The Low Power Cup Car Championship! (UPDATE: NEW LEADERBOARD,HOST INFO, DRIVERS LIST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micra_K11Squad
  • 665 comments
  • 27,394 views

Which Car for Next Months Championship?


  • Total voters
    34
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really comment on the bumping that went on, as I took off before I could see anything. However after watching the replay I can see that there was some bumping, although I imagine it was unintentional. 16 cars on track can be chaotic, plus lag can make it harder for people to navigate through the large cluster of cars, so bumping is bound to happen.

Also because I have locked up the championship, I think I'll challenge myself in the last race by handicapping myself. I was thinking of going out in comfort softs, which would be rather interesting :lol:
 
I outsmarted the bad drivers, and pulled of 2nd place. That was staggering for me, I mean, I'm 13, use a controller and automatic.

And SuperGTRacer, quitting shows no commitment, when I crash I carry on. I was once last in an 88 laps NASCAR race, at lap 23. I continued on to finish the whole thing.

WiiFreak, how are you going so fast? Is it your lines or car performance? Or you just good?
 
I can't really comment on the bumping that went on, as I took off before I could see anything.

considering i was 2nd after the 2nd lap and you were already 3-4 sec ahead of me and pulling...i can see why you didn't deal with any bumping ;)

Also because I have locked up the championship, I think I'll challenge myself in the last race by handicapping myself. I was thinking of going out in comfort softs, which would be rather interesting :lol:

i say you go Go-Kart 👍
 
I outsmarted the bad drivers, and pulled of 2nd place. That was staggering for me, I mean, I'm 13, use a controller and automatic.

And SuperGTRacer, quitting shows no commitment, when I crash I carry on. I was once last in an 88 laps NASCAR race, at lap 23. I continued on to finish the whole thing.

WiiFreak, how are you going so fast? Is it your lines or car performance? Or you just good?

I have to call you on this, you battered your way past me in the first few corners. The contact you had with me and others in your first two laps was seriously uncool. Then at the end of the race you came off with some big headed remark like the above. :dunce: Lap 4 3rd last corner you also munched up 3 other drivers by just driving far to aggressively. You pushed Kasval06 off the road to claim 2nd place shortly after. Just becuase your faster does not give you right of way, you must pass cleanly.

And on the note of cleanly passing big respect to Mush_Peaz_ who was clearly faster than me and waited to pass cleanly after holding back many times 👍 Again as per my PSN message I am really sorry I wiped you out, you lost quite a few places over that and spent a few laps regaining them :(
 
I outsmarted the bad drivers, and pulled of 2nd place. That was staggering for me, I mean, I'm 13, use a controller and automatic.

And SuperGTRacer, quitting shows no commitment, when I crash I carry on. I was once last in an 88 laps NASCAR race, at lap 23. I continued on to finish the whole thing.

WiiFreak, how are you going so fast? Is it your lines or car performance? Or you just good?
I can't really say much except I guess I'm just good. I believe my suspension setup is really helping, as it seemed to help you out 👍

i say you go Go-Kart 👍
I have done some go-karting actually. I did it last summer and it was fun, however I didn't get into anything competitive. I may get back into it just for fun, but my mind isn't made up on it yet.
 
I have to call you on this, you battered your way past me in the first few corners. The contact you had with me and others in your first two laps was seriously uncool. Then at the end of the race you came off with some big headed remark like the above. :dunce: Lap 4 3rd last corner you also munched up 3 other drivers by just driving far to aggressively. You pushed Kasval06 off the road to claim 2nd place shortly after. Just becuase your faster does not give you right of way, you must pass cleanly.

And on the note of cleanly passing big respect to Mush_Peaz_ who was clearly faster than me and waited to pass cleanly after holding back many times 👍 Again as per my PSN message I am really sorry I wiped you out, you lost quite a few places over that and spent a few laps regaining them :(

I'm aware of this, however I was hit from behind on the incidents where I may have seemed aggressive. Or hit by another car. I respect everyone on the track, and will continue to do so.

Everyone, except WiiFreak, had caused some kind of problem in that race. I was barged off, and used as a wall. It was a fun, but not the most clean race, even for people trying to drive clean. They were hit too.
 
I'm aware of this, however I was hit from behind on the incidents where I may have seemed aggressive. Or hit by another car. I respect everyone on the track, and will continue to do so.

Everyone, except WiiFreak, had caused some kind of problem in that race. I was barged off, and used as a wall. It was a fun, but not the most clean race, even for people trying to drive clean. They were hit too.

May I suggest you watch the reply. 👎
 
I hate being loser of the match :indiff:

I don't know why my 500 is slightly slower
 
May I suggest you watch the reply. 👎

I have, and why are you picking on me about this?

Do you know that 16 premium cars means lag, and with accidents and other bad driving. Most seemed aggressive.
 
I hate being loser of the match :indiff:

I don't know why my 500 is slightly slower

It was the same as mine if I recall?

