The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

about the GT40. As far as I know, every GT40 of that era, race or road had a 4 spd manual.

In that era, F1 cars had a 5 spd and a 5 spd box was a rare luxury sport option only available on the most exotic Ferrari Lamborghini.

What PD seeks to attempt is to improve driveability by giving you an aftermarket 5 spd like they used to offer into 1990s replicas. Turn10 does the same thing.

Of course in the current era, modern GT40 replicas have 6 spd manuals.

What annoys me is one of the most representative GT40s isnt here. IMO the Mk2 which is a 7 litre V8 in the slighty larger MK1 body is what a GT40 is most well known model.

maxresdefault.jpg

I also wish that they had full Gr.X and N300-N500 models of this.

To be complete they should have an N300 Mk1, N500 Mk2 and three Gr.X race versions, ie. Gr,X Mk1 Mk2 and the current Mk4.

Edit: comfort soft tyres (why is that a thing!)

What's wrong with comfort soft tyres?

about the GT40. As far as I know, every GT40 of that era, race or road had a 4 spd manual.

That isn't correct the 4.7litre MK1 GT40's were fitted with 5 speed ZF units. Note this wasn't officially a road car, but some were converted after they became obsolete and others were bought for the road - probably because the road version of the GT40 - the MK3 was ugly and didn't have the cachet or looks of the race cars.

The 7 litre cars had a 4 speed box specially built for them as there was no transaxle available at the time strong enough to handle the torque.

Well just comfort tyres in general, I wanna race, why would I fit comfort tyres to any car I planned to race with :confused:

Try the Mini Cooper S 1965 on comfort hard tyres - they match well the performance of the car, even when tuned to a realistic level. Tyres in the range comfort medium to sports hard are probably about right for the 1950's and '60's cars in the game and bring some of them to life.

If the people you are racing are using the same tyres you should have a great time!

That isn't correct the 4.7litre MK1 GT40's were fitted with 5 speed ZF units. Note this wasn't officially a road car, but some were converted after they became obsolete and others were bought for the road - probably because the road version of the GT40 - the MK3 was ugly and didn't have the cachet or looks of the race cars.

The 7 litre cars had a 4 speed box specially built for them as there was no transaxle available at the time strong enough to handle the torque.
Also the 4,9 litre models in 1968 and 1969, including P/1075 that won both races, had the ZF 5 DS 25 five speed transaxle. If anything is wrong, it's the Mk I using a T-44 four speed but I think (not sure though) that I've seen something about them in earlier models too. And as crazy as the ratios seem they're actually correct for one of the possible ratio sets for the T-44 which used largely the same mechanical parts as the Ford Toploader transmission.

sometimes the ghosts are solid...

Same thing happened in my Nations race yesterday. Car went on through the first chicane and got reset.... in the middle of the corner. Car behind was right where the reset happened, with the reset car being solid for 3 frames. Brutal stuff.

Try the Mini Cooper S 1965 on comfort hard tyres - they match well the performance of the car, even when tuned to a realistic level. Tyres in the range comfort medium to sports hard are probably about right for the 1950's and '60's cars in the game and bring some of them to life.

If the people you are racing are using the same tyres you should have a great time!
Oh.. and remind him to turn off ABS. ;)

I don’t think there is a way I can see my American friends practice times for any sport mode races. Which does suck considering most of them are on here.

I'm not much bothered by any of the quirks in this game, but the reset of the car during Time Trials, I do find quite annoying.
Oh, and not being able to group decals in the livery editor too. And while I'm on it, maybe the AI drivers during a GT League race not minding blue flags much. But that's about it.

Right now, for me, the most annoying things about GT Sport are:
-- the inconsistent traction between qualifying and races, and even within a time trial or qualifier, the traction will go from strong to sad for no obvious reason. I understand if I go off the racing line into the marbles, or if the track has camber in a turn, or if I'm travelling at higher speeds (downforce), these will all have an effect on the tire grip. But there are times when I see no reason why the grip suddenly drops to around 60% of what I had a moment ago. Really sucks.
-- very few people in sport mode seem capable of driving with patience and respect. Most races are more than 1 lap long but people don't seem to be aware of this. Can't count how many times I have been pushed, bumped, or outright punted into the sand. Not fun.
-- related to above item: Driver Ranking is killing me every time I enter a race in Sport Mode. Ugh.
-- the rear end completely steps out when I dip the slightest hair of rubber off the track, and then it's nearly impossible to recover from a fishtail. GAH! Enough said.

Right now, for me, the most annoying things about GT Sport are:
-- the inconsistent traction between qualifying and races, and even within a time trial or qualifier, the traction will go from strong to sad for no obvious reason. I understand if I go off the racing line into the marbles, or if the track has camber in a turn, or if I'm travelling at higher speeds (downforce), these will all have an effect on the tire grip. But there are times when I see no reason why the grip suddenly drops to around 60% of what I had a moment ago. Really sucks.
Let me tell you something about qualifying: as it doesn't have a fuel multiplier, you're basically running with an empty tank. Although it says that the fuel tank is filled, it actually isn't. When you get into a race, the multiplier is turned on meaning that you start with a full tank of fuel. As a result, your car will feel heavier and more sluggish compared to qualifying.

