The Low Power Cup Car Championship! (UPDATE: NEW LEADERBOARD,HOST INFO, DRIVERS LIST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micra_K11Squad
  • 665 comments
  • 27,398 views

Which Car for Next Months Championship?


  • Total voters
    34
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to join if I'm not too late. I can race on Thursday.
My PSN is:
CloudyTiger
 
i can see the same thing happining with someone getting bumped and causing them to get a 5+ sec penalty...

👍

My experience with penalties and damage (the heavy ones) is:

1) that they are quite fair and that you can't judge a penalty you've got until you have seen the replay from behind the car. I had one on thursday in thursday and only saw when looking at the replay that i deserved it and not the car that hit me.

2) that heavy damage eliminates the bumpers. Yesterday in the WSCC Lupo race, we went three on a line to the first corner at Indy Road. The car in the middle made a too optimistic try to take the lead. It past through me and got damage, while I didn't. In a previous race at Monza, I missed my braking point and hit the car in front of me. Result: I became transparant and got a penalty, but the car in front didn't have damage.

Heavy damage and penalties have positive and negative points. Positive is the fact that everyone must be more carefull. Negative point is that perhaps it will happen that a car get's damaged by another car. But that also happens in the real world racing.
 
Heavy damage and penalties have positive and negative points. Positive is the fact that everyone must be more carefull. Negative point is that perhaps it will happen that a car get's damaged by another car. But that also happens in the real world racing.

I really don't think we should have heavy damage. Twice last month I received damage through no fault of my own (someone bumped me into a wall and an out of control car smashed me off the track). The worse of the two would have resulted in me getting lapped before making it back to the track with a repaired car.
 
Good luck tonight guys, I need to buy my car, yet I only have 37 cr. :lol:
 
Hey humans, when running in practice / grid position for tonights race if u are not setting a qualifying lap please do not park up on the track or on the sides, just return to the pit lane to make it fair on all
 
It's ok, I have it more or less as I want it, I used the spring rates and ride height from a genuine aftermarket coilover (Biot Trois, 8k/5k -20mm), I've done this with some other cars and it seems to work. For the rest, I started with the dampers 5/3 each end, camber 1.2/0.6, ARB 2/3. I changed the rear damper to 6/4 and the toe to 0.07/-0.15. It probably isn't ideal but it works for me.

Managed a consistent sub 1.28 earlier, iirc my best was something like 1.27.6.

Wow, 1:28's? Only able to dip into the 1:32's at the moment, with a best of 1:31.7.... if I'm uncompetetive, I'll bow out tonight O_o

Also, I'll confirm that this is my last Thursday race. My job likes to hold meetings on Thursday afternoons. I'll be in for any future Friday races if they're ever held though.

..... Go Orange! ^_^
 
Hey humans, when running in practice / grid position for tonights race if u are not setting a qualifying lap please do not park up on the track or on the sides, just return to the pit lane to make it fair on all

Remember back at Trial Mountain, I lost control and crashed straight into the 10 cars parked on the grass hill. :lol:
 
Hey humans, when running in practice / grid position for tonights race if u are not setting a qualifying lap please do not park up on the track or on the sides, just return to the pit lane to make it fair on all

the only reason i park on the side is at in the 45 min b4 the race i havta feed my son, give him a bath, and put him in his bed....

thats why as soon as the lobby gets up i'll drive 3/4 of the track and park off to the side....this way i don't have to drive another lap just to start qualifying because usually i only have time for a lap or two...i'm lucky the last two races we had to redo qualifying....

unlike where i parked at trail mountain,which wasn't so bad untill 7 other cars showed up...... ill take extra consideration to where i park as to not interfear with anybody else
 
the only reason i park on the side is at in the 45 min b4 the race i havta feed my son, give him a bath, and put him in his bed....

thats why as soon as the lobby gets up i'll drive 3/4 of the track and park off to the side....this way i don't have to drive another lap just to start qualifying because usually i only have time for a lap or two...

unlike where i parked at trail mountain,which wasn't so bad untill 7 other cars showed up...... ill take extra consideration to where i park as to not interfear with anybody else

Yeah, I don't mind people parking on the track, as long as it isn't in a distracting position.
 
Hey humans, when running in practice / grid position for tonights race if u are not setting a qualifying lap please do not park up on the track or on the sides, just return to the pit lane to make it fair on all

the only reason i park on the side is at in the 45 min b4 the race i havta feed my son, give him a bath, and put him in his bed....

thats why as soon as the lobby gets up i'll drive 3/4 of the track and park off to the side....this way i don't have to drive another lap just to start qualifying because usually i only have time for a lap or two...

unlike where i parked at trail mountain,which wasn't so bad untill 7 other cars showed up...... ill take extra consideration to where i park as to not interfear with anybody else
I don't know if you guys know this already, but it would come in handy. If you make sure you're at a complete stop by holding the brakes, and then hit pause, you're car will stay parked and will turn transparent while you are in the "pause" menu. This way you can stay parked out on the track without having to worry about someone crashing into you :)
 
WiiFreak
I don't know if you guys know this already, but it would come in handy. If you make sure you're at a complete stop by holding the brakes, and then hit pause, you're car will stay parked and will turn transparent while you are in the "pause" menu. This way you can stay parked out on the track without having to worry about someone crashing into you :)

This is true but your gamer tag will still show up and may distract other drivers so please no on track car parks
 
I don't know if you guys know this already, but it would come in handy. If you make sure you're at a complete stop by holding the brakes, and then hit pause, you're car will stay parked and will turn transparent while you are in the "pause" menu. This way you can stay parked out on the track without having to worry about someone crashing into you :)

or if you come to a complete stop and put the e-brake on you will not move either....thats what i do.....it will stay on also as long as you are not on the slope of a hill
 
Polyphony is really ennoying us with it limitations.
Two friends needed a car for a race today: A Mazda for this race and a Zagato for a WSCC-race.

