The List

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 18 comments
You are right ImaRobot, just wanted to catch the early folks. There is going to be some gnashing of teeth on this one I suspect. 200 cars with another 60 via dlc along with any others they decide to provide, gonna be interesting.

To say the truth I am really disappointed. There are so few cars, that in each class you are going to see the same few cars as opponents over and over again. Can someone seperate the cars into their classes? I think I will pass on this Forza or at least wait for a few DLCs, but I am not sure yet. Will sleep about it.

Last edited:
I think this will really make folks think a bit more about the "car pack", I know I will. Having a really impressive dlc lineup is going to be very important.

Game looks and sounds great. I'm sure there will be plenty of DLC(Cars and Tracks) Everything had to be completely redone from the cars to the Tracks and I would much rather have a playable next gen title done right from the ground up than car models carried over from old GT titles with a ton of standard cars. I would also rather have it in my hands now with a new console launch than waiting another 2+ years for them to get a lot more content. Looks like a great start, and a lot more to come. Should keep me busy and happy until a lot more is released and P Cars on next gen next year.

Especially since FM4 might have the best carlist of any racinggame. Even better than GT6.

This. So much this. My comment in the other thread still stands for me, of course - I really do appreciate that T10 is focusing on all next-gen assets, and cutting that which doesn't line up with that philosophy - but it does hurt a bit considering the FM4 list, especially after all the car packs, is quite possibly the best list of any game. Almost every car invited me to drive it, and I regularly curse the 550 garage limit because of always wanting multiple versions of certain cars. FM5 has the potential to improve on that diversity over time (now that we can have open-wheeled cars), but I imagine we're going to have to wait for FM6 to really return to the awesomeness that 4 provided.

Well the big thing for me is that a copy of GT6 is £40 and it does allot of things that Forza 5 Prologue does, some more and some less, Forza 5 will cost me £480+ if I want this almost mandatory DLC and it isn't revenging my pleasure centre's enough for that.

It's almost as if the fact that FM5 is coming out on a next gen console has caught everyone by surprise

I'm not sure it's so much that, as it is that this is still a predominantly GT website, which has sort of lulled folks into the idea of using massive swaths of previous generation assets as filler ;).

@SlipZtrEm, you sir have said it all, I have some high hopes for this game, but I know that some of them won't be realized until Forza 6? I am just itching to know what is in that LaFerrari dlc though.

Oh, me too, as it will quickly help me determine if the policy is more like FM4 (cool, unique new additions), or FH (the opposite of that).

Whilst I'm saddened by the list I'm also glad they have started fresh over.

Liverys, decent customisation, and what I consider the best tuning features on a console racer will help alleviate the lack if percieved variety. Cars that I have tuned from F Class to C have enough nuances to differentiate them too.

I really think that the Forza plan is more long term than short term back of the box bullet points which I applaud. They have thrown down the gauntlet to GT 7 IMHO. Will PD finally throw out the old assets ?

Time will tell.

Interesting points Spagetti69 concerning T10 and PD, certainly at this point T10 appears to be more forward thinking with drivatars and exclusion of any asset not deemed to be five star while PD seems more focused on quantity (max car and track count). Turn 10 has made a difficult decision to do something that was certain to cause push back, reduce assets, for the moment, I / we hope. In the meantime the other players, driveclub, project cars etc. appear to be focusing on an approach that is more like Turn 10's, at least in the way they are making the games look. The future is going to be interesting. While I am disappointed with the Turn 10 reduction, I don't like standard cars either, so I will be going back and forth between both games to get what I want.

I get that people are disappointed in the low car/track numbers (myself included) but when did that become the bigger factor over physics? For all the crap people talk about "simulation", it sure has taken a back seat.

Speaking for myself, the physics aren't much of a concern for me because FM4's were already the best on consoles, and they give me faith in FM5's being even better. So long as sticky grass is dealt with in another way (either made an option, or replaced with a different system to deter cutters, or even better, both), and aerodynamic effects don't kick in at 100mph on the dot, I'm really not too concerned.

The severe lack of genuinely new metal to the series is my main qualm. Of course, it's a double-edged sword; the less new metal, the more FM4 cars can return, and there was a whole mass of good ones.

Latest Posts

Back