The Low Power Cup Car Championship! (UPDATE: NEW LEADERBOARD,HOST INFO, DRIVERS LIST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micra_K11Squad
  • 665 comments
  • 27,395 views

Which Car for Next Months Championship?


  • Total voters
    34
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm such a bad racer :indiff:

Come on, you were good, you just give up when you fall behind a little. I was struggling to pass you for a whole lap until I passed through where there was an open gap.

You were the only one to not finish, oh and the guy at the bottom of page 17 :)
 
Nice pics, looks like mine is in most of them :) Appologies for leaving on lap 6 or 7 or whenever it was, I was pretty tired and after sideswiping someone pretty badly I thought I'd better call it a night, trying to finish the race would have finished me off. I'll be back for next months.

Hope to see you return :)

You must be feeling pretty relexed, I'm in a fight for 2nd overall next week. With 2 other drivers trying to take it. This will be tough.
 
Hope to see you return :)

You must be feeling pretty relexed, I'm in a fight for 2nd overall next week. With 2 other drivers trying to take it. This will be tough.
You'll probably only be battling with one other driver, as BobbySX hasn't been able to connect to the lounge for the last two races :indiff: It's a shame as he is a great racer.
 
You'll probably only be battling with one other driver, as BobbySX hasn't been able to connect to the lounge for the last two races :indiff: It's a shame as he is a great racer.

Yeah, your set-up really helped me yesterday, do you still use the same set-up now? :)

I'm looking forward to next week! :D
 
It is quite weird. I don't understand why. And let's be clear: I am convinced everyone is respecting the rules. To be clear: I see everyone redline's at the same point, which means we all use the same transmission, nobody is cheating, which makes the fact I observe only more strange.

But the fact is there: with 121 BHP (378PP), my car was quite slower on straights then the first cars on the track. Look at the replay (outside look, camera behind the car, data on screen and you will see that my car accelerates on straights much slower than the fastest cars on the track. Question still stays: why? I have the impression that my acceleration gets a little better at the end of the race.

Can it be that downforce makes such a difference? A question to the fastest drivers on the track: how much downforce did you use?

If someone has the time to look at the replay, I would be glad to have a second opinion.

Do I miss something? Why was I 5 seconds slower on the first laps than during qualification and how is it possible, that with used tires, I approached my qualification time in the last laps?
 
Are you using the WiiFreak car set-up? Most of us are ^
 
Are you using the WiiFreak car set-up? Most of us are ^
I'd just like to point out that the tune is NOT mine. I took the tune from RKM Motorsport's Toyota Vitz/Yaris tune found here. All credit for the tune should go to them ;)
 
I'd just like to point out that the tune is NOT mine. I took the tune from RKM Motorsport's Toyota Vitz/Yaris tune found here. All credit for the tune should go to them ;)

Yeah, but since you posted it, you own it for this championship. ;)
 
...my car was quite slower on straights then the first cars on the track.

What you have to remember with these lower powered cars is that momentum plays a very important part to who is fast and who is slow.

The turn into the back straight is a point in the last race where you can see very clearly just how much of a bonus it is to keep a high momentum. Those drivers who take the turn without scrubbing off too much speed have the benefit of having highier RPMs and getting to the top of the power curve sooner down the straight, meaning that they can get to faster speeds before the hairpin at the end.
 
@wiifreak I wrote yesterday that testing showed me that your tune is better than mine, so I replaced mine by yours.

I also saw that the enormous laptime differences between the beginning and the end of the race did not affect the fastest drivers of the pack.

My experience with the WSCC Clio-race on Monza wednesday was rather of the same kind: I was slow on straights. In that case, testing after the race learned me that two small adjustments permitted to gain about 15-20 km/h on straights and 2 seconds/lap:
I lowered downforce and LSD (not available on the F500).

In any case, thanks for the explanations.
 
You were so much fun to race with, you and that other guy kept the race exciting as the fight for 2nd was a fast, and fun race. It was crazy on the last lap, I was ahead, but coming into the tunnel you both were involved in an accident it seemed. Leaving me to get a big lead.

Got to return the compliment, this was amazing, cant remember exactly, but we might have fought for that second spot for 4-5 laps changing positions all the time! Wish I had a replay.
Yes both uncleBOB777 and I came too wide in that last corner before the tunnel, I guess we both tried our best to gain momentum before the straight and ended slightly hitting the wall seeing you take off!
 
Last edited:
Got to return the compliment, this was amazing, cant remember exactly, but we might have fought for that second spot for 4-5 laps changing positions all the time! Wish I had a replay.
Yes both uncleBOB777 and I came too wide in that last corner before the tunnel, I guess we both tried our best to gain momentum before the straight and ended slightly hitting the wall seeing you take off!

I have the replay saved :)
if ther is a way I can send it to you, let me know.
probably you could watch it if you add me under community. :)
psn: uncleBoB777
 
Was a fun battle, hope to have as much fun next week! :D
 
I have the replay saved :)
if ther is a way I can send it to you, let me know.
probably you could watch it if you add me under community. :)
psn: uncleBoB777

I saved it too, great to watch!

EDIT - Sorry double post.
 
You'll probably only be battling with one other driver, as BobbySX hasn't been able to connect to the lounge for the last two races :indiff: It's a shame as he is a great racer.