Tried to send the Mazda: had forgotten the 1 car / day limit concerns all gifts on the same PS3. No problem: i borrowed it, which was in any case the only possible solution for the 10 million Zagato. Friend who needed the Zagato sent me the message you can't use a borrowed car in an online race.

Really silly... I sometimes have the impression they really want us to buy FM4.
 
Enjoy your race guys I cant make it to this one something has come up at the last min.
 
Is there a race today?

Edit: Never Mind
 
Last edited:
Final Results
129919362296.png


I had a good race, great battle JaiAE86. More pictures to come soon.
 
I had a good race, great battle JaiAE86. More pictures to come soon.

Was great until I my back wheel hit the grass, I went drifting across the road, over the jump and into the wall :lol:
 
Was great until I my back wheel hit the grass, I went drifting across the road, over the jump and into the wall :lol:

Yeah, I was having an issue with my brake pedal not coming all the way back up, normally just at the worse time possible 👎
 
Was great until I my back wheel hit the grass, I went drifting across the road, over the jump and into the wall :lol:

the whole first half of the race i was trying to catch you and Ranek, but i just couldn't do it....then i hit a wall and ended up fighting badger and ID the last half...was a good race and pretty clean i thought....but like i said, for the first 8 laps i was by myself so idk what else was going on
 
Did I mention I rolled the car when I was in practice mode offline.
 
Yeah, I was having an issue with my brake pedal not coming all the way back up, normally just at the worse time possible 👎

I suppose you have a logitech Driving Force GT. I already had the problem with two of these steering wheels. There is a way to resolve that problem. There is a video on the site somewhere here.

About the race: I completely ruined my race by a stupid setup error. Negative toe in the back (as suggest the link to Mad FinnTuners co at page 26) made the car completely uncontrollable in corner exits. So I spinned at least 5 or 6 times.
After the race, I put +0.5 positive toe in the place of the -0.4, went to my own lounge (to have online grip conditions) and instead of laptimes of 1.30-1.32 (in the laps when I didn't spin) I made consistent 1.28's (even one 1.27.9).

I hope I didn't hit anybody while spinning out.
 
the whole first half of the race i was trying to catch you and Ranek, but i just couldn't do it....then i hit a wall and ended up fighting badger and ID the last half...was a good race and pretty clean i thought....but like i said, for the first 8 laps i was by myself so idk what else was going on

Yeh I spent 10 or so laps playing catch up, then suddenly took you got surprised xD

You put up an excellent back and forth (and dont say anything but I was rooting for you to beat ID xD)
 
I suppose you have a logitech Driving Force GT. I already had the problem with two of these steering wheels. There is a way to resolve that problem. There is a video on the site somewhere here.

About the race: I completely ruined my race by a stupid setup error. Negative toe in the back (as suggest the link to Mad FinnTuners co at page 26) made the car completely uncontrollable in corner exits. So I spinned at least 5 or 6 times.
After the race, I put +0.5 positive toe in the place of the -0.4, went to my own lounge (to have online grip conditions) and instead of laptimes of 1.30-1.32 (in the laps when I didn't spin) I made consistent 1.28's (even one 1.27.9).

I hope I didn't hit anybody while spinning out.

I'm using a Fanatec Carrera, it occasionally does silly things like this (usually when I don't press down the pedals before starting GT5).

As for suspension tuning, I'm using slightly modified version of the one detailed here. Fastest lap I ran during quali with it was a 1:26.9xx (I never quite managed to adjust my line properly after we decided that cutting was ok :( )
 
There I am, showing up last again, next time I will risk it all to win.
 
I thought that was a great race 👍 There was some good clean racing up front and for a while. I thought it was going to be pretty close, until I ended up pulling away, which I didn't think I was capable of doing to be honest as I didn't feel I was any faster than the other front runners.

About the race: I completely ruined my race by a stupid setup error. Negative toe in the back (as suggest the link to Mad FinnTuners co at page 26) made the car completely uncontrollable in corner exits. So I spinned at least 5 or 6 times.
After the race, I put +0.5 positive toe in the place of the -0.4, went to my own lounge (to have online grip conditions) and instead of laptimes of 1.30-1.32 (in the laps when I didn't spin) I made consistent 1.28's (even one 1.27.9).

I hope I didn't hit anybody while spinning out.
Hmm... I didn't have any problems with the car oversteering out of the corners, and I was using the exact suspension setup as the one I posted. The car was a bit loose, but it didn't cause the car to do anything dramatic. I guess the loose handling fits my driving style better than yours.
 
Lots of fun in today's race! I made two mistakes braking into the 1st turn that cost me 2nd and 3rd place, but other than that I was pretty happy with how I did. I was side-by-side with zu3 for long periods of time in our battle. I've never had to use the 'side camera' view so much! My car setup was great at the qualifying and the start of the race, but it didn't handle the tire wear at the end too well. That's one thing I never really tested in my practice laps.

This will have to be my final Thursday Low Power race, but please keep me informed if you ever make the addition of a Friday race.
 
Hmm... I didn't have any problems with the car oversteering out of the corners, and I was using the exact suspension setup as the one I posted. The car was a bit loose, but it didn't cause the car to do anything dramatic. I guess the loose handling fits my driving style better than yours.

I agree with that: very fast setups mostly are hard to handle and that one was clearly too difficult for me, at the point that with a theoretically slower setup (which I felt slowed down the car at corner exits) I was 2 seconds faster.
 
I actually hate this car xD All 15 laps my tires were squeeling and I fought it round the track, I find this car understeers SO much, even if I try to force oversteer.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back