Bathurst ... is coming

• Thread starter marto
  • 48 comments
Yep cannot wait for this.

Found this funny it was on ign
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...life-race-team-bathurst-confirmed-for-forza-5

Through the use of cutting-edge technology like laser-scanning and our new materials-based graphics engine, we can now precisely reproduce the characteristics of every corner, straight and detail to sub-centimetre accuracy; from the narrow twists and turns of the Esses, to the thrilling rollercoaster sprint down the Conrod Straight. This is the Bathurst that racing fans have been asking for years and we’re proud to bring it to them in Forza Motorsport 5.”

Considering a sharp Gran Turismo fan was able to quickly spring a team of photographers scanning the track in March last year, who claimed they were there to collect data from the track for GT6, Microsoft has done well to keep it a secret.

As a GT convert I would imagine that there will be some angry Gt fans out there thinking that they would be getting Bathurst..... They may still get it but...

I just wonder who, what, when they scanned the track? Like all assumptions aside with GT6 from back last year scanning the track did they do it before or recently?

The GT team have scanned a good amount of tracks that have yet to be explained, such as the Ascari resort.

Happy days!

forza5_bathurstreveal_01_1x_wm1-jpg.10651

YES YES YES YES!!!!! One of my favorite tracks FINALLY in Forza!!! I have been asking for this track since Forza 1. This is a good day indeed!! :drool::)

Bathurst (Mount Panarama)
original

I guess it is good to constantly demand things. Spa and Bathurst were definitely the top 2 tracks requested for years, and now they are in both GT and FM, good deal! What time of day is that BTW, late afternoon?

Such an amazing track. I can't wait for the races. I couldnt see T10 scanning Monaco really. If they do, I'll be head over heels for an Xbox One.

:sly:
I guess it is good to constantly demand things. Spa and Bathurst were definitely the top 2 tracks requested for years, and now they are in both GT and FM, good deal! What time of day is that BTW, late afternoon?

^^^^ So what you're saying is we need to create a big stink over weather and day/night cycles? :lol:
Yes exactly. That's why I am not purchasing this game day 1. Which is the first Forza I haven't purchased at launch. And that's coming from someone that LOVES the series. If F5 had come with day night and weather I would have bought the X1 at launch. I am VERY happy about Bathurst but there is no excuse for the lack of day night and weather in F5. I guess all I can do is hope they add it later for a couple tracks maybe sometime in 2014. Who knows they might even experiment with a DLC night day weather track to see how well it sells.

I cant wait to race on Bathurst. I haven't been on that track in a console game since Toca 2 on the Xbox. Last game I played that had Bathurst was Real Racing 3 on my Android.

Last edited:
Monaco is now the final frontier (plus realistic Nurburgring 24 hour layout)

Monaco is a must now with open wheelers having been included in FM5, and the Nurb HAS to have been recreated for the better.

^^^^ So what you're saying is we need to create a big stink over weather and day/night cycles? :lol:

LOL, I think we already have. It's safe to say that it will be in FM6, it has to be. I guess T10 are that serious when it comes to doing it the right way, meaning they don't just want 2 or 3 tracks with it, they probably want to have all tracks with that feature.

^^^^Keep up the good work man...Im unable to get to FM.net from work (firewall) so this site is my only avenue

This info came from www.forzamotorsport.net. Who cares where this comes from when it's a Forza board? Ever since forzaplanet.net went down and was combined with GT Planet, there's nobody in the industry to release this info on this board.

Haha, I know. I just find it funny that King posts some of the exact things from the Gaf threads. Good point though.

I wish Forza got some love on the homepage, but experts have determined that this is how WWIII would begin.

HAL20XX
I wish Forza got some love on the homepage, but experts have determined that this is how WWIII would begin.
We already have a forum section. They could not allow comments in FM news or ignore them. Problem solved.

Bathurst!! Yes! Were dreams are driven and developer listen.

While we don't have updates specifically for Forza, the Weekly Rewinds always have at least something mentioned about it 👍

Back