Thanks for the compliment!👍 Would have loved a season long battle with yourself but it wasn't to be...The Rome round was epic! it's a shame GTP___APEX hasn't been a regular either.:indiff:

After first race I couldn't enter(in the cappuccino's)I was really frustrated but now I enter each round expecting to not be able to connect at all so don't carry any aspirations of winning anything...If I manage to get in I race only for fun.

It's strange really because I have a strong wired connection and have no problems connecting to other lobbies.

I will try to join future events but carry no hope of connecting lol:ouch:

Anyway have a great final round guys!

Nice pics Micra_K11!👍:sly:
 
It's strange really because I have a strong wired connection and have no problems connecting to other lobbies.

After some problems, we introduced in the WSCC-racing league a standard procedure which permits to avoid connection problems: before entering the lounge, everyone restarts his PS3 and empties the cache in GT5. Much less problems that way.
 
I have the replay saved :)
if ther is a way I can send it to you, let me know.
probably you could watch it if you add me under community. :)
psn: uncleBoB777


Thanks for the offer! Im adding you today, if I cant accsess the replay under community, Ill send you my email adress, would be great if you could send it. :)
 
Me too, cant wait to be rammed of the road for you to take it mate :lol:

I have been watching the replay with the now available camera viewpoint behind JAIAE86's car. You see indeed that JaiAE86 is involved in several car contacts, but he is bumped himself by others as often or even more than that he bumps others.

Three or for times, he hits another (slower) car that comes back on the track or on the driving line, which should have given the priority to him.

There is one big bump he gives clearly, making another car get off the track, but that's because he had to avoid another car that spinned just in front of him.

The fight for positions 2 to 4 during about 10 laps was really great driving by all three.

By the way, I still am not convinced qualifying works without errors. It doesn't sound logical to me that JaiAE86 started at the 15th place. Or didn't he try to make a fast lap during qualifying?
 
I have been watching the replay with the now available camera viewpoint behind JAIAE86's car. You see indeed that JaiAE86 is involved in several car contacts, but he is bumped himself by others as often or even more than that he bumps others.

Three or for times, he hits another (slower) car that comes back on the track or on the driving line, which should have given the priority to him.

There is one big bump he gives clearly, making another car get off the track, but that's because he had to avoid another car that spinned just in front of him.

The fight for positions 2 to 4 during about 10 laps was really great driving by all three.

By the way, I still am not convinced qualifying works without errors. It doesn't sound logical to me that JaiAE86 started at the 15th place. Or didn't he try to make a fast lap during qualifying?

Thanks for saying this, I'm not sure why people were ripping on me about this.

I started 15th because I quitted and came back.
 
i like the new point system...the old one was good when we only had 8-10 racers....but this month the league exploded...
 
Good job updating the point system for March, I have to say it will be a lot more competitive.
 
Hey HuMaN's can't make Thursday's (BuMpEr cAr rAcE) but will be back for more next week, hope the championship gets a little bit cleaner like it was for the first championship we had.
 
I doubt I'll be able to make the race this Thursday either. Having a little operation on Wednesday, so might not be upto it. Should be fine for next week though.

Matt.
 
I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sure where you guys are at but I'm definitely interested and the time is good for me, later at night. PSN at left. I voted for the March because I used it in the Seasonal Event and fully tuned it. Question: I did Stage 3 tuning already. Can you just set the hp limit within the lobby at what ever level you want to use and then I can adjust my power limiter to compensate? I really don't want to go buy another one and to me that would seem to work.
 
I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sure where you guys are at but I'm definitely interested and the time is good for me, later at night. PSN at left. I voted for the March because I used it in the Seasonal Event and fully tuned it. Question: I did Stage 3 tuning already. Can you just set the hp limit within the lobby at what ever level you want to use and then I can adjust my power limiter to compensate? I really don't want to go buy another one and to me that would seem to work.

Bad news mate, im afraid your have to rebuild one to the certain spec if it wins the poll, I'll be writing after the voting poll has closed to say what specs the Roadster or March will be running if its a problem i could send you one already made :)
 
MJH
I doubt I'll be able to make the race this Thursday either. Having a little operation on Wednesday, so might not be upto it. Should be fine for next week though.

Matt.

Dont worry if you cant make it dude.. good luck with the op! :)

Micra
 
I hope at some point we get to race the Mazda, it didn't make the vote last time and I don't think it'll make it this time either :(
 
I didn't read the whole thread so I'm sure where you guys are at but I'm definitely interested and the time is good for me, later at night. PSN at left. I voted for the March because I used it in the Seasonal Event and fully tuned it. Question: I did Stage 3 tuning already. Can you just set the hp limit within the lobby at what ever level you want to use and then I can adjust my power limiter to compensate? I really don't want to go buy another one and to me that would seem to work.

I'm not sure the same HP obtained by two different ways always gives the same speed and acceleration. I read somewhere (but couldn't find it back) that the choice of pieces you add is important too. So it has a sense to give a specified description of what is allowed and what not.

But: one remark: it seems to me that you can't control some regulations. How can you see that someone uses piece x that is forbidden on the first page?

By the way: if you are free on Tuesday evenings,have a look at this thread:

the WSCC 246 bhp - 1200 kg production cars championship that I'm hosting
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=183890
 
Thursday is almost here, I hope luck, will be on my side. I really don't want to finish near last anymore.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back