The Low Power Cup Car Championship! (UPDATE: NEW LEADERBOARD,HOST INFO, DRIVERS LIST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micra_K11Squad
  • 665 comments
  • 27,395 views

Which Car for Next Months Championship?


  • Total voters
    34
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also just like to apologize if I was viewed as overly aggressive in last week's race. I re-watched the replay and was pretty embarassed to see how many times I cut the chicane. Most were due to me either missing a brake point, or attempting to avoid contact, but still, I'm sorry if I messed anyone else's race up.


thats ok Bean....since you are from Syracuse ill forgive ya

GO ORANGE!!!!
 
Looks like alot of fun without having to much power! I would like to join if you have room.
Warsteiner80/Both Days
 
Seems to be a lot of interest. Please can you tell us how the new system will operate with 2 races on Thursday. I suggest you post the 2 times and racers choose either or both and you keep adding until both lists are full....at which point you you arrange a time for a 3rd race...resign your job and dedicate your life to running the low power club..
 
If anyone is looking for a good suspension setup to start off with here is one from Mad FinnTuners Co. The MX-5 they tuned is much more powerful than the one we are running, but the suspension setup should still transfer well to our car :)
 
If anyone is looking for a good suspension setup to start off with here is one from Mad FinnTuners Co. The MX-5 they tuned is much more powerful than the one we are running, but the suspension setup should still transfer well to our car :)

To add to this, here are a couple more tunes that might help :)
 
I'm about to fire up my lounge for a practice session for a little while, feel free to join if you want.
 
thanks for adding me mizxecio, ill drop by tomorrow if your having another.

How we finding the car guys? What times are we seeing?

Ill buy mine and mod it tonight :)
 
It's ok, I have it more or less as I want it, I used the spring rates and ride height from a genuine aftermarket coilover (Biot Trois, 8k/5k -20mm), I've done this with some other cars and it seems to work. For the rest, I started with the dampers 5/3 each end, camber 1.2/0.6, ARB 2/3. I changed the rear damper to 6/4 and the toe to 0.07/-0.15. It probably isn't ideal but it works for me.

Managed a consistent sub 1.28 earlier, iirc my best was something like 1.27.6.
 
Last edited:
One thing I refuse to do is race fuji, its the most tragic track ever and mose everyone will die of boredom on it.
 
One thing I refuse to do is race fuji, its the most tragic track ever and mose everyone will die of boredom on it.

I think such a track will keep the race very competitive, it's quite a wide track and has a big straight for slipstreaming.
 
One thing I refuse to do is race fuji, its the most tragic track ever and mose everyone will die of boredom on it.

You may end up bored if you're on your own, but with someone else/in a group it should be fun. I've run a long race at Fuji with our current car, but a different spec (same or slightly more weight, 250BHP) and it was as entertaining as the other races I did in that car.
 
Last edited:
For Madrid: do we take the long or the short one? I hope the long one.
 
Nice info mizxecio I am going to try and do the same.

I built my car 197HP, left it in the bspec 4hour mazda event over night and hp dropped to 193, change of oil brought it up to 203...
 
If there is still room I would like to join.

Psn: Aydel
Day: Friday
 
Quick question about Deep Forest. The inside of the first corner of the chicane before the first tunnel (the concrete bit) can be completely cut without the game giving you a penalty. So far, I've been taking the corner with at least two wheels on the track, but I'd like to know what people think is a fair line for this corner.
 
Quick question about Deep Forest. The inside of the first corner of the chicane before the first tunnel (the concrete bit) can be completely cut without the game giving you a penalty. So far, I've been taking the corner with at least two wheels on the track, but I'd like to know what people think is a fair line for this corner.
I'd like to know this as well. Like you said the game doesn't penalize players for cutting that corner. I usually just cut straight across it since the game doesn't penalize for it, so I just consider it "fair game", however I would go around the "clean" way if we implemented a rule against it. The trouble is that turning penalties on won't enforce this rule, thus people may still cut the corner and we will have no way to tell outside of reviewing the replay. However even then we wouldn't be able to see peoples qualifying laps :indiff:

Anyways I'd think it would be best just to allow it. It isn't a huge shortcut anyways, and it would probably save everyone a lot of trouble.
 
