[The McLaren Thread]-Welcoming The Name And The F1 To Gran Turismo!

670x377Image-1.jpg

Lets officially welcome the MP4-12C to Gran Turismo shall we?

EDIT: Ignore the red circle in the back. From a separate discussion.

this are the new cars right? i mean the recently added cars to gt5 cars line up?

Well someone here did report seeing PD (a whole bunch of Japanese people) at Mclaren HQ scanning the F1 GTR and MP4-12C

This confirms it was all true :)
We might see a few other classic Mclarens as well, and some F1 cars...

Yeah, who doesn't? But I'm afraid Bernie won't let it happen. Unless there's some FIA agreement that allows Poly to reproduce F1 cars prior to, say, 2008 (or any arbitrary year). Seeing McLaren's from the 90's would be... swell. 👍

Sony had/has the license for the 2006/2007 season so we maybe see some more cars from around then.

Jay
Probably helps EA holds and controls Porsches software licensing since NFS Porsche unleashed back in 2000. All other publishers that use the Porsche license in games go through EA.

I didn't know that Jay. So if Sony wanted to pony up the cash to EA they could get the license?

If so it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't do this considering how much money they've spent on the rest of GT5's production! I mean, Micrsoft secured the Porsche license for Forza and it won't shift anywhere near the number of units that GT5 will.

I didn't know that Jay. So if Sony wanted to pony up the cash to EA they could get the license?

If so it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't do this considering how much money they've spent on the rest of GT5's production! I mean, Micrsoft secured the Porsche license for Forza and it won't shift anywhere near the number of units that GT5 will.

Depends if EA haven't already made exclusivity deals with other parties who have deep pockets. I know EA keep a tight leash on the license, even MS had trouble showing promo shots of FM3 with Porsches in them because EA had approve of each promo shot first hand.

You never know what will happen though, recently EA and Sony have become a lot closer so that might help in the future.

Jay
Depends if EA haven't already made exclusivity deals with other parties who have deep pockets. I know EA keep a tight leash on the license, even MS had trouble showing promo shots of FM3 with Porsches in them because EA had approve of each promo shot first hand.

You never know what will happen though, recently EA and Sony have become a lot closer so that might help in the future.

Interesting. So do you think that its possible Sony secured the license for GT5 and have kept it close to their chest to surprise fans? Or it would be more probable that if they did secure it, we'd already know because they'd want to use it as a selling point?

Interesting. So do you think that its possible Sony secured the license for GT5 and have kept it close to their chest to surprise fans? Or it would be more probable that if they did secure it, we'd already know because they'd want to use it as a selling point?

Kaz has come out and confirmed that there will be no Porsche in GT5.

Welcome to GTPlanet!

I don't think PD/Sony are holding out.

Kaz has come out and confirmed that there will be no Porsche in GT5.

I don’t understand how Kaz lost again on the getting the Porsche name added to Gran Turismo. He’s fought for years and I thought he won this time. The thing that get’s me the most that Porsche is no owned by Audi so why wouldn’t it be added. RUF welcome back ….

On another note...
If some of you don’t already know this; the reason why the BMW McLaren FIA Race Car showed up in GT4 and not to the road car is due to McLaren designed the car with a BMW engine. BWM was so pleased with the car the wanted to redesign it to a race car under the BMW name. As long the car was raced it was a BMW first and a McLaren next. And now that the car is no longer raced McLaren has the rights to do what they wanted with the car and name. Remember now McLaren was a Tuner Company before they became Engineering Company.

There isn't much that he can do. EA owns the Porsche license on consoles. And money obviously wasn't an issue with GT5 as they have so many things that they've never had in the series before.

Well someone here did report seeing PD (a whole bunch of Japanese people) at Mclaren HQ scanning the F1 GTR and MP4-12C

This confirms it was all true :)
We might see a few other classic Mclarens as well, and some F1 cars...

There was two people who wrote about it, one being me and I can't remember the other person.

I know as my uncle told me as he works for mclaren and I just asked him and he said that PD did enquire about using some mclaren F1 cars and he said that they took details on some mclaren F1 cars but he said that mclaren emphasised that it was more important to them that the MP4-12C is in.

So I doubt that we will see any in GT5 and so does my uncle but who knows for GT6 and if I hear something on that I will tell you but as far as my uncle is aware they won't be any in GT5

Stuff the 12C.

Kaz is out of touch with the world if he doesn't include the F1 GTR. Its an incredibly successful Le Mans racer and is far more deserving than many of the other cars being included.

I'll be very disappointed if the GTR isn't there.

There was two people who wrote about it, one being me and I can't remember the other person.

