The little things that you find ANNOYING IN GT SPORT.

I want to reach level 50(preferably in my life time), but I also want to enjoy fun competitive races.
The Monza no chicane one. ~8 - 9 minutes. Very easy to pick up CRB as well. I think it’s 6,300 XP it nets you, if memory serves me well. Try and squeeze in runs of this one every now and then?

1624246723427.png

The Monza no chicane one. ~8 - 9 minutes. Very easy to pick up CRB as well. I think it’s 6,300 XP it nets you, if memory serves me well. Try and squeeze in runs of this one every now and then?

View attachment 1061455
I always go back to Tokyo for some reason in that series. See if you can snag a W with one of the unusual Gr. 1 cars (McLaren, Bugatti, Audi eTron).

View attachment 1061455
I've been doing the Super GT races, but to be honest I'm just so tired of the chase the rabbit scenarios. I'm tired of coming up on equal cars as if I'm two classes above them, remembering which corners to be careful on because the AI comes to a complete stop right in the middle of the apex.

I like custom races. I've had great experiences just cranking the AI to expert with no boost and staging them on a grid start. It's not really tough, but it's enough of an actual race that I enjoy myself as I never have to drop below 80-90ish% of my normal pace to avoid running into them. It just sucks finishing a ten-lap race and seeing absolutely no experience rewarded. The pay-off is just pitiful.

Pretty much I'm bored of running the GT League races, but they seem to be the only good source of exp.😕

I've been doing the Super GT races, but to be honest I'm just so tired of the chase the rabbit scenarios. I'm tired of coming up on equal cars as if I'm two classes above them, remembering which corners to be careful on because the AI comes to a complete stop right in the middle of the apex.

I like custom races. I've had great experiences just cranking the AI to expert with no boost and staging them on a grid start. It's not really tough, but it's enough of an actual race that I enjoy myself as I never have to drop below 80-90ish% of my normal pace to avoid running into them. It just sucks finishing a ten-lap race and seeing absolutely no experience rewarded. The pay-off is just pitiful.

Pretty much I'm bored of running the GT League races, but they seem to be the only good source of exp.😕
The AI poses no challenge at all, except for the illogical braking, yeah. It’s kinda boring. But when I do those races I turn off the game audio and just listen to some music of my choice. Makes it a lot more enjoyable.
I always go back to Tokyo for some reason in that series. See if you can snag a W with one of the unusual Gr. 1 cars (McLaren, Bugatti, Audi eTron).
Yeah, I like the Tokyo Expressway one as well. Lovely track, albeit slightly more difficult for some people with the walls, hence my recommendation of Monza over it as far as the CRB is concerned. And Tokyo takes 2-3 minutes longer.

We really need more timing data, historical especially even if since the latest handling update. I'd love to delve through what I have done in the past. Even in race, with we could see more, a toggle to turn more data on or off. Like say who has pitted and what tyre they are on.

This.
1624348163047.png

This is my favorite event in GT4. Probably in all of GT
1624348282793.png

I'd run the "normal" S2000 tuned and the Amuse Touge Monster(R1 Titan) and Amuse S2000 Road Car in this event. Especially, my tuned FPV GT. The car in the GT4 pic is this, the fastback endurance model:
1624348636139.png

It was the car I thought we would get, in addition to the '00 Spoon Sports Super Taikyu version. The updated car is right there in the Scape!

Now, we know PD went to all the Scape locations. So, how the heck the S2000 in the Scape didn't make it into the game? There's also the Civic E-AT, next to the window. We got the Mugen version:
1624349054219.png

The Spoon Sports S2000 is one of my favorite racers of all time. That Scape annoys me each time I shoot there.

I still find it weird how the livery editor axes aren't centred properly. Doesn't the scanning of the models detect where the centre is? Wouldnt the cars be correctly aligned during scanning?

Last edited:
I run one of the Gr.1 Monza races every time I put the game on just for the XP and money. Had my 59th win today, I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit I haven't won all of them I've entered.
Monza was my go to for grinding money and XP, however after 90+ wins it got a bit dull, so now I find the Tokyo race is a nice change of scenery. Takes a bit longer but you feel like you're going faster blasting through the city streets!

