the site.

Nissan for the win yeahyayayayayay. All hail you because I can't be bothered for discussing with you anymore since you kill my joy for a sport I love. But cool yeah just ruin it for me okay. Ugh. Going back to Autosport were people discuss and don't bring their boss into this.

He's never bought his boss in, in fact he has explicitly stated it's HIS views.

Pretty sure Audi and Porsche have invested a LOT more. Indeed only lot who probably haven't are Toyota, who are the most financially tight of the lot.

Let me make this quite clear to everyone in here.

Should anyone continue the bickering and petty digs at other members then they will be sitting out GT PLanet until well after the race is over.

If you can't comment in here with respect for the AUP and your fellow members then the staff will remove your ability to comment.

Formula 1 should have taught you that a group named Toyota can go winless for the one major thing they've striven for in an automotive competition and still keep trying until a financial issue on a global scale forces them to finally give in.

In other words of course they'll keep going

History teaches many lessons and it would be wise to be more humble about what we can take for granted from them:

Wikipedia page on Toyota Racing
In 1997 the team moved into track racing with a sports car project, twice failing to win the Le Mans 24 Hours. On 21 January 1999 Toyota announced its move into Formula One.

So, the only "Of course" here is that I will, of course, keep my satisfaction with the news that Toyota is developing a new car for next season.

History teaches many lessons and it would be wise to be more humble about what we can take for granted from them:

So, the only "Of course" here is that I will, of course, keep my satisfaction with the news that Toyota is developing a new car for next season.

No one said you shouldn't have satisfaction or implied it, my comment was just a friendly discussion on mutual happiness toward the same thing. Why you feel there is some sort of competition when I comment a post of yours (quite rare) is beyond me. However, though I'm quite well traversed in the history of various teams, the F1 effort they ran and built was one of the most expensive compared to their late 90s and current Prototype efforts. And it's due to the want to go to F1 that the late 90s Le Mans effort was canceled and why the current return was green lit, along with the innovation aspect.

The point is, it's easy to see why they would stay, it's R&D at work and fast pace for that matter, going back into their bottom line which is the manufacturing and internal design of their vehicles for general public. I didn't want to make this into some heated or serious discussion but if you want to be concise that is the point. So it's not at all surprising that a team that spent several years not even coming close to the championship in F1 on blown up budgets would spend it's current days in WEC and keep doing so even though they are once again not winning the main point they showed up for and that the public cares about...the 24h of Le Mans.

Anyways enjoy the race 👍

Latest Posts

Back