The Low Power Cup Car Championship! (UPDATE: NEW LEADERBOARD,HOST INFO, DRIVERS LIST)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Micra_K11Squad
  • 665 comments
  • 27,394 views

Which Car for Next Months Championship?


  • Total voters
    34
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been lurking for awhile, but just wanted to express my interest in this kind of racing. Please count me in for this Thursday. I won't be a threat for the victory, but would really enjoy the experience! PSN ID: BeanTheGene
 
I'm getting tired with pub rooms, I can never find anywhere to drive the cars I want to drive, so it's about time I tried some organised racing.

I understand you quiet well. That's the reason why I joined this group, although the competition already started.

Have a look here too.
http://gt5wsc.webs.com/

I was on their trackday yesterday. Take a look at the pictures of that event.

Will be doing some training in my private lounge this evening (from 9 pm GMT to 10 pm GMT (from 4 to 5 EST). Don't hesitate to come in. (PSN: turbogeit)

Edit: Just finished some 55 laps of practice. With the new suspension set-up I tried, I was able to make consistent 44-laps (best 44.293). But I'm rather concerned with tirewear. After about 10 laps, it becomes difficult to keep turning the same laptimes.
 
I'll be there as well. :)
 
Just ran an hours practice, hitting mid 44's pretty consistant. Can see 43's with a proper tune.

GTP_MJH if you want to add me.

Matt.
 
Me too, about 44-45, but I'm working on setup :)
 
With the new suspension set-up I tried, I was able to make consistent 44-laps (best 44.293). But I'm rather concerned with tirewear. After about 10 laps, it becomes difficult to keep turning the same laptimes.

Okay, so it's not just me.

I had a large practice session last night. I noticed tire-wear also, by the 10 lap mark I was feeling a drop in traction. It seems with this track that the car is turning a lot of the time.
 
Okay, so it's not just me.

I had a large practice session last night. I noticed tire-wear also, by the 10 lap mark I was feeling a drop in traction. It seems with this track that the car is turning a lot of the time.

I have the impression that GT5 has different tirewear than GT3 and GT4. In the previous versions, tirewear was rather sudden and not such progressive: sometimes in less then two or three laps, behaviour changed from almost perfect to impossible to drive. In GT5, it goes much slower: online, with heavy fuel-consumption and tirewear, you have only several perfect laps, tires warm up slower, but it takes a long time before it gets really critical. Between perfect tires and critical tires, you have a long period in which you loose time, but in short races, not enough to change them.

To me, it seems more realistic and interesting for online endurances.
 
I'll add my experience to this. Doing an Endurance race at Grand Valley I noticed (at least on Sport Hard) that on a fresh set of tires I have one lap to get them warmed up, one lap to turn a Best Time, and from then on my lap times would slowly increase. YMMV.
 
That confirms entirely what we said. Grand Valley is about 4 or 5 times longer than Autumn mini. I needed three or four laps to warm them up. Could make about 4-5 excellent laps and from then on, it became more difficult.
 
About to start a practice room. Anyone who wants to join, feel free to add me and join my lounge.
 
About to start a practice room. Anyone who wants to join, feel free to add me and join my lounge.

Good idea, I'm in a long B-Spec race now, but I'll join you at the end of it.
See you in about half an hour.

Edit: FR sent
 
Sorry for the double post.

First page says each race will be on Thursday, but the 23/2 is a Wednesday.
Is the race really going to be held on Thursday, or is there a date error.
 
I can't get quicker than 44.700 It must be the line im taking or something. but I don't think i'll be that competative this thursday. I swear, my car can't handle any better than it does! hahaha. Its gotta be me haa!
 
I would like to join
PSN : GORDATA2NICE
 
Sorry for the double post.

First page says each race will be on Thursday, but the 23/2 is a Wednesday.
Is the race really going to be held on Thursday, or is there a date error.

Thanks for noticing the mistake dude, yeah every race is held on thursdays 22.30 GMT
 
I can't get quicker than 44.700 It must be the line im taking or something. but I don't think i'll be that competative this thursday. I swear, my car can't handle any better than it does! hahaha. Its gotta be me haa!

That time isn't too bad.

Have you done much work with the suspension settings?

I've learnt a lot about car settings from competing in this series. It transfers over to all aspects of the game.

Although a look at the series standings will show I may not be the best to give advice. :dunce:
 
44.7 isn't that bad. Making consistent 44.7 laps without going wide or spinning will be better than a 43.x lap and next a 46 or a 47.

I had a strange experience yesterday in Terbo2000's lounge:
with the same settings, I couldn't manage to get the same times as the day before in my own lounge. I had the feeling there was less grip. The only difference was that I did use the driving line the first time and not this time. But can that explain an average 0.6 sec difference in lap times, on a track I could do with the eyes closed?
Is it possible that from one lounge to another, the track can be faster or slower? Can it be that the grip depends on the number of cars on the track? An hour later, while qualifying on Indy Road for the Clio WSCC-event I made my fastest lap (quite faster than my other laps) on a moment I was alone on the track. Coincidence or not?


On the other hand, I also had the impression that tire use is influenced by the damage setting: less if damage is on low. So, it might not be such a big issue for todays race.
 
@ Mic_C_1080: I've pretty much completely changed the suspension set-up from the race before, if anything I've gone too extreme with it this time. I'm not used to setting up FF cars however. I'm a lot better at tuning FR cars.

@turbogeit: I remember reading about GT5 having different weather conditions including track temperature and everything else. But I always thought that only occured on the tracks that had the weather change option. It would be awesome if it had track temperature, wind direction/speed etc on normal tracks. that in itself would explain the changes we've noticed. I remember practicing around trial mountain with different cars once and after watching the replays back everytime i created smoke/dust etc the direction and speed it would fly off in was different everytime.

Either way I'm excited for later. I'm not expecting great results, but then the race is always unpredictable. good luck to everyone! Lets hope for a full grid too!!
 
Diablo_66 what sort of times are you seeing? Will be interesting to see if we end up running together again :)

Sounds like its going to be a nice big grid
 
On my first practice I got consistent 46-47 seconds. I'm going to have another practice soon and see what kind of results I get.
 
I did a 15 lap practise today with a grid of AI 500s and averaged high 46s also.
 
Looking forward to the race today. I haven't done any practice laps though so I'm not very prepared :D I'll get some laps in before the race though, and I already have a good general purpose setup on my car so I should be fine, hopefully :scared:
 
Important

We had network problems yesterday on our WSCC Clio pre-season race. (Some cars were invisible for me. I thought I was on the lead, as my PS3 indicated, but there was another car in front of me).
Finally we found a solution we recommend now before starting all WSCC-races:

- everybody empties cache
- everybody restarts PS3

After that, the problems were over.

So, if you have a problem to join the lounge, try this before entering.
 
I've only managed to get a short bit of practising in last night, so I don't know how well I can do this week. Looking forward to the start in an hour!
 
Room is filling up fast guys
 
Did anyone else just get disconnected from the lounge?

EDIT: Yep, everyone did.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back