Regulation tuned 500 with the setup by WiiFreak?
 
Mine has 121 HP
 
Do you know that 16 premium cars means lag, and with accidents and other bad driving. Most seemed aggressive.

That might be the explanation of the strange things I saw on the previous page.

I couldn't yet look at the complete in detail (in the timing screen), but I'll do it during the weekend to see whether my impressions get confirmed or not: lap times were going down strangely once two drivers stepped out of the race. And it was not only me: the gap with the cars before me didn't change significantly.

@Wiifreak About your tuning. I tune my FF-cars like Fumes did in GT3 on the GTvault forum. His principle was to have extremely hard settings in the back. What you do is exactly the inverse: extreme soft settings in the back.
But: The principle behind is the same: destabilize the back of the car to give the front more grip than the back. And: I drive with your type of settings now, because it works better.

About the incidents The problem with the replays is that you don't have always the right camera position to judge correctly what happened. An exemple. I was involved in a crash in the first right turn after T1 (intermediate time 1) in lap 1.
I wanted to know what happened: did I just miss my braking point? Was there a problem with lag? Did someone push me (unintentionnaly) ? The problem with the replay is that the camera stays before T1 while the cars go to the corner and only picks them up when they come out of the corner. I had the impression I suddenly lost some grip, but can't see what happened.

I suggest that for next races, or for next month, we use following settings:

- high damage level: you run into a wall, you have to make a pitstop
- high grip reduction: you loose more time when you get of the track, in the sand
- high penalty level : you bump, you loose several seconds

Races will be much cleaner.
 
- high damage level: you run into a wall, you have to make a pitstop.

this is the only 1 i dont like.....with more people all racing the same car there is going to be bumping...and if u get bumped into a wall and it isn't your fault you will be in worse shape then the person that bumped you...

the heavy penilty for bumping should make people think twice about how they pass,which should clean up the races a little bit
 
Couldn't make it for various reasons...after all that practise eh....aiming to race the March season...is it worth considering splitting everyone over 2 rooms next time...?
 
Couldn't make it for various reasons...after all that practise eh....aiming to race the March season...is it worth considering splitting everyone over 2 rooms next time...?

I think that will be complicated, I like the way it is now.
 
It may take a little bit more organising but if it makes for a better online experience for everyone then it may be worth it.
 
- high damage level: you run into a wall, you have to make a pitstop
- high grip reduction: you loose more time when you get of the track, in the sand
- high penalty level : you bump, you loose several seconds

Races will be much cleaner.

As a newbie to online races, I cant judge if and why this race was too dirty, but I see some real problems with high damage level.
High damage level penalizes not only "bad driving", but also drivers who, by accident, are at the wrong place at the wrong time.

In the race yesterday there was a crash between cars in front of me during one of the first laps. I didnt see what happened, but suddenly out of nowhere a car came "flying" sideways crashing into mine so fast I couldnt react, the indicator turned completely red, my car suffered both external and internal damage.

After a while my indicator returned to "normal", but I had been passed by 4-5 cars and was now I think at pos. 9.

The consequences for me with high damage level, would have been, that I would have been forced to limp around almost one whole lap to reach the pit, with only maybe 12-13 laps of racing left, it would have put me out of the race.

Cynical drivers can speculate in "knudging" other drivers at certain corners sending them into walls, eventually putting them out of the race.

I have more confidence in actions by the race host, watching replays and taking action against bad driving, willfull or not.
 


You were so much fun to race with, you and that other guy kept the race exciting as the fight for 2nd was a fast, and fun race. It was crazy on the last lap, I was ahead, but coming into the tunnel you both were involved in an accident it seemed. Leaving me to get a big lead.
 
Pics from last nights race :)

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_3.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_4.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_6.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_7.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_8.jpg


TrialMountainCircuit_9.jpg


Hope you all like them!
 
Me and my best friend SuperGTRacer in the last image. :D
 
There is going to be some serious battle for 3rd next week, look....

3rd Place - BobbySX / Jai-AE86 / asdfg11 - 8 Points

So BobbySX, and asdfg11, I look forward to the battle for 3rd overall.
 
Me too, cant wait to be rammed of the road for you to take it mate :lol:
 
Me too, cant wait to be rammed of the road for you to take it mate :lol:

I sure hope less people participate next week, will reduce the bad lag, and dangerous driving.
 
Me and my best friend SuperGTRacer in the last image. :D

Friendship :D. My beautiful Purple 500 with your Dark Gray 500.
 
Yeah, I'm such a bad racer :indiff:
 
Nice pics, looks like mine is in most of them :) Appologies for leaving on lap 6 or 7 or whenever it was, I was really tired and after sideswiping someone (white car, not sure who it was) quite badly I thought I'd better call it a night. I think doing so many practice laps before the race burnt me out, trying to finish it would have finished me off.

I'll be back for next months.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back