Just because you Like and repost and follow my profile, please to don't ask me to do the same.

I have to admit that I never quite understood that function in GTS. If someone follows me (or if I follow someone) in this game, what is it good for exactly? Can I make money if I have a lot of followers like it is on YT or IG?

I have to admit that I never quite understood that function in GTS. If someone follows me (or if I follow someone) in this game, what is it good for exactly? Can I make money if I have a lot of followers like it is on YT or IG?
I'm not sure if there is a trophy for it.

It's fine if you genuinely like someone's work and if they have some new stuff, you can keep tabs. However, I've unfollowed everyone, because it gets hard to keep up. Even with the notifications.
I like people's decals and I'll comment. That's pressure, when someone random asks for such a request to follow them, because they chose to follow you.
The other one is, someone likes your work and asks to check theirs out. That's fine. I still have a choice to do what I want, but the other request is nearly a beg.

The lack of real circuits like Silverstone, Ascari, Indianapolis that were scanned for GT6 or previous games and now they're gone.
The game has got a decent list of real circuits.
GT Sport currently has 16 real tracks. Only two less than the amount in GT6 (minus the Goodwood Hillclimb).
The tracks you listed: Silverstone, Ascari and Indy plus Daytona and Motegi are the only five left that have yet to be added however every other track (12 to be exact) have already been included in GT Sport.
GT Sport has multiple real tracks that are not in GT6 or older GT games such as Barcelona, Goodwood Circuit, Autopolis, and Interlagos. So I wouldn’t say GT Sport is definitely lacking comparing to GT6 numbers wise. Now when GT Sport launched in 2017, that was a different story.

Last edited:
GTS has 19 real world tracks. Going from Circuit Experience:

1. Brands Hatch
2. Interlagos
3. Willow Springs: Streets
4: Willow Springs: HTM
5: Big Willow
6. Nordschleife
7. Nurb GP
8. Suzuka
9. Mount Panorama
10. Monza
11. Tsukuba
12. la Sarthe
13. Red Bull Ring
14. Fuji
15. Barcelona
16. AUTOPOLIS
17. Goodwood
18. Spa
19. Laguna Seca.

17 original circuits(going by Circuit Experience)

One more real circuit, for an even 20, would be alright by me. ;)

Y
GTS has 19 real world tracks. Going from Circuit Experience:

1. Brands Hatch
2. Interlagos
3. Willow Springs: Streets
4: Willow Springs: HTM
5: Big Willow
6. Nordschleife
7. Nurb GP
8. Suzuka
9. Mount Panorama
10. Monza
11. Tsukuba
12. la Sarthe
13. Red Bull Ring
14. Fuji
15. Barcelona
16. AUTOPOLIS
17. Goodwood
18. Spa
19. Laguna Seca.

17 original circuits(going by Circuit Experience)

One more real circuit, for an even 20, would be alright by me. ;)
You’re not wrong :lol: but I was going by locations alone excluding layouts.

Some of the kerbs in this game look painted on but when you run over them they send you into the orbit. :lol:

Last edited:
When your in the “activity feed” and every time you exit a shared post it jumps you down the page so you have to scroll back up again

I've had it teleport me to the bottom randomly while scrolling along the top which is annoying to no end since the scrolling isn't exactly smooth and the there's no jump to top button.
I still haven't figured out why it teleports me to the bottom either, so I end up being teleported, scrolling back to the top only to be teleported again.
Really frustrating.

Can PD do math, or input data correctly, I don’t know which but somethings off.

When using power/weight % adjustments there’s quiet a few cars that it’s impossible to match the actual bhp or weight figure. You seem to end up a little under or a little over what they say the bop should be online.
Some examples, and it’s changed/gotten worse since the recent update; Gr1 Pug, Gr3 Audi, Gr3 Lexus, Gr3 Pug, after finding 4 at just a glance I got bored :lol:

Last edited:
When I select a car for a race I normally put a custom livery on it.
I just want one button that lets me search for a livery for my current car and ask if I would like to apply it.

Instead of:
select new car from garage.
go to discover from home screen
go to liveries
go to search
type in the required 3 fields to search for (country/manufacturer/model)
select livery
select download
back out of about 3 screens to home screen
go to garage
go to change livery
select the downloaded liveries (as it doesn't include downloaded by default)
select your new livery and click apply
back out of all the screens and go into sport races etc...

I can only hope GT7 has a better and more intuitive menu system - so many wasted screen changes and waiting for it to check with the server before it can go to the next screen. Same issue going to the brands to pick up a new car - I want to go to a sport race, and if I don't own the correct class of car, there should be a short cut from the sport entry screen to go to relevant car choices.

maybe I'm just impatient :)

Back