I know as my uncle told me as he works for mclaren and I just asked him and he said that PD did enquire about using some mclaren F1 cars and he said that they took details on some mclaren F1 cars but he said that mclaren emphasised that it was more important to them that the MP4-12C is in.

So I doubt that we will see any in GT5 and so does my uncle but who knows for GT6 and if I hear something on that I will tell you but as far as my uncle is aware they won't be any in GT5

PD usually makes deals like - Give us the F1 cars and we'll put in the MP4-12C :)

It's a give and take when it comes to these things in GT due to the exposure the cars get, and the car companies need to sell the newer.
If PD wants rights to some of the better and older classic cars, they usually have to put in the more mundane newer cars that the companies want to promote

Stuff the 12C.

Kaz is out of touch with the world if he doesn't include the F1 GTR. Its an incredibly successful Le Mans racer and is far more deserving than many of the other cars being included.

I'll be very disappointed if the GTR isn't there.

Did you see GT4?

Good to see the McLaren in here, but i'll destroy it with the 458 anyway :P.

Did you see GT4?

Good to see the McLaren in here, but i'll destroy it with the 458 anyway :P.

NO chance 458 has less power, more weight and no air brake and rear spoiler which helps.
Anyway your 458 will catch fire before the race LoL

NO chance 458 has less power, more weight and no air brake and rear spoiler which helps.

Agreed the McLaren is a beast. I played the demo and the McLaren is impossible to catch.

PD usually makes deals like - Give us the F1 cars and we'll put in the MP4-12C :)

It's a give and take when it comes to these things in GT due to the exposure the cars get, and the car companies need to sell the newer.
If PD wants rights to some of the better and older classic cars, they usually have to put in the more mundane newer cars that the companies want to promote

I agree, but when I mentioned this a while back, I had a some members really give me a hard time. 👍

I'll reiterate what I want haha.

GT-R long tail, short tail, LM and the already confirmed F1- production versions.

Longtail and Shorttail which can be skinned/race modified to a few of the more common/popular GT-Rs of the past. ie. The GT4 one, the blue and orange Gulf, the le mans winning black one etc.

witham

That quote makes me think that what I want wont be happening.

I wish the game was out. Then we can stop all this speculation and I can either be mad or happy...

McLaren-F1-GTR-Le-Mans-Winner-01.jpg

Please.

That's only what the stats say. Put the actual driver to the tests, and then talk about the outcome.....👍

The car I want the most out of any car ever would be the McLaren F1 LM. It's not looking like it's in, but maybe when you do a race conversion on the normal road F1 (if possible) it will get a GTR body kit (like the pic above) and wing similar enough to the LM. Then I should just be able to paint it the LM orange, change the gearing and have my self about the best replica LM possible. :)

Just had a thought, if the race conversion adds a body/aero kit, you might be able to just buy that from GT auto in the body/aero kit section. Now here's to hoping they include it for the McLaren F1!

Yea that would be cool.

A longtail body kit and a shorttail body kit.

That would be acceptable. And by no means challenging seeing all the modeling work has been done. As in the Chrome/Stealth Mclaren F1 is basically a shorttail GTR/LM. And the Longtail is the FINA F1 which was in GT4...

So easy to implement. DO IT!

Not really, that race was set to make it closer than it should be. In an ideal test, with two equally skilled driver the Veyron would be ahead all the way and have had a much bigger lead by the end. A memvber of the TopGear production crew admitted than the Veyron didn't go as fast as it could have, but he only offered a suggestion about the weather rather than a definite reason why.

The only main tests I'd take as definites on TopGear are the power lap times. The drag races they regularly do are usuall set to be close and although the right car always wins, they make it as dramatic as possible for viewing effect.

Well actually Ron Dennis complained that it was set the other way around, and because of excessive amount of heat in Dubai I can believe him. At such temperatures and with 4 turbos such car can easily lose more than 20% of its power, and dont forget F1 has goldened engine just because of heat dissipation...so with like 800 hp and its power-eating AWD system I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it lose almost every drag race there, I have driven a turbo car and I know what I am talking about..

As for maximum speed, its real maximum speed is around 365-370 km/h, if you want to go over 400 you have to enter "low downforce" mode which means you have to stop the car first and never again press brakes until you reach 400 so I don't know how anyone can take that as legit.

Personally I couldn't care less which car wins in a straight line. The F1 is the better car around a track, so it's the better car in GT.

Personally I couldn't care less which car wins in a straight line. The F1 is the better car around a track, so it's the better car in GT.
That's actually hard to say, considering that the Veyron has twice proven that it's pretty nimble on the circuit.

Back