The Low Power Cup Car Championship! (UPDATE: NEW LEADERBOARD,HOST INFO, DRIVERS LIST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micra_K11Squad
  • 665 comments
  • 27,395 views

Which Car for Next Months Championship?


  • Total voters
    34
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A recount would be better than 2 races on the same day surely

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
badger_mk2, BeanTheGene, Diablo_66, DJAbacus, Joao71, Mchid81, MJH, Mushy_Peaz_, PoWeR_TriPs_, Ranek, smokedogg, Stormtrooper217, TakumiFuji01, turbogeit, UncleBoB, WiiFreak, WIL9731
17 50.00%

Nissan March 12SR '07
asdfg11, AxJ, Barry Spock, FishyJuice, FlandreScarlet, GenkoMax, Gunma36, ID_racing, JaiAE86, jim24, Johnnypenso, Matyltest, Micra_K11Squad, mizxecio, Notman, SuperGTRacer, UKRMotorsport
17 50.00%
Voters: 34

Check it out


I agree with Mushy, allowing so many unrelated votes affects the opinion of those who actually participate in the races and makes the voting outcome unfair: This way if the vote doesnt "go your way" you can always get some friends to cast extra votes in your favour.

Close the voting now, clean it up and lets see which car the actual participants voted for next month.
 
Reviewed and updated! sorry for the cock up!
 
Reviewed and updated! sorry for the cock up!


There was no cock up on your part. This is a great series, and I´m sure most people involved wants it to continue in the spirit it was created 👍
 
Micra_K11Squad
Reviewed and updated! sorry for the cock up!

your ThE **BeST**
not at driving though Ha hA
 
Ok I'm of to race my boys Rc car around the park 40mph + oyes
 
Look at the photos I posted earlier today. I thought I was the only person concerned, but visibly I was not the only one.

Apparently (as far as I understand), there was a lag at the beginning of the race, which made me loose about 5 to 10 seconds. The cars in position 1 to 5 had already crossed the start/finish line when I got access to the start. As a (bug) consequence, they were listed as being behind me although they were in front.

I'll have a look at my version of the replay later this evening to see in which position you really ended.

Edit: I see on the photo you were 6th when I came out of the first hairpin. You must count also the positions 11 to 15, which were in fact the numbers 1-5 of the race. So, if you didn't pass any one of the players in front of you in the list on the second screen (or if the number of cars you passed = the number of cars that passed you), your finished indeed 11th (6+5).
I don't understand, results for me were clear, I also saved the replay. I passed wiifreak and some other car after the first hairpin and was constantly battling beanthegene and tr1mble. If everything is messing up, I'm losing all the interest in this, wether it's a lag problem or whatever. Sorry.
 
It won't make a difference now, but what happened with the vote? I thought I'd voted when the poll was still running, not sure what you mean by people voting randomly?

edit: oh I see, Re: post 481, did I get missed because my psnid is different?
 
edit: oh I see, Re: post 481, did I get missed because my psnid is different?[/QUOTE]I think so
 
I don't understand, results for me were clear, I also saved the replay. I passed wiifreak and some other car after the first hairpin and was constantly battling beanthegene and tr1mble. If everything is messing up, I'm losing all the interest in this, wether it's a lag problem or whatever. Sorry.

I also have you finishing mid-pack on my replay. I don't know why you've ended up where you did in the final results for Micra.
 
I also have you finishing mid-pack on my replay. I don't know why you've ended up where you did in the final results for Micra.

Having looked at the entire replay with the camera behind "kasval06" alias gunma36, I can confirm that he finished indeed in 6th position (after tr1mble and before wiifreak) and not in 11th position.

I must also say that the battle I saw was pretty dirty. That was not what I call "clean racing": bumping, corner cutting. Micra, I think you should have a look at it and reconsider for next month (if not the question of damage) at least the question of penalty level. With the highest penalty level, the bumpers and corner cutters would loose many time and positions.
 