I'd like to know this as well. Like you said the game doesn't penalize players for cutting that corner. I usually just cut straight across it since the game doesn't penalize for it, so I just consider it "fair game", however I would go around the "clean" way if we implemented a rule against it. The trouble is that turning penalties on won't enforce this rule, thus people may still cut the corner and we will have no way to tell outside of reviewing the replay. However even then we wouldn't be able to see peoples qualifying laps :indiff:

Anyways I'd think it would be best just to allow it. It isn't a huge shortcut anyways, and it would probably save everyone a lot of trouble.

My opinion is always: don't forbid anything you can't control or avoid. So, if the penalty system allows, you better allow it. Rule will be the same for everybody.

And let's hope one day PD will do it's homework correctly.
 
My opinion is always: don't forbid anything you can't control or avoid. So, if the penalty system allows, you better allow it. Rule will be the same for everybody.

And let's hope one day PD will do it's homework correctly.

Either way is fine with me, but as you said, allowing the corner to be cut is easier to manage
 
Yes, allowing it could make things much easier. I don't find much difference myself, I'm taking it flat with two wheels on the rumble strip, before braking in a similar place to I would if cutting it.

ps. my lounge is running now
 
Last edited:
I thought I was in for this event.
 
Hi guys sorry for not replying to anything i've had a couple days rest :)

I will put on light penalties but if anyone has any problems like people hitting them and they get the penalty then i may have to rethink about it.

For the deep forest concrete part you should always have two wheels on the track at all times so the short cut is a no no!

To all them people who havent been writen on the drivers list please tell me your PSN and your prefer racing day (Thursday or Friday) ASAP!

Thanks Micra! 👍

JAI-AE86 i will send you your 300SL tonight :)
 
Last edited:
Hi guys sorry for not replying to anything i've had a couple days rest :)

I will put on light penalties but if anyone has any problems like people hitting them and they get the penalty then i may have to rethink about it.

For the deep forest concrete part you should always have two wheels on the track at all times so the short cut is a no no!

To all them people who havent been writen on the drivers list please tell me your PSN and your prefer racing day (Thursday or Friday) ASAP!

Thanks Micra! 👍

JAI-AE86 i will send you your 300SL tonight :)

that is the only reason i dont like penalties....most of the people in this league have been racing toghter for 2 months now and we have a good feel for eachother with braking points and driving lines....its whenever we get new racers there tends to be a little bumping...and its always from behind going into a turn...which could kill someones race considering everyone has the same cars and tunes....and unless your wiifreak ;) u r gonna have a hard time catching back up...

thats what happend to me in trail mountain last month...i was in 2nd and the person behind me completly blew the braking point in the S turn, spun me out and caused me to fall back to 10th...and with nobody to draft on i had no chance to catch up...i can see the same thing happining with someone getting bumped and causing them to get a 5+ sec penalty...

idk though....we'll see what happens this race...and please...don't bump me...i don't want my pimped out paint to get scratched 👍
 
idk though....we'll see what happens this race...and please...don't bump me...i don't want my pimped out paint to get scratched 👍

I sure wont, but this month im really going to crack down on the people who aren't playing fair :)
 
Either day is ok for me.


zu3-
 
I would like to participate, is it possible?

Yeah thats fine send me a FR plus could you write down your psn and which day you prefer to race (thursday or friday) please

Micra 👍
 
Is it too late to get in this series? I've looked over the OP and I've been wanting to expand my online racing activities. A nice low hp, high competition series would be fun!

PSN: MH4wheel
Available on Thursdays
 
Is it too late to get in this series? I've looked over the OP and I've been wanting to expand my online racing activities. A nice low hp, high competition series would be fun!

PSN: MH4wheel
Available on Thursdays

:O You're joining too? Good luck trying to beat these people, they're very skilled.
 
:O You're joining too? Good luck trying to beat these people, they're very skilled.

Yeah, that I am. Nice to see I'm not the only one crawling out of the race report section. lol Well if we have to we'll try some elaborate story-esque team drafting to get through the field.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back