PD tease us with an all German "GT3" line up for the Nations race, but I can't replicate that in Custom Race. I shouldn't have to play another game to use that feature. It's actually able to be done in THIS game! PD, you're killin' me.

Monza was my go to for grinding money and XP, however after 90+ wins it got a bit dull, so now I find the Tokyo race is a nice change of scenery. Takes a bit longer but you feel like you're going faster blasting through the city streets!
SETUP FOR CREDIT GRINDING
1. Open My Menu (top left corner) > Options > Controllers > Vibration Function > Select OFF.
2. Go to Arcade > Custom Race > Blue Moon Speedway > Blue Moon Speedway > Morning 8:30am > Garage Cars > McLaren F1 '94 > Automatic (AT)
3. In the Custom Race menu select the following: RACE SETTINGS Race Type: Endurance Time Limit: User Choice Starting Grid: 20 Boost: Off OPPONENT SETTINGS Opponent Catergory: Gr.3 Opponent Difficulty: Professional
4. Then select START RACE.

CONTROLLER SETUP I like to use a pair of old laces with cord clamps, like those on hoodies and jogging/sportswear, attached to the DS4. One is placed around the right joystick and under the R2 shoulder button to hold the joystick forward. The other lace/cord is placed around the left joystick and the right side of the DS4 (see photo). Light pressure is used on the left stick to maintain a slight right turn so the car rides the wall around the track. Go to cockpit view so you get to see how much turn is needed by looking at the drivers left hand on the steering wheel. Monitor the race for several laps to ensure that the car is running smoothly, and lapping between 48.2 to 48.4. A word of caution, as the car comes out of turn 1 be careful that it doesn't stray to far out left towards the first set of white lines out from the wall, as at some point during the race the car will collide with another and spin. You'll want the car to return to the wall just before the bridge. So make sure that it only strays out to roughly the centre of the lane.

It has probably been said, but being forced to watch the entire grid walk before replays of an FIA race is stupid. I don't want to watch 2min of nothing to check one incident.
I dont understand the point of being forced to watch the FIA grid walk

I can’t stand very fast players who do this….So that they can then go in and punt everyone.
This is an account used by a pretty fast player, but just to punt…
Sick of this. Too many accounts, too many cowards…
F1623705-3340-47F2-8C08-4EF764F5DD2F.jpeg

This week running race C at St Croix there is a visual artifact line in front of the 908 while running with the sun to my rear. It creates a line in front of me when driving with the sun to the rear. It is there to be able to show the shadow, but once noticed it doesnt get out of my vision.

People who join a lobby while qualifying/race is happening, leave, then join it again. Do you not see that it's underway when you join? Do you expect something different to happen when you join again?

People who quit FIA practice races after going off on the first lap. You'll still be getting practice, and you'll still get to race other cars. Why sit in a lobby for half an hour only to quit the race as soon as it starts?

People who quit FIA practice races after going off on the first lap. You'll still be getting practice, and you'll still get to race other cars. Why sit in a lobby for half an hour only to quit the race as soon as it starts?
Yeah, that is a little odd. I only join them to check tyre/fuel usage. I don't care if I run half a lap behind.

So, I get a twitter notification

The series only use LMP3 & GT3 cars. Figure I'd jump in GTS and replicate that with the multi-class/Opponent option:

Why can't I just get a proper multi-class Custom Race, in GTS? I want to have an even split grid, in Gran Turismo Sport. I have other games to replicate certain race series, but GTS have same/similar cars.
I may as well just have a one-on-one with the AI.👎

No LMP3s, but same cars as GTS.

LMP3s and some GT3 cars found in GTS.

- Having penalties in qualifying.
What's the point? Just show me a warning that I cut and make the current lap not valid. But don't waste my time.
This is frustrating especially when the penalty zone is near the end of the track and affects your speed for the following lap. Making you lose precious time, especially if you're already being matched and ready to enter a lobby.
It's even more frustrating when you hit a wall frontally (the damn chicane at Dragon Trail for example), you're obviously slowed down, but no...penalties have to beat the dead horse making you waste even more time in the penalty zone. I don't recall if you're given a penalty for hitting the wall even during the race, but it did happen to me in qualifying last week.