I must also say that the battle I saw was pretty dirty. That was not what I call "clean racing": bumping, corner cutting. Micra, I think you should have a look at it and reconsider for next month (if not the question of damage) at least the question of penalty level. With the highest penalty level, the bumpers and corner cutters would loose many time and positions.

if you mean the battle for 5th-9th i wouldn't say it was dirty...but it was definitly very..... ummmmm rough i guess u could say....but that has been this whole months series....especially more so the last 3 races with having 14+ people at one time...

everyone gets in a group of about 3-4 people...and since everyone has the same upgrades and tunes pretty much it turns into a draft to pass,get in front and brake for upcoming turn...get bumped, get passed,draft back up and do it again

this was the whole race for me....i'd be ahead of the "pack" i was in going into the uphill....get passed from 1-2 people behind me going into the hard turn...brakes,bumping,banging,and corner cutting by everyone...draft the person ahead of me going into the first turn...pass them...then start over again

the first series wasn't as bad....maybe since we are racing coupes again it won't be so bad
 
Last edited:
I like how i buy the Fiat 500 and race a total of 0 laps:grumpy: (Damn connection issues). Also I am okay for both days. I'll race this time.
 
Damn, I already bought a March for March's race. Anyway, I still like the Roadster, this could be fun (As long as I don't drift by mistake) :lol:
 
Are we using the same mods/tuning as last month?
 
It would be well over 200bhp with the same tuning, so it might a bit too quick? I think using the official Ma5da Mk3s technical specs (page 12 onwards) would be a really good idea.

It equates to a racing exhaust, air filter, fully customised suspension, fully customised transmission (with the ratios specified on page 15), either clutch, sport hard/med tyres, and maybe 1 stage of weight loss inc. the windows? (looking at the body details on page 12). They allow no spoilers, wings etc., no ABS, no light flywheels, and no other tuning.

We might need to use the semi-racing exhaust and sport filter, I think the power gain would be too unrealistic otherwise, I reckon it should be around 180bhp or so with those.
 
Last edited:
I believe he already had both of the cars bought and tuned to how he wants them, we just waiting for him to share the info :)
 
I believe he already had both of the cars bought and tuned to how he wants them, we just waiting for him to share the info :)

I might have time tonight to share the specs and the new tracks, anyone have any suggestions for tracks?
 
Tsukuba, Grand Valley, London, Rome :D
 
Last edited:
Tsubuka, Grand Valley, London, Rome :D

Some good tracks... Tsubuka and Rome have already been done but im liking London but are you guys really up for the tight corners without causing mayhem?
 
I like London too, but then the 90 degree corners might be a problem if there's some lag, you can get stuck pretty easily. Grand Valley would be good, and some world circuits too, Nurb GP, Laguna Seca, Suzuka maybe?

Or could really mix things up with some course maker tracks? :)

edit: 246 or SSR5 would be great
 
Last edited:
I might have time tonight to share the specs and the new tracks, anyone have any suggestions for tracks?

RT.246....special stage 5....Cape Ring Periphery(the ring would be fun with RWD)

Fuji GT

im thinking,since we are using cars with 60-70 more hp then we have yet, we could do some bigger tracks....
 
Oh wow somehow I came third? Dont worry about the prize car
 
Just right for the setup, should be some good racing.
 
Last edited:
First post updated!

Thanks! Looks nice.

Remark: First post doesn't specify the penalty settings. Can you specify this.

High penalty could put an end at some "rough" driving and corner cutting.
 
Is it too late to get in this series? I've looked over the OP and I've been wanting to expand my online racing activities. A nice low hp, high competition series would be fun!

PSN: MH4wheel
Available on Thursdays
 
Last edited:
Can I race on thursdays? psn: Diablo_66
 
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say, I'll be available for both Thursdays and Fridays for now, but in a few weeks I'd switch over to Fridays only as I'll have Thursday meetings at work to attend.

I'd also just like to apologize if I was viewed as overly aggressive in last week's race. I re-watched the replay and was pretty embarassed to see how many times I cut the chicane. Most were due to me either missing a brake point, or attempting to avoid contact, but still, I'm sorry if I messed anyone else's race up.

I love low power racing like this, though. I expected a small ammount of bumping with similar car setups, but for the most part, I thought the battles were pretty civil in the last race. It was my first 'real' race I've participated in online, so I vow to become better and drive more cleanly in the future.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back