- No coordinates / rotation angles to apply decals.
It's frustrating when you want to rotate an element. Let's say you want to put something on the roof but you have to turn it 90 degrees. You don't know exactly if it's turned 90 degrees because it's not shown on the interface

Last edited:
For me, and this applies to all games that do this, it's having to do online stuff to get trophies and, eventually, the platinum. Why am I forced to do online races just to be able to get 3 trophies? Which would then allow me to get the platinum? Online trophies should NOT be a part of the list that grants you the platinum trophy. Another game that did this was The Last of Us. I got every single trophy in that game except the ones for online play. I wasn't interested in playing in any online part of the game (just as I'm not for GTS). So there are a few regular trophies and a platinum trophy I won't ever be getting.

They can have them be available, just don't make them part of the list that's required to get the platinum.

For me, and this applies to all games that do this, it's having to do online stuff to get trophies and, eventually, the platinum. Why am I forced to do online races just to be able to get 3 trophies? Which would then allow me to get the platinum? Online trophies should NOT be a part of the list that grants you the platinum trophy. Another game that did this was The Last of Us. I got every single trophy in that game except the ones for online play. I wasn't interested in playing in any online part of the game (just as I'm not for GTS). So there are a few regular trophies and a platinum trophy I won't ever be getting.

They can have them be available, just don't make them part of the list that's required to get the platinum.
On the flip side, why have only fairly easy trophies and easy platinums? That devalues the whole point of them. A platinum is supposed to be quite the challenge, no?

On the flip side, why have only fairly easy trophies and easy platinums? That devalues the whole point of them. A platinum is supposed to be quite the challenge, no?

It is. And I have no problems with the platinum being difficult to obtain. It should be. It's a reward for doing a lot of things in the game. But if someone buys the game after the servers are down and there are no more online races being held, they will never obtain the platinum. Yes, they could've/should've bought the game when it first came out, but some people aren't like that. I only got the game a few weeks ago. Also, I'm not THAT interested in online racing. One, because I'm dreadful against other real players. And, two, There are times where I just want to go for a drive and not worry about others racers (real or AI) on the track and just try things out.

Again, I do agree that getting the platinum should be a difficult task. I just don't like when they force you to play a mode you're really not interested in to obtain it.

Last edited:
OK, I have a new annoying thing. Putting race cars in with road cars. I had to do some fancy-ass driving, cut a few corners, and drive a tiny bit dirty just to keep up with the damn thing. And it still took me 3 tries to win.

La Festa Cavallio

I'm in a 458 Italia
There are other 458 Italias, along with some Enzos, a few LaFerraris, a couple F50s, an F40 or 2, even some 512 BBs. But then, at the front of the grid, is a damn 330 P4. Yeah, let's throw in a full on race car to go with the road cars and see what happens.

WTF Polyphony?!

And I didn't even get a full allotment of credits after the race. The top estimate (yes, I know it says estimate) is 120k. I only got 66k. OK, so don't give me the full 120k. But just over HALF?! Again, WTF Polyphony?!

Last edited:

For The Last of Us you have a point since it's a game sold on its single player experience. GT Sport isn't. The entire point of GT Sport is Sport Mode, which is online racing.

If you come to a game after servers are shut down and trophies are unavailable, well, tough. They're not the main point of a game. Situations like Gran Turismo 5 are stupid and shouldn't happen, but if you want to play a game but don't want the trophy list then play it on another account.

Again, I do agree that getting the platinum should be a difficult task. I just don't like when they force you to play a mode you're really not interested in to obtain it.
@stpatty has a good point - this argument doesn't fly for this particular game, as it is made as a multiplayer game with single player tacked on.
Now, needing to win 91 races and get to level 50 are fair gripes. At least they aren't updating the requirements for wins/poles in line with the F1 records they were set at.

@stpatty has a good point - this argument doesn't fly for this particular game, as it is made as a multiplayer game with single player tacked on.
Now, needing to win 91 races and get to level 50 are fair gripes. At least they aren't updating the requirements for wins/poles in line with the F1 records they were set at.
That's it. I'm nowhere NEAR good enough to win that many races. That's why I don't do the online stuff. And the one for podiums? Forget that one, too. And the one for number of pole positions.

I've seen the guys that race online. They all have these setups that cost more than my damn car and do live streaming and are always winning.

Back